• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Question: If they did a Fighters Pass 3 with 5 characters, but all 5 characters were “4th party” (aka any characters that didn’t originate from a video game, so movies, shows, books, comics, etc.), what would your ideal 4th party Fighters Pass consist of?
1. Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
2. Godzilla (Godzilla)
3. Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
4. Xenomorph (Alien)
5. Meme Man (Surreal Memes)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All the best Capcom Protags know at least one Street Fighter move, so Mega Man also knowing the Raging Demon shouldn't be a huge surprise.
That, and he had a crossover with street fighter too, in the classic style. (which I forgot on my previous post, oops)

Raging Demon never actually killed someone in Canon tho (Gouken was dead to it before, but then it got retcon) , sooo I don't think we have to worry too much.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That, and he had a crossover with street fighter too, in the classic style. (which I forgot on my previous post, oops)

Raging Demon never actually killed someone in Canon tho (Gouken was dead to it before, but then it got retcon) , sooo I don't think we have to worry too much.
Well, at least Gouken was put into a coma or somethin' for a while. I don't remember if Akuma used it to kill their own master, Gotetsu tho.

Heihachi Mishima literally got up from it a few seconds later. But I guess he's just built differently.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, at least Gouken was put into a coma or somethin' for a while. I don't remember if Akuma used it to kill their own master, Gotetsu tho.

Heihachi Mishima literally got up from it a few seconds later. But I guess he's just built differently.
I like how we're lowkey throwing shade at how ineffective at a move who, if I remember correctly, is supposed to kill peoples at the end, can't kill anyone even when it come to old men. (granted, badass old men, but still)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm liking the new emotes. Very memeful.:thedorf:
If you guys want more, let the administration know you like them and that they are good for the site! It does take some time to upload them into the smiley database.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Think going to end for today since it's late, but if anyone here got tips for a DMC3 noobs like me, feel free to say them.
The giant centipede boss can be jumped on, to which you can use sword slashes to deal major damage. Agni and Rudra, the two bosses you fight at once, can hit each other and the red one takes more damage from Cerberus as he has an ice weakness. Style levels up based on enemy kills, not usage, so keep that in mind, though Trickster doesn't need to be a level 3 for all it's moves, Swordmaster 3 gives you a lot of toys. When you get Devil Trigger, your stat boosts depend on Dante's equipped weapon, Rebellion DT is balanced, Cerberus DT gets a major defence buff and Agni and Rudra primarily boosts attack power, I forgot the other DTs. Remember to switch to Swordmaster Style when attacking if you feel like you're not going to get hit.

That's all I have for now

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm a bit late on this, but I'm glad to see the Scott Pilgrim game getting re-released! (and getting released on Nintendo consoles for the first time - finally, the use of the Zelda theme in the movie goes full circle) I enjoyed playing it when it first came out, though I missed out on getting the DLC. (even if it doesn't add much, two extra characters and online multiplayer is a nice touch)

I read through volumes 4-6 of the comics yesterday; they're quite different from the movie, though that's understandable since they were compressing six volumes of comics into a single movie and volume 6 was in the process of being written when the movie was made. The comics focused a lot more on the flaws that Scott and Ramona have, their struggles to overcome those flaws (literally, in the case of Nega Scott - he got more of an explanation in the comic, though his role in the movie was hilarious), and Kim's unrequited feelings for Scott.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The giant centipede boss can be jumped on, to which you can use sword slashes to deal major damage. Agni and Rudra, the two bosses you fight at once, can hit each other and the red one takes more damage from Cerberus as he has an ice weakness. Style levels up based on enemy kills, not usage, so keep that in mind, though Trickster doesn't need to be a level 3 for all it's moves, Swordmaster 3 gives you a lot of toys. When you get Devil Trigger, your stat boosts depend on Dante's equipped weapon, Rebellion DT is balanced, Cerberus DT gets a major defence buff and Agni and Rudra primarily boosts attack power, I forgot the other DTs. Remember to switch to Swordmaster Style when attacking if you feel like you're not going to get hit.

That's all I have for now
Heeeey, thanks alot for the tips.
thumb up ivysaur.png
Currently having swordmaster being soon to lvl 2, but I really want to level up Trickster & maybe Royal Guard (while I'm not confident with my skills with it, I do want to be able to block in the air). So I try to keep other styles on to lvl them up, unless Swordmaster is really needed. (Not sure if gunslinger is worth the effort to level up)

I also unlocked the double jump for Rebellion, since I know jumping give you I-Frames, aswell as the fact that being in the air is the best position you can have most of the time.

Finally, I know DMC3 is a hard game, so if I die alot, even if it's the Switch version with freestyle, I shouldn't take it too hard against myself, right? I know it's a obvious question, but while I did defeat the giant centipede boss yesterday, I kinda felt....ehhh? About my perfomance I mean, since I knew what to do after a time & even cerberus was it's weakness, but I still struggled & dies for some time due to it being late & the camera being clunky at time. Outside of it being late, is this normal you say for a DMC newcomer like me?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tien getting treated like dirt?

Yeah, that sound about right.

That, and lots of characters on the base roster have boring moveset too, it's only with time they got more interesting & unique.
I really do like what the did with some characters like Frieza, and gjve then a completely different archetype than the standard brawler, but yeah, I see what you mean.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Played some more DMC3, this time on my TV screen instead of the switch screen, which, surprise, surprise, is alot easier to play overall.

Still died here and there, buuut I'm getting better at it. Think however I only do short session, since this game get my brain overdrive quite easily after awhile. Contrary to say Undertale or Deltarune, not counting the hardest fight of both those games.

Also, I'm finally starting using the most important mechanic of them all: the Taunt Button.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Heeeey, thanks alot for the tips.
View attachment 285253
Currently having swordmaster being soon to lvl 2, but I really want to level up Trickster & maybe Royal Guard (while I'm not confident with my skills with it, I do want to be able to block in the air). So I try to keep other styles on to lvl them up, unless Swordmaster is really needed. (Not sure if gunslinger is worth the effort to level up)

I also unlocked the double jump for Rebellion, since I know jumping give you I-Frames, aswell as the fact that being in the air is the best position you can have most of the time.

Finally, I know DMC3 is a hard game, so if I die alot, even if it's the Switch version with freestyle, I shouldn't take it too hard against myself, right? I know it's a obvious question, but while I did defeat the giant centipede boss yesterday, I kinda felt....ehhh? About my perfomance I mean, since I knew what to do after a time & even cerberus was it's weakness, but I still struggled & dies for some time due to it being late & the camera being clunky at time. Outside of it being late, is this normal you say for a DMC newcomer like me?
Gunslinger's still good but I have no experience as I never went for it. The best place being in the air is for people who are good at jump cancelling, Trickster Lv2 gives you an air dodge and a teleport so you can focus on evading if you feel unsafe in the air, though a double jump is still good for platforming and stuff. As for deaths, yeah, DMC3 is hard. I S-ranked the final boss yet when I next played DMC3, I still got my ass handed to me. The early game's also the hardest part due to low max health, a lack of DT, small movepull and all styles being at level 1

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Played some more DMC3, this time on my TV screen instead of the switch screen, which, surprise, surprise, is alot easier to play overall.

Still died here and there, buuut I'm getting better at it. Think however I only do short session, since this game get my brain overdrive quite easily after awhile. Contrary to say Undertale or Deltarune, not counting the hardest fight of both those games.

Also, I'm finally starting using the most important mechanic of them all: the Taunt Button.
Speaking of, any word on DR part 2?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Wyrms.

Lost Tapes: "Wyrms"
Subject matter: Wyrm
Summary: What started off as a beautiful vacation in a secluded area somewhere near the Florida coastline becomes a death-filled disaster for a tour guide and his tour group when they stumble upon large carnivorous reptilian monsters that dwell in sinkholes.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gunslinger's still good but I have no experience as I never went for it. The best place being in the air is for people who are good at jump cancelling, Trickster Lv2 gives you an air dodge and a teleport so you can focus on evading if you feel unsafe in the air, though a double jump is still good for platforming and stuff. As for deaths, yeah, DMC3 is hard. I S-ranked the final boss yet when I next played DMC3, I still got my ass handed to me. The early game's also the hardest part due to low max health, a lack of DT, small movepull and all styles being at level 1
yea, Double Jump really help when there's lots of enemy or you need to stay in air when there's a big attack or somethin'. Especially if you stall with the guns. Plus it help ALOT with the clunky platforming as you mention.

I can't use Royal Guard to save my life but maybe I just have to wait a enemy that is really predictable, heard Vergil was good for practice. (Just to be sure tho, you don't have to face the enemy to block, right?)

I did died once on Agni & Rudra , but outside that, they were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than Cerberus. Especially when clank their swords with your weapon & remove their swords as a result, I did it alot, and I made sure to that both were at low life before killing 1, resulting in a easy kill afterward.

I did died once on Jester too, buuut I was just startin', so I wasn't in the right mood yet. Plus he was still easy all around.

Trickster & Swordmaster are almost at level 2, so who know what I will do next, but for now, I say i'm getting better & better, and that's the best kind feeling in any video games you can get.

Just gotta stay
dmc vergil motivation.jpg
'til the end. ~
Speaking of, any word on DR part 2?
Nope, gotta wait the 15th, Undertale fifth anniversary, for more info from Toby.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
people already trying to make 9/11 about AllLivesMatter and AllBuildingsMatter...then that gets **** on by countless upon countless black and building related issues in life...of course

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
yea, Double Jump really help when there's lots of enemy or you need to stay in air when there's a big attack or somethin'. Especially if you stall with the guns. Plus it help ALOT with the clunky platforming as you mention.

I can't use Royal Guard to save my life but maybe I just have to wait a enemy that is really predictable, heard Vergil was good for practice. (Just to be sure tho, you don't have to face the enemy to block, right?)

I did died once on Agni & Rudra , but outside that, they were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than Cerberus. Especially when clank their swords with your weapon & remove their swords as a result, I did it alot, and I made sure to that both were at low life before killing 1, resulting in a easy kill afterward.

I did died once on Jester too, buuut I was just startin', so I wasn't in the right mood yet. Plus he was still easy all around.

Trickster & Swordmaster are almost at level 2, so who know what I will do next, but for now, I say i'm getting better & better, and that's the best kind feeling in any video games you can get.

Just gotta stay
View attachment 285261
'til the end. ~

Nope, gotta wait the 15th, Undertale fifth anniversary, for more info from Toby.
Sounds good. I've only played the first little bit of DR part 1, but I watched the story and it had me hyped, especially the cliffhanger.

How will Asriel and Toriel react when they see what Kris has become? I'm most interested in that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sounds good. I've only played the first little bit of DR part 1, but I watched the story and it had me hyped, especially the cliffhanger.

How will Asriel and Toriel react when they see what Kris has become? I'm most interested in that.
Well
There's alot of hints that Kris was always creepy & weird before we took control of them, as several peoples in town mention that Kris isn't acting like his usual self, and that it isn't the first time Kris apparantly threw their SOUL out of their body into the cage. (The description & look of it say it's been used alot)

Soooo not really sure what to make of it, outside of the fact Asriel probably won't comeback until some time passes in-universe, since Toriel say he back in a week at the start of the game. (Also, Toriel is the kind of character who probably won't notice her child is really weird unless she saw him murder someone or somethin', so again, who know)

What we do know is that we be back to controlling them when chapter 2 is out....unless there's a twist of some sort.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well
There's alot of hints that Kris was always creepy & weird before we took control of them, as several peoples in town mention that Kris isn't acting like his usual self, and that it isn't the first time Kris apparantly threw their SOUL out of their body into the cage. (The description & look of it say it's been used alot)

Soooo not really sure what to make of it, outside of the fact Asriel probably won't comeback until some time passes in-universe, since Toriel say he back in a week at the start of the game. (Also, Toriel is the kind of character who probably won't notice her child is really weird unless she saw him murder someone or somethin', so again, who know)

What we do know is that we be back to controlling them when chapter 2 is out....unless there's a twist of some sort.
If the second part were to take place a week later, it could set up for some great character development out of Azzy. What if him, Noelle, Susie, and Ralsei have to team up to fight Kris? That'd be neat. Or what if Kris goes on a rampage and the town has to band together?

There are even more possibilities. It makes me excited lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If the second part were to take place a week later, it could set up for some great character development out of Azzy. What if him, Noelle, Susie, and Ralsei have to team up to fight Kris? That'd be neat. Or what if Kris goes on a rampage and the town has to band together?

There are even more possibilities. It makes me excited lol
I wait until we see how this Azzy really is.

Like Undertale Asriel is a angel (pre-death atleast...), but while DR!Asriel seem to be pretty love, time can change peoples. Especially when Adulthood come by, so DR!Asriel could be hero or a vilain, or even something else.

That, and there's of course Gaster being realllyyyy important to this game universe in some fashion. With the avatar creator, refered as GonerMaker in the games files, which is similar in name to Goner Kid in Undertale, to the weird sound your phone make in the Dark World which sound like entry 17, to Seam saying "darker, yet Darker" after fighting Jevil, etc... put alongside the Knight & the Queen, and the darkness as only just begun...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Just gotta stay
View attachment 285261
'til the end. ~

Never used Royal Guard but it automatically makes Dante face whatever hit him, so you don't need to have him face the enemy when blocking

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Never used Royal Guard but it automatically makes Dante face whatever hit him, so you don't need to have him face the enemy when blocking
Noted.

I really want to use it once or twice for STYLISH purpose, but if I can't make it work, well, Gunsligher won't be last at least!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

If Azzy DOES break bad as you mentioned that possibility, I'd prefer it if he had a redemption arc. He had a redemption arc in Undertale, and I'd want the same for him in DR. He's one of my favorite characters in the universe, and one of my favorite fictional characters in general. I want what's best for him.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

If Azzy DOES break bad as you mentioned that possibility, I'd prefer it if he had a redemption arc. He had a redemption arc in Undertale, and I'd want the same for him in DR. He's one of my favorite characters in the universe, and one of my favorite fictional characters in general. I want what's best for him.
I ain't Toby, so I can't say what will happen to him.

What I said before are just theories based off some fact we know atm, I could be totally wrong & DR!Asriel is as sweet as UT!Asriel (tho having 1 good Asriel & fluffy boy Ralsei might be too similar, unless one goes the bad side of the road, like a reverse Flowey if you prefer)

Note also that him being "bad" doesn't mean he would become a killer or horrible person by default. Just so he wouldn't be as cool as most folks in town remembers of him, including his family, which might cause problems, but wouldn't be the start of the end of the world or somethin'. (The Light World seem be pretty calm & free of conflict too, sooo it could take time before something bad happen in the town)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom