• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also speaking of Hero whenever he gets played in my friend group there is one guy who, without fail, gets Thwacked at least once every match.
I feel bad for him but at this point it's just become a running joke

StormC

Smash Hero
I’ve seen some say the dlc background colors reference to what they’re wearing but I think I know why those are they’re colors

:ultpiranha:-most plants are green
:ultjoker:-red is actually one of the main colors of persona 5, like p4 was yellow, and p3 was blue
:ulthero:-not only is it hero’s clothing but it’s actually the dragon in the dq11 logo
:ultbanjokazooie:-Rare & jiggies. Isn’t it obvious?
:ult_terry:-his background is actualy referencing the snk logo which is all blue
Cp5-if it’s orange then idk
First thought that comes to mind: the Tales Of Symphonia logo is green.

D

Deleted member

Can you counter it?
It can be reflected, yes
Which leads me into another anecdote from the other night when he tried to Thwack me instead and I pulled up Bounce on a topdeck and he got insta-killed by his own Thwack
Dude just can't catch a break

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve seen some say the dlc background colors reference to what they’re wearing but I think I know why those are they’re colors

:ultpiranha:-most plants are green
:ultjoker:-red is actually one of the main colors of persona 5, like p4 was yellow, and p3 was blue
:ulthero:-not only is it hero’s clothing but it’s actually the dragon in the dq11 logo
:ultbanjokazooie:-Rare & jiggies. Isn’t it obvious?
:ult_terry:-his background is actualy referencing the snk logo which is all blue
Cp5-if it’s orange then idk
You know who’s orange?

B37EACE3-5561-47B9-9CCD-1905C1902686.gif

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It can be reflected, yes
Which leads me into another anecdote from the other night when he tried to Thwack me instead and I pulled up Bounce on a topdeck and he got insta-killed by his own Thwack
Dude just can't catch a break
"You didn't choose the Thwack life"
"The Thwack life choose you"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Still feel it’s entirely possible for there to be more than 2 additional characters, and I think to assume that’s all we’d get it pessimistic.

It could happen, but this will likely be Sakurai’s greatest achievement. To say, “There’s more coming!” And then add only two seems anti-climactic.

Not that I don’t appreciate the man. He’s incredible and has given me a game that I don’t think will ever be replaced as my all time favorite. But I don’t think they’re done yet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Still feel it’s entirely possible for there to be more than 2 additional characters, and I think to assume that’s all we’d get it pessimistic.

It could happen, but this will likely be Sakurai’s greatest achievement. To say, “There’s more coming!” And then add only two seems anti-climactic.

Not that I don’t appreciate the man. He’s incredible and has given me a game that I don’t think will ever be replaced as my all time favorite. But I don’t think they’re done yet.
I'd personally say there are only two slots found in those data files found because they may not have started working on the characters other than the 2 after the Fighter's Pass. There should be more than 2 characters coming.

D

Deleted member

I don’t know how to feel about color theory and I feel like it’s only something we can give weight to posthumously. Like, if it is true. Then cool, but it’s probably a coincidence. They’re not picking the characters based on the background color they’re using in the advertising.
actually the color is also on their page

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t think it’s two because it’s a dinky number to end on.

Three additional characters? Fine, three is a nice, solid number. The rule of three’s is a thing after all.

Two additional characters? Now that’s just underwhelming.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If I can speak to it a bit, based on what was posted, there isn’t an indication of how many characters.

2 characters was an assumption made by another fan, and not quite what the point of the comment was. The only point, was that the website was updated to accommodate more updates for more fighters. Piranha Plant was the only “individual” fighter.

Basically we can’t know until we are told what’s going on. What we MIGHT see though, if you ask me, is an indication in the future of how the DLC will be handled. Whether that comes with Terry, with the presentation of Pick #5, or in a Smash Direct, I think they’ll go over it just like they introduced the original pass.

Frankly, I think it’s a Wave 2 or Season 2. The possibilities are just too great to leave it at less than 5, but what do I know?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Unova continues to get shafted smh
Yeah, I was disappointed by that as well. Say what you will about Unova, but I felt B2W2 had the right idea in its direction of handling third versions going forward. It expanded the world and gameplay by giving a more unique experience that benefitted from playing their predecessors. So for USUM to go back on that was pretty disappointing to me, on top of my other misgivings over the game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, I was disappointed by that as well. Say what you will about Unova, but I felt B2W2 had the right idea in its direction of handling third versions going forward. It expanded the world and gameplay by giving a more unique experience that benefitted from playing their predecessors. So for USUM to go back on that was pretty disappointing to me, on top of my other misgivings over the game.
USUM really shoulda just been S/M dlc or something. Or at least one version, not two separate ones.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Crash, I finally managed to get all Platinum Relics in CTR. It wasn't really that bad, the only tracks that gave me trouble were Papu's Pyramid, Dragon Mine and, funnily enough, Coco Park.

Next up, beating Tropy's and Oxide's times in Time Trial, which is more time consuming than difficult, due to having to play each track three times.

D

Deleted member

I know I'm super late on this, but it's costume time!

Psych! it's obscure card game time!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So anything new regarding the DLC fighter 5 and two DLC fighters datamining as well as Terry's release and supposedly direct?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just saw a “leak” with someone who leaked the game “Monkey Barrels”. That game was confirmed today. That dude also says the last fighter is Lloyd Irving.

Would be ok with that if it’s true, but I don’t really think it is.

Scratch that, I love Lloyd. I’d love the addition.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Getting a crit as Hero is one of the best feelings in the game.
Getting critted by Hero is one of the worst feelings in the game.

The feeling of getting crited by Hero as Hero depends if you got a crit first, let alone the entire game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm only seeing the "challengerBlade" slots for the currently available characters.

Where did the extra two slots come from?
-just checked the original post, and...

...yeah, there aren't any extra slots shown there, either. I don't think there's any reason to worry about how many extra fighters are coming.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what are everyone's plans for tonight?

Me gonna dress up as Rick Sanchez as I have for the pass few years now, sit down and watch Piranha 3D as I wait for trick or treaters to come to the house and any candy left I'll split with my dad.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Alright, here's my updated Sonic game tier list. Prepare for some controversy:

I didn't include games I haven't played at all. The games you see listed I've played at least one or two levels of, and those are exceptions. The mass majority of these games I've played to completion or close to it.
Wii version of Sonic Unleashed is higher than 360 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom