• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Heheh, you guys keep it up. You’re all great.
Also I posted here, so now I’m going to have to make another account because people here are stalking me and I still don’t know who they are.
Bye.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I was browsing /v/, not because I post on 4chan (I don’t, I just browse for the lol’s and potential leaks), and there was a Resident Evil thread. In the comments, somebody linked to an updated section from Capcoms site that links to the top selling Capcom owned games.

Obviously, Monster Hunter World is their best selling game. Monster Hunter has 4 games in the Top 10 best selling Capcom games, while Resident Evil has 5 titles in the Top 10 (the last one that isn’t either series is Street Fighter 2). Sales in their own is, IMO, as bad argument to include a character or series in Smash, but with Monster Hunter and Street Fighter already in Smash, and the company mascot of Mega Man is also in Smash. Within the Top Ten Monster Hunter has made $25.8 million, while Resident Evil has overall made closer to $30 million.

Eh, I guess I just feel like Resident Evil makes a lot of sense, and makes even more sense now that Joker uses a gun in his moveset. There’s nothing else like it in Smash, which means that bringing anything zombie related, whether spirits or in a moveset, it’ll be mostly unique.

Like I said though, i’ve been convinced that Dante would be an excellent choice. Even if the voice clips for DMC1 are super weird when fighting vs. in-cutscene Dante.

With Dante though, I feel that his way of getting would have to be because of major trolling from the dude they interviewed a few months ago and saying, “If you want Dante in Smash, get DMC on Nintendo first”. Like, I could see it happening, but that’s the only way I could see it happening.

Basically if you ask me it’s Resident Evil or Devil May Cry. Both series have the chance to reach a decent sized audience (well, decent for DMC, huge for Resident Evil), whereas other series are either far smaller or have origins on Nintendo platforms, which would more or less limit their potential for new groups of fans compared to series that have larger fanbases.

I’m also very tired all of a sudden and my brain is just like...so done today, lol.
Slight point of contention, Dante's VA changed each game until 3 in which Reuben Langdon got solidified as THE Dante voice actor so DMC1 kinda doesn't really work.

Also assuming this is your first time with the seried then hoo boy wait till the most infamous cutscene if you want voice acting gripes

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Don't ask me for anything ever again~
(In actuality I genuinely wanted this!)

If you're wondering who I am -
I've been around a while [forever], mostly in the "competitive" areas. The guy who usually helped make most of the tier lists you guys LOVED in Smash4 (and many of Brawl too).
I'm on night patrol for the unforeseeable future, cookies and caffeine are wholesome.
shaya brawl lists were op
ty for bringing joy to the brawl scene uvu7

update: i listened to "oh desire" again i thought that was in the depths of my mind never to return

but

i guess that ship has sailed

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Slight point of contention, Dante's VA changed each game until 3 in which Reuben Langdon got solidified as THE Dante voice actor so DMC1 kinda doesn't really work.

Also assuming this is your first time with the seried then hoo boy wait till the most infamous cutscene if you want voice acting gripes
Voice crack Dante is the best thing that they will never acknowledge again.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is it the shadow realm with the leg buzzsaws?

That one's unpleasant.
Funny thing is the Shadow Realm is more of a failed attempt at censorship. Their soul is trapped in basically another dimension, and in most cases, tortured for eternity. What's weird is it's hard to tell how much is actually dub-only. Just how much did they have to re-animate? For instance, was Panik just burnt to ashes instead of being Mind Crushed? But we still see Kaiba's dark side come back.

I was always under the impression the Shadow Realm is a pure dub thing, but I'm not so sure it's exactly that. It might just be used way more instead to avoid death scenarios. I know of the many Penalty Games from the first Manga, before Card Games took ahold, but those were only Season 0 of the subs, anyway. I never found a copy of a later bit of the Manga.

D

Deleted member

Hey they're finally revealing the other Kombat Pack 1 characters for MK11 next week.
Bit of a strange timeframe though, figured they would show something either after GFs at Combo Breaker tonight or at E3, not during the week in between the two.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Hey they're finally revealing the other Kombat Pack 1 characters for MK11 next week.
Bit of a strange timeframe though, figured they would show something either after GFs at Combo Breaker tonight or at E3, not during the week in between the two.
I mean the cat is probably out of the bag regarding MK11 DLC once all of them got leaked so might as well the first one out of the way and save a guest character for E3

Shroob

Sup?
Funny thing is the Shadow Realm is more of a failed attempt at censorship. Their soul is trapped in basically another dimension, and in most cases, tortured for eternity. What's weird is it's hard to tell how much is actually dub-only. Just how much did they have to re-animate? For instance, was Panik just burnt to ashes instead of being Mind Crushed? But we still see Kaiba's dark side come back.

I was always under the impression the Shadow Realm is a pure dub thing, but I'm not so sure it's exactly that. It might just be used way more instead to avoid death scenarios. I know of the many Penalty Games from the first Manga, before Card Games took ahold, but those were only Season 0 of the subs, anyway. I never found a copy of a later bit of the Manga.
It's a pure dub thing.

It's literally just hell in the manga.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I want the Yu-Gi-Oh! that lit a person on fire in the middle of a restaurant :yoshi:
It was literally in the first volume of the manga I got. And would be in Season Zero of the sub. It might've been the first episode/chapter too, a strong establishing moment that those who are bullies will be punished harshly. I think they actually toned it down a bit in Season 1 cause it was a bit much at that point, as it wasn't kid-friendly enough and they wanted to sell actual cards.

It's a pure dub thing.

It's literally just hell in the manga.
Oh, so it's more or less the same thing, just a different name. Okay, that makes wayyyyyyyy more sense.

I presume the Japanese subs use Hell as well?

Shroob

Sup?
It was literally in the first volume of the manga I got. And would be in Season Zero of the sub. It might've been the first episode/chapter too, a strong establishing moment that those who are bullies will be punished harshly. I think they actually toned it down a bit in Season 1 cause it was a bit much at that point, as it wasn't kid-friendly enough and they wanted to sell actual cards.

Oh, so it's more or less the same thing, just a different name. Okay, that makes wayyyyyyyy more sense.
And a lot of the "Shadow Realm" **** in the Battle City arc isn't even that.

Magical sawblades that send you to the Shadow Realm?

Nope.

They were just regular sawblades that would cut your legs off, etc

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Nope.

Rewatching the dub kind of makes that stuff obvious.

Especially the whole, fall through the glass into a portal to the shadow realm. I'm guessing it's just literally fall to your death seeing as the duo that lost fell but used parachutes. If there was an actual portal, the parachutes would merely delay the inevitable.

Also Shadow Realm>HFIL.

It's so memetic at this point having a Shadow Realm just elevates the series.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Nope.

I'd say in some cases, the Shadow Realm adds more to the story than just simple death.

It also gives ways to return characters, so it's not entirely a bad thing.

It arguably makes Marik even more dangerous than his Japanese version.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Rewatching the dub kind of makes that stuff obvious.

Especially the whole, fall through the glass into a portal to the shadow realm. I'm guessing it's just literally fall to your death seeing as the duo that lost fell but used parachutes. If there was an actual portal, the parachutes would merely delay the inevitable.

Also Shadow Realm>HFIL.

It's so memetic at this point having a Shadow Realm just elevates the series.
It wasn't HFIL, it was A N O T H E R D I M E N S I O N

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Did somebody say Shadow World? Well, in that case, I guess that calls for the one true Shadow World to be revealed.
(sing-along)

Truth is elusive, it's nowhere to be found
Yeah, the truth can never be written
Down, it's not in any magazine, you can't see
It on your TV screen

Truth is evasive, though you might have the facts
Got it straight, you think but then it all
Cracks wide open, you can search the world far and wide
The only truth that you can ever find

Is in another, a soul that's got the same burning need
To find out what's 'neath the cover up
The one can't be without the true other
So let's get together, see what we can uncover

One that defines your world, gives you truth and life
One that excels, special enough to guide your way through
The shadow world

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'd say in some cases, the Shadow Realm adds more to the story than just simple death.

It also gives ways to return characters, so it's not entirely a bad thing.

It arguably makes Marik even more dangerous than his Japanese version.
True.

Granted, they never did.

Hell, never forgetti Bakura murdered Pegasus in cold blood and RIPPED OUT HIS EYE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom