• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Almost done with Dragon Quest 11S. It's been a great game so far and I've been having fun messing around in the world, but it's nearly time to bring it to an end. Hopefully the Extra boss will be just as fun as the Final Boss was to fight.

You would think that Poemon would push Meowth to the frontline much harder consudering that he's the only Pokemon with both an Alolan and Galarian form, as well the ability to Gigantamax, and that's on top of him being btoh Gen 1 and a major character in the Anime.

But he's just treated like a regular mon most of the time.
I'm kind of curious what would've happened if they went forward with that Meowth Party tech demo they did for the Gamecube. For the most part Meowth gets locked to the anime and related material with only some exceptions like being a Starter in the original PMD, but if he got his own game that could've been a way for him to break through and show that he was capable of being a standout Pokemon like Eevee.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's crazy about this whole Pokemon DLC, because for the very first time ever, I'm more excited for Pokemon than I am for Smash.

Never thought I'd ever be saying that in my life, but here I am.

Also, is it me, or does the Crown Tundra look better than the base game? Like, much better.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like a lot of games in the N64/PS1 era are overrated. Not to say their bad, in fact, many are still good, but a lot of them really didn't age the best.

Now Gamecube/PS2 era? Inject that into my veins.

Bonzi

Smash Cadet
I feel like a lot of games in the N64/PS1 era are overrated. Not to say their bad, in fact, many are still good, but a lot of them really didn't age the best.

YESSSSSSSSS. Though I grew up in the era of the PS3/360/Wii, I hold a lot of fondness for games of the GC/PS2/Xbox era

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
JRPGs rarely throw the best stuff at you right from the beginning.
Thats unfortunately why I've seen a lot of people get put off by them and seen people diss on them way too hard.

And honestly JRPGs with slow starts are far better. Gives more time for world building.

D

Deleted member

Just finished watching The LEGO Movie 2.

Really good ****.

Nobody will guess who was my favourite character.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

More or less how I feel. N64 is by and large my least favorite Nintendo system.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thats unfortunately why I've seen a lot of people get put off by them and seen people diss on them way too hard.

And honestly JRPGs with slow starts are far better. Gives more time for world building.
Ehhhhhh at the same time, I feel JRPGs especially need a sense of urgency, why are you on your adventure? FF7 starts out with the bombing mission, which is like "Holy **** I just bombed a power plant that was awesome". FF9 was significantly less bombastic but still gave me a good idea of what to expect, a sillier adventure due to the theatrics. It's one of the many reasons I give Xenoblade 2 ****, the urgency is "you died and get brought back to life, now go". ****'s not exciting, if you want me to buy your game that can take like 40 hours, make sure I'm invested in the story early on

D

Deleted member

Well my dear friends, It is time for me to sleep!

Before I go I just wanted to share this song from the movie which really got to me:

And with that, I wish all of you a good night!!! ❤

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
got started on FF7 and holy crap this game is overrated
To be fair, you just started. I suggest giving it more of a shot first.

Edit: Okay, nevermind, you’ve played ten hours. Not sure I’d call that “started” but eh.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
More Lost Tapes episode ideas.

Lost Tapes: Altamaha-ha
Summary: An Ichthyologist researching the local fish populations in the Atlamanha River has his studies interrupted when something beneath the surface of the water begins to slowly hunt and terrorize him.

Lost Tapes: Death Serpent (Tatzelwurm)
Summary: An family venturing through the Swiss Alps discovers an cave and when their youngest son goes in to explore, they go in to get him only to get lost finding themselves lost as they go down further eventually into an large area riddled with holes happening to be the home of serpentine creatures.

Lost Tapes: Demon
Summary: The Enigma Corporation are called in to investigate on what appeared to have been an exorcism being performed trying to expel an type of evil having gone wrong. Eventually locating the evil entity that was expelled from its host, with the help of its exorcist tries to finally finish what couldn't had been done before.

Lost Tapes: Devil Dinosaur (Lone Pine Mountain Devil)
Summary: Alcoholic friends in the mountainous California range drinking who shows no respect to nature notably littering and disrespect for the wildlife finds themselves at the mercy of some sort of predator when they begin to disrupt the ambiance and inner peace of the natural environment.

Lost Tapes: Hodag
Summary: Wisconsin workers of an logging industry slowly begins to suspect something is watching them from the forest. Their suspicion is proven right when they begin to hear strange growls of something big and predatory.

Lost Tapes: Gator Man
Summary: An hit and run pursuit after an escaped convict leads two officers into the swamplands of New Jersey. When they find him, he's severely wounded claiming he was attacked by something he can't describe, now all three must work together to leave as what was responsible soon begins to follow and hunt them.

Lost Tapes: Mega Lion (Nemean Lion)
Summary: An film crew in Greece arrives in an secluded area filming an movie about the story of Heracles notably his 12 labors but it seems the first task suddenly becomes an reality when the crew find themselves being hunted down by an creature straight out of the myth itself.

Lost Tapes: Monster Wolf (Amarok)
Summary: An biologist team in the Arctic studying the local polar bear population to see how they're faring against climate change suddenly takes an deadly turn when an carnivorous predator even more massive begins to hunt them down.

Lost Tapes: Ozark Howler
Summary: An sibling while going into the woods to show his secret hideout and spot to his younger brother begins to hear strange howls and something big stalking them.

Lost Tapes: Pope Lick Monster
Summary: Two internet celebrities wanting more fame and popularity goes to Pope Lick Creek in search of the elusive monster said to live under the railroad trestle bridge. An decision soon regretted when things take an deadly turn as the very creature they sought hunts them down.

Lost Tapes: Slide-Rock Bolter
Summary: Mountain bikers with the thrill for the outdoors rides through the steeping mountain range of Colorado for an challenge. Strange activity however begins to occur when something very massive and big coming from up from the mountains begins to pursue them.

Lost Tapes: Spring-heeled Jack
Summary: What appears to be grisly murders in Liverpool being caused by some kind of Jack the Ripper type murderer causing mass hysteria is investigated by the Enigma Corporation leading their search to an folkloric legend and events that similarity occurred in the Victorian era.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
A random thought just crossed my head. What if we got a "Nindies Smash" spirit event featuring stuff from indie games with a home on Switch? Obviously, stuff like Shovel Knight and Shantae from base game would show up, along with a resurgance of the Cuphead spirits, but adding even more representation for some indie titles, like Undertale, Untitled Goose Game, Cat Girl Without Salad, etc.? And, even if I don't particularly like the series... it'd even be fine to get some FNAF in there too.

Another random thought... ya'll remember "Jane" in the code? People thought it could've been Kasumi from P5R, but obviously that wouldn't work as an echo, but they had the ponytail rigging ready so it's possible they had a model - what if they just update Mementos to have Kasumi cameo?

...maybe add in Akechi too? And add them to AOA? Pls...?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
https://smashboards.com/threads/which-fighters-shouldve-faced-which-bosses-in-classic-mode.505202/

I made a thread asking which characters should've fought certain bosses in Classic Mode last night.
Really wish there was a boss rush mode in Ultimate. Put in the existing fights (the WoL bosses, galeem and darkhob, Master and Crazy Hand) give the stage bosses health bars (Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor, Metal Face), bring back the cut Brawl bosses (Peter Piranha, Porky, Rayquaza, Duon, Tabuu), maybe throw in a SMALL handful of new ones... it would be fun.

D

Deleted member

Having a bit of trouble sleeping because my mother has the TV really loud and my father has the phone like that too.

Gonna take some water in the meantime until both fall asleep.

No way did I just get two legendary skins in one box. LOL
Congrats!!! ❤

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom