• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

OK, two thing about the Mini Direct:

First one:

TORNA-LIKE CAMPAIGN AFTER YOU BEAT XB1 OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
View attachment 267081
and second

ARMS Reps??? I thought this franchise didn't do very well? That, and it's not just Spring Man?? What the heck is going on?!?
My thoughts exactly, honestly. lol Like, I guess it did well, but an arms rep isn’t to “hype.”

EDIT: That doesn’t make an arms rep a bad choice, it’s just a bit odd to me, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
ARMS Reps??? I thought this franchise didn't do very well? That, and it's not just Spring Man?? What the heck is going on?!?
It did well, just because it wasn't a Splatoon level of success doesn't mean it flopped. Doing as well as Splatoon did as a new IP is extremely difficult.

Granted it's not too terribly exciting but at least it probably won't be Spring-Man if they're gonna be all like "Who's it gonna be?"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Took the dogs for their usual morning walk. Seems Sophie might had cut herself that or maybe salt on the road? Had to treat it. No longer bleeding, she should be fine.

D

Deleted member

>When the hype day finally happened, everyone you care about is happy and so are you

It makes me feel so alive to see such many people happy.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
ARMS IN SMASH LIVES BAYBEE

Now, question is simply who the fighter is. Ribbon Girl seems the most likely. I'm very much excited because I always thought ARMS deserved a playable character. June is a long ways away, BUT WE HAVE SPECULATION MATERIAL NOW.

D

Deleted member

ARMS IN SMASH LIVES BAYBEE

Now, question is simply who the fighter is. Ribbon Girl seems the most likely. I'm very much excited because I always thought ARMS deserved a playable character. June is a long ways away, BUT WE HAVE SPECULATION MATERIAL NOW.
I’d think Springman is most likely. Now, that being said, Ribbon Girl would be really cool.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The spirit argument is about to be btfo.

First of all, this image is now mine.

Second
It did well, just because it wasn't a Splatoon level of success doesn't mean it flopped. Doing as well as Splatoon did as a new IP is extremely difficult.

Granted it's not too terribly exciting but at least it probably won't be Spring-Man if they're gonna be all like "Who's it gonna be?"
With how some peoples can exaggerated how "dead" a game or series most of the time, it's a bit hard to tell sometime, but hey, thanks for informing me on that.

Now, who's going to be ARMS Rep, are they going to include mutliple characters as alt? How are they going to play? etc... So many questions now.

ALSO, IF SPRING MAN GET IN, THAT MEAN ASSIST TROPHY AREN'T OUT OF THE TABLE FOR THE PASS. :4larry:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh yes.

Today is gonna be a really wonderful day for many of us.

I am confident of It.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I’d think Springman is most likely. Now, that being said, Ribbon Girl would be really cool.
I would say so too if he weren't an assist trophy. I DO think he is the next most likely honestly, I do think there is a good possibility that the assist trophy rule dies in June, but I don't want to assume. Him and Ribbon Girl are both mascots of the franchise, so with him in his current position, I find Ribbon Girl to be the most likely.

D

Deleted member

I would say so too if he weren't an assist trophy. I DO think he is the next most likely honestly, I do think there is a good possibility that the assist trophy rule dies in June, but I don't want to assume. Him and Ribbon Girl are both mascots of the franchise, so with him in his current position, I find Ribbon Girl to be the most likely.
Ooh yeah, he is, isn’t he?

In that case, yeah, definitely Ribbon Girl.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think I'm one of the three people that would be excited for Spring-Man. Though, "a character from ARMS" makes me think it'll be multiple characters in one slot... which could work but not sure how they'd handle the personalities.

Anyway, I didn't see that coming at all but ARMS fans kinda deserved it. And ARMS music in Smash will be awesome. Btw, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , I hope Mimmin would be playable.

D

Deleted member

I think I'm one of the three people that would be excited for Spring-Man. Though, "a character from ARMS" makes me think it'll be multiple characters in one slot... which could work but not sure how they'd handle the personalities.

Anyway, I didn't see that coming at all but ARMS fans kinda deserved it. And ARMS music in Smash will be awesome. Btw, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , I hope Mimmin would be playable.
Nah Osby, I am quite excited for an Arms rep too!

They seem to be characters who would be fun to play as with their stretchy arms and such.

And yeah, hopefully we do get Mimmin for Ramen!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
THEY FINALLY CONFIRM IT, ALVIS IS ONTOS.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
THEY FINALLY CONFIRM IT, ALVIS IS ONTOS.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
View attachment 267087
makes sense to me, it's the only one not shown and the only other guy who is actually a computer the whole time

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, best gift to get when you just came back from a walk in the plaine.

'can't wait to see theories about the new epilogue for XB1.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
ARMS eh? Seems like our predictions have been thrown off an loop once more. The madman Sakurai did it yet again. No surprise.

Who it could be? I'm thinking the Bowser Jr. treatment tbh.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I myself considered the possibility that we get something akin to Bowser Jr. where each costume slot is a different ARMs character. A lot of them share the same body type, so it could work.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I myself considered the possibility that we get something akin to Bowser Jr. where each costume slot is a different ARMs character. A lot of them share the same body type, so it could work.
"Share the same body type."
Except for Master Mummy and Mechanica.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Guys FP6 is definitely Crash. Trust me guys, the last time they changed their plans without telling me I promise guys.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've only played the demo of ARMS, but I'm certainly glad it's going to be a Nintendo character. I was worried it was going to be all third-parties. This doesn't technically deconfirm Spirits, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't Spring Man or Ribbon Girl. Twintelle would be who I prefer.

D

Deleted member

give me Spider-Man for Smash you cowards
Fantastic Four in Smash would be awesome!

They could be like Pokémon Trainer or Videl in DBFZ!!!

We would have a lot of great music including the awesome Silver Surfer NES OST by Tim Follin and Marvel vs Capcom bops!

Heck! The Spirit battle, alternate costume and stage potential with them would be huge!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hold the **** up

Who are those two Nopons, what is this sort of "tower-mountain" on the right and why Melia weapon look like a Blade(XB2)?

Bruuuuuuuh, so many questions, my brain can't handle all of them.:drfacepalm:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hold the **** up

Who are those two Nopons, what is this sort of "tower-mountain" on the right and why Melia weapon look like a blade?

Bruuuuuuuh, so many questions, my brain can't handle all of them.:drfacepalm:
It comes out this Spring right?

Hopefully I manage to pick enough money for It!

Noipoi

Howdy!
i really don’t mean to come off as salty, but a whole lotta **** is going down right now. All I really want is to know if there are some Nintendo games I can look forward to, something to take my mind off current affairs. But it looks like that won’t happen anytime soon.

/rant
Look at this ****in moron lmao

D

Deleted member

Look at this ****in moron lmao
Bro, I'm just glad you finally got something you wanted!

Many of us deserve something we want for once when we seriously feel bad and want anything to help us keep forward!

And man... I am legit deeply happy you got It!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like it's gonna be Min Min. She DID win the most Party Crashes (out of all she was in, she only lost one), she is one of the most popular character in the franchise, and plus, she can use her legs as well, mix things up.

And before one can say her last win was too recent, she won the last one shirtly after Banjo amd Hero were announced, and before Hero released

Noipoi

Howdy!
An ARMS rep is cool. Didn’t expect that, it means more first parties and it gives people who want characters from series that have assists/spirits hope. Better be Min-Min or Helix.

But..we still know basically nothing about their first party output for the year :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom