• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh boy what we just needed. More MCU humor and formula.

Can't wait!

And thus the Roman Empire movie equivalent continues to grow if what I'm hearing is true.
Are you ****ing kidding me DC's finally getting good movies again and Disney's gonna ****ing buy them and make all their **** the safest movies around with no way to differentiate them in terms of humour, formula or action?

I ****ing hate these assholes they already have 40% of the film industry
LMAO the irony of this post. Its okay for you guys to say this but not me?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh boy what we just needed. More MCU humor and formula.

Can't wait!

And thus the Roman Empire movie equivalent continues to grow if what I'm hearing is true.

LMAO the irony of this post. Its okay for you guys to say this but not me?
Nobody criticized you for criticizing the MCU, people criticized you for constantly going "Oh but that other movie which is completely unrelated is PEE PEE POO POO BAD AWFUL UH OH STINKY". The comparison here was fitting considering the situation, being about Disney and DC, unlike Godzilla and Captain Marvel, or Godzilla and A Quiet Place, etc

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You really think the majority of parents think before they buy?

Oh yes, the cover is horrifying if you stop to look at it, but what's displayed BIG and BOLD for all to see? "Batman", and considering most parents probably grew up with the old Batman, they're not going to stop and think "Maybe this is ****ed up."

Yes, Parents don't think before they buy, why do you think we've lived through several "Dae think video games are satan?" inquisitions.
Being uneducated is not an excuse. And parents need to stop acting like it is. THINK before you buy something for your kid! Do some basic googling with that fancy computer in your pocket! Don’t blame the content for existing, it’s your bloody fault for being a ****ty parent!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You'd save yourselves the headaches if you actually looked into who the source is and the sort of **** the site the article is from frequently posts.

Being uneducated is not an excuse. And parents need to stop acting like it is. THINK before you buy something for your kid! Do some basic googling with that fancy computer in your pocket! Don’t blame the content for existing, it’s your bloody fault for being a ****ty parent!
That would mean people would have to hold themselves accountable.

D

Deleted member

dceu tried to be Dark And Edgy for their first movies and to this day their only good one is birds of prey

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The rumour I saw is that AT&T/Warner are looking at licensing out the comic rights to Disney/Marvel, not that Disney is buying the brand/subsidiary outright. It wouldn't really make sense for WB to sell DC because it's one of their very few notable franchises, and aside from the comics the brand is still doing well.
Exactly. People are only reading provocative headlines and freaking out before educating themselves. I am so sick and tired of us just allowing people to be stupid.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
wonder woman was mediocre and aquaman sucked

ww84 looks fun but that's just my hirshhorn bias
Dude no. Those two were great!

Descenting opinions will not be tolerated. Submit your brain for reprogramming.

You'd save yourselves the headaches if you actually looked into who the source is and the sort of **** the site the article is from frequently posts.

That would mean people would have to hold themselves accountable.
Trust me. I know how that feels. But using stupidity as an excuse for your own actions is not a valid reason. That kind of thinking is why 2016 happened. So let’s start curing the problem from the bottom and working our way up by having parents actually ****ing educate themselves before they buy something for their kids.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm gonna rank the DCEU films I've seen since we're discussing it (I have not seen Shazam or Birds of Prey, I regret to inform. They both sound like fun.) WARNING: I'm not a fan of many of these films.

1. Man of Steel- It was alright. Nothing really stood out to me about it, but it was well-enough made to keep me interested half the time.

2. Wonder Woman- Started with promise but to be honest I don't remember much about it. The characters in it aren't engaging to me for the most part, but it does have positives: I did enjoy the toilet swirly scene, and Diana's backstory is pretty neat. There are other scenes that I really enjoyed, but overall imo this movie is... eh, ok.

3. Aquaman- Started out with a lot of promise concerning Aquaman's backstory, but then fell into obscurity. The main issue I have with this movie is that it's too dang long. There are many parts that could've been cut from production. Not a fan of this one.

4. Batman v Superman- If they were going to build a proper cinematic universe, the company should've gone for a Batman origin story, THEN release this movie. And, the reason why I say this is because despite everyone and their mother knowing the origins of Batman/Bruce Wayne, having an Affleck Batman film within the DCEU would've made the franchise flow better as a whole. But, they didn't go for a slow build here... the DCEU aimed for a quick buck.

5. Suicide Squad- Aged poorly. Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn is FANTASTIC, and Deadshot and El Diablo are fun characters as well. But, the other cast members... to be honest, the cast is too large. Similar to Justice League, if they wanted the audience to enjoy each character to the fullest, they should've had other films lead up to an ensemble film so that the audience can thoroughly enjoy the cast. But, this didn't happen. The story telling is also incredibly disjointed and is some of the weirdest writing I've ever seen.

6. Justice League- I HATE THIS MOVIE. A lot, actually. It's one of my most disliked films of all time. This was released even before Aquaman's stand-alone film, so character development for him feels disjointed. Batman acts strange in this film and the cast as a whole is significantly hard to like. It gives a grand picture of all the issues I have with the early DCEU films: no proper introduction of characters, care isn't given to building up the world, lore, and landscape of the universe, and the scenes throughout the film are not memorable for the right reasons due to those factors. Not much of anything is memorable in this franchise at all, and if so then it's normally for the wrong reasons.

It's a shame, because to be honest the dark tones of DCEU could've served as a good foil to MCU's overall light-hearted storytelling (at least, for the most part). But, they need to execute it properly if these films are going to be appreciated. Well, with Shazam and Birds of Prey they've landed two hits in a row... hopefully this good track record keeps up and this "phase 2" ends up being far better than phase 1.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shazam! will always be the best DCEU movie. Looking forward to Black Adam and its sequel.

Also turns out this whole thing is not true.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Heyy, the MMZX Collection is out and I started playing Zero 4, since I already beated Zero 1-3.

And boooooy, after all this time, I definitly lost my MMZ skill and I'm getting my ass kick alot, but that's to be expected. The checkpoints definitly help reducing the frustarting factor of dying when the boss is almost dead.....or because you fall into a pit by mistake. :lol: 'hope I be able to come back where I left off quickly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
See in 50 minutes if we get the announcement of an direct otherwise tomorrow is our last chance and Zippo's credibility.
1) as we saw last week directs can literally be announced at any time of day.

2) Zippo called the theme of the AC direct and it’s exact date a few weeks back. That’s nothing to take lightly and given his past info if we don’t have a general direct, he really isn’t losing too much credibility as he still has a solid track record.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And some actually interesting masters lore, Valerie is from the Johto region originally and apparently friends with Erica

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Haven't seen it on my NetFlix as they tend to vary for people especially country. As for Hulu you'd have to check yourself as I don't use it.
Did some digging. Only way I can watch Shazam is via HBO's streaming service.
And Birds is still in theaters so maybe I'll go see it soon when I have free time...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm one of those weirdos who liked most of the DCEU movies. (even Justice League)

I thought Suicide Squad was all right (the villain was lame and poorly-developed, but plenty of movies are guilty of that, and it was a tough task to introduce the general audience to a bunch of B- or C-list villains and set them up as the protagonists), and the only movie that I had a negative stance on was the theatrical version of Batman v. Superman (and even then, it had its moments, and the extended version fixed some of my criticisms)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And some actually interesting masters lore, Valerie is from the Johto region originally and apparently friends with Erica
So she's the kimono girl with Sylveon as her partner? Neat.

Just when I thought things were okay I now have to worry about AT&T closing down DC...
The rumor goes that they are just closing down the comics division.

The IP's themselves and the movies and shows with them will be fine.

The cartoons were always the best part of DC anyway fite me.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So she's the kimono girl with Sylveon as her partner? Neat.

The rumor goes that they are just closing down the comics division.

The IP's themselves and the movies and shows with them will be fine.

The cartoons were always the best part of DC anyway fite me.
It's not even that, they're talking about bringing in Hollywood writers to reinvigorate the comics before anything else, as far as I know there has been no talk whatsoever of closing anything down.

D

Deleted member

I liked Man of Steel just for its awful and edgy writing.

"The fact that you have morals and we do not gives us an evolutionary advantage. And has history shows, evolution always wins."

But yeah, unless you're Wonder Woman or Shazam, I didn't like you.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

"The fact that you have morals and we do not gives us an evolutionary advantage. And has history shows, evolution always wins."

Wasn't that a quote from one of the villains? (if that was even in the movie at all - I can't recall that line, but it's been a while) That's like using a quote from Voldemort to claim that the Harry Potter novels are corrupting children.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't that a quote from one of the villains? (if that was even in the movie at all - I can't recall that line, but it's been a while) That's like using a quote from Voldemort to claim that the Harry Potter novels are corrupting children.
I mean, I can also talk about how Superman's dad was like "How dare you save a bus full of children from drowning" or how he doesn't let Clark save people from a tornado and then proceeds to die because of it.

osby

Smash Obsessed

That's how you destroy someone with FACTS AND LOGIC, kids.

Nevermind that cooperation is an evolutionary advantage and a certain amount of established morals helps to keep a community together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's how you destroy someone with FACTS AND LOGIC, kids.

Nevermind that cooperation is an evolutionary advantage and a certain amount of established morals helps to keep a community together.
Megadoomer was right. It was a villain's quote, but it sounded so ****ing stupid and alien even my dad ended up memeing it.

Yes I know she is a literal alien, but not my point.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I do find it funny that older gens are wondering why our (ie, millenial and gen z) humor is so wierd, and yet
These are the same gens that had Spongebob, Chowder, Flapjack, Regular Show, FoP, and the like. It's kinda not our fault.
I have watched shows from the 80s to the 2020s, yet I can accept most of their humors...what matters is that the show is actually good
I don't see an age rating here:

And regardless, they're better safe than sorry. It's already a niche market, the last thing they want are Karens mad that the funny man in tights book isn't the Gold/Silver age anymore.
ah...good times with that Joker...lead to Harley becoming more of a hero and Barbara regained movement in all of her body
The rumour I saw is that AT&T/Warner are looking at licensing out the comic rights to Disney/Marvel, not that Disney is buying the brand/subsidiary outright. It wouldn't really make sense for WB to sell DC because it's one of their very few notable franchises, and aside from the comics the brand is still doing well.
even if DC Comics were to be sold to Disney, I doubt Warner Bros would have a say in it (like how Marvel didn’t have a say in James Gunn being fired or Spider-Man dealing with that Disney/Sony divorce...thank you once again drunk Tom Holland)
wonder woman was mediocre and aquaman sucked

ww84 looks fun but that's just my hirshhorn bias
FayNo
Shazam! will always be the best DCEU movie. Looking forward to Black Adam and its sequel.

Also turns out this whole thing is not true.
Wonder Woman and BoP are also acceptable choices

Birds of Prey in the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom