• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly I'm pretty disappointed with the Altair costume. Really want an AC character playable.
And what the hell was up with the simply showing Altair's name in one region? I don't get it. It has meme potential though.
The reason is probably due to the Iran-America tensions, Altair's middle eastern and America assassinated that general so Nintendo likely thought it was better to try and reduce it for whatever reason

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He's not upset.

Whelmed yes, but he admits Byleth's gameplay looks quite interesting.
Ok but... like... aside from the bow.... all of those moves would work with a sword instead of an axe or a lance just as well. So.... it's not THAT unique.
The reason is probably due to the Iran-America tensions, Altair's middle eastern and America assassinated that general so Nintendo likely thought it was better to try and reduce it for whatever reason
So.... we can't have a middle eastern character and the word "assassin" in the same context? That doesn't even make sense.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Can’t wait to see how accurate I was with these spirits.
Edelgard
(Fire Emblem Series)
View attachment 233856

Spirit Type: Support :starman::starman: Attack
Spirit Effects: Critical Hit ↑
Opponent: :ultzelda:(Black)
Rules: N/A
Conditions:
-The enemy is equipped with a Death’s Scythe
-The enemy prefers side smashes and down specials
-The enemy can unleash powerful critical hits at random
Stage: Castle Siege
Music Track: The Edge of Dawn (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) (Reward)
Alt. Track: Eternal Bond
Claude
(Fire Emblem Series)
View attachment 233857

Spirit Type: Support :starman::starman: Grab
Spirit Effects: Critical Health Healing
Opponent: :ultdarkpit: (Yellow)
Conditions:
-The enemy prefers neutral specials
-The enemy heals over time
Dimitri
(Fire Emblem Series)
View attachment 233855

Spirit Type: Support :starman::starman: Attack
Spirit Effects: Weapon Attack ↑
Opponent::ultcorrin: (Blue)
Conditions:
-The enemy prefers side specials and forward smashes
-

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Remember this was recorded months ago so anyrhing happening during the months between November and January shouldn't have effected anything shown today.

Shroob

Sup?
Ok but... like... aside from the bow.... all of those moves would work with a sword instead of an axe or a lance just as well. So.... it's not THAT unique.

So.... we can't have a middle eastern character and the word "assassin" in the same context? That doesn't even make sense.
Snake

Dont be like the reddit babies ******** that Byleth, ****ing Byleth is "another Fire emblem clone"

Shroob

Sup?

The word Assassin comes from the region Iran is nowadays.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'going to go for the night folk, almost midnight here, which I didn't realize until a couple of minutes ago lol.

Have a good time ya all, and see ya tomorrow!

Peace~

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake

Dont be like the reddit babies ******** that Byleth, ****ing Byleth is "another Fire emblem clone"
Oh. He's not a clone. Not by any stretch of the word. I just don't think he's very interesting. I actually think he would be more interesting if he only used ONE of the weapons. In this state he doesn't really use any to their fullest extent and it makes him kind of... boring. I'd love to see all the other crazy things he could do with that chain blade for instance.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Ask Nintendo, they chose to not use the Assassin's Creed branding on the American video which is more confusing as Ezio is more popular there iirc. Europe says AssCreed, Japan says AssCreed and the UK says AssCreed

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Or this could mean we get Ezio. This doesn't disconfirm him at all unless I'm somehow not understanding something.

Again, Iran **** happened literally this month. This was recorded in November. That shouldn't at all have any correlation with the reveals here or why they chose the name they did unless it was a very last minute change.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Apparantly Japan REALLY likes Altair. So much so that Altair was a fake name Xander Mobus had to pull the announcer voice for
Woah. Really? Hmm.... you'd think they'd do both then.

Personally, knowing that, an Ezio/Altair pallet swap character makes a lot of sense.
>makes less sense

Not....really?

America just ganked a high ranking Iranian general in an assassination.
I'm just confused now.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
As someone who pays very close attention to stuff like that I don't think so. It wouldn't cause any controversy from anywhere. Maybe a tabloid newspaper but they probably think a sneeze by the neighbors cat is controversy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I do want to kinda sorta point out something too. In terms of “patterns” and what not.

The things this fanbase comes up with are crazy...sometimes. Color theory, chair theory, etc, those were bunk.

Am I right 100% of the time? No, and I never said I would be.

But speculation is talking about, and trying to figure out answers to things. If you don’t want to speculate, that’s fine. But don’t expect other people to just around and twiddle their thumbs.

Even though Byleth isn’t 3rd party, I’m incredibly hyped. I love Three Houses, so to see them, the music, and the stage itself is super cool.

Looking forward to another...2 years or whatever for this ****, lmao. Hopefully folks stop pestering Sakurai on Twitter. Hilarious that he brought that up.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Or this could mean we get Ezio. This doesn't disconfirm him at all unless I'm somehow not understanding something.

Again, Iran **** happened literally this month. This was recorded in November. That shouldn't at all have any correlation with the reveals here or why they chose the name they did unless it was a very last minute change.
I doubt it, we just got a costume from the franchise, we never really get those to tease DLC
As someone who pays very close attention to stuff like that I don't think so. It wouldn't cause any controversy from anywhere. Maybe a tabloid newspaper but they probably think a sneeze by the neighbors cat is controversy.
Nintendo's ****ing weird with this sometimes so that's all I've got

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I mean, if that's the criteria then Lara Croft would be the next SE character. And Banjo, as well as Sakurai's own words in the Terry presentation, kind of proves that widespread awareness of the character doesn't really matter.

Then what are you basing your opinions on?
Yes, you're right. I didn't consider Lara Croft

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I doubt it, we just got a costume from the franchise, we never really get those to tease DLC

Nintendo's ****ing weird with this sometimes so that's all I've got
Is that a rule you're making up? I wouldn't let Sakurai catch wind of it.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I honestly don’t even know what to say other than this: despite how unique Byleth may be, it’s just the sheer amount of characters already in Smash that’s my main issue with FE (heck, we have 3 clones: Roy’s the og Marth clone, Lucina’s the new Marth clone, and Chrom is a clone of a clone.). If Ultimate was a soft reboot that got rid of everyone except for Marth, Ike and Robin (just as an example), then I’d be fine with getting Byleth as a 4th character as DLC. But in this case, 8 FE characters is WAAAY too many now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I honestly don’t even know what to say other than this: despite how unique Byleth may be, it’s just the sheer amount of characters already in Smash that’s my main issue with FE (heck, we have 3 clones: Roy’s the og Marth clone, Lucina’s the new Marth clone, and Chrom is a clone of a clone.). If Ultimate was a soft reboot that got rid of everyone except for Marth, Ike and Robin (just as an example), then I’d be fine with getting Byleth as a 4th character as DLC. But in this case, 8 FE characters is WAAAY too many now.
Finally someone who makes sense.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Throughout this next batch pf DLC I'm not gonna conform to any fan rule. Hell, I didn't the first time, but I'm keeping an even more open mind now.

The only rule that's absolute is no non-videogame characters.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Challenge. Badly describe all the Fighter Pass characters in one sentence each. (ex: Piranha Plant = houseplant acquires a taste for human flesh)
Joker - An edgy weeb that has a stand and is upset with society.
Hero -A Generic Anime Swordsmen™ with a gambling addiction.
Banjo - The reanimated corpse of a bear and a bird.
Terry - a Hat-Wearing Ken™ that will abuse a canine when damaged.
Byleth - The one who taught everyone how to be a Generic Anime Swordsman™ .

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, prove me wrong then. If Sakurai intended on adding an AssCrees character he wouldn't have already announced a mii costume from it for an unrelated character
Yeah, I have to agree. Pre-DLC Spirits and Costumes are probably all up for grabs, but DLC spirits and Costumes are an entirely different ball game except for maybe like... Joker and Hero (who didn't really come with any costumes people would want as fighters anyway).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Challenge. Badly describe all the Fighter Pass characters in one sentence each. (ex: Piranha Plant = houseplant acquires a taste for human flesh)
  1. batman + joker with catwoman's cat
  2. Aragorn stole Gandalf's Spell Book
  3. Country Bears meets Enchanted Tiki Room
  4. Hat Ken
  5. A cool unique character that I love and will definatley main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom