• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
“Uh oh, Pikachu caused seizures! What do we do, Boss?!”

TPC: “Blame it on Porygon and pretend that necessitates it never appearing again in the future.”
I'm still burnt about how the anime burned ALL branches with this thing. Seriously, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z received nothing more than still-image cameos the anime, and P-Z is by far my absolute favorite normal-type. It's a shame that such legitimately unique and cool pokemon got snuffed like that.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @JDCabrera

You know, I have been following some game news regarding Ubi, and today I finally saw Yong Yea posting about all of it and even some points I hadn't seen before:

And after watching it, it made me wonder and maybe realize a LOT of things.

This Hascoet guy was probably (but it seems surely) the one that cancelled the Prince of Persia game that you showed footage of, and even the Rayman 4 prototypes, both the one that seemed to combine in a way Rayman 1, 2 and 3 when it came to the environments and the one with the Rabbids where it had Rayman directly fighting against them in an Apocalyptic level invasion rather than having him play minigames. The pushing of the Rabbids could also be his doing as well, the fact that the story that Rayman Origins was going to have was canned, and even Legends has not even a fraction of anything resembling a story either.

The fact that Ubisoft doesn't seem to pay as much attention to other AC Titles to the level they do to the Ezio Trilogy or anything regarding him. That only the small, portable titles have solo female leads, while the recent main ones (Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey) have a female alongside a male. The same-y feeling of the games, And there's probably more that I am forgetting.

And something that also matters to me, the fact that Rogue is so short and all of Shay's backstory is left in text, and there being a lot of hidden audios where implies that his crew and mainly him had nightmares about the Lisbon incident (Maybe also showing the tsunami that came after the earthquake and the fire storm?), him sounding like almost wanting to cry blaming himself and asking for forgiveness, and the ones where he literally sounds drunk, probably tied to the fact that he apparently went under depression after losing his father, before his friend Liam got him into the Brotherhood). I would have LOVED to see all that (as much as it would break my heart). But oh, he seems to have, as I just saw "a disdain for linear gameplay and cutscenes", so that is why the side quests and other stuff take priority. IF I hadn't gotten Rogue's deluxe edition with all the time savers, because I wanted to focus more on the short story more than guessing where to find collectibles, it would have taken me forever to even get things done. And well, how Shay is treated overall, at first it was he didn't even exist, not many being aware of his existence after being released a day prior to Unity and whatnot. You know, this makes me appreciate him a lot more than I already did.
I’m not surprised that some of the creativity at Ubi was squashed by a single person. I’ve had a theory that Miyamoto is that person at Nintendo just judging by some of his interviews and all that. And if you look at Ubi and Nintendo they kind of Mirror each other. They both focus on a very specific set of already successful properties, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon, and Watch Dogs for Ubi and Mario, Zelda, and Animal Crossing for Nintendo. I know it’s not the same because Nintendo does try to branch out and so does Ubi. But it is very apparent that there are specific tiers that are in the forefront. It is a shame that so many of these creative projects got **** down because of one person, if I’m reading this right, but it is what it is. All we can hope is that they have a future.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I’m not surprised that some of the creativity at Ubi was squashed by a single person. I’ve had a theory that Miyamoto is that person at Nintendo just judging by some of his interviews and all that. And if you look at Ubi and Nintendo they kind of Mirror each other. They both focus on a very specific set of already successful properties, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon, and Watch Dogs for Ubi and Mario, Zelda, and Animal Crossing for Nintendo. I know it’s not the same because Nintendo does try to branch out and so does Ubi. But it is very apparent that there are specific tiers that are in the forefront. It is a shame that so many of these creative projects got **** down because of one person, if I’m reading this right, but it is what it is. All we can hope is that they have a future.
Hopefully it means Ubi can go back and use that damn UbiArt Engine again for it's games. Having played both Child of Light and Rayman Origins, it's so sad that the engine got swept under the rug. It did so much, so well.

Hoping they diversify now.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Koei Tecmo has announced a free version of DOA6, along with some stuff for Season Pass 4.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh god. Please keep me updated Mega.
I didn't quite catch everything, but it was Dead or Alive news. (I think it might have been another season of DLC, or a free version of the game? I don't follow Dead or Alive)

SNK's announced a third season of DLC for Samurai Shodown.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They're really trying to avoid mentioning the King of Fighters XV. Apparently, we'll get news very soon. (assuming that's what they're talking about) Harada asked if Tekken can have Geese permanently haha.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not a fan of how DoA6 is handling itself since release so sadly I don’t really care about it. I loved DoA 2,3,4, and 5 so it’s a shame I don’t like 6.

I REALLY wish we would’ve heard stuff on KoFXV though that makes me sad sad.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Some SFV stuff being talked about. There's also a free trial with that game too.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Also guys be telling about guest characters especially.

I've a interest in hearing the weird and wonderful crossovers. I'm just working on my story.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Capcom's having its Street Fighter announcement next week; I think that was already revealed before this presentation. Hoping that they have more to announce here (I'm wanting to see a Marvel vs. Capcom collection), but I doubt it.

Arika/Fighting EX Layer is up next. Haven't played that one, though Skullomania is great.

After that, the only ones that seem to be left are Arc System Works (a Guilty Gear character?) and Namco-Bandai (a Tekken character?), barring any surprise announcements. Hoping we get a Dragon Ball FighterZ character in there.

EDIT: it's Namco-Bandai, and then Arc System Works is last. Not many announcements so far; the Arc System Works announcement is described as "big", though so far, it's just been company representatives announcing that they're working on stuff without going into much detail. It seems like Bandai-Namco is covering both Soul Calibur and Tekken, at least.

EDIT: Soul Calibur's getting a proper trailer. Setsuka's back in the series with a stage based on a Japanese shrine, and she's being added on August 4th.

EDIT: Harada totally got me with the fake-out.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Season 4 of Tekken 7 has been announced!

...Please let their be some FighterZ news....

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There was some kind of teaser of the fourth DLC season of Tekken 7, but I'm not sure who was shown at the end. (it looked like a ninja standing on some kind of a tower in Japan)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Apparently the next Tekken character is Kunimitsu. She looks cool.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They announced an announcement for Dragon Ball FighterZ; there will be news at some point in August.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Two new character trailers for Guilty Gear Strive. Leo Whitefang (I think he's returning?) and Nagoriyuki (I think that was the name? The guy from the first trailer).

The next trailer is in October, and that appears to be the end of the presentation.

It's worth noting that they tried to get Nintendo involved, but the timing didn't work out.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, it's nice that they did this but.... I don't know. I think I would have preferred just dropping these announcements on twitter. There's just so little that I don't think it was worth hyping up and having anticipation for these announcements and stuff.

I'm not upset or anything because I really didn't expect anything but... man, this was kind of a let down.

And maybe this part is just me, but Guilty Gear was your big ending announcement that the commentator hyped up at the beginning? Really? Sighs..... makes sense that Japan would hype up an anime fighter. Sighs.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And maybe this part is just me, but Guilty Gear was your big ending announcement that the commentator hyped up at the beginning? Really? Sighs..... makes sense that Japan would hype up an anime fighter. Sighs.
the **** you mean guilty gear is an anime fighter

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guilty Gear is an anime fighter. I've heard it described as such by others ON THIS BOARD.
i don't think you understood.

you're thinking "fighting game based off anime"
they're saying "fighting game with anime artstyles"

or they're talking about fighterz

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It probably also helped (from that commentator's perspective) that one of the characters who was announced was (from the sounds of it) his main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom