• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Shroob

Sup?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like the sentiment that anyone can draw and then I remember my hands shake beyond my control

Feels bad to be hear something beautifully and poetically optimistic and then reality drives in full throttle to punch you in the face
I think with dedication it can get better. I dunno how much effort it takes but I don't have that dedication XD I suck at drawing and it impresses me those who can, it's hard for me to grasp how someone can get good like that.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You have motivated me to draw. I don't have great art utensils for drawing, and I am atrocious at coloring, but maybe in the future I will draw and post it here. I have done it in the past.
You don't have to have expensive or professional art utensils to get into it. Basically what I am saying is:

Secondly, stop referring to anything you do as "atrocious" or just downgrading yourself. That won't help you in the slightest. Yeah, we all feel that our art is **** and could be better when we compare ourselves to others, but please, don't do that and just keep on going. You will notice improvement as time goes on IF that's what you are really striving for.

I like the sentiment that anyone can draw and then I remember my hands shake beyond my control

Feels bad to be hear something beautifully and poetically optimistic and then reality drives in full throttle to punch you in the face
I have to use an stabilizer in my art program so my drawing don't look like a map when it comes to shaky lines. I suffer from carpal tunnel and I feel the stinging pain at times, I almost feared I wasn't going to be able to draw anymore because of it. And of course, I am blind as heck and my eyes are tired, but it is something that I love so, I keep on going. And even so, my case doesn't compare to others that don't even have hands, and they go as far as to draw with their feet or even their mouth and it was their perseverance that got them where they are, and they are better than a lot of other people.

So, I see no excuse. Our own mind can trick us to think that we can't do it, but if we say we can, we can find a way. Fear, intimidation and even jealousy is the biggest problem in this case.

D

Deleted member

You don't have to have expensive or professional art utensils to get into it.
Personally I'm just using my school computer and a drawing program(autodesk sketchbook) in order to draw so yeah I can get behind this. Sure they're good to have, but not necessary. As long as you have a pen and paper... well that's all you really need. Doesn't have to look good if it's just for practice :p

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I wonder if we're going to get more collections like this. A Zelda collection ( Ocarina + Wind Waker + Twilight Princess) and a Tellius collection seem reasonable, and maybe a Kirby collection (RtDL + Triple Deluxe + Robobot) if they find a way to get 3DS working on Switch.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wonder if we're going to get more collections like this. A Zelda collection ( Ocarina + Wind Waker + Twilight Princess) and a Tellius collection seem reasonable, and maybe a Kirby collection (RtDL + Triple Deluxe + Robobot) if they find a way to get 3DS working on Switch.
Probably not. Mario gets special treatment because its Mario, and its his anniversary.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played a bit of Ori and the Will of the Wisps (roughly an hour). I'm only 4% of the way done with the game, but I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It definitely seems more action-focused than its predecessor (there's already been a boss fight, and the first game technically didn't have any of those), and while I haven't gotten far in Hollow Knight (HK feels like a Metroidvania game that discourages exploration due to its design, which seems like it defeats the entire purpose of being a Metroidvania), there's a lot in here that reminds me of that game (Ori's shards, which are similar to the charms in Hollow Knight, and the addition of an NPC that sells you maps who can be found in various places throughout the world)

Thankfully, Ori is nowhere near as punishing as Hollow Knight when it comes to combat (I can already take more hits in Ori than I can in Hollow Knight) or death (dying in Hollow Knight costs you all of your money and summons an enemy in the spot where you died, so you have to kill that enemy to get your money back; dying in Ori sets you back a few seconds).

The art style is outstanding, just as it was in the first game, and the story seems like it's going to be a mix of heartwarming and heart-breaking, or possibly both at the same time. The narration alone has me concerned. My only issue was trying to sync the game up to my Xbox account - the benefits are minimal (it just causes my achievements to show up on my Xbox account), but I wanted to give it a shot. However, I couldn't type my e-mail into the text box, and when I tried to go back to the main menu, the game crashed. It's a minor issue (Steam still has achievements, so the only thing that I miss out on is the gamerscore), but it seems like a weird oversight.

Still, all in all, the game's off to a good start, and I'm already hooked.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hope nobody notices this comment

if that happens then F-Zero will get 20 new games and Mother 3 will come to the US and in HD

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Super Mario Galaxy was released in China on Nvidia Shield a while back and it only had a regular controller.

One button was the spin attack and the right stick was the cursor.
Actually, they're digital buttons. They simply have a spring there to make it feel like analog.

It's weird, but but build-wise IMO they're better than actual GCN controllers so I like 'em and would use 'em for Sunshine. :drshrug:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The newly high quality textures featured in Mario 64 both impress and horrify me. What do I do now?

Also I am about to make more OCs even though I've already made like 20 these past five days alone please help me

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've been on a Robert Downey Jr. film binge lately, and for movies I've now seen Zodiac, Sherlock Holmes, and Chaplin just tonight. He's such a fantastic actor. The more I watch his works, the more I love this actor, and he was already one of my favorite actors but is now a favorite even moreso. He's more than just Iron Man, and it shows in his incredible acting ability.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
ah man

I forgot that not only we lost BLJs, but we lost the classic Bowser line.

I mean, I'll buy it but... yew took 'errr memes.
I saw this earlier; it makes me wonder if there’s still hope. Of course, if the sounds aren’t just edited in, maybe they just used different sound clips for some reason...:

also I noticed in GameXplain’s recent video that the SM64 textures do seem to have been upscaled; they look smoother, especially the HUD, the Boo painting, the magic carpet, and some wood textures. Maybe y’all already knew that though, I just couldn’t tell from the trailer on my phone earlier today...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I saw this earlier; it makes me wonder if there’s still hope. Of course, if the sounds aren’t just edited in, maybe they just used different sound clips for some reason...:

I really doubt it. If anything, they'd probably use the most 'recent' version of SM64 available, since it's the least buggy, which would be the one Japan got which fixed BLJs and removed gay Bowser.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Today's my birthday. I had a pretty good day. First I had a facetime date because ****ing pandemic then I got steak oscer and cheesecake takeout and ate it with my mom at her house because ****ing pandemic. I also got the FFVII remake I ordered months ago but couldn't get because, you guessed it: ****ing pandemic and Sekero Shadows die twice. :b:
(I am happy, I just like saying ****ing pandemic)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom