• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is exactly what needs to happen:

It’s also ****ing pathetic people have to be told about the merch and people are against that ban.

The biggest thing that boggles my mind from these events, is how minors were left by family to do whatever they wanted with people their family likely didn’t even know.

Like I would never be alone at that age because my parents were protective, and I fully agree with that mindset because al these incidents provide it right.

I am baffled at just how little some parents cared.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I don't know how true this is but... ****.

After everything that happened it might have happened I guess?

This whole thing just sucks.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't know how true this is but... ****.

After everything that happened it might have happened I guess?

This whole thing just sucks.
This is really horrible. Did those guys get in trouble yet for what they did?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is exactly what needs to happen:

It’s also ****ing pathetic people have to be told about the merch and people are against that ban.

The biggest thing that boggles my mind from these events, is how minors were left by family to do whatever they wanted with people their family likely didn’t even know.

Like I would never be alone at that age because my parents were protective, and I fully agree with that mindset because al these incidents provide it right.

I am baffled at just how little some parents cared.
people walk into tournaments with an ahegao hoodie?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If Neo Zero wasn't already permabanned for being a grooming pedo and I was the first one to speak up and show screencaps, what if he claimed I used photoshop and inspect element, how would I be able to prove the contrary? By inviting people into those DMs so they could see it themselves? Nope, the site let you decide whether others can be invited if you started the PM, I'd be seen as a liar due to my tendency to cause arguments, trying to frame the trusted admin for a grave crime. In an ideal world, investigations would be done as soon as those claims happened by multiple parties but unfortunately, we don't live in a world where victims are taken seriously
Hi Gwen, I understand that this conversation was largely tangential to Smashboards. You're speaking generally about allegations such as these, in light of those that are taking place in the competitive Smash scene at the moment, and using this as an example to articulate your point. And I hope this isn't dragging things up unnecessarily, since I know it's been multiple hours since your post.

However, I also need to be very clear that if allegations were to be made against members of our staff, they will be taken very seriously and investigated. Staffers are not exempt from consequences, absolutely cannot behave that way, and have been dismissed for less in the past. Users can use the Report function on private messages, and those reports can't be altered even by administrators. It's not a feature of our forum software we have or even desire. I would urge anyone to please speak up if something seems wrong, and I can only hope we've fostered an environment where users feel safe to do that.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
people walk into tournaments with an ahegao hoodie?
People unironically wear ahego hoodies in public.

It shouldn't happen but it doesn't shock me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been thinking about this for a while, but I think I need to take a short break from this website. I love this thread but I need to separate myself from current events for a short bit.

See you guys in around 3-4 days.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, seriously, what is going on?
Several prominent members of the Smash community have been outed as pedophiles, statutory rapists or just rapists.

These people include Nairo, D1, Keitaro, Cinnie, Anti and more.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yes it’s a very common thing and pretty ****ed up too.
I can vouch, people wear these types of hoodies at local amusement parks.

Then again, they're a bit more... tame (I think I've only ever seen one person wear one like it) and strict with what they wear.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Several prominent members of the Smash community have been outed as pedophiles, statutory rapists or just rapists.

That is horrible! And they have been trying to hide it by abusing their popularity or something?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Ah. You summed it up perfectly.

I don't really care about all that honestly. Maybe it's because I don't really pay attention to stuff like it. Still, someone will be out for them for doing it.

I just find it hard to see the topic connecting with me.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That and money, yes.
See, this is why I don't care for popularity and prominence at all. It can be just easy to abuse it if you have it, because popularity can also mean power, and I think popularity is something we'd be better off without. Sure, some people may be idolized and thus become popular all too easily, but that keeps people from learning the truth about popular people who are bad (not the good ones, of course), and they probably would not listen to others about the bad things on these people until it is too late. But popularity can be abused, and I think it is more of something unnecessary, especially if abused.

I am just glad to be a rather ordinary person rather than popular.

D

Deleted member

Ahego hoodies? Wh-?

Could’a sworn I saw a dude wearing one once, actually.

No idea why you’d wanna wear that of all things, but ok.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also, money, like popularity, is power, and can be used as an excuse to get away with things by abusing it. I rather dislike the idea of power as well as, popularity and, to an extend, money. I personally would not abuse any of those things, and I would rather be honest if I had them. Those guys who did those things, and tried to hide it with their forms of power, should have their lives ruined and be made to pay for what they have done. I just can't trust popular people like these.

As for me, knowledge and logic are the only kinds of power I will ever need.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The crazy thing is that Cinnpie, Nairo, and D1 all worked with Nintendo. In fact, Nintendo hyped up Nairo as their competitive guy.

Bye Bye any better relations with the community.
To the point Nintendo privated the video with Nairo in it.
It’s as if Nintendo is watching.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
People who invest in aheago hoodies and wear em’ outside clearly haven’t a care in the world about their public image or the folks around them.

Shroob

Sup?
I like how around 8 months ago I got infracted for saying the A word in a discussion about EVO because it was deemed to be unsuitable for the site, now everybody saying it like it's going out of style rofl.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I like how around 8 months ago I got infracted for saying the A word in a discussion about EVO because it was deemed to be unsuitable for the site,
Ass?
Ahegao?
Adulterer?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I like how around 8 months ago I got infracted for saying the A word in a discussion about EVO because it was deemed to be unsuitable for the site, now everybody saying it like it's going out of style rofl.
Applebee’s is very profane, don’t bring that **** over here.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
People who invest in aheago hoodies and wear em’ outside clearly haven’t a care in the world about their public image or the folks around them.
Well dude there's a not a good not giving a **** and a bad not giving a ****.

One of my friends a few years ago wore a hoodie something like it (it wasn't as extreme but if you looked closely and was water related) and people didn't care.

Never before though that I saw a teacher change their expression from "it couldn't be that bad" to "are off your head today"

He wore the hoodie around town and in college.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's a thing known as rectonning or rebooting.

That or they could ignore it. There's plenty of franchises that ignores things or does the above. What would make this one an exception?
other than the show breaking one of their rules, and Nickelodeon seemingly renewing things that are guaranteed to gain attention and money...idk

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
other than the show breaking one of their rules, and Nickelodeon seemingly renewing things that are guaranteed to gain attention and money...idk
With the former, I don't get what you're getting at...Whatever the case though we'll see and wait what happens in the future.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 277067

Man I hate being out of the ****ing loop. Never had this **** at my locals, thank god.
When I first saw this picture, I thought the face on the right was coming out of the book. Which is par for the course with JoJo, honestly.

Hopefully some serious changes are made going forward to prevent this from happening (some organizations are banning alcohol consumption at under-18 events, which is a good first step, but why in the world would you not have rules against that in the first place?), and here's hoping that the people responsible for these actions face the consequences. I'll admit, I don't follow competitive Smash and I have no locals in my area, so I'm likely missing a lot of context for what's going on, but hopefully the competitive scene can weed out the bad elements and put safeguards in place to keep something like this from ever happening again, because even the bits and pieces that I've heard have been outright disgusting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom