• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm thinking that, thanks to my 300 IQ, we're going to get a character that:

1: Always smile (Sans & Cuphead always smile when they get smashed into pieces)
2: Can hide the Mii face completely without looking weird.
3: Have proportions that match the Mii in general
4: As 1 banger soundtrack to come with it.
5: Is well know enough to sell

Soooo, Freddy pass 1, 2 & 5, but 3 & 4....don't remember a banger soundtrack in FNAF tbh, at least one that could fit into Smash.
I would say they could use this, but it actually goes unused in the full game.
There is an alternate version of the track that does go used, though. It's the same thing, but with different instruments, and without the vocals. Aside from that, I'm not sure. You could use some of the minigame music, like Smashing Windshields, but those aren't very iconic. If they did a remix of Nowhere To Run that's more intense than the original, I think that has the potential to be good. This part I've timestamped could be especially good.

D

Deleted member

Arlo ignores everything that isn't in his immediate bubble of interests. He never experiments with new things because he's afraid he might like something new and one of his bull**** uninformed opinions he might have to double back on.
huh? I legit have never heard of this, and having watched his videos a ton, I’m not seeing this.

If anything, it’s the reverse, he often goes out of his comfort zone to review games and makes it clear that his opinions are just that; opinions that may change over time. Or in his case, fairly sporadicly.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait, peoples got problems with Arlo?

I mean, I got some problems with his videos, but I thought it was just me not liking his style, is something wrong with him or it is just peoples putting their opinions on the forefront?
He's fine as a person, and he does have legit criticisms. I just don't really like they way he presents his opinions.

Plus, he kinda fell into the "Nintendo Fan" trap (for lack of better words), but not as much as others do. Nowhere near as much.

Then again, the only Nintendo channel I listen to is Gamexplain, but they're more of a news/podcast channel if anything.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
huh? I legit have never heard of this, and having watched his videos a ton, I’m not seeing this.

If anything, it’s the reverse, he often goes out of his comfort zone to review games and makes it clear that his opinions are just that; opinions that may change over time. Or in his case, fairly sporadicly.
Like the only time I can think of that even remotely applies was his knee jerk reaction to Hey! Pikmin. And even then he apologized and took that video down.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

He'll experiment with a new game... when he gets a review code.

He also doesn't bother to educate himself on things when they're not relevant to his interests.

D

Deleted member

I haven't really tried Arlo.

Hard to take someone talking about video game seriously when they hide behind a Sesame Street puppet.

My favorite YouTubers are FUgameCrue.
That’s kinda his gimmick he adopted for himself. It’s not that big of a deal.

On the topic of favorite youtubers, oh boi that’s a toughy.

Gonna have to go with the man...the myth... the legend....

377BDF78-169C-4F33-8CCD-E4AC0DF67022.jpeg

M E!!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

He also doesn't bother to educate himself on things when they're not relevant to his interests.
Can you give an example? I'm not trying to argue with you, I just have no idea what you're talking about. And you do know that you can deny review codes, right? Because if he really was as bad as you think he is then he wouldn't even do that.

D

Deleted member

Hate to be this blunt, but that’s a terrible point. Just because you only try new things when you get them for free doesn’t warrant the kinda hate you seem to have for him.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So what characters do you think will get the sans and cuphead treatment next? I could see Steve or even Doomslayer
If it's more surprise indie characters with baller music, then Commander Video, Quote and Hollow Knight.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Arlo wants Pikmin 4 and anyone who wants that game is automatically based

To be fair to him though, it's not like he blindly loves everything with Nintendo's name on it - he was pretty iffy on SwSh

Though I'm not sure why he wants a TTYD remaster/make so badly when a PM 64 one would make more sense

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unrelated, but I honestly think that if we get another Square Character as DLC, it would be Lara Croft over Geno.

I don't think I have to explain why.
because Lara is a bad*** who should be in Smash

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Can you give an example? I'm not trying to argue with you, I just have no idea what you're talking about. And you do know that you can deny review codes, right? Because if he really was as bad as you think he is then he wouldn't even do that.
Who in their right mind would deny a free video game? And no I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, because Arlo's videos are such a slog to get through.

Arlo's stuck in the past. He needs to grow up and learn that other experiences can be just as fulfilling on other consoles or games than JUST Nintendo.

And that's coming from a lifelong Nintendo fan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Arlo wants Pikmin 4 and anyone who wants that game is automatically based

To be fair to him though, it's not like he blindly loves everything with Nintendo's name on it - he was pretty iffy on SwSh

Though I'm not sure why he wants a TTYD remaster/make so badly when a PM 64 one would make more sense
It was something about PM64 being already accessible on the Wii U Virtual Console and Thousand Year Door being super hard to find nowadays. Plus, according to him, TTYD is just better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Geno with Beware the Forest Mushroom track.

Totally see it.

Whoever he comes with will never stop being crucified by the Geno fanboys.
Sora is added to the game but comes with a geno costume with music in the biggest monkeys paw yet. How does the internet react?
I just thought of this, Commander Video!
This would a perfect example too an nice to see as they’ve fallen under the radar a bit even though we had that trophy last game.
Geno's absence as a playable fighter and the complete lack of his Mii Fighter costume when almost every other one has come back at this point... I think he's coming.
I think he’s coming two one way or another. I have to admit I could totally see the mii costume thing happen,

but with the copyright strikes Nintendo put against the beware the forests mushrooms and fight against an armed boss, I feel it’s likelier that he’s fully playable and I sure hope so.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The wait for Spyro and others continues.

I was already content with Ultimate's roster pre-DLC so another FE (a franchise I've long had no personal experience with) newcomer doesn't change my satisfaction with the game. Especially taking into account that there's more DLC characters on the way even now. I'm not hyped for Byleth, but there's also literally no reason for me to upset about it, and so I'm not.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who in their right mind would deny a free video game? And no I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, because Arlo's videos are such a slog to get through.

Arlo's stuck in the past. He needs to grow up and learn that other experiences can be just as fulfilling on other consoles or games than JUST Nintendo.

And that's coming from a lifelong Nintendo fan.
Dude. I'm sorry. But you can't win an argument with no examples. All you're doing is throwing around buzzwords. And, from the perspective of someone who's watched a lot of his content, they're also lies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Arlo is a pretty cool dude. I don’t always agree with his opinions but he is still a pretty fun content creator to watch

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Am I like the only person who doesn't really watch Youtubers? Outside of watching anime OPs and trying to rip off music for projects I don't really use YouTube anymore.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be completely honest, I laughed out loud when I saw Byleth and then I enjoyed the trailer. They look super fun.

I feel as though the future picks with still draw mostly from 3rd parties, though I wouldn’t say 1st parties are out of the running. I have some thoughts on the way Sakurai has handled DLC choices, but I’ll probably share those later.

Dante and 2B when?

D

Deleted member

I'm betting on 2B as our next Square character, tbh
I’m actually on a voice acting forum that 2B’s voice actor owns. It’s smaller, but it’s a legit forum.

I know squat about 2B, but if she does get in, I’d love to see Kira Buckland reprise her role. She’s actually pretty darn active on the forums, and she even responds to threads asking for advice, (like my own, actually.)

Also, on her forum account, her goal’s option reads, “I already voice in a fighting game, so.... BE IN SMASH?!” lol

TL;DR: Kira Buckland good

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Dude. I'm sorry. But you can't win an argument with no examples. All you're doing is throwing around buzzwords. And, from the perspective of someone who's watched a lot of his content, they're also lies.
Funny of you to say that considering your behavior earlier.

I've literally watched every video Arlo has put out since I subscribed to him, three years ago.

Hate to be this blunt, but that’s a terrible point. Just because you only try new things when you get them for free doesn’t warrant the kinda hate you seem to have for him.
I don't actually hate him, but I think he's too wrapped up in his own little bubble to be as cocky and "my opinion is law" from him. He's constantly shouting that *we* as a Nintendo fanbase want things when really it's what *he* wants. He's arrogant.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If anyone remembers me, you may recall that I was pretty upset with this fighter's pass, but I'm satisfied now with Byleth. I like Byleth and I'm happy we're getting them

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m actually on a voice acting forum that 2B’s voice actor owns. It’s smaller, but it’s a legit forum.

I know squat about 2B, but if she does get in, I’d love to see Kira Buckland reprise her role. She’s actually pretty darn active on the forums, and she even responds to threads asking for advice, (like my own, actually.)

Also, on her forum account, her goal’s option reads, “I already voice in a fighting game, so.... BE IN SMASH?!” lol
2B would be cool, never played the game but it's on my list.

I still think the next SE character kind of needs to be Geno.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Kira Buckland voicing a Smash character would be hilarious as she voiced the announcer of Super Smash Flash

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Funny of you to say that considering your behavior earlier.

I've literally watched every video Arlo has put out since I subscribed to him, three years ago.

I don't actually hate him, but I think he's too wrapped up in his own little bubble to be as cocky and "my opinion is law" from him. He's constantly shouting that *we* as a Nintendo fanbase want things when really it's what *he* wants. He's arrogant.
Wait, now you're being inconsistent. First you don't have any examples because "his videos are a slog" and now this? What's really going on here?

And mine was different. Mine was just emotionally lashing out. It was an irrational thing to do to begin with. And I shouldn't have done it in the first place

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
2B would be cool, never played the game but it's on my list.

I still think the next SE character kind of needs to be Geno.
Geno would be neat, but I think 2B would be more likely, since 2B is more well known by a casual audience than Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom