• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Sucks that Bowser is no longer gay and you can't BLJ, but I didn't really use that tecnique myself and it's not what made the game good IMO so I can deal with it.

Honestly, just having the ability to play Sunshine again is what I'm most excited for. I've missed that game so much. Sure, it could've used improvements from a Remake, but I'm still gonna love it regardless.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, just having the ability to play Sunshine again is what I'm most excited for. I've missed that game so much. Sure, it could've used improvements from a Remake, but I'm still gonna love it regardless.
Remake? These feel more like remasters.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, honestly, I don't know hoe people would've responded to an actual HD Remake of 64. That game exudes charm because of it's antiquity, I feel. But then again, it does seem like a missed opportunity. We could've seen the game like how the OG developers saw it, and from the looks of it, no Luigi being added like originally intended or Wario and Yoshi like in DS is a bummer. I can see why this is perhaps the most disappointing one of the three.

Sunshine still looks good IMO even to this day and while an HD Remake and some gameplay touches could've been cool, I understand why they wouldn't. Though I'm curious what changes have been made for the controller imputs.

Galaxy speaks for itself. Already looked good. HD Is nice and an upscaling was really all it needed.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Managed to pre-order my copy of 3D All Stars through Amazon.

It's been ages since I've last played any of these games so I'm really looking forward to revisiting them in a couple of weeks. Hell, I might even try to go for 100% this time around.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Can they even be considered remasters if they essentially look the same besides some differences in resolution?
There's a lot of contention over what is a port, remaster or remake. To me, a port is just the game on another console with maybe higher resolution, aspect ratio or framerate, a remaster has new textures or lighting but is built on the original game, and a remake is built from the ground up to match the original game with modern standards. Going by that criteria, Super Mario 3D All-Stars is a collection of ports, not remasters.

On a different topic, I downloaded Team Fortress 2 yesterday and have been having quite a bit of fun with it. After playing each class for about 2 minutes I'm gravitating towards Scout, Soldier and Demoman. I also adore rocket and sticky jumping too much.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, here's some details for one of my upcoming projects I'm working on! Been working on this lad for quite some time now.
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X AndreaAC AndreaAC @JDCabrera Wademan94 Wademan94

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have a feeling the earliest we'll get news on the next Smash fighter could be late September, once the Super Mario 3D All-Stars hype dies down a little bit.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, here's some details for one of my upcoming projects I'm working on! Been working on this lad for quite some time now.
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X AndreaAC AndreaAC @JDCabrera Wademan94 Wademan94
can't give more thoughts on it since it's soooo late here, but it look really cool. Really like the info on this character.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I know they’re counted as separate series in Smash, but it’s kinda janked to just leave Yoshi Wario and DK outta that upcoming Mario Tournament.
Yoshi and Wario have joined the loser club. 😔

can't give more thoughts on it since it's soooo late here, but it look really cool. Really like the info on this character.
Thanks so much!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Guys help me with input on this choice. I'm pretty divided.

Option A.
81tkL0RYLQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Option B:
81goOzaNsyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

One of these. Both are redoings of very important games to me.

I'm thinking of getting one and might not get another game until my "locked duo" next month.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can they even be considered remasters if they essentially look the same besides some differences in resolution?
HD Remasters have typically been that just that. With the advent of people describing things like the Crash and Spyro trilogies as remasters as opposed to remakes the definitions have become blurred. Some people might call them HD ports but remaster itself has become such a vague term I don't think there's any consensus on what it means now.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Option A.
View attachment 284426

Option B:
View attachment 284427

I'm thinking of getting one and might not get another game until my "locked duo" next month.
One is three full length games, the other is two. Mario should last you longer. But that’s just how I’d rationalize it, game length may not be as important to you.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Option A.
View attachment 284426

Option B:
View attachment 284427

I don't have much experience with the Tony Hawk franchise so I'd cast my vote for Marty-O 3D, but I say just go with whatever game means more to you. Just keep in mind that 3D All Stars is a limited release.

D

Deleted member

Remember when everyone thought I typed too formally?

Well all of you type formally, just like me.
I'm curious how the hell Sunshine will play.

I'm a bit of a Sunshine nut and the Switch doesn't have analogue shoulder buttons like the GCN did.
Sorry if I sound dumb, but I am sure they can make it work with the advanced pro controller for the Nintendo Switch.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm curious how the hell Sunshine will play.

I'm a bit of a Sunshine nut and the Switch doesn't have analogue shoulder buttons like the GCN did.
Well... there is a Gamecube adapter, maybe they'll force you to buy one for Sunshine? :troll:

In seriousness, perhaps say... ZR is a heavy water spray while R is a lighter one?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Option A.
View attachment 284426

Option B:
View attachment 284427

Wait and see. Both games have some lingering questions over them.

I've never played a skateboarding game, and while the things I've heard about Option B are encouraging, there's still room for things to go wrong, as has happened with some of Activision's similar titles in the past year or two (Pro Skater 5 being a complete mess, Crash Team Racing adding gruesome microtransactions after launch, etc.). It's a possible coin toss on whether or not this game will have serious problems or not.

And then with Option A, all we've seen are some clips, and we have no idea about what major changes have been made or how they hold up to the originals. We'll have more answers soon, I imagine. Otherwise, after release, there will probably be breakdowns of all the changes, good or bad, that each game has. Nintendo remasters/rereleases have a track record of being a mixed bag where a lot of stuff is obviously improved, but some things are changed for the worse.

In other words, wait until they're released, and then find out what the story is about whether or not there's any problems that might make getting them not worth it right now.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The bug fixes were already in previous releases. Besides, ports can still fix bugs, at least in my opinion.
Is this not the first time we got a Sunshine/Galaxy redistribution? As far as I know, they're the first time they were rereleased.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is this not the first time we got a Sunshine/Galaxy redistribution? As far as I know, they're the first time they were rereleased.
I think they were referring to the second JP release of Mario 64, usually referred to as the Shindou Edition. Unless I'm getting punked by people on the internet, it removed Backwards Long Jump glitches and changed Mario's voice line when he throws Bowser to "Bye bye!" which is shown in the trailer.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
US version of SM64 changed some things and then Japan got an updated version with those changes and some other things.

D

Deleted member

Z25 Z25 What is your avatar?

Edit: My guess is that it is from Infinity Train.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
y'all talking about how sunshine would work

how the **** will galaxy function if i cant get star bits with my pro controller

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The reason I am thinking about it now is worry about scalpers for 3D All Stars with the limited production.
If all goes well, then I could get before Christmas or something but after seeing with Amiibo, NES Mini, my very personal experience with the SNES Mini and stuff, I don't trust Nintendo on it.

1599168836710.png

Cause the last thing I don't want to be doing again is having to be at a store opening and see a few guys running right up to the store front and shouting at the staff like as if they were trying to find the Holy Grail at an American Black Friday Sale.

I've got a specific hatred for scalpers.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if the shoulder buttons on the PowerA GameCube Pro controller will be analog when playing Super Mario Sunshine (that controller's shoulder buttons are spring triggered like an official GameCube controller).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom