• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man

I ain't got the money for Three Houses but

Listening to this OST is a huge Holy **** moment for me. This ost is amazing.
Ahh, Three Houses. I remember when I was really into that game, lol.

It is quite a fun game! The OST is nice indeed.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Been playing a coop randomizer run of Metroid Prime with one of my brothers and maaaaan it's super fun.

Randomizers need to start being official modes in these kinds of games, they're dope as heck.

Shroob

Sup?
Still considering picking up Origami King

I.... still REALLY do not like the battle system aside from the bosses, those are great, but something tells me by midway through the game I'll be doing everything in my power to avoid as many enemies as I can, and groan when one bumps me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Still considering picking up Origami King

I.... still REALLY do not like the battle system aside from the bosses, those are great, but something tells me by midway through the game I'll be doing everything in my power to avoid as many enemies as I can, and groan when one bumps me.
There's an item in the game that makes you invisible that allows you to avoid battles, if that helps.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Been playing a coop randomizer run of Metroid Prime with one of my brothers and maaaaan it's super fun.

Randomizers need to start being official modes in these kinds of games, they're dope as heck.
Wait, Metroid Prime... co-op? How have I not heard of this? How does it work?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If you're a person who loves to 100% things and has no friends (Me), then it will be rough. If there is a stage that you loathe and you have to complete it FIVE times, then that is painful.
Im sure you got friends to join you
Man

I ain't got the money for Three Houses but

Listening to this OST is a huge Holy **** moment for me. This ost is amazing.
to this day I continue to hum to Fodlan Winds when **** gets real

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is someone streaming a game proof that the game is popular in that person's country now?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It is pretty interesting in retrospect that about 5 prominent insiders have been tweeting or posting random things dealing with Geno.

Such as Ryce, Jeff Grubs and a few others. Also considering Mario 99 was taken down because Nintendo was doing it, that Legacy XP takedown with Geno in it, is really making me think.

I honesty think Geno’s chances are stronger then ever and the stars really are aligning.

However I’ve said that before and been wrong but it really is now or never imo.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Here’s a question for y’all who love Japanese culture; which where the first three franchises (Singular entries included) got you invested? For me, it’s the following;
1: Katamari Damacy
2: Azumanga Daioh
3: Pikmin 2 (and specifically 2, I never played 1 until last year)
76D3BBA5-AB9D-4324-94BA-541610B74F22.jpeg

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It is pretty interesting in retrospect that about 5 prominent insiders have been tweeting or posting random things dealing with Geno.

Such as Ryce, Jeff Grubs and a few others. Also considering Mario 99 was taken down because Nintendo was doing it, that Legacy XP takedown with Geno in it, is really making me think.

I honesty think Geno’s chances are stronger then ever and the stars really are aligning.

Ryce was just speculating and messing around, from what I've skimmed of that thread they tend to joke about Geno at times, so he was just having fun and we completely missed the context there.

Shroob

Sup?

Ryce wasn't doing anything. If you look at the thread people were calm as **** and really paid it no mind behind "Lol really?" or "That'd be awesome", but it was mostly brushed aside as nothing by looking at it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hello everyone. I'm sure some of you don't even know me since I haven't posted here in months, but I just wanted to let everyone here know that I posted my final collection of essays, and I'll now be taking my leave of this site. I have it linked below in my signature if any of you would like to read it.

Thanks for these past two years. Sincerely.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

The Legacy XP situation seems weird to me there are many other Smash Fangames with Geno that are still up and if they really were adding Geno why would they target a comparatively unknown fangame instead of something like Project: Crusade.

TINFOIL HAT CONSPIRACY TIME! DO NOT TAKE VERY SERIOUSLY!
I think the devs purposefully took down the game to drum up false Hype around Geno

EDIT: I CANNOT STRESS HOW MUCH THE CONSPIRACY PART IS A JOKE

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Legacy XP situation seems weird to me there are many other Smash Fangames with Geno that are still up and if they really were adding Geno why would they target a comparatively unknown fangame instead of something like Project: Crusade.

TINFOIL HAT CONSPIRACY TIME! DO NOT TAKE VERY SERIOUSLY!
I think the devs purposefully took down the game to drum up false Hype around Geno
I still think it's mainly because Legacy XP used Project M as a base, and that was already in legal trouble with Nintendo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Smash fans, "Banjo isn't popular in Japan!"

Let's fix that by slapping Vtubers into the mix
Bruuuuuuuuuuuh, I was just watching this.
Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!
Hello everyone. I'm sure some of you don't even know me since I haven't posted here in months, but I just wanted to let everyone here know that I posted my final collection of essays, and I'll now be taking my leave of this site. I have it linked below in my signature if any of you would like to read it.

Well, would have love to see you more around here, but I get it.

Hope whoever you go, it be truly fun.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Here’s a question for y’all who love Japanese culture; which where the first three franchises (Singular entries included) got you invested? For me, it’s the following;
On my phone so not a long post.

1. Fire Emblem - learned how import and read Japanese.

2. Gamecenter CX - Really the only live action show I've gotten into from Japan. Real people with real reactions and slang.

3. Urusei Yatsura - Probably the first distinctly Japanese franchise that I got really into. It's still humorous even 40 years after it's release.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I'm going to be sad to see you go, but I understand why you are. Speculation has been too reliant on leakers as of late, and it's not fun when it feels like you have to wait for the next talking point when previously it was more about bouncing off ideas of who could get in and/or who could be interesting. I will miss your essays though as you always put good thought into what you wrote and why certain characters were likely/unlikely in your eyes. I may not have always agreed, but at least you were thorough in the points you gave and I could understand where you were coming from with them.

Take care, and good luck!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Wishing you the best of luck :)

D

Deleted member

I read the entire essay, and that was beautiful!

I wish you the best of luck!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Went out for a morning walk and have been thinking things about family and my life and all. Gonna force myself to read a novel or something.

I'll do the most important since my mind is foggy.

1. Takeshi's Castle/MXC - That show got me into the bizarreness of Japan but I fell deeply in love with it, I was like 4 years old.

2. Katamari Damacy - The game with it;s collection feature got me a good look at Japanese culture. So the basic words like onsen, tatami and such I learned from it. Was about 9 or 10 years old.

3. The World Ends With You - Having first played it roughly at 13 years old, the game eventually introduced me to almost everything I'm into now Japan wise.

I'm now 23 and still haven't been to Japan, nor almost anywhere really I've wanted to except Italy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom