• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hocotate meets Koppai! +1

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Striped said it well, you can try whistling or baiting an attack on stage by looking like you'll land, but using up-b into an aerial to punish his whiff.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
The ranking at Chile is updated :D.
Last update is today 29-Oct-2015.

I climbed from 50 to 23 position ^^ and if you can see, I'm the only Olimar main. (There is another Olimar but is a secondary character)
I hope you can feel proud of our Olimar / Alph players around the world as much as I am :D.

Last edited:

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Very nice, it must have taken you a lot of skill and effort to have such a drastic jump in your PR placing.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Yeah, personally I have to train hard the few time I have left, as you may already know: I work like 9 hours and I'm a father and husband.
But without pain there is no gain, so no excuses in my way to keep improving :D.

You guys are a fundamental part of my progress too :).

Slashster

Smash Rookie
Yeah, personally I have to train hard the few time I have left, as you may already know: I work like 9 hours and I'm a father and husband.
But without pain there is no gain, so no excuses in my way to keep improving :D.

You guys are a fundamental part of my progress too :).
Tell me about it xD I gotta study for exams that are coming up myself, so my time it pretty limited. But I'm improving really fast with the tips I get from you and others whenever I have time to post a match I have had ^^ I know for sure I wouldn't be making progress as much as I am without all of the feedback I get, so really everyone. Thanks a bunch!

Slashster

Smash Rookie
Setting up my stream now, I'll be doing viewer battles if any of you wanna stop by. Twitch.tv/myranssb
Nice, I will check it out =P
Sadly I can't play today.
I have a killer headache >_< ~And I wouldn't put it past myself that if I did play it wouldn't be the smoothest experience~

Last edited:

Jazzasaur

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingofSnorlax
3DS FC
1934-1786-2430
Hiya everyone, hope you're all having a great day! :bee:

Just been looking into playing Olimar/Alph and really enjoying playing as them! So I'd love to learn some stuff from the awesome people here and get to know the character and people here! ^^

Still early days for me though, only recently found out that his down b cycles through your Pikmin party haha.

Hope to join in on the conversations here and have some fun! :D

:003:

Last edited:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
MYRAN NOOO I was soo upset you lost to xaltis I was screaming at the TV Saturday and I'm still upset about it you deserved that win good stuff though I'm learning a ton watching you play

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Yeah, after MVD I really psyched myself out. I have poor technical consistency so tech errors happen more frequently than I'd like. As of late it's been affecting my psyche whenever big ones like the end of game one vs MVD happened. I'm working on fixing it, but I feel that cost me big against Xaltis as well.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
I didn't see the mvd fight but everytime xaltis up smashed I wanted to punch something it's like that's all you need to do to win as Rosa and it's hard to get away from her with how much aerial movement she has compared to us I don't see how this match-up is in our favor

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
It is, even by a small margin. It just requires a lot of patience and abuse of hitlag extension through Pikmin. Also you need to be ready to punish her hard when she's offstage. I was a bit rusty against Rosa as well which probably didn't help.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
I know downtilt at the ledge destroys her I wonder if there is a kill confirm off that with an up air at certain percentages
Also what's with the grabs wiffing after you shield her dash attack that garbage needs to be fixed it's like she floats over the grab

Anyway I'm learning a ton watching your past games keep up the good work!

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Gonna be going live in 15 @ twitch.tv/myranssb doing viewer battles. If you guys wanna learn anything about Olimar or just chat now is the perfect time to do so!

Jazzasaur

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingofSnorlax
3DS FC
1934-1786-2430
Gonna be going live in 15 @ twitch.tv/myranssb doing viewer battles. If you guys wanna learn anything about Olimar or just chat now is the perfect time to do so!
Awesome! I'll be giving your stream a follow. :)

A little late for the viewer battles, but maybe Ill get a chance another time, would love to learn stuff about Olimar and such!

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
So how did everyone enjoy Genesis 3, either attending or watching from home? I personally enjoyed the hell out of the tournament, and found it to be quite hype. Although I'm sad about no Olimars in top 32. For the record I was unable to attend.

Jazzasaur

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingofSnorlax
3DS FC
1934-1786-2430
So how did everyone enjoy Genesis 3, either attending or watching from home? I personally enjoyed the hell out of the tournament, and found it to be quite hype. Although I'm sad about no Olimars in top 32. For the record I was unable to attend.
Loved watching genesis 3's smash 64 tournament, was really awesome to watch!

Shame there wasn't any Olimars in top 32, really thought he'd have a chance. Loved debuzz's matches with zero, some really exciting stuff!

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Was happy to see Angbad and Imhip play Olimar, though Ness just seems like one of the worst matchups ever...

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Was happy to see Angbad and Imhip play Olimar, though Ness just seems like one of the worst matchups ever...
There's definitely worse than Ness out there lol. He's just one of those characters that you have to respect a lot more than usual since he kills so easily.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
In the interest of sparking any sort of activity here, I've found a neat 'n short one-shot SFW fanfic with feels that seems to take place within the middle of the Pikmin 1 days, written from the perspective of a few of the Family Man's countless Pikmin.

http://twin-cats.deviantart.com/art/6-Tears-556861075

Personally, I found it to be quite the occasion to fire up the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni OSTs for this one, specifically the Matsuri OST. :3

I LOVE it when I find occasions to use super-manly dance-fight songs like "Kaguramai", since its one of those songs that I can seriously imagine myself wanting to have actively blaring when folks are looking to finally get serious enough to figuratively throw down ALL the dueling gloves, so to speak. 8D

As someone who's looking for inspiration to continue the ambitiously-in-perpetual-development fic series, Shimmering Eyes, this COULD serve as quality reference material. ;)

Last edited:

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
http://challonge.com/es/rzskaxwz

I'm sorry guys. I just could get the 3rd place. I'm some disappointed of me and I'm sorry if I disappointed some of you u.u.

I lost against 2nd place (Sheik) and 1st Place (ZSS) u_u.

I practiced a lot against Sheik and I was confident, but my nerves mades me roll every time and I couldn't adapt to his game.

Against ZSS it was the pikmin desync issue... A purple didn't follow me up and I lost, was last hit game u.u.

I'm sad :(.

Sisma

Smash Rookie
http://challonge.com/es/rzskaxwz

I'm sorry guys. I just could get the 3rd place. I'm some disappointed of me and I'm sorry if I disappointed some of you u.u.

I lost against 2nd place (Sheik) and 1st Place (ZSS) u_u.

I practiced a lot against Sheik and I was confident, but my nerves mades me roll every time and I couldn't adapt to his game.

Against ZSS it was the pikmin desync issue... A purple didn't follow me up and I lost, was last hit game u.u.

I'm sad :(.
Congrats! You'll get 'em next time. Desyncs are such a pain at times.
I actually just went to my first local a few weeks ago. It was a 38-man tourney and I tied for 13th. Hopefully I can just keep improving.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Congrats! You'll get 'em next time. Desyncs are such a pain at times.
I actually just went to my first local a few weeks ago. It was a 38-man tourney and I tied for 13th. Hopefully I can just keep improving.
Thank you for your words, you are so kind.
And Yes! The only thing you can do is to improve your skills :D, there is no other way and I think you will do it great.
Don't ever give up :D

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
I might be able to go to my first regional on the 26th, and if I do I have spring break on the week of the 21st to prepare for it.

Sisma

Smash Rookie
I was gonna go to the local here in Appleton this weekend, but I have to play in a concert. :(

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Guys I just want to let you know I finally make it.
I defeated the Sheik player in my city and took the 1st place :D.
I'm so happy... I don't have more words.

Thank you every one of you who taught me something and gave me advice.

http://challonge.com/es/ygciqdyb

(For my bad luck the $%/&%/" replay recorded awfully so there aren't videos ._.)

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Guys I just want to let you know I finally make it.
I defeated the Sheik player in my city and took the 1st place :D.
I'm so happy... I don't have more words.

Thank you every one of you who taught me something and gave me advice.

http://challonge.com/es/ygciqdyb

(For my bad luck the $%/&%/" replay recorded awfully so there aren't videos ._.)
Good job, glad to see the hard work pay off.

Dalxp26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dalxp26
So im thinking of stepping into the "hyperbolic time chamber" and just straight grind and and work on character movement. What would you guys say is the best way to lab? For Glory? online wifi? vs CPUs?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
If not playing with real people I'd definitely say finding other good players you know to play wifi with. For Glory is hit or miss, and Anthers may help, but when climbing the ladder can also be hit or miss.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I have built my skills almost only playing wifi and for glory.
Tournaments and some few offline games are exams when wifi and for glory are study/learning for exams.
My homework is watching videos and learning other helpful stuffs.

That's because of my restriction of time at work and with my family.

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Man, I like Olimar and Pikmin a lot, but I am not sure I have much fun playing the character in this game. Still, he's on my list of characters of interest, and I think he may suit me well. Perhaps I will be posting here more in the near future :)

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Man, I like Olimar and Pikmin a lot, but I am not sure I have much fun playing the character in this game. Still, he's on my list of characters of interest, and I think he may suit me well. Perhaps I will be posting here more in the near future :)
I don't know if there's anything to post about in this sub-forum. It's been barely alive for the last few months. As soon as I stopped posting discussion prompts in the matchup thread, there hasn't been a lot of activity aside from the occasional post in this thread.

I mean, I tried to get a list of KO percentages for all characters for any notable attacks Oli has because some other character forums have that sort of thread, but there are so many colors to test that I kept dropping the project 10 characters in.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Not a very active board, huh? It's a pretty common thing. You guys participate in a Discord at all? Unless there isn't much left to discuss.

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
We have a Skype group that isn't very active nowadays.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Sorry to hear that. I can imagine the Olimar community is on the smaller side. As long as there are existing resources to work with, I'll be fine. That is, if I decide to play more Olimar. My Olimar is far from impressive as things stand, so I a unsure if I should pursue him any further.

Top Bottom