• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Twas in the mood of looking up my favorite US president Theodore Roosevelt.

What a great man he was. I applaud him for his efforts in his conversation for animals and their environments.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I checked mine and it hasn't started yet. I suppose it won't start until Midnight in my time zone.
Well it started midday for me.

I hope that doesn't mean it releases midday because I want to play it the second I wake up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What happened, might I ask? Doesn't have to be detailed if you're not comfortable giving specifics.

And are you doing any better as of this now?
My brain became numb to the chemicals that make you feel sad. So I'm good now.

I was in a game design class and we were all pitching ideas. And we didn't get to mine yet, but I felt so alone hearing people talk about their super artsy visual novels and rogue likes. I might be proven wrong when I see the rest next week, but so far, it looks like I'm the only one who just wants to make a fun platformer with no artsy elements. And it made me feel so isolated. Like nobody else shared my interests.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My brain became numb to the chemicals that make you feel sad. So I'm good now.

I was in a game design class and we were all pitching ideas. And we didn't get to mine yet, but I felt so alone hearing people talk about their super artsy visual novels and rogue likes. I might be proven wrong when I see the rest next week, but so far, it looks like I'm the only one who just wants to make a fun platformer with no artsy elements. And it made me feel so isolated. Like nobody else shared my interests.
...I'm not the most confident person by any stretch of the word, so I can get why that would hurt.

Try not to let it get to you in preparation for next week. If you're still the only one with such an idea by that point, just go for it, share your idea and have a good time delving into and explaining it. If no one else is fond of it, forget 'em. Artsty games can be great, but they're missing out if they don't have any interest at all in the platformer genre. Hell, I've seen and played plenty of platforms out there that I would argue qualify as "artsy", even if it's mainly visually, so it's not like the elements are mutually exclusive, either.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Headless Horseman.

Lost Tapes: "Headless Horseman"
Subject matter: Dullahan
Summary: While on an class field trip in Ireland with their teacher, an group of students decides to stay in the woods for the night to watch the scenic view. They soon awaken from the sounds of unearthly screams deep within the woods, unless they try to escape, their final moments brought onto them will be their heads being gone.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Japan is allowing schools to do the Sports Day festival but parents aren’t allowed to attend. That being said, they can watch the event via stream and schools will provide a Home Video. My school has six cameras set up to capture the vantage point of six grades (1-6) so parents can see the best vantage point of the event relative to their child’s grade. Masks during activities aren’t permitted but are required when not running and jumping.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Summary: While on an class field trip in Ireland with their teacher, an group of students decides to stay in the woods for the night to watch the scenic view. They soon awaken from the sounds of unearthly screams deep within the woods, unless they try to escape, their final moments brought onto them will be their heads being gone.
I always like a good take on the Headless Horseman.

Portraying one through Found Footage has some really good potential to be something downright horrifying.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Twas in the mood of looking up my favorite US president Theodore Roosevelt.

What a great man he was. I applaud him for his efforts in his conversation for animals and their environments.
I wonder what these animals had to say to the late US president. You think they'd have interesting stories to share.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I always like a good take on the Headless Horseman.

Portraying one through Found Footage has some really good potential to be something downright horrifying.
I can only imagine a part where someone e is slowly walking in the darkness calling out for someone quietly and then you hear the sounds of galloping and out if the darkness is a jump scare as the headless horseman laughs charging forth. shudders

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can only imagine a part where someone e is slowly walking in the darkness calling out for someone quietly and then you hear the sounds of galloping and out if the darkness is a jump scare as the headless horseman laughs charging forth. shudders
There's a way to make any horror concept cheesy.

But there's also many ways to make many horror concepts absolutely chilling.

Takes on the horseman throughout time have been pretty consistent Nightmare Fuel, imo, and putting him in a more realistic and isolated setting like that has some damn good potential in that regard. Add on the Found Footage POV ala Lost Tapes and your ideas for new seasons, and you're golden.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
XSeX: Hey S, what color are you gonna be so that we don't confuse the public?

XSeS:
ETCX3LdXgAYABJw.jpg
20200910_102618.png

D

Deleted member

Do you ever just wish there was a judge around me where I can see the results if I were to be judged for my every actions?

I want to see if I have made an overall positive or negative impact on the world. It's the latter...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Place your bets, folks.​
The Crewmate may have experience in murder, but considering the amount of times I've seen other guys trying to push the Fall Guy into the slime in Slime Climb and end up falling in themselves with the Fall Guy surviving, this will be a challenge for the Crewmate.

I'll watch it if Christopher Walken returns for the role.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So after seeing more FighterZ Roshi footage, all I can think of is how dirty they did Tien with his moveset.

Roshi has pratically every technique in the book for gis standard moveset, yet they had to patch in the multiform technique for Tien.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Crewmate may have experience in murder, but considering the amount of times I've seen other guys trying to push the Fall Guy into the slime in Slime Climb and end up falling in themselves with the Fall Guy surviving, this will be a challenge for the Crewmate.

I'll watch it if Christopher Walken returns for the role.
I ought really watch Sleepy Hollow. On my Amazon wishlist as we speak. :D

D

Deleted member

I tend to really worry about how other people think of me.

What is this called?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm really wondering why there are so many insect in my room, but eh, I took care of them atleast.

Also, new emotes? Noices, wonder which one I will use.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spider-Man getting his hair done in Wakanda is just right

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So after seeing more FighterZ Roshi footage, all I can think of is how dirty they did Tien with his moveset.

Roshi has pratically every technique in the book for gis standard moveset, yet they had to patch in the multiform technique for Tien.
Tien getting treated like dirt?

Yeah, that sound about right.

That, and lots of characters on the base roster have boring moveset too, it's only with time they got more interesting & unique.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This month has been stressful, my goodness.

I am always worried about the future, and how people think of me. I also have low self-esteem, and I feel like I'm getting worse as a person rather than improving.

Sorry for a bit of ranting, good night.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I tend to really worry about how other people think of me.

What is this called?
Sounds like it could be social anxiety to me. I have it and whenever I'm in public I have this persistent, irrational fear of everyone judging me.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Question: If they did a Fighters Pass 3 with 5 characters, but all 5 characters were “4th party” (aka any characters that didn’t originate from a video game, so movies, shows, books, comics, etc.), what would your ideal 4th party Fighters Pass consist of?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Question: If they did a Fighters Pass 3 with 5 characters, but all 5 characters were “4th party” (aka any characters that didn’t originate from a video game, so movies, shows, books, comics, etc.), what would your ideal 4th party Fighters Pass consist of?
1. SpongeBob SquarePants
2. Popeye
3. Spider-Man
4. Bugs Bunny, Micky Mouse or Team Rocket Jessie, James, and Meowth (assuming they don’t just count as 2nd-party and that Sakurai nor Nintendo would consider them as videogame characters due to first appearing and being mostly only in the anime)
5. Goku

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Probably a Jump pass. SSB x Jump Stars/Force sounds too good to pass up.

Even if it wasn't a crossover like that, I'd still go for Luffy and the other 4 being uhh, Batman, Spiderman, Leonardo (TMNT) and Mickey Mouse.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1: Tony Hawk
2: Goku
3: Luffy
4: Spider-man
5: Sorcerer Mickey

Bonus: I could count Hatsune Miku as a video game character but if she doesn't count then add her to this list

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Damn bro that’s good stuff.

I gotta start drawing again I’m falling behind.
I'm looking forward to it. You've got a cool and dynamic style. Sorry for the late ass reply tho.

And I'm glad you like the art too.

These two new emotes are going to be used by me fairly often.

:mega::over9000:

🕷 And I guess this and the web is the closest we'll get to a Spider-Man one for now, so we shcmoove anyway.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm looking forward to it. You've got a cool and dynamic style. Sorry for the late ass reply tho.

And I'm glad you like the art too.

These two new emotes are going to be used by me fairly often.

:mega::over9000:

🕷 And I guess this and the web is the closest we'll get to a Spider-Man one for now, so we shcmoove anyway.
Why Megaman look like he just done a Raging Demon on someone when you look at his back?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wah, wah, wah...
Wah, wah, wah...
Wah, wah, wah...
Wah, wah, wah...!

Haaai!
I’m Waluigi!
Expecting muffins?
WELL...that’s just too bad!
‘CAUSE IT’S WALUIGI TIME!!!
I really just want to WAH (in Smash...)!
Please it’s Waluigi Time!!!
Don’t worry, I won’t cheat today...
I just want to WAH-HAH-HAAAHAHAH!!!
:warioc:(ALL RIGHT!):waluigirose:

I just wanna WAH, WAH, WAH!
:4wario2:(Let’s go!)
WAH, WAH, WAH!
:warioc:(Here we go!)
It’s Waluigi Time!
:warioc:(OHHH YEAH!)
And I’m gonna WAH, WAH, WAH!
:4wario2:(EXCELLENT!!!)