• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
This will be our ARMS rep:
e0ra8bmgx2p41.png

"HE HAS NO EYES WITH WHICH TO SEE, HIS EVERY WAKING MOMENT IS MISERY, HE HAS NO MOUTH AND HE WANTS TO SCREAM, HE ONLY WISHES IT WERE ALL A DREAM, NOW HE WANTS FOR YOU TO SHARE HIS ANGUISH, ALL YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS WILL BE VANQUISHED...."

"H E H A S A S C E N D E D! Y O U H A V E N O H O P E! G O D C A N N O T S A V E Y O U! R U N!"

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I feel like playing it safe is laughable after the last wave of DLC tbh lol.

I'm bracing for insane picks.
I mean, there's kind of a difference between getting a character who people were overlooking then a character people don't even know. Characters like Terry had every reason to be in discussion and Byleth was known even before we knew we were getting Smash DLC. This hypothetical character you're suggesting wouldn't even exist in the public eye, which would be a first in the series.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd personally yeet Loki out of there to get Venom in that team. Or Morbius if I get the DLC, since Venom's already a mainstay on mine.

Damn, sorry to hear, that. Hopefully the inhaler will help you at least.
I've grown used to Venom being a hero, so him being apart of team villains makes sense...but is also weird
I mean, Unlike say Byleth, this is a first party franchise that isn't represented already

And if it's Springman or one of the other ARMS characters with a spirit, this could open the door to characters that were once thought to be one and done like Geno or Waluigi
technically ARMS has representation already...but not the biggest one...until now
Pack It up contreras.

I found the perfect form of comedy gold ever conceived on a Spider-Man 1 Green Goblin compilation video:

View attachment 267276
Feel DaLove
The Steven Universe community after the finale hits:

Nah imma act worse
That don’t rhyme >:/
Mamboo is gonna do some time

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I've grown used to Venom being a hero, so him being apart of team villains makes sense...but is also weird

technically ARMS has representation already...but not the biggest one...until now

Feel DaLove

Nah imma act worse

Mamboo is gonna do some time
HUH!
MB
Mamboo!

I'm the Poyo Boyo of the bunch, you know me well.
I'm finally back, to kick some butt.
My cursed images, can fire in spurts, if I post ya, it's gonna hurt.
He's cuter, cursed and friendly too!
He's a great pal of the Smash Boards Crew HUH!

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Trying to draw Bayonetta and i've already run out of space after ten minutes
Stupid long legs reeee!!

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, there's kind of a difference between getting a character who people were overlooking then a character people don't even know. Characters like Terry had every reason to be in discussion and Byleth was known even before we knew we were getting Smash DLC. This hypothetical character you're suggesting wouldn't even exist in the public eye, which would be a first in the series.
Roy?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Roy was at least revealed in August 2001 at Spaceworld, which was three months before Melee's release. His game was known about for longer as it was announced under its tentative title Maiden of Darkness in August 2000. By comparison, it's less then three months from June and we don't even know if ARMs 2 even exists, so if we were to get this new character they'd be an even bigger out of nowhere addition to the roster.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Not sure if anyone posted this before but this is super impressive.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I feel like it's a 3 way split between Max Brass, Dr. Coyle, and Min Min for the Arms rep. I'm rly glad that people are starting to revisit the game, the announcement got me to finally crack open my unopened 2 year old copy of Arms and I really dig it.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Some ideas on a gimmick regarding a group of Pokemon fighters.

A Bug Catcher with Heracross, Pinsir, & Scizor(Bug).
A Black Belt with Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, & Hitmontop(and probably Tyrouge as well)
A Parasol Lady with Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, & Politoed.
An Aroma Lady with Ludiccolo, Shiftry, Breloom, & Roserade(Hoenn & Grass).
A Hex Maniac with Gengar, Dusclops, Banette, & Froslass(Ghost).
A Dragon Tamer with Dragonite, Flygon, Salamance, & Garchomp(Dragon).
A Steward with Unfezant, Braviary, Mandibuzz, & Swanna(Unova & Flying).
A Pokemon Ranger with Simisage, Simisear, & Simipour(yes).
A Fairy Tale Girl with Wigglytuff, Clefable, & Azumarril(and maybe Granbull?).
And a Poké Kid with Pikachu, Pikachu Libre, Pop Star Pikachu, & Pikachu Rock Star(Pikachu Legacy).

Even just one would do.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Leading up to the release of the game, an ARMs rep was one of the most highly requested characters.

When Byleth was announced, the two characters people were upset the most that Byleth got in "over' were Rex and an ARMS rep.

Now an ARMS rep is confirmed and people are pissed off and being ungrateful.

What gives?

Sakurai must be confused right now.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
IMG_20200326_213554.jpg

Seems every new game starts as a Mario spin off until someone says “Hey check out my OCs”
It's funny to think that Splatoon could have just been Mario Paintball and would have then been dismissed as yet another Mario sports spinoff soon after. Brand recognition only gets you so far I guess.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ministry of education straight-up canceled this semester and is switching to online schooling. So, I'm returning to the home in a few days.

It's been years since I last not stayed at a dorm during lessons. That's going to take some time getting used to.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My older sister invited me to her Animal Crossing Island, so I buried one of my skeletons behind her house and told her I left a present so she'd find it.

I'm starting to see why people like this game.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Leading up to the release of the game, an ARMs rep was one of the most highly requested characters.

When Byleth was announced, the two characters people were upset the most that Byleth got in "over' were Rex and an ARMS rep.

What gives?

Heck, I'M confused since I'm one of those who liked ARMS and wanted a rep in myself. I wonder if it's from people who wanted a different character not from Xenoblade or ARMS as the 6th rep. I have seen Xenoblade supporters who are happy with the ARMS Smash fighter news since it means there's a chance Rex and Pyra may still be able to get in.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
My older sister invited me to her Animal Crossing Island, so I buried one of my skeletons behind her house and told her I left a present so she'd find it.

I'm starting to see why people like this game.
Yeah, from what I've seen, being the absolute biggest wad possible is quite capable of inspiring laughing fits. Take a look for yourself!

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So Incineroar is menacing. Yeah he's really bad but I think that just adds to it. A character with strong attacks, a command grab and a counter that makes his next attack stronger make for a pretty wild character. And anyone who is actually willing to get good with such a low tier character is a forse to be reconned with.

D

Deleted member

Been working on the oputline of my novel 24/7, and to me, it's very refereshing to do it to keep my mind fresh off quarantine,.

Shroob

Sup?
So what’s Ash hatching? I bet Riolu:

Rumor had it a few weeks back that Ash gets a Riolu egg and this is likely it. Get ready for Lucario and the power of Aura
It's frankly shocking they're giving Ash a legitimately competent, and hell, powerful, team.

There's something surreal about Ash having a ****ING DRAGONITE AND GENGAR.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

What gives?

I've noticed almost nothing but optimism from Rex supporters now that ARMS is finally in the game, so I'm not really sure where the **** you're looking to come to a conclusion that we're "pissed off" and "ungrateful".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TV animation is typically 24 frames per second. So that would be the ideal, and slightly less of a headache. But many video style stuff like web cartoons and game cutscenes are 30 FPS. Usually people don't animate in 60 FPS, but it does matter for games since each frame is a moment that the player can interact with the game's mechanics/characters/whatever else.
Yeah, I know that, don’t worry, haha. I’ve been animating for a decent amount of time. If I didn’t know that, then oof. lol This is a game, which is a touch more inconsistent, so I just had to make sure. I appreciate the thought, though! :)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

What gives?

Those aren’t the same people. The people who complains about an ARMS character tend to be of the “Nintendo characters are bottom of the barrel, third party hype yeaaaaaahh!!” mentality.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I should be wasting my free time in New Horizons rn, it's why I bought it

but NAH, INSTEAD I'M SPENDING ALMOST ALL TIME CURRENTLY ONLINE GOING NUTS OVER THE SLIGHT PROBABILITY THAT ONE OF MY TOP 5 MOST WANTED CHARACTERS COULD BE GETTING IN, SPIRITS BE DARNED
hypecat.png

NOT TO MENTION THE FACT I'M PROBABLY GONNA BE PLAYING ARMS FOR A BIT NOW, THANKS TO THAT FREE TRIAL

I DIDN'T BOOT NEW HORIZONS A SINGLE TIME YESTERDAY

SO YEAH, MY SCHEDULE JUST GOT PRETTY WHACK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom