• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

it’s concept time
sketch1599665777798 (1).png

It’s not super pretty but for a rough draft it should be fine. Looks a bit too much like a golem for my liking though...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Nintendo shows off every Mario game here, including the older Paper Mario games:

Super Mario RPG isn’t included for some reason, though, despite them clearly giving it some attention by allowing a bit of Smash Bros. content of it and of course the rereleases. I guess it’s because it’s not 100% theirs?

edit: it's also missing the original Mario Bros., Mario Golf, 3rd-party collabs such as the Sports series, Kingdom Battle, and Olympic Games, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and Dr. Mario; I guess they just missed some for some reason.

edit2: when viewing a game, you can click on a BGM thing to play a music track from it (I guess mostly the title screens, though some like Galaxy play music from a level/whatever).

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nintendo shows off every Mario game here, including the older Paper Mario games:

Super Mario RPG isn’t included for some reason, though, despite them clearly giving it some attention by allowing a bit of Smash Bros. content of it and of course the rereleases. I guess it’s because it’s not 100% theirs?
They didn't show Mario is missing or mario's time machine either :p

D

Deleted member

Concept for what? is that a zappy cannon on the arm? :p
Dream Game actually. It’s a rough sketch of what I envision the main bads to look like, as a sort of personal take on “haha large alien army invade and go brrr” trope that’s in a lot of media.(cough Star-Vaders cough) Just... less golem like and wayyy more triangles.

And now that I think about it... I honestly should probably at least do a bit of coding and see if I can get a functioning project going....

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dream Game actually. It’s a rough sketch of what I envision the main bads to look like, as a sort of personal take on “haha large alien army invade and go brrr” trope that’s in a lot of media.(cough Star-Vaders cough) Just... less golem like and wayyy more triangles.

And now that I think about it... I honestly should probably at least do a bit of coding and see if I can get a functioning project going....
The design makes me think of Risk of Rain 2 a bit.

D

Deleted member

The design makes me think of Risk of Rain 2 a bit.

Well tbh I didn’t intend for it to look so golem-like lol. I’m mostly inspired by the Star-Vaders(if the triangles didn’t give that away) and the Stellerknights, with some light Voltron stuff on the side.
23AD1E97-9E44-424A-B9AC-E487D70BF554.jpeg

Still need to sketch an idea of what I want the MC to be too(and also need a card template because of course the combat is gonna be a card game. It ain’t me if I don’t shoehorn in card games somehow :004:) but this is the main thing I got for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well tbh I didn’t intend for it to look so golem-like lol. I’m mostly inspired by the Star-Vaders(if the triangles didn’t give that away) and the Stellerknights, with some light Voltron stuff on the side.
View attachment 285088

Still need to sketch an idea of what I want the MC to be too(and also need a card template because of course the combat is gonna be a card game v:004:) but this is the main thing I got for now.
Cool. I didn't just mean the golems, just the aesthetic of the game is kinda like that. I don't delve in cards games so i wouldnt know those :p
I do have a friend who liked voltron. It wasn't on the channels i watched when i was younger tho. I didnt see much space and mech stuff until later, like gundam and.. i forget which other one.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If you have a Dreamcast Sonic Adventure 1.

If not Sonic Adventure 2.

The PC port of Sonic Adventure 2 is more polished.
Lol who has a dreamcast these days?
*remembers having a dreamcast

Oh yeah, technically I could play it. I honestly don't know which games are still good on it tho

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Actually another person's post in another thread made me realize the website is also missing Dr. Mario (even the mobile game despite the other mobile games being there), Mario Golf, Mario Bros., Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and numerous titles where they collaborated with a 3rd-party (such as Fortune Street, Mario Sports, Kingdom Battle, and Mario & Sonic), so I guess SMRPG not being there is nothing to be disappointed in/worried over.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Should I replay Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2?
CAN YOU FEEEEEEEEEL LIIIIIIIIIFE, MOVIN THROUGH YOUR MIIIIIIIND?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SA2

Teeb147

Smash Legend
CAN YOU FEEEEEEEEEL LIIIIIIIIIFE, MOVIN THROUGH YOUR MIIIIIIIND?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SA2
Is it weird that the usual music i'd have in my head for sonic adventure got replaced with the sonic x anime theme song?
Gotta goo fassterr faster!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it weird that the usual music i'd have for sonic adventure got replaced with the sonic x anime theme song?
Gotta goo fassterr faster!
Still dissapointed with the theme we got for Sonic X in Europe.

It was legit just the name of the series repeated through the whole thing.

The series itself had some cool episodes doh.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Still dissapointed with the theme we got for Sonic X in Europe.

It was legit just the name of the series repeated through the whole thing.

The series itself had some cool episodes doh.
Lol. Like the dragon ball z one we got.

Dragon dragon .. dragon dragon... dragon ball zzzzz!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm indifferent to Chao.

Might go with SA2 anyway and suffer trying to get all of the emblems again.
:O Chao are so awesome. It was a big draw to the game for me. Though honestly the game itself was fun too.
It's too bad no other 3d sonic was like it.

Is sonic adventure 2 the best 3d sonic??

D

Deleted member

Ok, so I just got the news that we are doing a Kamen Rider Ex-Aid marathon on a gaming speculation Discord server I frequent and I'm genuiely excited for that.

Really positive Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen would be proud of me and all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder if the new Avengers game is an attempt at a Marvel Gaming Universe.

I would love for a Guardians game set in that universe and with that exact gameplay and story-driven plot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Famitsu issue is out and we have our Deltarune screenshot!

All in Japanese of course, but there's lots of info we can already see, will look up for a translation & post it here when I find it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Imagine seeing all the grumpy old Zora not be grumpy and old for a change...

...and more Young Sidon as well!
If there isn't a Zora in AoC that's old and grumpy I will demand... something!

Young Sidon... yeah guess I gotta replay BotW.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Looks nice, honestly.
Might wanna play it :)
Chapter 1 is avaible on the Eshop and is free, buuuut I'm guessing you already play it.

Still, there is a translation of soem of the bigger stuff, tho not everything, it's still prettyyyy good, here it is.

The general outline of all chapters is complete.

The first draft of all the cut-scene dialogue is complete.

They started development on Chapter 2 several months ago and development is going well.

Despite hurting his wrist 7 months ago, Toby and the team have been able to develop things at a faster pace than they did with Chapter 1 – all thanks to the support of his team.

They’re very confident in how the game’s progressing, but it’s still going to be a while before it’s all complete, though.
Tagging Aurane Aurane since I forgot on my previous post on the previous page, here is a better screenshot of it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok, so I just got the news that we are doing a Kamen Rider Ex-Aid marathon on a gaming speculation Discord server I frequent and I'm genuiely excited for that.

Really positive Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen would be proud of me and all.
Ooooooo tell me all your thoughts! Also, have a DQ meme
IMG_20200908_214216.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lost Tapes. Do you believe?

Lost Tapes. Bogeyman.

Lost Tapes: "Bogeyman"
Subject matter: Bogeyman
Summary: A college girl currently on Spring Break decides to invite her friends over for a sleepover like the good times when they were younger. That fun suddenly turning into terror when her trauma suddenly returns in the form of a childhood nightmare makes itself known that has unfinished business for her.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Chapter 1 is avaible on the Eshop and is free, buuuut I'm guessing you already play it.

Still, there is a translation of soem of the bigger stuff, tho not everything, it's still prettyyyy good, here it is.

Tagging Aurane Aurane since I forgot on my previous post on the previous page, we got that screenshot pal.
I haven't played it actually, thanks for the reminder. I have so many games to play lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom