• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
How's everyone doing today?
My monday can be split into 3 acts:

Morning- horrible
Afternoon- meh
Evening- pretty dang good

ZephyrZ ZephyrZ shielding vanilla WAS originally nerfed in ultimate, but with increasing shield size for many characters in the recent patch, shielding is now nearly as good as it was in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
My mom brought home some stuff to make sandwiches with, so I ended up making a honey ham hoagie. Turned out pretty good!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
How's everyone doing today?
xD Pretty good, feeling pretty dumb of not having realized that the Lord of the Rings movies (at least 2 of them) were on Netflix this entire time, and since I only remember VERY little of them since, well, only my oldest siblings watched them (xD I was like, 7/8 years old I think) and I was scared of Gollum, guess now I can put myself through them after years of not doing so. I might be just missing the first... x'D It's embarrassing to admit it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just had the scare of a lifetime. I went to turn my Switch on, but nothing was loading. It wouldn't even enter sleep mode. Turning it off and on again fixed it, but I still want to know what that was all about.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I doubt it’s true...but AT&T could possibly shut down DC Comics

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I heavily doubt they would pull such a move considering how much DC pulls in.
yeah. Apparently it has to do with whether or not 5G and whatever the next “reboot” DC plans to do fails

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh my Palutena...now the world wants me to believe Marvel will run DC Comics

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If that ever happens DC will be thoroughly ruined.
I can’t agree not disagree with you...and that’s weird. It'd be dumb to do another reboot to DC while it would also be dumb to shut down then license to Marvel (who’s already busy with their own things). AT&T better fix their possible mess

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can’t agree not disagree with you...and that’s weird. It'd be dumb to do another reboot to DC while it would also be dumb to shut down then license to Marvel (who’s already busy with their own things). AT&T better fix their possible mess
Why on earth are they rebooting again in the first place?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
cause the last head hancho (? idk ?) wants to have some legacy characters like what Marvel has done
I just read up on it and it’s very complicated. All AT&T wants to do is shut down the comic publishing arm, or possibly hand off publishing duties to marvel. Not the creation of the comics. Not the writing or the drawing. Literally just the publishing. AT&T has said specifically that keeping the DC IPs under their belt are very important to them so there i way they’d sell it.

And the guy who was in charge of this reboot was fired and AT&T does not want to release the books at all.

D

Deleted member

I would suggest to remain cautious of the DC Comics stuff.

The news came from a really shaky source which has been wrong with similar cases in the past (such as the rumours of Marvel ending their comic division last year).

It is better to wait for official word before getting worried.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just read up on it and it’s very complicated. All AT&T wants to do is shut down the comic publishing arm, or possibly hand off publishing duties to marvel. Not the creation of the comics. Not the writing or the drawing. Literally just the publishing. AT&T has said specifically that keeping the DC IPs under their belt are very important to them so there i way they’d sell it.

And the guy who was in charge of this reboot was fired and AT&T does not want to release the books at all.
Yeah. Imagine if they could shut down all comics...that would ****ing suck. The DC Comics definitely need to stay, cause Batman is getting real good

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. Imagine if they could shut down all comics...that would ****ing suck. The DC Comics definitely need to stay, cause Batman is getting real good
To be fair. The actual Comics just aren’t as profitable as they used to be. Partly because big retailers just don’t carry them for some reason. Partly because buying a bunch of single issues to keep up with a series can be really expensive for the consumer, to the point they’d just rather avoid it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be fair. The actual Comics just aren’t as profitable as they used to be. Partly because big retailers just don’t carry them for some reason. Partly because buying a bunch of single issues to keep up with a series can be really expensive for the consumer, to the point they’d just rather avoid it.
Unfortunately that’s true, especially with movies becoming their main source of money (despite Birds of Prey not making what they probably expected...there’s still Joker)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I just found out my far away friend is being bullied by some jerks at school
If I had any money I swear i'd fly out to Alaska to deal with those idiots -_-

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just found out my far away friend is being bullied by some jerks at school
If I had any money I swear i'd fly out to Alaska to deal with those idiots -_-
and I heard one of my mothers students was being bullied by some ****stick to the point to where they wanted to kill themselves. If I wasn’t a grown *** human I’d have beat that kids *** tbh (censor all of my words SB...I demand you to via edit)

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
IMG_20200223_234239.jpg

Doomguy: What? I like this...
I think i love this Animal Crossing x Doom crossover madness

Rizen

Smash Legend
The past 2 weeks I learned organizing smashfests is hard. I posted an event of the local smash FB group and said comment and I'll give you my address but nobody did. Only a few "maybes" who don't even know where it is. I thought lots of people would want a place to practice ultimate.

Shroob

Sup?
Comics really don't sell outside of book stores or hobby shops tbh.

Then there's the issue that a lot of comics are a bit too mature for certain age demographics, which scares off a lot of big box stores like Target or Walmart. The last thing you really want is Little Timmy who likes Batman seeing Batman in Walmart and having his mom buy it for him, only for it to be the arc where the Joker cut off his face and tortured Robin with extreme grotesque imagery.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
WOL nuzlocke update
WE ARE SO CLOSE TO THE LAST bATTLE

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OzvGNIbhSUCi6X8tGw0hnSR7PUo_z11ZDtGTSggxfWY/edit?usp=sharing

Day 11 (February 24th, 2020)

Alive/Rescued: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Terry, Fox, Lucas, Falco, Ness, Mii Gunner/Sans, Olimar, Link, Mii Brawler, Zelda, Cloud, Chrom, Ganondorf, Wario, Ridley, R.O.B., Wolf, Ike, Roy, Byleth, Bayonetta, Palutena

Dead/Defeated

• 1st Out: Sheik (Shinobu battle)
  • 2nd Out: Jigglypuff (Fi battle)
  • 3rd Out: Inkling (Infinite battle)
  • 4th Out: Piranha Plant (Deep Breathing battle)
  • 5th Out: Villager (Marin battle)
  • 6th Out: Kirby (Rayman battle)
  • 7th Out: Lucario (Culdra battle)
  • 8th Out: Marth (Affinity battle)
  • 9th Out: Dr. Mario (Susie battle)
  • 10th Out: Hero (Andy battle)
  • 11th Out: Yoshi (Sigma battle)
  • 12th Out: Wii Fit Trainer (Sigma battle)
  • 13th Out: Simon (Ellie battle)
  • 14th Out: Pit (Orbulon battle)
  • 15th Out: Donkey Kong (Flying Man battle)
  • 16th Out: Ice Climbers (Star Rod battle)
  • 17th Out: Pikachu (Funky Kong battle)
  • 18th Out: Isabelle (Raikou, Entei, & Suicune battle)
  • 19th Out: Samus (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy battle)
  • 20th Out: Banjo & Kazooie (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 21st Out: Pichu (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 22nd Out: Pac-Man (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 23rd Out: Snake (Kraid battle)
  • 24th Out: Mii Swordfighter (Dry Bowser battle)
  • 25th Out: Dark Pit (Amy battle)
  • 26th Out: Young Link (Andross battle)
  • 27th Out: Robin (Isaac battle)
  • 28th Out: Sonic (Roy character rescue)
  • 29th Out: Greninja (Wedding Bowser battle)
  • 30th Out: Mewtwo (Claus battle)
  • 31st Out: Meta Knight (Claus battle)
  • 32nd Out: Dark Samus (Mythra battle)
  • 33rd Out: Joker (Mythra battle)

Special events: Just a few battles left to go… oh yeah, Byleth joins the crew randomly due to DLC yay. We had some complications before freeing up a path to the final battle, but dark samus got the job done. It was then off to fight crazy hand to put the finishing touches on the endgame section of the map. Along the way, it became a requirement to rescue bayonetta, which I’m TOTALLY cool with since she’s my go-to pocket character in competitive play. After Crazy hand was defeated, Master hand and palutena needed to be rescued. The Mythra battle is also horrendously hard. But then I remembered… the king of koopas exists, and it all ended up ok somehow. Palutena was rescued shortly thereafter, and the final character to join the party. After restoring balance to the force and having equal parts light and dark… it was time to head toward the final battle. Controlling Master hand was too stressful.

We have reached… THE TRUE END. Here are the fighters that remain standing: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Terry, Fox, Lucas, Falco, Ness, Mii Gunner/Sans, Olimar, Link, Mii Brawler, Zelda, Cloud, Chrom, Ganondorf, Wario, Ridley, R.O.B., Wolf, Ike, Roy, Byleth, Bayonetta, and Palutena. 26 fighters remain. Will it be enough to take down Galeem and Dharkon… find out next time, on the FINALE EPISODE, of HATTY’S WORLD OF LIGHT NUZLOCKE!

D

Deleted member

WOL nuzlocke update
WE ARE SO CLOSE TO THE LAST bATTLE

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OzvGNIbhSUCi6X8tGw0hnSR7PUo_z11ZDtGTSggxfWY/edit?usp=sharing

Day 11 (February 24th, 2020)

Alive/Rescued: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Terry, Fox, Lucas, Falco, Ness, Mii Gunner/Sans, Olimar, Link, Mii Brawler, Zelda, Cloud, Chrom, Ganondorf, Wario, Ridley, R.O.B., Wolf, Ike, Roy, Byleth, Bayonetta, Palutena

Dead/Defeated

• 1st Out: Sheik (Shinobu battle)
  • 2nd Out: Jigglypuff (Fi battle)
  • 3rd Out: Inkling (Infinite battle)
  • 4th Out: Piranha Plant (Deep Breathing battle)
  • 5th Out: Villager (Marin battle)
  • 6th Out: Kirby (Rayman battle)
  • 7th Out: Lucario (Culdra battle)
  • 8th Out: Marth (Affinity battle)
  • 9th Out: Dr. Mario (Susie battle)
  • 10th Out: Hero (Andy battle)
  • 11th Out: Yoshi (Sigma battle)
  • 12th Out: Wii Fit Trainer (Sigma battle)
  • 13th Out: Simon (Ellie battle)
  • 14th Out: Pit (Orbulon battle)
  • 15th Out: Donkey Kong (Flying Man battle)
  • 16th Out: Ice Climbers (Star Rod battle)
  • 17th Out: Pikachu (Funky Kong battle)
  • 18th Out: Isabelle (Raikou, Entei, & Suicune battle)
  • 19th Out: Samus (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy battle)
  • 20th Out: Banjo & Kazooie (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 21st Out: Pichu (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 22nd Out: Pac-Man (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 23rd Out: Snake (Kraid battle)
  • 24th Out: Mii Swordfighter (Dry Bowser battle)
  • 25th Out: Dark Pit (Amy battle)
  • 26th Out: Young Link (Andross battle)
  • 27th Out: Robin (Isaac battle)
  • 28th Out: Sonic (Roy character rescue)
  • 29th Out: Greninja (Wedding Bowser battle)
  • 30th Out: Mewtwo (Claus battle)
  • 31st Out: Meta Knight (Claus battle)
  • 32nd Out: Dark Samus (Mythra battle)
  • 33rd Out: Joker (Mythra battle)

Special events: Just a few battles left to go… oh yeah, Byleth joins the crew randomly due to DLC yay. We had some complications before freeing up a path to the final battle, but dark samus got the job done. It was then off to fight crazy hand to put the finishing touches on the endgame section of the map. Along the way, it became a requirement to rescue bayonetta, which I’m TOTALLY cool with since she’s my go-to pocket character in competitive play. After Crazy hand was defeated, Master hand and palutena needed to be rescued. The Mythra battle is also horrendously hard. But then I remembered… the king of koopas exists, and it all ended up ok somehow. Palutena was rescued shortly thereafter, and the final character to join the party. After restoring balance to the force and having equal parts light and dark… it was time to head toward the final battle. Controlling Master hand was too stressful.

We have reached… THE TRUE END. Here are the fighters that remain standing: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Terry, Fox, Lucas, Falco, Ness, Mii Gunner/Sans, Olimar, Link, Mii Brawler, Zelda, Cloud, Chrom, Ganondorf, Wario, Ridley, R.O.B., Wolf, Ike, Roy, Byleth, Bayonetta, and Palutena. 26 fighters remain. Will it be enough to take down Galeem and Dharkon… find out next time, on the FINALE EPISODE, of HATTY’S WORLD OF LIGHT NUZLOCKE!
I can't believe Erdrick is ****ing dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom