• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
If Dragon Quest XI Switch does come out in the Fall, then it makes complete and total sense for Erdrick (or Luminary) to come out around then to coincide with it.

Again, never any indication that Erdrick would be at E3. Him being there was entirely fan speculation.
Coinciding character release with something like the release of a game within their franchise or the celebration of their franchise's anniversary or something has never actually been done despite how often people speculate about it (as far as i remember)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At least my 3Ms of Mythra's E3 will be fullfilled at this point :089:

D

Deleted member

I’m scared people...

These two days won’t be pretty on the Smash community... and I’m feeling as the equivalent to Spider-Man on the Civil War comic.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If they do that it will be war on smashboards lol
They'll moan about the "terrible choices" for a while and then forget about it until the next Smash game. It happens everytime with the full roster reveal.

Iridium

Smash Hero
My take on this as of this moment that Erdrick was never said to be a pick to be shown off at E3. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be, but if he really is in the game and doesn't get shown off then, well perhaps later. The character development behind-the-scenes is still not clear for obvious reasons, so we don't know who will appear first. I already know this place will be on fire around E3 anyway, but still.

Erdrick still has a chance no matter what happens, but the timing is important for him.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
just reveal all the remaining fighters in silhouettes SFV style
But then we’d know exactly who they are from the beginning, especially if a character has a unique silhouette.

Nintendo doesn’t release the characters all at once for a reason, the Smash DLC reveal schedule is used as a carrot on a stick to get people to watch more directs

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I’m scared people...

These two days won’t be pretty on the Smash community... and I’m feeling as the equivalent to Spider-Man on the Civil War comic.
That'll be easy. It's the aftermath that's a bit more worrying.

Never worth worrying tho XD

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Erdrick is the only one revealed on Tuesday. I can definitely guarantee hell will break loose on that day...It won't be pretty...

Though got to keep in mind at the same time there'd be people excited since there's some that wants him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I’m scared people...

I feel more like Ant-Man in the Civil War Movie.

I'm just happy to be here, even if it gets me put under house arrest.

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
If Erdrick is the only one revealed on Tuesday. I can definitely guarantee hell will break loose on that day...It won't be pretty...

Though got to keep in mind at the same time there'd be people excited since there's some that wants him.
If Joker broke the servers when he came out I'm pretty sure anything will

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
But then we’d know exactly who they are from the beginning, especially if a character has a unique silhouette.

Nintendo doesn’t release the characters all at once for a reason, the Smash DLC reveal schedule is used as a carrot on a stick to get people to watch more directs
People will just watch directs for gameplay of character since they only had silhouettes to go by

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Just saw GameXplain post the clip of Sakurai.

Sakurai said "I'll continue my work on the next DLC fighter. Look forward to hearing more about that in the Nintendo Direct."

That seems very singular to me.

...unless they plan to reveal a fighter at the beginning and then he talks about his workings on the next DLC Fighter and teases them.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Just a warnning

There was a problem fetching the tweet

If you don't want to be spoiled, Get out now you don't have much time

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm gonna remain neutral on this ****, but the question of "Time" still makes me perplexed.

Whoever is shown off at E3 will come out either late this month or early next.

A Direct in September is all but confirmed since we get one yearly

And a release in Feb is very likely due to the end of the DLC

But then what? We're still short 1 character.

This is why I'm still leaning towards a teaser at E3, since no matter how you slice it, **** doesn't add up.
If they time it for every 2 months, i’m pretty sure it works out.

June
August/September
November/December
February

Seems like it works.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only thing that having Banjo announced first means is that Brave isn't Erdrick. Erdrick is absolutely still possible. But the next character is going to Brave. Just like Jack was the next character in the datamine, being Joker. The real question is what happened to Jane, honestly.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Just a warnning

There was a problem fetching the tweet

If you don't want to be spoiled, Get out now you don't have much time
don't see why they would do this so soon before the direct... is the clout really that important to them?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Told y'all it was possible for stuff to leak on Sunday.

Monday does seem to be the day where a convergence event that validates all of these leaks takes place, though.

Thankfully, I'll be getting my stomach checked out after a good week and a half of waiting, so my activity will be low; I don't want to risk being spoiled.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think the issue with Erdrick is that majority were backing him to be the codename "Brave", which is what he's calledbin Japan or something. Since Brave is the 3rd codename, that should mean that he should be the 3rd DLC character. But if Brave was Banjo, that would mean...

I forgot what I was getting at.

D

Deleted member

I'll spoil myself since I'm busy at work by the time of the Direct.

Shroob

Sup?
If they time it for every 2 months, i’m pretty sure it works out.

June
August/September
November/December
February

Seems like it works.
But that implies we get both a September and then either a November/December Direct, and said character(s) is released directly after the presentation.

Seems hella fishy when a more logic way would be:

June, release one, tease 1
September, teased character releases, September Direct teases another
November/December, teased character released, tease final Direct in Feb
Final in Feb

It just plays out better this way, IMO at least.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know what, that fake Smash Ball is a hint:

Everything rumored by insiders is absolutely fake. Faker than Shadow the Hedgehog.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

Everything rumored by insiders is absolutely fake. Faker than Shadow the Hedgehog.
The fake smash ball means that Sakurai is in imminent danger. Those things aren't safe.

D

Deleted member

That would be a nice scenario, but at this point I want both BK and Erdrick either confirmed or disconfirmed so the fanbase can move on.

D

Deleted member

Bold of you to assume that the next datamine won't be a carnival of ****.
I agree. You all are about to get bombed with fighterkind_sword and fighterkind_shield

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom