• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what I see?

A big, chill gorilla friend who just wants to have a good time. Look at his tree hair. Look at his tree stump drum. Look at that smile. So chill. So neat.

Legit one of the best Pokémon of the generation.
Well. I’m glad you like it. Because all I see is a 13 year old boy’s fantasy come to life that lacks all the charm that drew me to Grookey’s starter form in the first place.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Grookey's evolution looks eh to me.

That said, ugly is subjective anyway. There's no need for this whole "I'm right, you're wrong" mentality. It's silly. Not everybody has to like the designs and it's very silly trying to portray your view as the only correct one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Spider-Verse 2 is coming in 2022? I hope Miguel O'Hara gets to have a larger role in it. Honestly, he's my 2nd favorite next to Peter Parker, so I'd dig a whole series of Movies around him. Or a Batman Beyond film.

D

Deleted member

Well. I’m glad you like it. Because all I see is a 13 year old boy’s fantasy come to life that lacks all the charm that drew me to Grookey’s starter form in the first place.
TBH, the biggest reason I like it is because mother-****ing Gentlepanda Gentlepanda kept posting ape memes until I slowly transmuted into one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-leaker only knows sobble and grooky’s evolutions, nothing on scorbunny’s.

-Ben affleck leak knew only sobble and grooky’s evolutions not Scorbunnys really.

-thinking.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman

-Ben affleck leak knew only sobble and grooky’s evolutions not Scorbunnys really.

-thinking.
Scorbunny is just gonna have no evolution at all, it’s the Game Freak way of implementing hard mode.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Scorbunny is just gonna have no evolution at all, it’s the Game Freak way of implementing hard mode.
I'm totally okay with that because Scorbunny looks like Max and Max is arguably the best sidekick ever, which makes Scorbunny the best starter ever. It's simple math guys.

D

Deleted member

-thinking.
Scorbunny confirmed to not actually be in the game

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm sure people will warm up to both Grookey and Sobble's final evo over time. Seeing gameplay footage will probably help.

Scorbunny is still my starter of choice, but I'm content with everything we got today, minus Sobble's second form.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
GF said "Oh, y'all don't want another fire/fighting starter? Guess you won't have one at all, then."

Ivander

Smash Legend
So for those interested in Overwatch 2, here's some more info:

-The 4 new stages are Toronto, Gothenburg, Rio de Janeiro and Monte Carlo.
https://imgur.com/a/VBVeTmo

-Sojourn is Canadian and she'll be at the center of the Overwatch 2 story
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/dqagy5/sojourn_will_be_the_first_canadian_hero_and_she/
A actual reminder that Pharah is also Canadian(her dad is Canadian while her mother Ana is Egyptian).

-Overwatch 2 is apparently coming to Switch, alongside PC, PS4 and X1.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...sheet_confirms_that_ow_2_will_also_be_coming/

-According to the Overwatch twitter, Overwatch and Overwatch 2, despite being different engines, will apparently have cross-play, allowing players from Overwatch 1 to play with people in Overwatch 2.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/dq95xt/overwatch_1_players_and_overwatch_2_players_will/

And once again, cosmetics, including skins, from Overwatch 1 will carry over into Overwatch 2.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/dq97y8/playoverwatch_website_on_ow1ow2s_pvp_and_skins/

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Who here has Mudkip as their favorite starter line? I've been pretty grown into using my Swampert in Omega Ruby for battling with my main team, especially with the Battle Maison. I also have a nice soft spot for the Popplio line solely because I adore Primarina's design.

D

Deleted member

So then you didn't like Incineroar or any anthro 'mon?
I don't have a rule for this stuff. I like what catches my eye and context plays a role into it. In the case of Sobble's evolution, the beer belly and hands as I mentioned are throwing me off guard and it strays from what I previously liked about him. No need to look for patterns with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Who here has Mudkip as their favorite starter line? I've been pretty grown into using my Swampert in Omega Ruby for battling with my main team, especially with the Battle Maison. I also have a nice soft spot for the Popplio line solely because I adore Primarina's design.
A water starter that has only one weakness carries you throughout the main campaign. Mudkip's great.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Probably makes me sound boring, but I actually really like using default male robin.
Nothing wrong with that.

Whatever costume works best for you. I sometimes use the Pinkish ones where possible(Luigi, Dr. Mario, Samus). It completely depends upon the character, really.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't have a rule for this stuff. I like what catches my eye and context plays a role into it. In the case of Sobble's evolution, the beer belly and hands as I mentioned are throwing me off guard and it strays from what I previously liked about him. No need to look for patterns with me.
Same way I feel about Grookey tbh

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Eh. I don't really care. It's not that bad to me. Maybe bland, but eh.

It's not a beer belly. Lots of lizard designs have more fat at the bottom of the torso mostly due to the large legs the body has to support. He's also slim literally everywhere else.

The hands probably are big because he needs to stick to walls and bigger hands offer more stability.

His demeanour also shows how far he's come from his shy, crying self.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Nothing wrong with that.

Whatever costume works best for you. I sometimes use the Pinkish ones where possible(Luigi, Dr. Mario, Samus). It completely depends upon the character, really.
For me with my time with Smash 4, I would usually play with Wario in his regular overalls looks for Online Matches & such. Don't really mind his biker outfit from WarioWare, just a personal preference.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh. I don't really care. It's not that bad to me. Maybe bland, but eh.

It's not a beer belly. Lots of lizard designs have more fat at the bottom of the torso mostly due to the large legs the body has to support. He's also slim literally everywhere else.

The hands probably are big because he needs to stick to walls and bigger hands offer more stability.

His demeanour also shows how far he's come from his shy, crying self.
It really comes down to one thing for me: "Does it look appealing?" If the answer is no, I got nothing more to say.

Though, the biological analysis is cool.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Important Pokémon SWSH Leak stuff:
I was in the Discord server where all of the leaked stuff dropped. Apparently there’s 2 leakers, one that was on said server that had agreeably legitimate information, and the other apparently on 4Chan. The elephant, which was dropped on Discord, is pretty much legit because of the one trailer from months ago that had said elephant coming out of a Pokéball in one frame. Therefore, we can assume Discord leaker is real. On the other hand, we have no idea about the guy on 4Chan, and even the Discord leaker has no idea about their legitimacy either.

With that in mind, only Grookey2, Sobble2, new fox and its evo, Galarian Meowth, construction elephant and purple guy are the only ones that are very likely real. Meanwhile, the “leaked” Grookey3, Intelleon, and Perrserker (supposed Galarian Meowth evo) could be very much fake, as they didn’t come from the Discord leaker.

If you want proof of me being there when it all dropped, here’s an unsurprisingly large screenshot of the exact moment when the fox dropped. We all took screenshots ASAP because the leaker immediately deleted his photos only seconds after posting them:
84FD41DF-F3B2-48FA-8B66-36C817975CDF.png

Don’t worry, I charged my phone.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It'll look appealing to those who enjoy more feminine designs, twinks, and for scalies.

But yeah.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Pokémon SWSH Leak stuff:
I was in the Discord server where all of the leaked stuff dropped. Apparently there’s 2 leakers, one that was on said server that had agreeably legitimate information, and the other apparently on 4Chan. The elephant, which was dropped on Discord, is pretty much legit because of the one trailer from months ago that had said elephant coming out of a Pokéball in one frame. Therefore, we can assume Discord leaker is real. On the other hand, we have no idea about the guy on 4Chan, and even the Discord leaker has no idea about their legitimacy either.

With that in mind, only Grookey2, Sobble2, new fox and its evo, Galarian Meowth, construction elephant and purple guy are the only ones that are very likely real. Meanwhile, the “leaked” Grookey3, Intelleon, and Perrserker (supposed Galarian Meowth evo) could be very much fake, as they didn’t come from the Discord leaker.

If you want proof of me being there when it all dropped, here’s an unsurprisingly large screenshot of the exact moment when the fox dropped. We all took screenshots ASAP because the leaker immediately deleted his photos only seconds after posting them:
View attachment 244370
Don’t worry, I charged my phone.
Galarian Fenniken looks so sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom