• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So I was watching some Pokemon Sword Shield videos and I was surprised by how bad the game looks. Like so many really weird story choices, no real tension anywhere, terrible models, bad and limited animations, so much damn handholding and exposition that I wouldn't even call it an exploration or adventure game. And weirdest of all, why does Dynamax exist and how do all the attack sin that form look like they would kill both trainers with how gigantic they are. Oh and Hop, god he is such a showcase of how one dimensional the characters are. Yes I'm aware that he chances somewhat but that's just from one one dimensional character to another. Pokemon really has become a game for babies...

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
You do know the ignore button exists right? I mean, it wouldn't completely solve your problem, but it would help a bit!
Nah that's too mean. I don't want a person to be completely invisible to me just because they occasionally post something that goes in through one ear and out from the other.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I could pick 4 echos to fill reach 90 (92) playable fighters it'd be.

Dixie Kong (:ultdiddy:like how:ultchrom:is to:ultroy:)
Medusa (:ultpalutena:)
Octoling (:ultinkling:)
Vergil (Dante)

Shroob

Sup?
Another thing:

They never said this pass wouldn't include echoes.

And now there is that Twitter profile that NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy thinks is VRPlant that said Byleth was the last character back in October and that Crash is our first FP2.

Crash with a Coco echo, anyone?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If I could pick 4 echos to fill reach 90 (92) playable fighters it'd be.

Dixie Kong (:ultdiddy:like how:ultchrom:is to:ultroy:)
Medusa (:ultpalutena:)
Octoling (:ultinkling:)
Vergil (Dante)
I like the idea of first three. I do not see much for 3rd party echoes. Only one I could see would be Quote and curly brace from cave story.

But for first party echos, I would like to see one of the pikmin commanders as a echo of Olimar.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've seen that brought up a lot. Coco might have the same abilities Crash has but their dimensions aren't the same tbh.

That's why:ultisabelle:ended up being an semi-clone rather then an full fledged echo of:ultvillager:people assumed she'd be. Of course given how many fan rules Sakurai has broke it would not be out there for Sakurai to break this yet again.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Watch FP6-11 be all echoes. Like three Byleth echoes based on the house leaders, Eliwood as Roy echo, the fake Mario from Sunshine and Gooichi.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Vergil doesn't work as an echo of Dante.
Well to be fair I only thought that for two reasons. Seen people throw it again given I've only seen a walkthrough of the first game and couldn't really think of anyone else for an echo whether 1st or 3rd party.

Shroob

Sup?
I've seen that brought up a lot. Coco might have the same abilities Crash has but their dimensions aren't the same tbh.

That's why:ultisabelle:ended up being an semi-clone rather then an full fledged echo of:ultvillager:people assumed she'd be. Of course given how many fan rules Sakurai has broke it would not be out there for Sakurai to break this yet again.
I do find it strange though that they didnt mention that this pass wouldn't include Echoes.

We can assume that every world of light slot will be filled, and I cant see us getting a pass with only 4 characters.

Echoes seem highly probable, especially since this pass' theme seems to be "just do more"

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I like the idea of first three. I do not see much for 3rd party echoes. Only one I could see would be Quote and curly brace from cave story.

But for first party echos, I would like to see one of the pikmin commanders as a echo of Olimar.
I mean if Alph is just a costume, I doubt the other captains would be able to proportionally fill the echo spot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Found a better replacement and more fitting echo instead of Vergil who as mentioned above couldn't work as an Echo of Dante.

Jeanne (:ultbayonetta:)

Shroob

Sup?

At the end of the day, what is and isnt an echo seems arbitrary.

At E3, we thought they'd just be straight clones

Then Chrom came and they had unique moves

And then Ken and they had unique stats like move speed

At this point, hurtbox is next to go.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
At the end of the day, what is and isnt an echo seems arbitrary.

At E3, we thought they'd just be straight clones

Then Chrom came and they had unique moves

And then Ken and they had unique stats like move speed

At this point, hurtbox is next to go.
When that happens, I want Doc lewis as an echo of Lil mac.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Dixie Kong (:ultdiddy:Echo)
Jeanne (:ultbayonetta:Echo)
Medusa (:ultpalutena:Echo)
Octoling (:ultinkling:Echo)
Rex
Rillaboom
Ryu Hayabusa
Travis Touchdown

My current prediction as it is assuming Shroob's theory is true. Again likely very wrong as with most predictions.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Would this be too many changes for Dixie to still be considered an echo?

Aside from animation differences,
-Unique double jump that uses her ponytail.
-modified N-Special that uses her Bubblegum Popgun with smaller ammunition, less damage, travels farther and bounces off the ground.
-:ultdk: Up and Down specials performed with her ponytail.
-potentially inheriting :ultdiddy:custom back flip side special

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Would this be too many changes for Dixie to still be considered an echo?

Aside from animation differences,
-Unique double jump that uses her ponytail.
-modified N-Special that uses her Bubblegum Popgun with smaller ammunition, less damage, travels farther and bounces off the ground.
-:ultdk: Up and Down specials performed with her ponytail.
-potentially inheriting :ultdiddy:custom back flip side special
They made it work for:ultchrom:with:ultroy:so I don't see why they couldn't give Dixie the same treatment.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I just realised that Dante and Nero would be really fun with their Devil Trigger abilities. Like a less broken but more diverse Arsen. It's just cool how they have fun additional hits on normal moves and more jumps. Though Nero technically can do the extra jump outside of DT because he is Nero.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The only constant in all of this are the World of Light spots.

Plant and Fp1 took 6

This pass takes 6

Leaving 4

They added this **** in January 2019, they have this mapped out and planned.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Another thing:

They never said this pass wouldn't include echoes.

And now there is that Twitter profile that NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy thinks is VRPlant that said Byleth was the last character back in October and that Crash is our first FP2.

I love. I’d love to start with Crash. Even if I think Geno would be the ideal Byleth follow up, I have to admit they’d probably save him for the middle. He wouldn’t exactly sell the Pass well to non-hardcore fans.

Start with the likes of Crash, Travis Touchdown, and maybe Ryu Hayabusa, then Geno, a nintender, and DoomSlayer.

My predictions are continuously evolving.

Wait a minute.....
If we get Travis then we could get Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer 7 Mii Costumes!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For Ms. Pac-Man, I could see her inheriting :ultpacman: Lazy Fruit custom neutral using the fruits from her game, what did you have in mind for Liquid?
Liquid is never really fought in MGS outside of a Metal Gear, and when he is it’s usually in a bare-handed fist fight. I imagine he’d be a pretty Daisy level echo unless they’d be willing to give him a handgun like joker. Then that would be a good change. Make him way faster then snake and really hard to launch (because he’s so hard to kill in MGS! Not that his fights are hard but he always comes back even when you’re sure he’s dead!”. But his Final Smash should be a Metal Gear. Think Snake’s FS mixed with Zero Suit Samus.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll see you guys later today. Going to take my dogs outside to run around and dad and I are gonna go to my house to shovel snow and then take the dogs on one of the hiking trailers as well as dog park.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm just glad we don't have to worry about disconfirmations and that Crash and Doomguy are still on the table.

And echoes certainly do seem plausible. I wish Sonic could have more characters, though. We have people listing echoes ans character for other Third Parties but Sonic should be the special case given it's history with Mario and Nintendo. It doesn't look right when SF has two, with Ken as the player two of that franchise when Sonic is still sitting there alone. Shadow would've been perfect, but the only shot we have now is maybe Tails, Eggman, and I'm even considering Blaze as Sonic's echo given how similar they play in Rush. Only issue would be the hitbox but like Shroob said, they can easily change that given Echoes seem to be inconsistent with what qualifies as an echo.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Though I gotta say: If this Fighters Pass truly does include Echo Fighters, then it's unlikely they'd make an echo of a character already in Smash given they gotta pad the time out until 2021 and Echo Fighters take significantly less work than a new, unique fighter.

This means the only echoes that are likely would be ones of a character already in the FP, but then, how long are they planning to wait to release the 4 unique fighters when their echoes take less time and reasonably should be released with the character they're based off of?

I dunno... Maybe the slots will change or the deadline is only a placeholder because otherwise I cannot fathom how they'd be able to do that. It took us one year and maybe some months for all of the 5 unique fighters in the first Pass, so spending almost twice the time for 4 uniques with 2 echoes just seems weird to me, especially when you recall Sakurai stated Echo Fighters take two of them to equate to one unique fighter in terms of development time, IIRC.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
All this news is making me wonder if my postulation about an actual Nintendo Direct by the 28th that shows off FP2-1 and drops Byleth directly after it could hold more weight than not.

A month with:

A Pokemon Direct
A Smash Presentation with New character
And a General Direct with perhaps a new Paper Mario, A Metroid Fusion sequel AND FP2-1?

Crazy, mang
I mean it’s not even in precedented. They dropped banjo the same day they announced terry and more dlc. So it makes a lot of sense actually.
Here's some food for thought.

Despite having 6 characters, iirc this fighter's pass costs the same as the last one, even though character packs are about 6 bucks a pop.

There are still 4 unused World if Light slots, and there's no way in hell I see those going unused.

Especially since we're going to have more Directs than Fighter pass releases this and next year.

If these 4 spots get used after 2021, they'd have to reduce the price of this supposed 3rd pass. Since it's only 4 characters...

So has anyone considered, that to kill time between these next 6 characters, while keeping the game updated with patches

They could potentially release Echo Fighters as standalone dlc characters. 4, to be precise.
Gentlepanda Gentlepanda about to win and get kasumi

D

Deleted member

Now that I thing about it, couldn’t the extra 4 WOL slots be for new bosses? Wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for Nintendo to hold us over inbetween Fighter releases via adding new bosses.

Hell, it could give some of my most wanteds(Like Nicol Bolas, who is quite literally too big, he’s like 2 miles tall, or the Zeroth Dragons, which already are more fit for bosses than characters because of there nature) A chance at being in the game, anime or not.

Can’t break the no anime rule if you aren’t a character... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom