• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
y'all talking about how sunshine would work

how the **** will galaxy function if i cant get star bits with my pro controller
Super Mario Galaxy was released in China on Nvidia Shield a while back and it only had a regular controller.

One button was the spin attack and the right stick was the cursor.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
HD Remasters have typically been that just that. With the advent of people describing things like the Crash and Spyro trilogies as remasters as opposed to remakes the definitions have become blurred. Some people might call them HD ports but remaster itself has become such a vague term I don't think there's any consensus on what it means now.
Whenever I think of a remaster, I tend to think of games like Wind Waker HD or Xenoblade Chronicles DE. Both are noticeably different from the original in terms of graphics, but are still built off the original. Remakes are games like Resident Evil 2 where it's a complete rebuild of the original game. I don't think it's too hard to differentiate between the two terms.

"Remastered" is a very vague term now, I definitely agree. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a remaster is any different from the original, kind like Twilight Princess HD. These "Remastered" Mario games are kind of in the same boat where I can't really tell the difference between it and the original.

I personally love how the originals look, so I'm not at all disappointed that they kept the original graphics. I just feel like calling it a remaster is kind of a stretch.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Does anybody know anything about the new switch, or if the regular switch will go down in price sometime?
I'd like to possibly get my own but would rather get it on sale XD

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, just watched the direct. Was interesting. Definitely gonna try out Mario All-Stars. Probably pick up the Mario remasters and 3D World too, though I am baffled that they excluded Galaxy 2.

And it got me thinking. Remember the Byleth reveal? Remember how it was one of like... four directs we had gotten that month, all smaller and all dedicated to different specific subjects? What if that's what's gonna happen this month.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just finished watching Power rangers mystic force

The claim that this is one of the worst Ranger series seems a little overblown to me. I actually really enjoyed this one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The real Mario 3D World was the Wii-Us we didn't buy along the way.

Galaxy 2 got shafted hard, but some actually cool stuff was announced.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, here's some details for one of my upcoming projects I'm working on! Been working on this lad for quite some time now.
@Dr. Metal X AndreaAC AndreaAC @JDCabrera Wademan94 Wademan94
Looks nice! 😃👍

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I will admit, this is probably the worst direction they could've gone with 3D All Stars, but as long as I get Sunshine I really couldn't care less.

Also, I really like the take that Mario says "Buh bi" now when he launches Bowser.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm glad I got a physical copy of Sunshine, cause this stuff being a limited release is gonna be a scalper's dream situation.

D

Deleted member

I am still confused. Everyone is saying Nintendo is doing it for money, but how would a limited release give them more money?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I am still confused. Everyone is saying Nintendo is doing it for money, but how would a limited release give them more money?
Who says that? less copies means less money :p

I would say people in the future would want the collection. IT's just a weird move XD
I'm definitely going to get it. the more i think about it, i want it, sunshine makes it worth it for me. Even if I can already play it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

AndreaAC

Anyone want a throwback? I made this in 2015 in Adobe Illustrator as part of a group shot with :ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: in my old SB profile. Figured it'd be fitting to show this guy here again today.

View attachment 284444
:D That looks really good, Wade!

Wow, that is amazing! I wish I was as good at art.
Sigh, instead of just "wishing", people that truly want to get good at art should at least get to it instead of just watching others.

Artists aren't born, they are made.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sigh, instead of just "wishing", people that truly want to get good at art should at least get to it instead of just watching others.

I have made art over the past years, but it isn't amazing. I do try.

I am sorry if I angered you with that post.
I should try to create a new Mario, I’m already using the program to create the Paper Mario stuff.
Awesome!!! I look forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
:> I look forward to see your new take on that one! You Paper Mario stuff and also the Sonic stuff is great.
Oh yeah! I’ll have to digitally recreate my Sonic design too. I also did this Sonic as part of the group shot.

SonicFanart1.png

I don't know why I went with this pose, but apparently I managed to predict dabbing. Sorry about that.

AndreaAC

I have made art over the past years, but it isn't amazing. I do try.

I am sorry if I angered you with that post.
Not a single artist starts doing "Amazing" art on the get go. It takes years, MANY years. The more afraid you are to learn, the even longer it takes, I know that from experience.

You didn't anger me, Shiny, it's just that it's not the first time I have seen people make that statement or say "I wish I could draw as good as you!" and while it is flattering, it makes me wonder if people believe that I learned to draw to my current level in a day. And even I know I still have a lot to learn. Getting better at art, of any sort, NEVER ends. There's always going to be someone that is better than us, some are younger, some are older. Every journey is different in many ways.

D

Deleted member

Not a single artist starts doing "Amazing" art on the get go. It takes years, MANY years. The more afraid you are to learn, the even longer it takes, I know that from experience.

You didn't anger me, Shiny, it's just that it's not the first time I have seen people make that statement or say "I wish I could draw as good as you!" and while it is flattering, it makes me wonder if people believe that I learned to draw to my current level in a day. And even I know I still have a lot to learn. Getting better at art, of any sort, NEVER ends. There's always going to be someone that is better than us, some are younger, some are older. Every journey is different in many ways.
You have motivated me to draw. I don't have great art utensils for drawing, and I am atrocious at coloring, but maybe in the future I will draw and post it here. I have done it in the past.

D

Deleted member

Heh. That’s basically me. Started off with small doodles not even a few weeks ago and now am starting to finally get the hang of drawing characters and backgrounds. Now it’s really just practice. A few months ago I wouldn’t have even thought I could do this!

Just goes to show... the future is waiting for you... but you have to actually stride towards it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

I like the sentiment that anyone can draw and then I remember my hands shake beyond my control

Feels bad to be hear something beautifully and poetically optimistic and then reality drives in full throttle to punch you in the face

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom