• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ubisoft's got another online presentation today. I won't be able to see it live, but here's hoping we get an announcement that the Scott Pilgrim game gets re-released. (though given the last presentation, I sincerely doubt we'll get that here)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Star Wars question: One coworker likes to keep telling me that the sequel trilogy were so poorly received that Disney is going to reboot said trilogy but I can't find any articles suggesting such.

I really don't believe him but does what he said hold any water?

D

Deleted member

hmm... thinking it may be a good idea to get a boom stand for my microphone... but on the other hand I also now need to get a new headset because my current one just broke, and I also need to get new sleeves for one of my decks because the deck box I’m using keeps on bending a few of the sleeves.

It’s really difficult to decide because I do kinda need all of those items(aside from the sleeves which can wait a bit considering the deck I’m using them for is in budget so I don’t really mind if a few cards get bent or damaged) but overall I’m in a bit of a hard place, mostly because I kinda need headphones for school.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Star Wars question: One coworker likes to keep telling me that the sequel trilogy were so poorly received that Disney is going to reboot said trilogy but I can't find any articles suggesting such.

Disney made a ludicrous amount of money, they don't care lmao

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

It's a rumor at this point. Star Wars Theory confirmed that it's a rumor.

I wouldnt mind if it were true, but I doubt it will happen. Kennedy's ego is too massive to even consider it imo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Pukwudgie.

Lost Tapes: "Pukwudgie"
Subject matter: Pukwudgie
Summary: Following a series of unexplained deaths and fires reported in Manhattan around the Freetown-Fall River State Forest. The Enigma Corporation comes to investigate the source of these mysterious events. The investigation soon takes a worst turn when their local guide is found dead with a small dart in his neck.

D

Deleted member

I dunno why, but all of the sudden whenever I refresh the page the border thing at the top(the thing with your alerts, profile, and all that) doesn’t actually show up until I scroll alllll the way up. Might be just because I’m on a mobile phone but idk.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's a rumor at this point. Star Wars Theory confirmed that it's a rumor.

I wouldnt mind if it were true, but I doubt it will happen. Kennedy's ego is too massive to even consider it imo
Considering that, aside from the third one, a lot of the reasons people don’t like the first two are rife with isms, phobias, and neophobia... I feel like remaking them would be rewarding some pretty awful people got pretty awful behavior.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The Force Awakens was pretty good. Sure, it might have reused a lot from the earlier films, but sometimes, it's good to go back to the familiar before hitting the new.

Too bad they just threw it all away.

And they did my boy Finn dirty.
Finn's character had potential and got some good air time in FA. It's a shame they didn't use him properly. I think the best choice would've been for him to be the main protagonist over Rey because, well... a heroic storm trooper? There's so much potential there for a dynamic character.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This, so much.

I think Rey and Poe also got treated pretty, but Finn? He went from one of the main characters to an afterthought. What a waste of John Boyega.
Partial disagreement.

While Rey is definitely a spotlight character, we don't actually know who Poe is, aside from being a rebel who has potential for greatness... maybe. He's barely there in FA and is attached at the hip to Finn in RoS. The only film where Poe gets decent airtime is TLJ. Poe, while he did have potential to be a good character, got shafted.

Looking at Rey, on the other hand, we see her constantly throughout the films but her character needed much more refinement and is all over the place.

The one main character who had a good arc is Kylo. Kylo's character is amazing and I love what they did with him. The other 3 all have many issues.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Partial disagreement.

While Rey is definitely a spotlight character, we don't actually know who Poe is, aside from being a rebel who has potential for greatness... maybe. He's barely there in FA and is attached at the hip to Finn in RoS. The only film where Poe gets decent airtime is TLJ. Poe, while he did have potential to be a good character, got shafted.

Looking at Rey, on the other hand, we see her constantly throughout the films but her character needed much more refinement and is all over the place.

The one main character who had a good arc is Kylo. Kylo's character is amazing and I love what they did with him. The other 3 all have many issues.
Honestly, I kinda hate how Kylo stole the spotlight from other characters, including, you know, the main heroine.

It felt like the writers would rather focus on the antagonist of protagonists if it meant they could write about a white guy.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Finn's character had potential and got some good air time in FA. It's a shame they didn't use him properly. I think the best choice would've been for him to be the main protagonist over Rey because, well... a heroic storm trooper? There's so much potential there for a dynamic character.
This, so much.

I think Rey and Poe also got treated pretty badly, but Finn? He went from one of the main characters to an afterthought. What a waste of John Boyega.
They set him up to be Rey's Han Solo, and then they made him as relevant as the Senate members in the prequels.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Honestly, I kinda hate how Kylo stole the spotlight from other characters, including, you know, the main heroine.

It felt like the writers would rather focus on the antagonist of protagonists if it meant they could write about a white guy.
Cut the political bs.

Kylo has a dynamic, well thought out arc from being a total villain to a confused anti-villain to someone who redeemed himself. His character had a dynamic arc that was clearly planned. And, considering Driver's talents, it matches the character. It's about what Driver can do with the character and how he was planned.

D

Deleted member

And they did my boy Finn dirty.
I agree heavily. I thought Finn was a great character.

My issue with the sequel trilogy is they really spent too much time on the Kylo Ren and Rey conflict. Sure, they are the protagonist and antagonist, but usually there are numerous interesting characters that deserve more attention.
All hail to

All hail to baby goat gang.
Aww, that's adorable!

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Cut the political bs.
Nah, I'm good.

Kylo has a dynamic, well thought out arc from being a total villain to a confused anti-villain to someone who redeemed himself. His character had a dynamic arc that was clearly planned. And, considering Driver's talents, it matches the character. It's about what Driver can do with the character and how he was planned.
I didn't say his writing wasn't good.

I just think it's weird that more effort went to giving a coherent character arc to the main antagonist compared to marketed main characters. I also have zero interest in his character type.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy So, the Ubi Forward event is today, at 12 PM something. The best of luck hopefully getting information about the Prince of Persia remake! :D My hopes for anything Rayman related are nonexistent after not even mentioning his 25th Anniversary and when Ubisoft Latin America did, jesus, they clearly took the first things they found on Google images and Spain reposted someone else's fanart. Quite sad, but it is what it is. Even then, it doesn't stop me from enjoying the character, that's the best thing.

D

Deleted member

I just finished a small concept doodle I did. Man drawing like.. actual humans is weird with this artstyle I have going for me.. always feels like it's missing just one little thing to make it look good.
sketch1599748245280 (1).png

Still alright I guess. Could be worse ¯\(ツ)

D

Deleted member

My dad is a big stars wars nerd so I have like a passing understanding of the topic.

But... eh... aside from the few times I watched the original and played a few games I’ve never really been interested in it. It’s certainly an interesting story looking back on it(especially nowadays when some of the stuff that went over my head as a kid makes sense now, like the whole Republic stuff) but “evil goverment vs good guy cult in space” isn’t exactly my cup of tea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
One way they could fix the Star Wars universe is to capitalize on the Legends books and make them into movies, and thus canon by extension.

There's a lot of potential there for great, memorable storylines to be placed into the line of sight.

Edit: Will they actually implement them? I doubt it, unfortunately. But it'd be nice if they did. The Legends series is so vast.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Imagine being John Boyega and all the marketing is around you, the cool new stormtrooper character using the lightsaber, but by the end of the film the white woman has the saber and you're in a coma after spending most of the film either running away or searching for said white woman whilst getting your ass kicked.

Then you get your own actual arc after that but then immediately afterwards you go back to screaming after the white woman because the script where you actually did cool **** got thrown out because the would-be director so happened to make a crap film and they panicked as if JJ didn't also release utter ****e like Into Darkness.

Like, I don't mind that Rey's a Jedi but Finn could easily have been one as well (and should have alongside FinnPoe being a thing)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I have to write a 2+ page paper with sources and it’s only the 3rd week of school
View attachment 285168
It could be worse; an introduction and conclusion alone would likely take up most of a page, assuming that it's double-spaced. (in my experience, the introduction and conclusion cover a lot of the same content, just worded differently) Plus, it's easy enough to find sources with Google, depending on what you're writing about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 285169

Anyway, how are y’all doing?
I’m doing fine, just got back from my grandparents house and am waiting for math class. Hoping I can at least not flunk it so I can bring my grade up from an F to at least a D(only reason it’s an F is because we’ve only had like 4 assignments and I can’t do them faster than our teacher keeps assigning em)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 285169

Anyway, how are y’all doing?
Contemplating my own existence and the fact we are all specks of dust on a rock tumbling through a vast emptiness of space that is full of cosmic explosions large enough to destroy entire galaxies. All while simultaneously staring at a ladybird on a smiley doggos snout.

And while thinking about breakfast...so having a normal day:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom