• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So at this point, is it safe to say that Amy is the 4th main character in the Sonic Franchise?

Because they really have been flip-flopping on who is 4th after Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, but then after things like Boom and Mega Drive (Vol 3 when?), Amy has been treated at the 4th member, so I guess...

She is?
I thought she always was?

So decided to scrap the my idea for the storyline of Injustice 3 since I doubt it'll be an crossover of He-Man like that comic. He-Man though is still an DLC guest character.

Here's my roster. Still in process.

Aquaman
Atrocitus
Batman
Black Canary
Blue Beetle
Cyborg
Harley Quinn
He-Man (DLC)
Firestorm
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Joker
Killer Croc
John Constantine
Liu Kang (DLC); Chances are they're probably gonna add another MK character. Liu Kang is likely the next one
Orca
Red Hood
Starfire
Superboy
Supergirl
Superman
Swamp Thing
Zatanna

Ideas are welcome btw. Who do you think would return and would be cut?
Spawn, Tommy Oliver (Green Ranger), and teenaged Ben 10.

I'm half joking.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So at this point, is it safe to say that Amy is the 4th main character in the Sonic Franchise?

Because they really have been flip-flopping on who is 4th after Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, but then after things like Boom and Mega Drive (Vol 3 when?), Amy has been treated at the 4th member, so I guess...

She is?
I mean, hasn't she always been the 4th member of the main crew?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Updated my list.

Aquaman
Atrocitus
Batman
Black Canary
Blue Beetle
Captain Boomerang
Cyborg
Deadshot
Harley Quinn
He-Man (DLC)
Etrigan
Firestorm
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Green Ranger (DLC)
Joker
Katana
Killer Croc
John Constantine
Johnny Cage (DLC)
Liu Kang (DLC)
Nightwing (Damian Wayne)
Orca
Penguin
Red Hood
Robin (Tim Drake)
Starfire
Superboy
Supergirl
Superman
Swamp Thing
Wonder Girl
Wonder Woman
Zatanna

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Weebs: "Japanese media has always been apolitical"

Japanese media:
You wanna know the absurdity of that scene?

Takeshi was ****ing thrown away kilometers from where the villains were, meaning that not only did he get to the location of the treasure faster than the Nazis, he had also dug it up, ran BACK TO THE PACIFIC (the city he was in is real tho, it borders the sea) to trash it, and then threw himself into the coffin while burying himself back up with the dirt to make it look like he hadn't touched it.

I don't even know if they were going for realism but it was pretty cool.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, hasn't she always been the 4th member of the main crew?
I thought she always was?
I mean, kinda? They really tried pushing Shadow as the Number 2 after Adventure 2 (consequently casting some cast members aside), but that didn't work. They tried to make Silver the number 3, but they failed to make him interesting, so now they're back to square one.

Maybe now it's easy to say she is number 4, but with the rise of new characters in the 3D era, it could get confusing.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Amy is #5, actually. Maybe #4 for like the Heroes side, but overall she's #5 because of Eggman.

but if we wanna go by when they technically first were made, Rosy the Rascal is #3 and Vector is #4

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh ****, I finally got one after all this time. It's Sturgeon farming island.

Time to make some ****ing cash.

Rizen

Smash Legend

She is?
No, you forgot Shadow.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Shadow has fallen out of relevancy ever since his eponymous game (though technically it was after 06 where we basically had squat for him). Amy is definitely more relevant and important to the franchise overall and especially nowadays than him.

You might've had an argument in the 2000s.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Shadow has fallen out of relevancy ever since his eponymous game (though technically it was after 06 where we basically had squat for him). Amy is definitely more relevant and important to the franchise overall and especially nowadays than him.

You might've had an argument in the 2000s.
He referred to the Sonic franchise and Shadow's a lot more relevant than Amy.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'd heavily disagree.

Shadow was only relevant in SA2, Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, 06, and now Forces.

Amy has CD, Adventure, SA2 even if she wasn't playable she was extremely relevant in terms of plot, Heroes, 06, Boom, Unleashed, Lost World, and Forces. Hell, she even had some attention from the Mania shorts.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing Overwatch
>comes out of spawn with team
>stops for a brief moment to check phone
>hears a quad kill from enemy Lucio

Holy **** that could have been me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'd heavily disagree.

Shadow was only relevant in SA2, Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, 06, and now Forces.

Amy has CD, Adventure, SA2 even if she wasn't playable she was extremely relevant in terms of plot, Heroes, 06, Boom, Unleashed, Lost World, and Forces. Hell, she even had some attention from the Mania shorts.
Shadow was in Boom, although not playable. Shadow had his own solo game, titled after him. He's been a final boss. Amy wasn't even playable in most of the games you mentioned. Tell me when they make an Amy the Hedgehog game.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Shadow's relevancy means nothing when matched with the fact that he is, without a doubt, one of the most popular, if not THE most popular, Sonic characters ever. Shadow was the one Sonic character I felt like had a sliver of a chance because he could've worked as an echo but he missed that boat.

Maybe in an Ultimate Deluxe when that inevitably happens in the next 3 years or so. But it will be Shadow before anyone else... especially Amy.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
so are the three villagers you set up tents for the same three Villager you meet on deserted islands (even if you didn't invite them?)? I hope not, there was only one island one I liked enough to invite.

D

Deleted member

Here’s a render I did for a chap! Learned depth of field and boy am I glad I did.
0DC40DAA-522F-4A7A-93EC-2D65B4E0B301.jpeg

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What's everyone's opinion on season 12 of doctor who, spoiler free?

Im halfway finished and so far I think it's a big step up from s11.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Shadow's relevancy means nothing when matched with the fact that he is, without a doubt, one of the most popular, if not THE most popular, Sonic characters ever. Shadow was the one Sonic character I felt like had a sliver of a chance because he could've worked as an echo but he missed that boat.

Maybe in an Ultimate Deluxe when that inevitably happens in the next 3 years or so. But it will be Shadow before anyone else... especially Amy.
xD Ah, reminds me of the time where I used to have Shadow as my favorite Sonic character, I think thanks to me watching Sonic X before going to school. He was my favorite after I had changed from Tails to Amy and then him. But it wasn't until I slowly but surely grew fond of Silver that I put him aside and stayed with Silvs ever since. xD Not that I have anything against "edgy" characters (Hell, Shay -looks- "edgy" and Tempest Shadow from MLP also does), but there was something on Silver's design of fluffy adorableness and the fact that just like other cases I have had where the character is an underappreciated underdog, I just couldn't stay with Shadow any longer.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
LAWL

To be fair, I don't think the first shattering was intentional. He was basically out of his mind with power, and probably didn't realize his attacks would do enough damage to shatter Jasper.

The second attempt, though...regardless of whether he was taking his rage out on White Diamond or himself, either way it was fully ****ing intentional. Steven. Needs. Help.

That would be an interesting switch around since he's basically in as much turmoil, anger and grief as Spinel was in during the course of the movie. The way they lash out at people with all those pent-up emotions differs in several ways, though.

Remember when Steven never considered shattering someone for even a second no matter how bad they were? How the mighty have fallen...

I agree regarding Spinel. And I'm also glad the writers made it a point to show that the Diamonds have actually been doing everything in their power (literally) to help Gems and undo the damage they've done to atone for their centuries of horrendous actions. It shows they really have changed for the better and may actually deserve the second chances they received. A lot of fans and critics alike complained about that, and I was kinda on their side. So yeah, I appreciated that detail.

Spinel's been doing so much good for Homeworld and it's clear she's really recovered mentally and emotionally, at least. I thought if any single person could help him recover from all this ****, it would be her, but sadly she doesn't seem to realize just how bad Steven has it right now. Maybe it's partly because she's more or less back to being her old-self, but I think the main reason is that, after everything Steven went through in that movie just to help her and get her to change for the better, and still come out with a content, positive-outlook in the end, she can't possibly imagine how someone like him has sunken to a point as low as she did previously. May she please come back for the grand finale.
I think it’s less Spinel didn’t understand, more she has no way too. She was created as a playmate and did just that till she was abandoned. Steven is the only person who gave her advice and help. And she took his words to heart. But that’s all she knew. So she lives by his words. Having known of Homeworld in the past she probably knew it needed a lot of work after she came back.

It’s also that Steven can’t process his own thoughts let alone His own advice to help himself right now.

Steven Universe Future:

The look on Jasper's face when Steven tells her off along with the Crystal Gems, though:

That was something else. We've practically never seen her looking this hurt or heartbroken before. This even puts her expression around the ending of Earthlings to shame. That's genuine sadness and pain, right there. And she feels it because she finally found someone she could respect and follow. Someone she pledge allegiance to and aid now that the Diamonds' Era is over and the truth of Pink Diamond is out, because she's one of the only active Gems left who still believes in the old ways of Homeworld. And just when she thought she finally found her new purpose, Steven tells her she can't help him and just tells her to go do something better with her life for once. She was utterly rejected by the one person she thought had given her a purpose again, and it happened mere moments after she had seemingly found that purpose, no less.

For as quick as it was, this was a damn powerful scene.
I felt the same. It was really sad in all honestly. She finally connected to someone and even if she still would be worshipping someone, Jasper could have easily grown into an individual like we’ve seen with all the other gems, if Steven helped her. She’s with the gems now so maybe she will get to talk things out and realizing some things of her own too. I imagine she has a good part to play in the finale.

Im thinking she will probably end up being a teacher a little homeschool in the end. Hope we see her and Lapis in a scene. One where she could realize how wrong she was and move on.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Although Ash, Fujin and Sheeva are pretty much confirmed at this point given the datamine last year figured I'd share this for fellow Mortal Kombat fans.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So regarding Injustice 3. I'm pretty certain these will be the DLC guest characters.

He-Man
Green Ranger (Tommy Oliver)
Johnny Cage
Liu Kang

D

Deleted member

Well, It may just be 0:01am of March 26th in my island, but still...

WE HAVE FINALLY ENTERED THE DAY

My hype is so big right now!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

She is?
yes...and no I guess
Updated my list.

Aquaman
Atrocitus
Batman
Black Canary
Blue Beetle
Captain Boomerang
Cyborg
Deadshot
Harley Quinn
He-Man (DLC)
Etrigan
Firestorm
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Green Ranger (DLC)
Joker
Katana
Killer Croc
John Constantine
Johnny Cage (DLC)
Liu Kang (DLC)
Nightwing (Damian Wayne)
Orca
Penguin
Red Hood
Robin (Tim Drake)
Starfire
Superboy
Supergirl
Superman
Swamp Thing
Wonder Girl
Wonder Woman
Zatanna
Tim Drake is dead, so...not likely to be in Injustice 3
Amy is #5, actually. Maybe #4 for like the Heroes side, but overall she's #5 because of Eggman.

but if we wanna go by when they technically first were made, Rosy the Rascal is #3 and Vector is #4
Vector HYPE
relevancy ain’t important

He’s definitely still the 2nd most popular character, behind Sonic of course, but at this point I think every Smash newcomer SEGA gets will be from a different game series (I mean...Shadow has 2 chances to be playable, and instead Bayonetta got the call in 4 while Joker “stole” an invitation to join Ultimate)
Well, It may just be 0:01am of March 26th in my island, but still...

WE HAVE FINALLY ENTERED THE DAY

My hype is so big right now!
my stupid ass really expected the dlc to drop today...and I’m still trying to figure out what happened to the normal Gwenom costume

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom