• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah... Animal Crossing Direct stuff

Figured we'd get something on it eventually and... apparently "eventually" is Thursday

While I would've heavily preferred a General Direct, an AC Direct is fine too

Happy for the AC fans, but personally I don't care about it so it's a meh from me

Kinda curious how they're gonna fill up 25 mins, but I'm not waking up at 9 AM to find out lol

It's on my 1/2 birthday too, so that's kinda nifty

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve got some leaks for you all for the direct.

It opens with a trailer of villager get off the plane and doing a pose.

Soon more and more neighbors keep getting off the plane too. We even see the return of everyone’s favorite snake.

And we even get the return of dodrio.

With the game being advertised as everyone is here!

Next we get another trailer. This time villager wearing the Samus helmet, is accompanied by two friends dressed as Mario and mega man respectively. They are exploring the secret museum basement when all of a sudden their new neighbor, Ridley shows up! Won’t spoil the rest but it gets pretty dark!

We also get to see several additional new neighbors.

This includes Simon the Snake, Richter the rattlesnake( simon’s echo neighbor)

King K Cool the toad,
Dark Villager( villagers echo neighbor),
Chrom the Chameleon,
Daisy the Donkey,
Inkwell The Octopus again
Ken The Kangaroo( Ryu the Red Kangaroo’s echo fighter)
Incenroar the Tiger
And Plantty the Potted Plant.

There’s also a special neighbors pass with five more new neighbors. These are:

Joker the Jaguar
Hero the Horse
Banjo and Kazooie from Banjo and Kazooie
Terry the Tasmanian Devil
And Byleth The Boar.

My source heard of a second pass but the only name they knew right now was Crash Bandicoot from Crash Bandicoot.

Enjoy the direct!

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I’ve got some leaks for you all for the direct.

It opens with a trailer of villager get off the plane and doing a pose.

Soon more and more neighbors keep getting off the plane too. We even see the return of everyone’s favorite snake.

And we even get the return of dodrio.

With the game being advertised as everyone is here!

Next we get another trailer. This time villager wearing the Samus helmet, is accompanied by two friends dressed as Mario and mega man respectively. They are exploring the secret museum basement when all of a sudden their new neighbor, Ridley shows up! Won’t spoil the rest but it gets pretty dark!

We also get to see several additional new neighbors.

This includes Simon the Snake, Richter the rattlesnake( simon’s echo neighbor)

King K Cool the toad,
Dark Villager( villagers echo neighbor),
Chrom the Chameleon,
Daisy the Donkey,
Inkwell The Octopus again
Ken The Kangaroo( Ryu the Red Kangaroo’s echo fighter)
Incenroar the Tiger
And Plantty the Potted Plant.

There’s also a special neighbors pass with five more new neighbors. These are:

Joker the Jaguar
Hero the Horse
Banjo and Kazooie from Banjo and Kazooie
Terry the Tasmanian Devil
And Byleth The Boar.

My source heard of a second pass but the only name they knew right now was Crash Bandicoot from Crash Bandicoot.

Enjoy the direct!
Man I can't wait for the addition of echo neighbors

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai column is leaking. He claims there are no more plans for ultimate after this pass:

Why were those 4 slots added the same time as this passes slot then? Hmmm

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Sakurai column is leaking. He claims there are no more plans for ultimate after this pass:

That's a shame, I was hoping for three. We were lucky to even get a second pass though tbh.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Sakurai could've just said we're getting 6 more characters again and I still would feel hyped.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's a shame, I was hoping for three. We were lucky to even get a second pass though tbh.
People will still bank on a Season 3 due to changing plans
I mean it could happen. After all those slots are still there, the pass is two years out from completion, so hinting or announcing a third pass atm wouldn’t make sense, and if Nintendo rakes in that sweet money, they’ll definitely try to convince sakurai to do it all again.

Of course that doesn’t mean it will happen, but it’s not of question yet.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Reading into the thread he calls the next set of characters 'the last six fighters', so it does seem that he's approaching this next Fighter Pass with a sense of finality to it. It may not hold as plans change, but I think for now it should be treated as the last set until we learn otherwise.

I have to say this just to be clear:

Star Fox Adventures was strange and kind of stiff. No amount of dinosaurs in the game will change that :yoshi:
Yeah, even as someone who enjoyed the game I'll admit it was kind of awkward in areas. You can definitely tell when there's two different franchises mixing together as some things from Star Fox do not fit well with Dinosaur Planet, whereas some things got hit hard thanks to the Microsoft buyout forcing Rare to rush the game towards the end. Even when I was playing as a kid with little familiarity with either games I noticed both at times and I'm still upset over General Scales, and I imagine for fans of either franchise those issues would've been even worse for them.

That said, warts and all, I still did enjoy it.

leppy

Smash Cadet
Reading into the thread he calls the next set of characters 'the last six fighters', so it does seem that he's approaching this next Fighter Pass with a sense of finality to it. It may not hold as plans change, but I think for now it should be treated as the last set until we learn otherwise.

Yeah, even as someone who enjoyed the game I'll admit it was kind of awkward in areas. You can definitely tell when there's two different franchises mixing together as some things from Star Fox do not fit well with Dinosaur Planet, whereas some things got hit hard thanks to the Microsoft buyout forcing Rare to rush the game towards the end. Even when I was playing as a kid with little familiarity with either games I noticed both at times and I'm still upset over General Scales, and I imagine for fans of either franchise those issues would've been even worse for them.

That said, warts and all, I still did enjoy it.
General Scales was never the final boss, before the switch that title went to Drakor.
Also, 100hz gameplay is the best. I'm very glad I have the monitor I do.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace

Oh no.

I can feel it.

The fear.

IT'S SETTLING IN!!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People are freaking out that there may only be 6 fighters left, yet having 11 total DLC is honestly more then I expected or could ask for.

Besides, it's a bit early to start mourning the end of Smash Bros DLC when we don't even know the first fighter of pass number 2, isn't it?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Back from being too lazy to log into SB for the last few days Hawaii, did I miss much here?

Also AC direct hype woo so long as I can get out of this three hour meeting with a client

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

Goes without saying but Granblue says trans rights, quite literally

I don’t know how I really feel about the first 100% openly trans character in a fighting game being big, burly, sharp jawed, and voiced by a cis man. Like.... all that kind of negates any progress or “saying trans rights” they were trying to do. Like if the first African American fighting game character looked like a dude in blackface.

D

Deleted member

Ohayo gozaimasu! A new Ultimate tournament begins later this weekend...eh, if you want. The theme is built around the characters/stages that debuted in the 1990s.

That is all I wanted to share. With that, I shall be absent from this site for one whole week.

Sayonara! :ness:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With the base game giving us 74 characters with 103 stages and DLC giving us 12 characters with 11 stages, no DLC beyond Fighters Pass Vol. 2 doesn't surprise me at all.

D

Deleted member

EDITING IS NEARLY DONE HELL YEAH

It isn't gonna be super pretty, like I said last night, but it'll get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom