• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did ya check out Havoc Fox, if I may ask? While I don't voice in the demo, I was cast for a character that'll appear in the finished game.
I haven't. I might though. Depends if it's in my style or not.
Sometimes I wonder how much Smash Ultimate costed to make on acquiring licenses alone.
Well, 13 million copies sold world-wide and some pretty decent pocket change from the DLC would probably alleviate that. And good press is worth the cost too I imagine.

Hot Take: Spider-Man PS4 + Miles Morales aside, MUA3 has been the best Marvel video game from 2010-2020. That's right...I choose Ultimate Alliance over the 3 Lego games...and the recently released but also somewhat glitchy and "rarely unfinished" Avengers game
Nah, MVC3 came out 2011, but I would agree that MUA3 is a damn fun game, I'd put it at 2nd place. I remember thinking Shattered Dimensions was a pretty cool Spider-Man game, even if people didn't like that it was a level based action game rather than open-world action.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I dunno if you guys are familiar with Wayne Barlowe and his book Expedition, but it's a damn good book. So glad I managed to get a hold of it for a decent price (costs a bloody fortune now) If you aren't familiar with Barlowe he's worked on creature design in movies such as Avatar, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Pacific Rim, Hellboy, Aquaman, etc so he's been around. He's basically my favourite artist if I was forced to choose one.

As a creature designer and concept artist myself it's humbling to see such creativity with the world building at this level. He's actually currently working on another project involving The Wildlife of Hell which I hope he gets around to finishing some day, since it seems like a pretty interesting idea to tackle that I haven't seen too many people try.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I dunno if you guys are familiar with Wayne Barlowe and his book Expedition, but it's a damn good book. So glad I managed to get a hold of it for a decent price (costs a bloody fortune now) If you aren't familiar with Barlowe he's worked on creature design in movies such as Avatar, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Pacific Rim, Hellboy, Aquaman, etc so he's been around. He's basically my favourite artist if I was forced to choose one.

As a creature designer and concept artist myself it's humbling to see such creativity with the world building at this level. He's actually currently working on another project involving The Wildlife of Hell which I hope he gets around to finishing some day, since it seems like a pretty interesting idea to tackle that I haven't seen too many people try.
The Wildlife of Hell sounds like exactly the thing I never knew I needed. But now that I know it'll hopefully exist someday... I NEED IT

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
- Me, someone who's been playing Destiny 2 for only a little under a month and just wants to enjoy its content: "Oh boy, a Vanguard Strike I haven't played yet! I wonder what's going on here; this game's environments are so pretty, and all these baddies means loot drop potential! Better get star-"

- My other two teammates who seem to think that every session of Destiny 2 is a world record speedrun attempt and rush the Strike:

download (2).png

For goodness' sake, I just wanna play the game. I wish there was separate matchmaking for people who are newer and want to actually experience content and those who just want to go zoomin'. Sorry that I haven't played this game for a bajillion hours and know these things like the back of my hand yet. :drshrug:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My state is burning again.

One of the worst and ongoing ones was caused by an elaborate gender reveal.

Again.

I'm grateful that I'm nowhere near any fires, but it's still awful to think of the devastation they've caused. That fire alone has already burnt 10,000 acres and tons of people have had to evacuate.

It has not been a good week for SoCal...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Again.

I'm grateful that I'm nowhere near any fires, but it's still awful to think of the devastation they've caused. That fire alone has already burnt 10,000 acres and tons of people have had to evacuate.

Where I live in SoCal the clouds are tinted a gross color. It's not as dramatic as the red and orange skies you'll see on Twitter and Reddit but it's definitely not a normal one either.

Little bits of white colored ash will build up on anything left outside for a short while. That part admittedly has me a little freaked out since I've heard ash can have dangerous health effects before, but I'll admit I'm ill-informed on that matter.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Again.

Californians when they reveal a baby's genitals
DRAGON-BALL-FighterZ-Open-Beta_20180115210514.jpg

But seriously, stay safe guys

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Where I live in SoCal the clouds are tinted a gross color. It's not as dramatic as the red and orange skies you'll see on Twitter and Reddit but it's definitely not a normal one either.

Little bits of white colored ash will build up on anything left outside for a short while. That part admittedly has me a little freaked out since I've heard ash can have dangerous health effects before, but I'll admit I'm ill-informed on that matter.
I'm seeing similar effects in my area. It's the result of smoke traveling and winds carrying the ash around all of SoCal, I believe. As long as you don't inhale the ash or have a mask of some kind on to prevent that from happening, you should be fairly good. A respirator mask would be much more effective in this case than the kind of simple paper masks most people are wearing to prevent the spread of COVID, though.

Oh, and to top it off, from where I am, the sun actually looks straight-up red as another side effect of the raging fires. It's kinda stunning, but it just goes to show just how damn bad the ongoing fires are. Yeah, it's also not as bad as the skies turning totally red, but it's still pretty remarkable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beat the main Avengers Campaign. It was good but a bit short. Considering multiple reference towards Hawkeye, it seems extremely likely the game either had a significantly different setup originally or Hawkeye and other story levels were cut for some reason. The last mission amounts for 50 percent of the campaign completion, despite not being that much longer.

So it’s really odd and doesn’t add up. Still it’s pretty fun. The characters are written very well but could use more screen time, gameplay is good as well. A few bugs and frame rate issues( thinking the later is online related though) but those can be ironed out,

Looking forward to the DLC, which is the datamine is right, a lot of ch and content are coming.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm seeing similar effects in my area. It's the result of smoke traveling and winds carrying the ash around all of SoCal, I believe. As long as you don't inhale the ash or have a mask of some kind on to prevent that from happening, you should be fairly good. A respirator mask would be much more effective in this case than the kind of simple paper masks most people are wearing to prevent the spread of COVID, though.

Oh, and to top it off, from where I am, the sun actually looks straight-up red as another side effect of the raging fires. It's kinda stunning, but it just goes to show just how damn bad the ongoing fires are. Yeah, it's also not as bad as the skies turning totally red, but it's still pretty remarkable.
Here in Torrance the sunrises have been red. Pretty trippy

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I haven't. I might though. Depends if it's in my style or not.

Well, 13 million copies sold world-wide and some pretty decent pocket change from the DLC would probably alleviate that. And good press is worth the cost too I imagine.

Nah, MVC3 came out 2011, but I would agree that MUA3 is a damn fun game, I'd put it at 2nd place. I remember thinking Shattered Dimensions was a pretty cool Spider-Man game, even if people didn't like that it was a level based action game rather than open-world action.
I would disagree on MvC3, but being trash at it aside...Josh Keaton Spider-Man brings it 3000+ points by default (not sorry Yuri...you no.2)
Beat the main Avengers Campaign. It was good but a bit short. Considering multiple reference towards Hawkeye, it seems extremely likely the game either had a significantly different setup originally or Hawkeye and other story levels were cut for some reason. The last mission amounts for 50 percent of the campaign completion, despite not being that much longer.

So it’s really odd and doesn’t add up. Still it’s pretty fun. The characters are written very well but could use more screen time, gameplay is good as well. A few bugs and frame rate issues( thinking the later is online related though) but those can be ironed out,

Looking forward to the DLC, which is the datamine is right, a lot of ch and content are coming.
but Spider-Man most importantly. Imma bet you’re a Natasha/Kamala type of player

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Californians when they reveal a baby's genitalsView attachment 285144
Accurate.

Hell, from what I'm reading, the woman who originally popularized gender reveal parties in the first place thinks this trend has gone far enough now and that people need to just stop already.

Considering that the most elaborate reveals have caused fires, property damage, a plane crash, and in at least one case, actually directly cost someone their life, I have to say I agree with her.

But seriously, stay safe guys
Thanks. I'm hoping the same for everyone in SoCal who may be affected by the fires.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Accurate.

Hell, from what I'm reading, the woman who originally popularized gender reveal parties in the first place thinks this trend has gone far enough now and that people need to just stop already.

Considering that the most elaborate reveals have caused fires, property damage, a plane crash, and in at least one case, actually directly cost someone their life, I have to say I agree with her.
Geez, all that over revealing their baby’s gender? People are frickin’ nuts.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Geez, all that over revealing their baby’s gender? People are frickin’ nuts.
It's not even the first time in Cali that one has caused a devastating fire.

There was a separate incident in 2017 that burnt even more acres than this.

Doesn't help that it's a hot state (this time of year especially) that's susceptible to fires in general.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I find gender so weird sometimes. Most people don't give it much thought since it's cultural norms, but it really is odd to me that we raise children in different ways simply due to what set of parts they have. I can see that making sense to some extent, but not to the extent we currently take it. We act like men and women are so different when they're not, to the detriment of both. And to the detriment of our land and flora, apparently

Shroob

Sup?

Good 'ol NateDrake's throwing down and pretty much soft confirming that there's only 1 more Smash character for this year.

Now the million dollar question is when

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have gone there

I may be a straight man but DAMMIT I AM A LESBIAN MAN...which I guess makes no difference outside of my brain

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Good 'ol NateDrake's throwing down and pretty much soft confirming that there's only 1 more Smash character for this year.

Tomorrow. I feel it. But it could be more crap that my gut likes to fill up with.
Edit: Technically today. It's after midnight.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Tomorrow. I feel it. But it could be more crap that my gut likes to fill up with.
If we're getting anything, it'll be next week I feel.

Partner Direct 2 weeks ago > Mario Direct last week > BotW HW this week >??? next week before Maintenance

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If we're getting anything, it'll be next week I feel.

Partner Direct 2 weeks ago > Mario Direct last week > BotW HW this week >??? next week before Maintenance
I'm basing this entirely on the Mario Tournament and the fact that the Smash playlist got updated.
I'm 99% sure it's this month at least. There's just no way it isn't.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm basing this entirely on the Mario Tournament and the fact that the Smash playlist got updated.
I'm 99% sure it's this month at least. There's just no way it isn't.
You mean the unlisted video, right?

You know JP got a Tournament video uploaded that the EN channel didn't get, right? Unless JP got an unlisted video to, yeah, I'm not buying it.

I'm also not sure how the Mario Tournament ties into your logic at all when it's all the way in November, the two seem to have no connection.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I thought NatetheHate was a different person to NateDrake.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Not like we have anything else to go on but precedent.
I called Banjo long ago because Phil Spencer mentioned it... twice.
That's why I'm thinking that our most likely characters are ones mentioned positively by developers already represented in Smash (as third-parties seem to double dip more often than not). That includes Doom Slayer, Rayman, Dante, and Master Chief.
Geno is special because Sakurai has mentioned him positively multiple times, so like Ridley, it's only a matter of time. Now feels like the best time.
The only popular character I'm fully betting AGAINST is Lloyd. Had another Bandai-Namco character been coming, it'd have been Heihachi, who is far more iconic than Lloyd. And he's a Mii Costume, so my bet is no new Bandai-Namco character (besides MAYBE Ms. Pac-Man if we get Echo Fighters).

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thinking about getting the Game Boy Color Shantae game this Friday.

$45 for this reproduction is WAY cheaper than an original GBC copy (one convention I went to was asking for $600 for it).
Saw that well. It's definitely one of the more tempting reproductions in recent years. Off the top of my head, the only other game that comes close would be Gleylancer (Genesis/MD) but CIB that game is only $450 - $500.

I make a personal rule to avoid reproductions except for select English translations. I have no idea I'll go for this or not; kind of tapped out with my recent rare purchase. Hopefully this might curve the demand for an original copy, but then again Earthbound's re-release didn't do that much and at $600 you're generally priced out anyway unless you're a collector. Bar obscurities such as the G&W/Virtual Boy, Shantae at this point is by and large the most expensive loose game in Nintendo's handheld history.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Saw that well. It's definitely one of the more tempting reproductions in recent years. Off the top of my head, the only other game that comes close would be Gleylancer (Genesis/MD) but CIB that game is only $450 - $500.

I make a personal rule to avoid reproductions except for select English translations. I have no idea I'll go for this or not; kind of tapped out with my recent rare purchase. Hopefully this might curve the demand for an original copy, but then again Earthbound's re-release didn't do that much and at $600 you're generally priced out anyway unless you're a collector. Bar obscurities such as the G&W/Virtual Boy, Shantae at this point is by and large the most expensive loose game in Nintendo's handheld history.
If you're buying a reproduction cart, my dude, you might as well save up and get a GBC/GBA flash cart.
I understand being against emulation, as it isn't 100% accurate, but if you want a real console experience, flash carts are literally 100% accurate, as it's real hardware that you can load ROMs onto.

Reactions: ---

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you're buying a reproduction cart, my dude, you might as well save up and get a GBC/GBA flash cart.
I understand being against emulation, as it isn't 100% accurate, but if you want a real console experience, flash carts are literally 100% accurate, as it's real hardware that you can load ROMs onto.
It's something I've considered but I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt, having a physical object, and getting a new game. Emulation is perfectly fine, just not entirely for me in most circumstances. I think the only game I've played to completion using an emulator was FE12 when the English translation patch was released years ago. I see a lot of flash carts that have emulators for sale on eBay. Playing Sega Master Systems games on a DS sounds amusing. lol

That said I do sometimes regret not going for the flash cart. Have probably lost a fair amount dealing with pirate copies over the past few years but I chalk it up due to my own lack of research. Can't say I'm a hardcore collector like the guys over on VideoGameSage, as I will cheap out for import copies, but have spent over a grand on single games before.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
It's something I've considered but I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt, having a physical object, and getting a new game. Emulation is perfectly fine, just not entirely for me in most circumstances. I think the only game I've played to completion using an emulator was FE12 when the English translation patch was released years ago. I see a lot of flash carts that have emulators for sale on eBay. Playing Sega Master Systems games on a DS sounds amusing. lol

That said I do sometimes regret not going for the flash cart. Have probably lost a fair amount dealing with pirate copies over the past few years but I chalk it up due to my own lack of research. Can't say I'm a hardcore collector like the guys over on VideoGameSage, as I will cheap out for import copies, but have spent over a grand on single games before.
You are more dedicated than I. Lol. I'd never spend a grand on a game unless it's an investment.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
As you may know, Yoshinori Ono will be leaving Capcom. Whilst Ono did have a couple of mishaps which include Street Fighter X Tekken, Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite and the barebones launch of Street Fighter V, he still brought the Street Fighter series back to life.

With Ono's departure, it does make me wonder what sort of direction Capcom's fighting game department will take?

D

Deleted member

$450? Man even for my hobby(card games) that feels super expensive. (although a few particular cards got close pretty recently)

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would disagree on MvC3, but being trash at it aside...Josh Keaton Spider-Man brings it 3000+ points by default (not sorry Yuri...you no.2)

but Spider-Man most importantly. Imma bet you’re a Natasha/Kamala type of player
I really like Kamala as a character and she is easily the best written one since it focuses on her, but in terms of play styles, my favorite is:
Captain America. He’s super fun and the shield attacks feel really satisfying to use. Although Black Widow is a lot of fun too, love the lightsaber like thing she has.

D

Deleted member

Really wish I had thought of this when the Deltarune stuff was in full swing yesterday but
ks4n4so275m51.jpg

Ngl Kris and the gang dressed up as doctors giving me mad Angel Feather vibes. Like this for example
751e530685df9190342962c3d7eef1a0.jpg

D

Deleted member

Again.

Oh no, I hope you end up staying safe. This is tragic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom