• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Remember how the OoT 3D devs left harmless glitches alone because they knew fans enjoyed them?

Wish Metroid Prime devs and Mario devs felt the same way. :drsad:
Retro Studios were actually cool with the glitches, it was Kensuke Tanabe who told them to take the glitches out. Typically, Japanese culture is such that when they make something, they make it in a specific way and you just have to take it or leave it. Like if you go to a restaurant in Japan, it's uncouth to ask for a custom order or for things to be added/taken out of a dish--you either take it as is or you don't.

Which is why so many developers are so averse to glitches, mods, and other customizations. Those things contradict the intended experience. They don't want that experience altered. Speedrunning Metroid Prime was seen as being the "wrong" experience by Tanabe, so he told Retro Studios to take those exploits out in the rereleases. This is not abnormal within Nintendo, as many rereleases of other games fix similar speedrunning exploits, like a handful of glitches in Twilight Princess that allow you to skip many sections of the game were patched in the Wii U remaster (the most famous exploit was one where you could get the Master Sword within an hour of starting the game). The same is now happening with Mario, as beating the game with less than the intended amount of stars is seen as wrong.

For Grezzo with OoT 3D, it seems to be a unique case, where the devs grew up playing the game and experiencing its glitches, so for them, it was part of the experience, and the conflict between fixing bugs and retaining their personal experience led them to leave them in as part of the experience. But that's a rare exception to the rule, as it could've just as easily been like the Wii U rereleases that fixed many bugs and sequence breaks.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Me: "Wait, the 3D Mario collection is real? They really bundled three of their most critically acclaimed games together rather then remastered them individually and sold them each for full price on their own? That doesn't seem like the Nintendo I know-"

Limited time release

Me: "Oh yeah, that makes more sense."

D

Deleted member

I finally got my copy of E•Hero Sunrise and Superpoly. Once I get my playset of Stratos all I need is literally just 3x Fairis and 2x Increase and then my Hero deck, at least for now, is done. But I also want to build other decks toooo.... hmmm :drsad:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DAYUM! I was on fire today. My creative writing juices were running as I manage to think of seven new Lost Tapes premises!

Atmospheric Beast
Crawfordsville Monster
Crazy Critter of Bald Mountain
Gargoyle
Rougarou
Shapeshifter
Yucca Man

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Retro Studios were actually cool with the glitches, it was Kensuke Tanabe who told them to take the glitches out. Typically, Japanese culture is such that when they make something, they make it in a specific way and you just have to take it or leave it. Like if you go to a restaurant in Japan, it's uncouth to ask for a custom order or for things to be added/taken out of a dish--you either take it as is or you don't.
Well I'd be ****ed if I ever visit one there, I'm too much of a picky eater so hope I get that out. Hate that about myself.

Picky eaters guys?

KillerCage

Smash Master
What the heck?? That's super stupid :O Why would nintendo do that ??

Well, I guess I'll ask it for x-mas then. But I was thinking on waiting on it. Maybe they're desperate for money. I still find it super weird that they'd do that for a mario collection.
I think the song "Smell of the Game" explains my thoughts the best.

Holy crap! Y'all catch that direct? Nintendo is REALLY playing up the importance of Mario. Do you think he may get added to Smash??
To quote Guardians of the Galaxy:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finished the demo/first chapter of Deltarune.

Man, the end always get to me, and when I say the end, I mean the entire section in Hometown. Seeing familiar face being....not quite the same, yet still kinda like I remembered. Hearing about how Kris back when Asriel was still here, and how he cleary he miss those time through dialogues, the music, lord, THE MUSIC, it kill me inside, but in a good way! This remix in fact kill twice more, but still in a good way!
It's only 1 chapter, but I already want to know so much more about this world, aswell as the mysteries in it, including the weird door at the bottom of the map where no music play....beside a weird sound.

While I know I shouldn't expect much since Toby said there won't a big announcement for the fifth anniversary of Undertale. I still hope a little biiiiit we get somethin related to Deltarune, just, anything would make me happy, but even if it doesn't, I still look forward to what Toby is going to come up with!

Brief, really glad I replayed this game on my own since the day the demo was released.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh look mario rereleases, time to not bu-

WHY THE **** IS IT ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL MARCH

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finished the demo/first chapter of Deltarune.

Man, the end always get to me, and when I say the end, I mean the entire section in Hometown. Seeing familiar face being....not quite the same, yet still kinda like I remembered. Hearing about how Kris back when Asriel was still here, and how he cleary he miss those time through dialogues, the music, lord, THE MUSIC, it kill me inside, but in a good way! This remix in fact kill twice more, but still in a good way!
It's only 1 chapter, but I already want to know so much more about this world, aswell as the mysteries in it, including the weird door at the bottom of the map where no music play....beside a weird sound.

While I know I shouldn't expect much since Toby said there won't a big announcement for the fifth anniversary of Undertale. I still hope a little biiiiit we get somethin related to Deltarune, just, anything would make me happy, but even if it doesn't, I still look forward to what Toby is going to come up with!

Brief, really glad I replayed this game on my own since the day the demo was released.
Hello, Susie :p

D

Deleted member

Okay, I am legit astounded.

Why is Nintendo removing the 3D All Stars pack in March? What advantage would that give them?

Are they begging to be pirated?

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the world shall forever be forced to be grateful for Mario Jumpman Mario. Without him...gaming would have never mattered thanks to that unholy E.T. game

Dutch Raikuna

Okay, I am legit astounded.

Why is Nintendo removing the 3D All Stars pack from March? What advantage would that give them?

Are they begging to be pirated?
After taking down all the big music channels, Rom sites, fangames, Pokemon leaks etc and now this, I think they are just luring them out and finish them off. Old-fashioned can bite them in the ass but they doesn't matter to them.

Still as I've summed it up to people I know. Nintendo are at the best with their systems and core games but at their worst at everything else.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Mario 35th Direct was really enjoyable. Already preordered the physical 3D All-Stars and will soon do the same for the Game & Watch device too.

Now I'm praying a certain other Mario title isn't in the far future for the Switch :ultdoc: please???

D

Deleted member

Honestly I wouldn’t even be suprised if Nintendo is selling the 3 mario games as a bundle until March and then bam! You now have to pay full price for each! Sounds like something they would do. Or EA but that’s besides the point.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I really don't get about the Game & Watch handheld is why doesn't it have the ACTUAL Super Mario Bros. game for Game & Watch? :ultgnw:

1599162566799.png

I actually have a reprint of one of these and it's really fun.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Omg thank god I don't have to change my pfp to a clown.

Anyways, hell yeah, Mario remasters!!! The March thing is kinda stupid tho hopefully I get this as a birthday present in November

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Cool art for your avatar, do you have the source?
Sadly, no, I found this pic a loooong time ago, when the demo was first release I think. So I can't remember where I found it.

Sorry. :/

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Which is why so many developers are so averse to glitches, mods, and other customizations. Those things contradict the intended experience. They don't want that experience altered. Speedrunning Metroid Prime was seen as being the "wrong" experience by Tanabe, so he told Retro Studios to take those exploits out in the rereleases. This is not abnormal within Nintendo, as many rereleases of other games fix similar speedrunning exploits, like a handful of glitches in Twilight Princess that allow you to skip many sections of the game were patched in the Wii U remaster (the most famous exploit was one where you could get the Master Sword within an hour of starting the game). The same is now happening with Mario, as beating the game with less than the intended amount of stars is seen as wrong.

For Grezzo with OoT 3D, it seems to be a unique case, where the devs grew up playing the game and experiencing its glitches, so for them, it was part of the experience, and the conflict between fixing bugs and retaining their personal experience led them to leave them in as part of the experience. But that's a rare exception to the rule, as it could've just as easily been like the Wii U rereleases that fixed many bugs and sequence breaks.
I've read similar things about how things are over there and it's actually really interesting stuff. When you have this knowledge in mind, it really goes a long way into understanding why Nintendo does a lot of what they do.

Dutch Raikuna

Like isn't he already, least almost?

Like outside of the classic logo, the only thing that I've seen from big Mickey Mouse the past five years is Kingdom Hearts. Disney is more Marvel and Star Wars to me for better or worse.

Mario Games still sell by the ****load. Mickey Mouse just has the branding remaining and that's really it to me.

D

Deleted member

I’m in that mood where I want to try and do some very ambitious stuff(say taking another shot at that whole “Pokemon Mystery Dungeon x Vanguard thing I tried at the beginning of the year) but also not confident in trying because I know it’s gonna go wrong somehow.

:drsad:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i don't know, some of that artificial scarcity feels like it won't fully go into fruition, but using the method that killed chibi-robo with mario is ****ing stupid

wonder if they anticipate the game to artificially rise in value after the release period is over and this is all just a big brain play by the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom