• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
BoTW being heavy on OoT references
Banjo in Smash
Pokemon Snap coming back
Ultimate itself used Smash 64 nostalgia as a motif
etc
You could also say how they refuse to believe Star Fox continued after 64, I guess. Also I'd think Ultimate is more focused on Melee and Brawl: They're where the cut vets were last seen, it has faster gameplay for Melee fans, and a big adventure mode for Brawl fans. Even if it doesn't reach the levels those fanbases wanted.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I wonder how many of these award point thingies were needed for the “I’d like to thank the academy...” trophy.

Especially since A. It came out of nowhere and B. I don’t know what an award point is.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I came back to 3 achievements lol. Two of which I already meet criteria for. Which was the avatar one and having a smash main for every game. The last was for trophy points in general that I gathered so that’s neat.

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder how many of these award point thingies were needed for the “I’d like to thank the academy...” trophy.

Especially since A. It came out of nowhere and B. I don’t know what an award point is.
I think it means the total points you get via trophies accumulated.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Idk what these new trophies are, but it does remind me, Origami King has a built in achievement system in which you do various tasks to fill up a trophy case, and that makes me realize

Other Nintendo games should have an achievement system. Thoughts?
I'm personally not usually a huge fan of achievement systems. They often feel like arbitrary rewards for arbitrary tasks.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, thanks. lol
We’ve been adding a few additional trophies for the site. Some of them are self-explanatory, others are more vague while some are extremely hard to get.

Things like the avy trophies will be rewarded to anyone who has uploaded a custom avatar regardless of joining period. The trophies aren’t a one-time thing and can be awarded whenever the criteria is fulfilled. Gotta catch ‘em all!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If you don't list your 3ds and Wii U mains distinct to represent both your overall 4 main and secondary, then you're doing it wrong

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This appeared in my recommendations, and it is pretty funny to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's so strange to me that one of the selling features of two consoles was the Virtual Console and they've just sort of....not done that with the Switch.

I mean the Switch has a much better overall library of new games, but it'd still be such a system seller and gateway drug to getting older Nintendo players back if they had access to their favorite new games on the go, but also all their old favorite classics. regularly.
It might be the retro game diehards I follow, but I know many, such as the guys over at Retronauts or the CUPodcast, called the system more of a throwback/emulation machine at least during the system's initial 2 year lifespan. Collections, Arcade Archives, SEGA Ages, Neo Geo, Neo Pocket Color Selection, random ports, etc. The fact that Nintendo was magically able to re-release arcade Donkey Kong after 37 years of legal issues speaks volumes.

N64 & GC are definitely still strange omissions though given the demand, especially for the latter. I personally think a GB Online is more likely to happen than either of them. N64 is up in the air IMO now that the defining game getting it's own separate re-release, but I'd be surprised if GC games aren't sold individually.

Not sure why Nintendo made the shift away from the VC, especially if people are still interested in purchasing individual titles. Part of it could be the changing landscape as even with the 3DS/Wii U VC, the selection wasn't as large and arguably diverse (MS/Genesis/Arcade/C64 vs. GG/GBA/DS). Rather than saving for individual re-releases, both Capcom & Konami chose to re-release their most popular games of the 8/16 bit era in collections. SEGA & Konami, taking Nintendo's lead, chose to go the mini-system route.

Companies might have a different outlook as a lot of plans for the Wii VC were put into motion through re-releases in the GBA/GC era; 2003 in particular for the 20th anniversary of the Famicom and GBA ports. I think it was at that time that companies learning that their old games still had value and were more willing to throw up roms of them. Now that the retro market is in full swing it's probably caused those companies to re-value their properties. The consumer generational swing from NES/SNES kids to N64/GC/Wii kids could also explain some trends.

Also nice Avatar. Gold's Togepi is a lot of fun; one of the best moments in the series is him teaching Togepi how to gamble. Recently picked up the HGSS volumes, having never read the saga in full before.
:175:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
yeah...a legit Spider-Man fact (that is likely only for Peter Parker
10806863-1456-45D1-819F-C01369F6E37B.jpeg

nutshell is blah blah blah villians ko’s New Avengers, then they all wake up butt ass naked for...reasons I don’t know...and Jessica is annoyed over them all being in the nude (especially since this was before there were any other females on the team...and during the time she was a skrull)
still not among the weirdest Spider-Man facts somehow

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did we get new trophies or are they just implemented poorly? I just got 2 new trophies, one of which was for uploading an avatar picture for the first time.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
14.png

XD OK...?

SITE.png

"You lookin' sharp in that VERY FIRST Avatar today, Riley!"

"But I am not in it right now...and it has been 6 years...BTW, my name's Rid-"

"Also, would you like to thank the Academy?"

"The what...?"

"Also, you're gonna be the next April Fools joke, too bad you aren't in Smash!"

"But I already was...and I AM."

"...Who are you...?"

"......"

XD I am so sorry, I couldn't resist. I should be taking breaks, but I was tempted. Love the site. <3

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
...So like, in the rollout to get the new trophies, I didn't get the "One main for every game one"

Rip
If you would have waited like, 11 minutes, you would have seen that you received it....

:grinch:

When trophies roll out, it sometimes takes a while for them to get rewarded. In my trophies, finally got the You Work for the Man Now, Dog Trophy for being made a mod back in 2018 despite originally being modded in 2013. And I never got the Super Moderator (what Frieza hates most) trophy despite being made one in 2014-15’ish. It’s still “Being Delivered.”

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If you would have waited like, 11 minutes, you would have seen that you received it....

:grinch:

When trophies roll out, it sometimes takes a while for them to get rewarded. In my trophies, finally got the You Work for the Man Now, Dog Trophy for being made a mod back in 2018 despite originally being modded in 2013. And I never got the Super Moderator (what Frieza hates most) trophy despite being made one in 2014-15’ish. It’s still “Being Delivered.”
......... oh jesus, as an internet boomer, you cannot believe how much I want that. :dr^_^:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Idk what these new trophies are, but it does remind me, Origami King has a built in achievement system in which you do various tasks to fill up a trophy case, and that makes me realize

Other Nintendo games should have an achievement system. Thoughts?
Or just games on Nintendo. I know there's an Achievements website for emulated games. Those are all kinds of fun and gives you an extra task to do, which makes you want to actually 100% a game.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have over two thousand Smashboards points now! Maybe I can finally afford one of the big plush toys behind the counter!
Or exchange them to Nook Miles....

maybe Smashboards could set up a working business relationship with a certain enterprising Tanuki.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Came back from playing some games to see a Partner Showcase announced. Noice.

Shroob

Sup?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bro **** Bardock B and even the new Roshi B, Android 16's new B Assist gotta be one of the best in the game.

Roshi himself is fun to play, it's just a matter of if I can learn his damn combos

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Also, Direct Mini incoming.
I, for one, actually enjoy these showcases, not just for the games that get revealed, but because they've been truly show off how entitled people can be.
Remember, folks, keep your expectations and personal interests under surveillance, because otherwise, you'll just wind up grouped up with the rest of the brats if you can't let others have their own opinions.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I, for one, actually enjoy these showcases, not just for the games that get revealed, but because they've been truly show off how entitled people can be.
Remember, folks, keep your expectations and personal interests under surveillance, because otherwise, you'll just wind up grouped up with the rest of the brats if you can't let others have their own opinions.
Same.
Just like those who whine for Smash in the live chat.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You say this as if Nintendo isn't milkin the **** out of N64 nostalgia now lol.

Also, wanna see neglect? The GameCube exists lol.
Nah, I think NES nostalgia get's milk to death compared to N64 nostalgia. Plus Nintendo likes to pretend SM64 and Ocarina of Time are the only N64 games that exist sometimes. I sure know the N64 Sub-Reddit like to pretend it is. But yeah, the Gamecube definitely get's more neglect.

What the hell?! Double, double post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom