• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I’m not even joking guys.

Forget Crash and Sora at this point, I want to outright be surprised this time. (I still want them tho)

Give me Agumon & Phoenix Wright!
I yelled for the first time at a character reveal today. If they did Agumon I’d have a heart attack.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A key point for Resident Evil now too is? If they composite all 4 leads into one character? They still can make Leon/Jill the main alt.

Every mainline game has graced Nintendo systems now. And Leon and Jill are the two with the most Nintendo presence from even before that.

I really do think something is gonna happen with Resident Evil and damn that's exciting as hell to think about for me.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You've basically said the entire Direct sucked in no uncertain terms. The Banjo thing was just the most overt.

I thought the Microsoft presentation was incredibly boring outside of Halo and A Way to the Woods, but thought Ubisoft's was entertaining. It's an unpopular opinion, but I can say it without trying to bring other people down.
Honestly, I loved Microsoft's so much. The talking up of their next console that we couldn't even see yet was unnecessary, but I love their initiative of transforming the gaming industry from console competitors to software competitors. I was excited to see Ninja Theory and Obsidian with brand new titles. I was excited to have Battletoads back. I was excited by everything I saw with Gears 5. The Halo trailer was dope. Cyberpunk 2077 was impressive if that player character is seriously fully customizable like they said it was. Way to the Woods, 12 Minutes and Legend of Wright all look like easy buys for me. I'm also optimistic about the Blair Witch game, though I want to see more about how it actually plays first. And PC Games Pass is something I'm equally excited about, considering my very small PC library. And I'm definitely getting the new Elite controller.

AND THEY ****ING BROUGHT US PSO2. It's like finding out Spider-Man saved Lois Lane. Like, thank you Spidey, that's cool, but this isn't your scene, man. How was Sony not the one who bothered to convince Sega to bring their massive success Stateside?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bonus points to Sakurai if it's Jill as the main alt and the tag line is ''Jill gives you S.T.A.R.S.!"

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, to those of you worried that change isn't coming to the SwSh Pokedex, there's a hashtag that's trending in an effort to bring it back; not even Mario Maker 2 had a trending hashtag.

Go support it if you feel the need. I have no Twitter, so I can't do diddly squat to affect it. Best of luck to you, mates.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm technically on a week break from needing to do much mod-stuff, but I'd like to request that we keep arguing out of the topic. People want to enjoy talking about E3 and what they're excited about, so I'd like for us to focus on that positivity and take debates out of the thread.

Now I need to sleep. Apparently I'm getting breakfast in 6hrs at some place downtown.

Double K

Smash Lord
Dante's moveset is already filled to the brim using just the bare essentials making for a perfectly fine Smash moveset. Look at Bayonetta for a start who not only uses weapon switching, but also different demon summons in her original games. If overwhelming complexity is a factor, remember Nero relies on a charge input, a timed followup input on every normal move and his limitless possibilities of devil breakers on top of his snatch which would be a nightmare to balance.
* Bayonetta's gameplay 'image' is comboing into Wicked Weave's. It's not about swapping weapons, that is merely a bonus and gives you gameplay variety.
* Dante's gameset is based around style and weapon switching in 4 and 5. Sure, you can make an argument of only running Ebony & Ivory + Rebellion/Sparda/Dante and running Swordmaster/Gunslinger, and you'd have what is probably a really good moveset. But people think of those combo MADs with Dante where you go SWORDTRICKSWORDGUNTRICKROYALTRICKGUNSWORDTRICK
* If you want to make a good Dante, you need to incorporate Trickster and Royal Guard, but then he kind of just turns into Joker with a sword for his gun stuff
* If you're going with bare essentials, Nero is even easier since you can just assume Devil Bringer instead of Breaker and use his DMC4 moveset. The image for Nero's gameplay is the pulling with the DB and using Red Queen to knock enemies around, or Blue Rose's Color Up if you wanna bring in some DMC5 stuff, which can hold enemies in place.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I don’t know if this was discussed earlier (too many pages for me to backtrack) but does anyone think Travis Touchdown would be a possibility for the fifth spot? I’ve never played his games but it seems to somewhat fit into the time frame of the new one when it comes to promotional tie-ins.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Maybe you can do something with Joker, Snake (if Konami would allow it), and Bayonetta as the main M rated representatives trying to get into the Spencer Mansion/Raccoon City. Maybe use all 3 and Simon? Especially if it's all 4 RE heroes?

Bayonetta runs into in Racoon City during the zombie outbreak and fights alongside Jill on her way out.
Joker runs into Chris during the Spencer Estate incident. They go knive fighting with zombies together.
Simon and Leon have a shampoo commercial off with their glorious flowing locks fighting zombies in the Police Station together.
Snake protects Claire (and a cameo from Sherry) in the sewers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

kirkhope is just out here having the time of his life
It's nice seeing him so excited over this, dude's one of the greats when it comes to composing and it must be an awesome feeling to have your music in a Smash game.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I don’t know if this was discussed earlier (too many pages for me to backtrack) but does anyone think Travis Touchdown would be a possibility for the fifth spot? I’ve never played his games but it seems to somewhat fit into the time frame of the new one when it comes to promotional tie-ins.
Sorry, but he was deconfirmed sometime earlier this year by Suda51. Maybe in the next pass, but for this one, his chances are hanging out with Clanker.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe you can do something with Joker, Snake (if Konami would allow it), and Bayonetta as the main M rated representatives trying to get into the Spencer Mansion/Raccoon City. Maybe use all 3 and Simon? Especially if it's all 4 RE heroes?

Bayonetta runs into in Racoon City during the zombie outbreak and fights alongside Jill on her way out.
Joker runs into Chris during the Spencer Estate incident. They go knive fighting with zombies together.
Simon and Leon have a shampoo commercial off with their glorious flowing locks fighting zombies in the Police Station together.
Snake protects Claire and a cameo from Sherry in the sewers.
And then Kirby shows up and makes Jill a sandwich. Then they alll live happily ever after

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He's been one of those dudes a handful of people ask for since Brawl. Not one of the biggest request, but certainly a notable one, kind of like Layton in that regard I think. Would he set the world on fire like Sora or Scorpion? Nah, but he'd bring some buzz for sure. Would he be as well known as some other Sonic, Zelda or Mega Man character? Probably not, but he's not a total reach either.

Suda51 at least mentioned wanting Travis in Smash Multiple times, all of Travis' games are on Nintendo systems and he has great music to bring to the series. Not one my top 3 or anything, but an interesting dude nonetheless. Travis is a memorable guy so I think his inclusion is nothing but a positive one despite him not being a top choice of mine.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but he was deconfirmed sometime earlier this year by Suda51. Maybe in the next pass, but for this one, his chances are hanging out with Clanker.
Ah, good to know. As I said, I was pretty unfamiliar with him until this speculation cycle but seems like an interesting character. I can get behind reps from games I’ve never played if they seem compelling enough, like Joker. Never played Persona, but I’ve fallen in love with the music.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You joke but this sounds like a god damn Sakurai trailer ending joke if I've ever heard one.
It should be, it would be hilarious.

I love the idea of joker trying to rob the mansion though not knowing what ****s about to go down. Maybe the Belmont’s are there guarding it or show up to exorcise it’s monsters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah, good to know. As I said, I was pretty unfamiliar with him until this speculation cycle but seems like an interesting character. I can get behind reps from games I’ve never played if they seem compelling enough, like Joker. Never played Persona, but I’ve fallen in love with the music.
You're a bro for that. Keeping a pretty chill mentality.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
kirkhope is just out here having the time of his life
This is one of the reason why I'm happy Banjo got in Smash.

That, and Jontron and Vinny reaction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So how are people handling Hero and Banjo?
I cried and had the biggest stupidest grin when I saw the Dragon Quest IV Hero.
I cried and had the biggest stupidest grin when I saw the Dragon Quest VIII Hero.
I cried and had the biggest stupidest grin when I saw Banjo & Kazooie.
I basically have the biggest stupidest grin whenever I see the Dragon Quest VIII Hero render.

I MEAN LOOK AT THIS AWESOME LOOKING CHARACTER!!!
D8y5GPsWwAEELDT.jpg

Last edited:

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Been away from this forum for a long time just popped in to say I'm so glad Banjo-Kazooie is finally in, now everyone that should be in Smash is in...except Dixie, Kamek, and Bandana Waddle Dee.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I feel like the message directive by Sakurai was that the "Rare family" were finally back together, echoing Kirkhope (who was apart of the creative process for the trailer for sure), WE'RE HOME.
Sakurai's "made you wait, He's Back!!" ( minor OOF, Kazooie has rights ;_; ) reinforces that plus is quite facetious - they're back on a Nintendo console, most people would've thought for a very very long time (up until Cloud got into the game) that such a prospect would've never been possible.

Personally super elated about this. 20 years of Super Smash Bros and they're the addition I always either expected or wanted.
Did I believe as a little kid that doing some gruesomely difficult run with donkey kong in story mode of Smash64 would unlock Banjo-Kazooie? Probably not, but it's possible~
The Sonic in Melee one thus never fooled me!!!!
Don't think there's any other "old skool" Nintendo associated characters left that I personally liked/played games of.
It's over: Smash is a near-perfectly complete time capsule of the 1980s-early 2000s.
(Just my personal vibe here).

Also remember da thread motif: be nice and respectful.
Expressing a dislike for something is fine, but baiting/seeking justification to incessantly repeat it an incrementally more antagonistic fervor is ________. (purposely left blank)

What a wonderful day for so many late 80s/90s Nintendo/gaming fans! And more, of course!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom