• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
........I really hate my family sometimes...

I REALLY HATE MY FAMILY SOMETIMES.
Mind explaining why or is it something you're not comfortable sharing? Sucks to hear either way, man.

Oh, and you might want to make a small edit for possible censor bypassing.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Damn, Xenoblade X REALLY needs to be ported to Switch my Wii U is ACTIVELY grinding under the stress of this monster.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
How come in Animal Crossing modern animals (and even Dodos) are like people, but dinosaurs were just normal ass dinosaurs? In fact, why is Megaloceros (a prehistoric deer) realistic but modern deer are anthropomorphic?

There’s lore to be uncovered here.
Well every so often, you can see a canary and an owl on the bulletin board throughout the day, so I'd imagine it's one of those "mixed sentience" sort of worlds. Don't dig yourself too deep into this sort of thing.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Mind explaining why or is it something you're not comfortable sharing? Sucks to hear either way, man.

Oh, and you might want to make a small edit for possible censor bypassing.
*sigh*

No...Just no. I'm going to bed...

Maybe I'll talk tomorrow...

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Tobias being my favorite character from Dragalia Lost, I wish we got a Byleth palette swap which looks somewhat like him. It wouldn’t make sense because Dragalia Lost isn’t even represented whatsoever and a FE palette swap makes no sense.
But I don’t care about all of that. It would look really cool and I would immediately main Byleth.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh my god I can’t believe we’re getting a female Doctor! Does anybody know when the next episode is coming?
Hahaha now i noticed my typo lol
But i fixed that now.

Anywho, season 12's finale gets really weird. I would say more about origin stories and stuff but spoilers.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm starting to get into Adventure Time. It's trippy as hell but entertaining.
You're merely scratching the surface, guv. It's possibly one of the most labyrinthine Cartoon Network shows in terms of setting, characters, and lore.

Simply put, you're gonna have a mathematical time. Curious to hear about your favorite episode so far!

Rizen

Smash Legend
You're merely scratching the surface, guv. It's possibly one of the most labyrinthine Cartoon Network shows in terms of setting, characters, and lore.

Simply put, you're gonna have a mathematical time. Curious to hear about your favorite episode so far!
I haven't finished season 1 but like the town of thieves episode where everyone was constantly stealing so far.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Why is writing so difficult? I know exactly what I'm trying to write, I've had the idea for months, but the second I put it on paper everything falls apart.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Why is writing so difficult? I know exactly what I'm trying to write, I've had the idea for months, but the second I put it on paper everything falls apart.
A tip I’ve found recently is if you’re stuck on a certain section, just put in a quick statement of what the part is supposed to be in brackets like [the hero cleverly escapes the villain’s trap] and come back to it later, that helps keep the writing momentum going.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A tip I’ve found recently is if you’re stuck on a certain section, just put in a quick statement of what the part is supposed to be in brackets like [the hero cleverly escapes the villain’s trap] and come back to it later, that helps keep the writing momentum going.
That'll work. One of my biggest problems when writing is that I feel the need to write chronologically. I've heard that it's generally considered a bad habit, and doing this will help break it

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Something to look forward.

Any news on Bayonetta 3 would be great but I'm also curious about the other projects they might have.
You mean Bayonetta might finally get an update?
1C94C2D5-6C93-45B5-8CFA-3D07DF4D9006.gif

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One thung I wish SwSh had more of is dungeons.

There's genuinely not a lot, like, there's the forest, route 8 and 9, and two caves (one of which is REALLY short), there's not much else.

I hope they add more in the DLC.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Gen 5 of Pokemon was weird. Every Pokemon generation I've been a part of feels like ancient history, including gen 6 and 7 but gen 5 I can remember almost everything that happened as if it happened yesterday.

One thung I wish SwSh had more of is dungeons.

There's genuinely not a lot, like, there's the forest, route 8 and 9, and two caves (one of which is REALLY short), there's not much else.

I hope they add more in the DLC.
That's the big general problem with modern Pokemon.

All the old games felt like you actually exploring the wilderness (or an rpg version of it at least) while the 3D games just feel like your constantly on a straight line.

They've had 3 gens to get this right and it just feels like the world's get less and less adventurous as the series progresses.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Gen 5 of Pokemon was weird. Every Pokemon generation I've been a part of feels like ancient history, including gen 6 and 7 but gen 5 I can remember almost everything that happened as if it happened yesterday.

That's the big general problem with modern Pokemon.

All the old games felt like you actually exploring the wilderness (or an rpg version of it at least) while the 3D games just feel like your constantly on a straight line.

They've had 3 gens to get this right and it just feels like the world's get less and less adventurous as the series progresses.
It's why I hate the "too much water" complaint about Gen III. When I was a kid, and still as an adult, I loved exploring the ocean because it felt like an ocean. Plenty of islands, the deep sea trenches and caves to explore, it felt big without feeling empty. Wild Pokemon encounters? Just use repels. That's what they're there for. So much of Hoenn was also really unique in that regard, like the soot-covered mountains, the (rather small) desert, and the rainy grasslands.

Gen IV also had some great locales that felt like it was a big and diverse landscape, like the snowy mountains or the marshlands. Gen V also had some great places, like the desert and all the urban environments.

Gen III, IV, and V all felt like huge advnetures compared to Kanto and Johto, which were relatively tame in terms of environments. The scenery or topography didn't really change, except for some caves and forests. You could tell with Hoenn that the Pokemon team stepped up their environment game. I didn't play X and Y, but I played Sun and Moon, and while the island environments were kinda cool, they were really limited by nature of just being islands. And from what I've seen in Sw/Sh, the Wild Area isn't very impressive.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It's why I hate the "too much water" complaint about Gen III. When I was a kid, and still as an adult, I loved exploring the ocean because it felt like an ocean. Plenty of islands, the deep sea trenches and caves to explore, it felt big without feeling empty. Wild Pokemon encounters? Just use repels. That's what they're there for. So much of Hoenn was also really unique in that regard, like the soot-covered mountains, the (rather small) desert, and the rainy grasslands.

Gen IV also had some great locales that felt like it was a big and diverse landscape, like the snowy mountains or the marshlands. Gen V also had some great places, like the desert and all the urban environments.

Gen III, IV, and V all felt like huge advnetures compared to Kanto and Johto, which were relatively tame in terms of environments. The scenery or topography didn't really change, except for some caves and forests. You could tell with Hoenn that the Pokemon team stepped up their environment game. I didn't play X and Y, but I played Sun and Moon, and while the island environments were kinda cool, they were really limited by nature of just being islands. And from what I've seen in Sw/Sh, the Wild Area isn't very impressive.
The wild area is the least of gen 8's problems in regards to the enviroment.
The towns are all barren with only like 1 or 2 houses each and the routes are just straight paths with hardly anything off to the side.

Unlike past gens which are just like how you described, it really seems like Gamefeeak truly cared about the series back then but whoever it was that designs the maps lost all their passion after gen 5.

Gen 6 was literally one giant hallway with Prism tower right at the center.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing I love about Gen 3's music is it feels like you're on an adventure almost all the time.

Which is the polar opposite of Gen 2, which has incredibly soft, mellow and almost sad sounding music, yet I adore it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Class says use Facebook Messenger for learning.

I'm the one with the slow laptop. Also could have been better things to use.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So I spent all night making a background for my phone. Dunno why I did it, but I did it alright.
6FCE9C91-2A03-40AE-AF96-674E7A25A525.jpeg
Might repost later, it’s 3 in the morning here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom