• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
You know what? Something came into my mind.

Why is the Pokeball the only item to represent Pokemon? They weren't other items they could use?
Pokemon has a lot of weird representation. There's barely any representation for anything but the Pokemon themselves. The only trainers referenced are Red, Leaf, Team Rocket grunt, and technically Diantha. Not a lot. No items, no spinoffs, the list goes on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At least I have no plans beyond work tomorrow. So it'll be nice after I get home. Then again, I may be home early anyway. I got let out 4 hours early due to how slow we were, too many people, and because Coronavirus means "probably not busy enough anyway". Going to be nuts, I'd say. Thankfully we have lots of food at home. Just need more Milk at times, heh.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Anyone think we'll be getting more details of Shantae and the Seven Sirens? I haven't really been caught with the game awhile.

Don't know what else to expect for Indie World.
WayForward seldomly, if ever features their stuff for Indie World, IIRC.

I've definitely been quite eager to learn more about the game and when it actually releases, though...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Though it's incredibly unlikely, I'll continue to pray for Cave Story 2 to show up in one of these indie directs.

D

Deleted member

I just had a video chat with one of my IRL friends.

They are really bored too during these days.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Eh, you're probably right.

Though, I can see Leftovers, slowly healing yourself for a while.

X Battle Items could raise your stats.
The problem with those is that they don't really have an iconic design.

The only thing I could really see working is maybe a Rare Candy that temporarily boosts stats, but even that would look pretty generic.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The only trainers referenced are Red, Leaf, Team Rocket grunt, and technically Diantha. Not a lot. No items, no spinoffs, the list goes on.
To be fair, there was some representation of more humans and Pokemon Snap in Melee as well as trophies of the XY Trainers and Sycamore in For 3DS.

And also the Detective Pikachu spirit.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
The problem with those is that they don't really have an iconic design.

The only thing I could really see working is maybe a Rare Candy that temporarily boosts stats, but even that would look pretty generic.
Does it matter if they're not iconic?

remember, the Freezie from Mario Bros. for the Arcade and NES was an item. Who remembers that?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Does it matter if they're not iconic?

remember, the Freezie from Mario Bros. for the Arcade and NES was an item. Who remembers that?
Freezies have a distinct design that wouldn't be confused for anything else like the suggested candies would be. In your case of Leftovers, you'd need to make it distinct of every other food item in the game. Not to mention Pokeballs are just fine as only if you count each summon as an individual mon, then Pokemon has had the most items in every game

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So still been playing Three Houses. And I notice I'm occasionally staring at Byleth because she is pretty and I wanna wear everything she wears. But I'm also majorly jealous. Particularly of that big chest of hers...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the direct finally seems to be on the horizon? Looking forward to it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So still been playing Three Houses. And I notice I'm occasionally staring at Byleth because she is pretty and I wanna wear everything she wears. But I'm also majorly jealous. Particularly of that big chest of hers...
I'm majorly jealous of Byleth's ability to give absolutely zero ****s in any given situation, what an icon.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else feel really tired but also energetic at the same time?

That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now, ngl.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I'm majorly jealous of Byleth's ability to give absolutely zero ****s in any given situation, what an icon.
Eh. I wouldn't really admire either a lack of emotions or difficulty to show them. I do really relate to her though through that second option.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So unless I get sick, my work schedule is still the same, though if I do they’re recommending we stay home though they’re willing to work out payment that doesn’t take up sick or vacation time so I’m glad for that. We’re even tasked with bleaching and sanitizing the downtown area in response.

The only trainers referenced are Red, Leaf, Team Rocket grunt, and technically Diantha.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Purchased a couple of 3DS games on sale within the e-shop in the past few days including Radiant Historia which is oddly enough a very interesting game.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since the place I work at never closes, I'm still stuck with my Monday through Friday 6 AM to 2 PM shift.

But hey, what can you do?

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Dude just should of rewinded to the start of the map instead of five seconds before. What a fool.
That's actually a good point. Since in all cutscene uses they only rewind a few seconds back, I assume that's how strong it actually is. Most of my uses are for very recent mistakes anyway so it would make sense.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So my brother and sister in law are gonna self isolate themselves at her grandma's house (Who isn't home) for the next two weeks. Hopefully they won't have it because they'll be fine but still isn't fun being sick.

Also in other news Idris Elba has been tested positive. He'll likely be fine too given his age but still again as stated above wish him an fine recovery as sick isn't fun.

D

Deleted member

That's actually a good point. Since in all cutscene uses they only rewind a few seconds back, I assume that's how strong it actually is. Most of my uses are for very recent mistakes anyway so it would make sense.
It's very selective I noticed. Sothis can be rather fickle about it. For example, I can rewind from the end of the map all the way to the very beginning, but god forbid I mess up tea time

comic629.png

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I binged Beastars last night on Netflix. It's odd, but I like it. The animation is really good for it's style. Probably might see if I can read some of the manga.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
People are panic buying a little too much here. It's reached ridiculous levels.
It the situation almost everywhere. Here in the US I have heard of it and then confirmed by my relatives. In Mexico, I BELIEVE it might not be as much unless it is a Border city, because apparently, now that food is running out in stores, people are crossing the border to...empty more shelves. (I only heard) I mean, I know it is an state of emergency, but they are not the only ones going through this. What worries many the most are the elder people. Honestly the idea of them barely finding any food or anything they need is saddening to think of.

D

Deleted member

Once I actually sit down and think about it, my obsession with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is pretty weird considering the fact I haven't played any of the games and know next to nothing about them, other than their names.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
It the situation almost everywhere. Here in the US I have heard of it and then confirmed by my relatives. In Mexico, I BELIEVE it might not be as much unless it is a Border city, because apparently, now that food is running out in stores, people are crossing the border to...empty more shelves. (I only heard) I mean, I know it is an state of emergency, but they are not the only ones going through this. What worries many the most are the elder people. Honestly the idea of them barely finding any food or anything they need is saddening to think of.
That's fear mongering for you. OMG scary spooky virus... that isn't deadly for much of the population and is easily avoided...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just found out I'm gonna have to do work-at-home Fridays until the virus calms down, so I'm essentially gonna have a whole day of New Horizons all to myself.

Friday can't come soon enough.

Shroob

Sup?
Indie Direct huh?

Just like that one dude said

Not going to get my hopes up, but we could finally be on the verge of an actual Direct.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Indie Direct huh?

Just like that one dude said

Not going to get my hopes up, but we could finally be on the verge of an actual Direct.
Indie direct? When? And what does it have to do with getting an actual direct was there some rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom