• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Jesus, when even your meek best friend is giving you lip you know you've fallen pretty far.
Krillin and Chaozu were the MVP's of the latest Super chapter (Well, Krillin mostly, and 17 and 18 I guess). Krillin defeated one of Moro's strongest minions singlehandedly after a long drawn out fight:

And he helped Goku find his way to Earth miraculously. MVP.

Tenshinhan and Chaozu were fighting U7's equivalent of Magetta from U6. Chaozu paralyzed him while Tenshinhan attacked which didn't work. Keep in mind that Super Saiyan Vegeta couldn't make one move either.

So, since Tenshinhan can't insult people effectively Chaozu had to step up and get the job done.

He then turns around and insults Tenshinhan. Chaozu's characterization was always supposed to be the one of a quiet guy that only talks to roast people. That was forgotten after the 22nd Budokai since Toriyama wasn't interested in writing him.

Tenshinhan and Chaozu are now helping Yamcha fight another strong Moro minion.

Vegeta's learning new techniques with the Yardrats and Goku learned how to "turn on" Ultra Instinct at will with an Angel who worked for the Galactic Patrol. Gohan, Piccolo, , Jaco, the Cyborgs and Roshi all did things while Goten and Trunks are *still* completely irrelevant and written out of the story. The usual.

Kikoho really is the last most imp thing Tien will ever do
Probably. I dunno, unless he does something cool in the next chapter.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do find it funny that older gens are wondering why our (ie, millenial and gen z) humor is so wierd, and yet
These are the same gens that had Spongebob, Chowder, Flapjack, Regular Show, FoP, and the like. It's kinda not our fault.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Wonder what it would be like if there were Casual Invitational style tournaments for the rest of the Smash games.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I do find it funny that older gens are wondering why our (ie, millenial and gen z) humor is so wierd, and yet
These are the same gens that had Spongebob, Chowder, Flapjack, Regular Show, FoP, and the like. It's kinda not our fault.
I have a simpler explanation

Tourettes Guy :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Comics really don't sell outside of book stores or hobby shops tbh.

Then there's the issue that a lot of comics are a bit too mature for certain age demographics, which scares off a lot of big box stores like Target or Walmart. The last thing you really want is Little Timmy who likes Batman seeing Batman in Walmart and having his mom buy it for him, only for it to be the arc where the Joker cut off his face and tortured Robin with extreme grotesque imagery.
And that’s why Comics, like all media, have age ratings on the cover. Seriously. They’re there for a reason and I don’t know why parents can get away with that as an excuse. It’s not the media’s fault for existing, it’s your fault for being a ****ty parent and not looking at the rating on the ****ing box.

God I wish I had my own kids.

Shroob

Sup?
And that’s why Comics, like all media, have age ratings on the cover. Seriously. They’re there for a reason and I don’t know why parents can get away with that as an excuse. It’s not the media’s fault for existing, it’s your fault for being a ****ty parent and not looking at the rating on the ****ing box.

God I wish I had my own kids.
I don't see an age rating here:

1582607143574.png

And regardless, they're better safe than sorry. It's already a niche market, the last thing they want are Karens mad that the funny man in tights book isn't the Gold/Silver age anymore.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't see an age rating here:

And regardless, they're better safe than sorry. It's already a niche market, the last thing they want are Karens mad that the funny man in tights book isn't the Gold/Silver age anymore.
See. The problem is that the rating is on the barcode. So while on single issues it’s displayed prominently on the front, on trade paperbacks like you have pictured it’s hidden on the back corner. It’s a dumb cheet.

Also. Even without a rating you should know not to buy THAT for your kid.

Shroob

Sup?
See. The problem is that the rating is on the barcode. So while on single issues it’s displayed prominently on the front, on trade paperbacks like you have pictured it’s hidden on the back corner. It’s a dumb cheet.

Also. Even without a rating you should know not to buy THAT for your kid.
You really think the majority of parents think before they buy?

Oh yes, the cover is horrifying if you stop to look at it, but what's displayed BIG and BOLD for all to see? "Batman", and considering most parents probably grew up with the old Batman, they're not going to stop and think "Maybe this is ****ed up."

Yes, Parents don't think before they buy, why do you think we've lived through several "Dae think video games are satan?" inquisitions.

D

Deleted member

Calling Fire Emblem fans. The new arranged album is out and some of these songs are pure beauty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
All I know about the industry is that manga used to be sold exclusively in comic book stores here in the west until Tokyopop discovered they had a ton of licensed shojo that they couldn't sell to comic regulars (men basically) and made a deal with Borders to sell their books where more women and children congregated, bookstores :yoshi:

link2702

Smash Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTOvg00AZWc

So...I just discovered this terrifying music video and now I have to share it with everyone.

Well.....I found it terrifying anyway, then again I always hated animatronics(but fnaf doesn't scare me for some reason...come to think of it no "horror" video game ever has scared me, not fnaf, not RE, not silent hill. Got "creeped out" by em once and awhile, but nothing that just outright fit the definition of nightmare fuel for me...)

Anyway, enjoy the video right before your bed time. :)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
why does a phone company own DC comics?
AT&T owns about as much as Disney bro. Maybe more.

Edit: Actually probably, definitely, more.

They own WarnerMedia, everything WarnerMedia, DC, and a ton more.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTOvg00AZWc

So...I just discovered this terrifying music video and now I have to share it with everyone.

Well.....I found it terrifying anyway, then again I always hated animatronics(but fnaf doesn't scare me for some reason...come to think of it no "horror" video game ever has scared me, not fnaf, not RE, not silent hill. Got "creeped out" by em once and awhile, but nothing that just outright fit the definition of nightmare fuel for me...)

Anyway, enjoy the video right before your bed time. :)
Seems cool, kinda sad.

Funny, there’s actually a website for that animatronic’s place (found it in the comments), seems to just be marketing for the music video, but it gives off a FNAF feeling when reading it...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Are you ****ing kidding me DC's finally getting good movies again and Disney's gonna ****ing buy them and make all their **** the safest movies around with no way to differentiate them in terms of humour, formula or action?
image0.gif

I ****ing hate these assholes they already have 40% of the film industry

D

Deleted member

Are you ****ing kidding me DC's finally getting good movies again and Disney's gonna ****ing buy them and make all their **** the safest movies around with no way to differentiate them in terms of humour, formula or action?
View attachment 263749
Shoutouts to that soda can the size of a medium sized boulder.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
View attachment 263749
The rumour I saw is that AT&T/Warner are looking at licensing out the comic rights to Disney/Marvel, not that Disney is buying the brand/subsidiary outright. It wouldn't really make sense for WB to sell DC because it's one of their very few notable franchises, and aside from the comics the brand is still doing well.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The source on the DC comics stuff is a guy that got ran out of the industry for being a huge piece of **** and the article itself is from a garbage site that throws all sorts of **** at the wall to get attention at best and at worst, propagates comicsgate trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom