• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Just realized that Jedah isn't bald.
1600222735920.png

either i have the observational skills of a goldfish or reality is breaking at the seams. I'm more inclined to believe the first option.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They are reaching the end of the SNES And NES barrel which makes me think the reason why Mario is limited, as we will see Mario 64 release for free with online early next year.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So are we all in agreement that Nintendo just stopped giving a **** about the NES online?
Depends on how you look at it. The last few NES releases have been above average except for maybe The Immortal, which is still notable as it's still the first time it's been reissued. On the other hand, there are still tons of awesome games to be re-released they haven't gotten to. SCAT itself is a $110 game loose, so having that made available again is fantastic. Several key titles are also available through other means on the system and the SNES is still playing catch up in terms of numbers of games available.

Still crossing my fingers for Gimmick! If that gets re-released proper then all complaints about NES/SNES Online are objectively rendered invalid. :p

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
New video from Delzethin: this time it's the Knight from Hollow Knight.

So what do you guys think of this moveset?
Hallow Knight has never hooked me in. That being said, I wouldn’t be upset to see him. I see it more as an enhanced Mii costume type deal.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So are we all in agreement that Nintendo just stopped giving a **** about the NES online?
It's so strange to me that one of the selling features of two consoles was the Virtual Console and they've just sort of....not done that with the Switch.

I mean the Switch has a much better overall library of new games, but it'd still be such a system seller and gateway drug to getting older Nintendo players back if they had access to their favorite new games on the go, but also all their old favorite classics. regularly.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Welp I just binged watched a 24 episode anime near non stop the past half day for the first time. So it's 4:30am and my eyes are wrecked.
I'll go into more detail later.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's so strange to me that one of the selling features of two consoles was the Virtual Console and they've just sort of....not done that with the Switch.

I mean the Switch has a much better overall library of new games, but it'd still be such a system seller and gateway drug to getting older Nintendo players back if they had access to their favorite new games on the go, but also all their old favorite classics. regularly.
I mean, as it stands now, the SNES online is one of the two reasons to actually get the Nintendo Switch Online, so I doubt they're gonna actually bring back VC, not when SNES online has picking up a lot of steam lately.

Besides VC also had a trash release schedule too, so it's not like Nintendo is gonna handle it well. Remember, we had to wait for N64 VC on the Wii U when the Wii had it for quite a while.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, as it stands now, the SNES online is one of the two reasons to actually get the Nintendo Switch Online, so I doubt they're gonna actually bring back VC, not when SNES online has picking up a lot of steam lately.

Besides VC also had a trash release schedule too, so it's not like Nintendo is gonna handle it well. Remember, we had to wait for N64 VC on the Wii U when the Wii had it for quite a while.
We're still probably gonna have to wait for N64 online for a long, long time, or at least a decent chunk of time after the Mario collection is done selling.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Part of me wonders if they're afraid that their old titles will take away from their new ones. Like, they obviously want people to be buying and playing the new games, and since they know how much people love the old games, maybe they're afraid they'd compete with the new titles?

It's goofy enough to be something they'd do. :drshrug:

Shroob

Sup?
Part of me wonders if they're afraid that their old titles will take away from their new ones. Like, they obviously want people to be buying and playing the new games, and since they know how much people love the old games, maybe they're afraid they'd compete with the new titles?

It's goofy enough to be something they'd do. :drshrug:
Well, when it comes to some games, I honestly believe that they're right in that regard.

CoughMELEEcough

MooMew64

Well, when it comes to some games, I honestly believe that they're right in that regard.

CoughMELEEcough
Isn't the competitive crowd really the only one that cares about Melee at this point, though?

Don't get me wrong, I love all Smash games (...apart from Wii U), but most casuals will probably stick with Ultimate for the roster.

Shroob

Sup?
Isn't the competitive crowd really the only one that cares about Melee at this point, though?

Don't get me wrong, I love all Smash games (...apart from Wii U), but most casuals will probably stick with Ultimate for the roster.
Yeah but it'd directly eat into Ultimate's spotlight in pretty much every way. Big N wants Ultimate to be the spotlight Smash game right now, and we've already seen them go on a tirade against tournaments/mods in the past for older Smash titles when a new one is what they're pushing.

MooMew64

Yeah but it'd directly eat into Ultimate's spotlight in pretty much every way. Big N wants Ultimate to be the spotlight Smash game right now, and we've already seen them go on a tirade against tournaments/mods in the past for older Smash titles when a new one is what they're pushing.
In fairness, they haven't gone after Melee tournaments in a long time. That one time they went after a charity one seem to teach them a lesson regarding that, as it admittedly was one of the dumbest things they've ever done and criticism of the action was completely warranted.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ok, so...this just happened and I am just here scratching my head like...what the hay just happened? x'D
wut.png

X'D I have been changing my avatar for all those years I have been here with official art, my own artwork and screenshots I have taken of games...and I changed my avatar last time on the 13th of September...just, why now? Oh God.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Trophies on the site seem a bit late.

I just got the one for uploading my first avatar to the site.

But wouldn't I have achieved it in 2014 when I had Edd from Ed Edd n Eddy as my avatar?

Shroob

Sup?
I think the NES get's enough love. N64 and SNES should have more games on Switch Online right now. Nintendo never gives the N64 attention ever. It bothers me as a N64 enthusiast.
It'll get attention.

After Super Mario Collection's off the shelf and you won't be able to pay Nintendo 60 bucks directly for Super Mario 64.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It'll get attention.

After Super Mario Collection's off the shelf and you won't be able to pay Nintendo 60 bucks directly for Super Mario 64.
When the N64 does get attention from Nintendo, they only act like Mario 64 and the Zelda games are the only N64 games that exist when there is a good amount of N64 games and underrated ones that never get attention.

Last edited:

MooMew64

When the N64 does get attention from Nintendo, they only act like Mario 64 and the Zelda games are the only N64 games that exist when there is a gooud amount of N64 games and underrated ones that never get attention.
I mean, a lot of those games are 3rd party releases, so Nintendo probably just doesn't care to negotiate the rights for a lot of them when they're pretty niche, unfortunately. Rare's games are also a problem due to Microsoft.

The N64 is a weird console all the way around: There's honestly not that many major Nintendo titles on there that have super huge followings nowadays. Mario 64, OoT, MM, and maaaaaybe Kirby still have big followings? DK64 is also a thing. It gets a bit harder to pick out major games for me after that.

EDIT: Oh, and Paper Mario. Forgot about it just like Tanabe and Miyamoto did. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, a lot of those games are 3rd party releases, so Nintendo probably just doesn't care to negotiate the rights for a lot of them when they're pretty niche, unfortunately. Rare's games are also a problem due to Microsoft.

The N64 is a weird console all the way around: There's honestly not that many major Nintendo titles on there that have super huge followings nowadays. Mario 64, OoT, MM, and maaaaaybe Kirby still have big followings? DK64 is also a thing. It gets a bit harder to pick out major games for me after that.

EDIT: Oh, and Paper Mario. Forgot about it just like Tanabe and Miyamoto did. :secretkpop:
Yeah pretty much. The N64 was just kinda a cursed system.

It had some very iconic games, but you can probably count those titles on all your fingers and toes, and trying to think of too many releases after that gets difficult... and if you cut 3rd party titles out of the picture, you severely cut that number down further.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Has anyone here seen this yet?

Seeing these Rhythm Heaven videos only make me want to see that one Final Fantasy 5 x Rhythm Heaven video that I saw done years ago. Like I saw this Rhythm Heaven video that used Final Fantasy 5 characters and classes around the time when there were videos from Nico video were being taken and uploaded to Youtube. And I really want to see it again now knowing the context of Rhythm Heaven.
Just realized that Jedah isn't bald.
View attachment 285699
either i have the observational skills of a goldfish or reality is breaking at the seams. I'm more inclined to believe the first option.
Hey, at least it's not like the time when we found out that Brendan did not have white hair and was wearing a hat.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I wish the Goemon games would get attention. Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure are some of the most underrated games on the N64 and are up there with Nintendo and Rareware's games as some of the best games on the console period in my opinion.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You say this as if Nintendo isn't milkin the **** out of N64 nostalgia now lol
With Odyssey being based off Mario 64, Mario 64 being rereleased soon, and...uh...? I guess picking Banjo for Smash? Maybe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom