• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Can't wait for Odyssey 2 with a playable Peach like Jon has been saying scheduled for the holidays.

This is probably, along with Paper Mario, the predictions/rumors I hope happen the most.

Also, give us ****ing playable Peach in SMM2, you cowards! It wouldn't feel right if we get Samus and Toadette but not Peach, the OG Nintendo gal herself. She's not even part of that one Mode where you have to save her at the end anymore so there's no excuse.

Let. Her. Be. Playable.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also, on the whole “he should admit he’s a leaker so we know to believe him” thing.

I don’t think he cares wether or not we believe him lol

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I came up with this at three in the morning don’t judge

View attachment 258761
A moves:
I hadn’t put that much into these, but I figured that aside from grabbing Cinderace wouldn’t use it’s hands to attack. Like a soccer player. Feet, elbows, head, just no hands.

It wouldn’t have a rapid jab, but it’s jab would be two quick knee strikes and a burning kick to finish. All it’s aerials would involve kicking in various directions, except it’s neutral air which has it catch its whole body on fire and flail about.

It’s pummel would be small knee strikes. It’s forward throw is a sharp kick forwards, it’s back throw has it toss you over and kick you backwards, it’s up throw has it toss you upwards as it head it’s you skyward, and it’s down throw has it throw you down and trample you with burning feet.

The specials:

It’s neutral special is Pyro Ball.

Cinderace will kick a large fire ball forwards. The ball will fly until it reaches the ground, then it’ll bounce a few times along the floor and dissipate. Anyone hit by the first strike will take big damage and knock back, anyone hit with the ball as it bounces will take some damage, but no knock back.

Side special: Fire Spin.

Cinderace will rapidly spin until it becomes a fire tornado, moving left or right depending on your input. Anyone hit by the tornado as it starts spinning will be damaged greatly, anyone hit as it moves will be damaged, but not as much. However anyone hit with the fire spin will take residual fire damage for a few seconds.

Up Special: Bounce.

Cinderace, true to its rabbit origins, will bounce upwards headfirst. Anyone hit by the initial head butted will be damaged, but the remaining ascent and descent don’t do any damage.

Down Special: Blaze Kick.

Cinderace leaps up a short distance, but then immediately launches down with a leg engulfed in flame. It spikes off stage.

Final Smash: Gigantamax.

Cinderace transforms into its floppy eared gigantamax form. It kicks it’s giant ball and sends it crashing down onto the stage like a meteor.

That’s all I’ve got so far. I tried to emphasize the speed of the character. I want it to be a “get in close, do big damage, and get out” as it’s moves are most affective when you’re close. But it also has a risk, as Cinderace is kinda frail and can be launched rather easily.

So yeah, it’ll probably be completely different if when Cinderace gets in. But that’s my moveset.
View attachment 258764
Not bad at all dude! Seems pretty on brand for him. Do you think there’s any way to incorporate Court Change into his moves?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also you can be in denial all you want. Byletth and Pokémon selling as the fastest selling switch game automatically guarantees it a spot because it’s a big money maker.

You might not like it, but it’s the truth.

In other words:
1579471978416.png

Baboom win!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Can't wait for Odyssey 2 with a playable Peach like Jon has been saying scheduled for the holidays.

This is probably, along with Paper Mario, the predictions/rumors I hope happen the most.

Also, give us ****ing playable Peach in SMM2, you cowards! It wouldn't feel right if we get Samus and Toadette but not Peach, the OG Nintendo gal herself. She's not even part of that one Mode where you have to save her at the end anymore so there's no excuse.

Let. Her. Be. Playable.
I have her playable in my Paper Mario game if that helps...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not bad at all dude! Seems pretty on brand for him. Do you think there’s any way to incorporate Court Change into his moves?
I really thought about it, but I dunno. There aren’t really hazards in Smash like there are in Pokémon. I thought maybe it’d switch the positions of the two fighters closest to it, messing up their moves. But that’s so awkward and situational, and doesn’t fit the moveset theme I was going for.

D

Deleted member

cute pic of me in the recording closet might delete later uwu

osby osby
632D427F-53F0-4645-BA3F-1E74F18DD156.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now let’s talks about how the crash bandicoot trailer should go down.

It has to be a recreation of the PlayStation commercials.

Except this time I want someone in a Mario costume to come outside and deck Crash I’m the face. Which leads to a brawl in the Nintendo parking lot and the tag line:

“Crash Crashes the party!”

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Pokemon feels 50/50 to me. It getting a spirit board makes things weird, but then again, there's the loophole that the DLC coming out is pecking huge and is basically our third version game so we could get a board for that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon feels 50/50 to me. It getting a spirit board makes things weird, but then again, there's the loophole that the DLC coming out is pecking huge and is basically our third version game so we could get a board for that.
Even without the Pokémon dlc, there’s still plenty of Galar Pokémon not available that could be spirits if they wanted too. Pokémon by nature itself is the perfect loophole to the
Spirit board idea

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also you can be in denial all you want. Byletth and Pokémon selling as the fastest selling switch game automatically guarantees it a spot because it’s a big money maker.

You might not like it, but it’s the truth.

In other words:

Baboom win!
Whatever happens to “it doesn’t matter if the character is new or old, or weather they are recognizable to everyone”?

Also. **** that picture. It looks like he wants to **** me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, me too.

On the one hand, spirit event

But on the other hands. Pokémon sold incredibly well, has 78 other creatures that could be spirits. None of the characters that are eligible are spirits either (unlike RE and Astral Chain) and honestly if Sakurai (or Nintendo) want it the spirits won’t matter.

So yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t happen. But it’s not exactly a lost cause, in fact I think it’s decently likely.

Shroob

Sup?
Whatever happens to “it doesn’t matter if the character is new or old, or weather they are recognizable to everyone”?

Also. **** that picture. It looks like he wants to **** me.
I think the fact that the base game of Smash just gets a spot that reads "new pokemon" speaks volumes that Pokemon is the ultimate VIP.

Will this carry over to pack 2? Unknown, but I'm definitely banking on it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Literally just got done watching it before I saw this post, lol.

It's a good video. I disagree with everything he said about the move set and the idea of cutting characters in future games, but he's sharing his opinion calmly and rationally. He's also encouraging others to behave civilly and not be jerks to each other, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

...But yeah, again, I disagree entirely with the move set critique. Most people I've seen are saying the move set is the best thing about the character, so I'm not sure where he's getting the idea people dislike it. That's just my opinion, though!
That and he call out gremlin goddess, that's obviously a con for the video.

not saying that because the Sothis alt is my favourite....or that Sothis was the best part of the trailer too...I promise....:lol:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh god. If we do get a Nintendo Direct in January and they talk about Smash? That's basically how we're gonna know if we can expect a reveal or not. And if Jon says a certain fighter, I'm not gonna 100% believe him, but you bet your ass I'll keep a watch out for ir and heavily consider the possibility.

Also, funny to state that "they didn't exactly say Byleth as a prediction" when you're clouding the main part everyone was freaking out about: No one predicted a first party being the last DLC character of Pack 1. Pretty much everyone thought Byleth or. TH rep was extremely likely for Post-Pass, but you'd be hard-pressed to believe or even state with confidence that anyone would've been confident in a FE character like the GX boys were. It's especially suspect given a video literally made a couple weeks before their Smash Direct predictions had entirely different characters, with Geno and Ryu being their picks--both third party--while Derrick and Jon then both went on to consider an FE rep or Rex and Pyra likely. That doesn't make any lick of sense unless you consider that the boys maybe knew a first party rep was coming and then just went off of that and predicted who they thought it would be.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the fact that the base game of Smash just gets a spot that reads "new pokemon" speaks volumes that Pokemon is the ultimate VIP.

Will this carry over to pack 2? Unknown, but I'm definitely banking on it.
No. Just no. Especially not THAT Pokémon. Not the single worst pokémon they’ve ever come up with. Not the betrayer who could have been so much more if they didn’t go for the safe, obvious, and stereotypical rout. I got a thrill every time I nuked that thing with fire in my Shield play through. I almost wish I could have killed it permanently.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
While I don't particularly want a new Pokemon in FP2 and think Swoshi's chances are dead in the water since it received spirits, I could accept it seeing as how I got my Fire Emblem man.

Noipoi

Howdy!
No. Just no. Especially not THAT Pokémon. Not the single worst pokémon they’ve ever come up with. Not the betrayer who could have been so much more if they didn’t go for the safe, obvious, and stereotypical rout. I got a thrill every time I nuked that thing with fire in my Shield play through. I almost wish I could have killed it permanently.
Every time you make a ridiculous post like this, Rillaboom gets even closer to Smash.

Shroob

Sup?
I guess you've had a gorillion bad experiences, but I ask you not to go ape. This is all just monkey business, and you sound bananas.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Every time you make a ridiculous post like this, Rillaboom gets even closer to Smash.
If it gets too close I will shoot it. Protect the village from the baby eating monster.
I guess you've had a gorillion bad experiences, but I ask you not to go ape. This is all just monkey business, and you sound bananas.
You just lost 20 house points for each one of those puns.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
OOH BEE DOO!! I WANNA BE LIKED BY YOU!!

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
While I don't really like Rillaboom, personally, as much as the other starters, this forum has definitely warmed me up to him enough that I actually kinda want Rillaboom for the meme.

D

Deleted member

I was hoping to get cast for a role this month.

I got cast for 3 roles this month.

769A75C8-9F9E-464D-AF1E-16A79C28BE3F.jpeg

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh, I also played the Mystery Dungeon demo.

I didn't expect it at all, but I got matched with Skitty, one of the members of my original Pokémon team that got me through all of Hoenn. Naturally, I picked Mudkip as that was the starter I chose. Feels good to have the gang back together somewhat.

D

Deleted member

Oh god. If we do get a Nintendo Direct in January and they talk about Smash? That's basically how we're gonna know if we can expect a reveal or not
Then again, we got Joker announced a couple days after Pirnaha Plant...I kind of see this as to hype up people for Season 2.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
This argument has never made sense to me. Mario and Pokemon are Nintendo's flagship franchises, while Fire Emblem isn't. I get that Fire Emblem has a lot of characters that have material to work with (though there's a lot of overlap between them - a Dark Mage in one FE game is going to play similarly, if not identically, to a Dark Mage in another FE game), but so does Zelda (Hyrule Warriors is enough evidence of that), and yet it hasn't gotten any truly new/unique playable characters in Smash since 2001.

If a series like Xenoblade, Kid Icarus, or Donkey Kong got three new playable characters in one Smash game, people would probably have the same issue; it's just that Fire Emblem happens to be the series that's getting a disproportionate amount of focus compared to the rest of the roster. (between Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate, it got as many newcomers as Pokemon, Metroid, and Donkey Kong got combined in the same time period: :ultcorrinf::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultchrom: and Byleth vs. :ultincineroar::ultgreninja::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultkrool:)
And how is other series giving more of a profit andy more important of a number? All that matters is that Nintendo thought Awakening revitalising the series was a big enough deal to add three characters. Sure it's odd but they are already there and any shouldn't reflect badly on future choices. The point about characters playing similarly is kinda disregarding how varied they are in personality and how it being a strategy game they can't do crazy things with them. Though the stat spreads of them are kinda unique and every lord has unique combat animations.
Also for reference: Ike, Roy, Corrin and the Awakening don't share the same continents. Hell, Corrin is confirmed to be from a different universe than Awakening and Marth lived 2000 years before Awakening.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
His reveal trailer is just the DK rap, with an added verse for Rillaboom.
After Donkey Kong’s treehouse shenanigans this needs to be the next smash meme trailer they put out. It be so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom