• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For the record, while we still don't know much about it the fatality rate of the Corona Virus is thought to be around 2%. The fatality rate for the common flu is closer to 0.1%.

2% isn't going to cause the black plague or the apocalypse, but it is much worse then the flu. The only reason more people have died from the flu is because it's currently more common.

I don't think having a little caution is unwarranted, either until it starts to die down or until a vaccine is developed. It's can be good to remind people not to panic, but it's insensitive to act like the corona virus isn't a problem at all. The goal of containing these diseases is so that they do die down.
Still we're all not gonna die as some people are making it out to be like every so called outbreak. Swine flu? Zika virus? Swine flu killed over 200,000.

Still here.

Plus coronavirus only has the same symptoms as the common flu does and majority that's died are over 50 and elderly.

I do however apologize if I came across insensitive. Just tired of all this exaggerated fearmongering.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I won't really be bothered if there's no direct this week. Although an update on a certain witch would be nice.
And y'know smash too, it'd be super neat if Crash was really next.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If it ain’t this week it’ll be next week. It won’t be a long wait lol
Okay, but I need the direct to air now so I can go back to sleeping at night.

Nintendo can burn for making us all suffer for this long.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what are everyone hoping for the next general direct?

Me

-FP6
-Paper Mario 4
-Rare Replay or remasters of Kazooie and Tooie

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-Corona virus shuts down most of china

all kinds of products now can’t be made or shipped, many people died, and public places are all shut down, hurting the international economy.

Guess that all means absolutely nothing because the common cold is worse somehow.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
-Corona virus shuts down most of china

all kinds of products now can’t be made or shipped, many people died, and public places are all shut down, hurting the international economy.

Guess that all means absolutely nothing because the common cold is worse somehow.
That's because the Chinese government is corrupted and not doing anything about it whereas outside the country other countries are managing to contain it. That and China is highly populated having the highest population of any country.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey look. This person is drawing Smash characters in Yoshi's Island style

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's because the Chinese government is corrupted and not doing anything about it whereas outside the country other countries are managing to contain it.
It’s less corruption more that they don’t know how to handle it. They don’t have medical advancements. And it’s still a problem enough elsewhere.

Yeah it’s not going to wipe the planet but it’s not a small thing by any means.

Fear mongoling was all the stupidity around ww3

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It’s less corruption more that they don’t know how to handle it. They don’t have medical advancements. And it’s still a problem enough elsewhere.

Yeah it’s not going to wipe the planet but it’s not a small thing by any means.

Fear mongoling was all the stupidity around ww3
Still my point is we've had the swine flu that killed over 200,000.

Plus majority of deaths are people over 50 or elderly. Not to come across being insensitive because even the death of one innocent is an tragedy. I'm just trying to get these people to understand this isn't the new black plague as they make it out to be.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ok, so another awful thing is happening at my Islands alongside the haze storm and the fire in my island.

I don't want to make people here seriously scared... But the corona virus has hit the Islands again. This time due to an italian doctor in Tenerife.

Unless my parents go nuts and make me go out, I Will try to stay inside home all the time until It gets vanished again.
:( Oh no. Please, stay safe. Trata de tomar la mayor cantidad de precauciones que puedas. Dios los cuide a todos.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still my point is we've had the swine flu that killed over 200,000.

Plus majority of deaths are people over 50 or elderly. Not to come across being insensitive because even the death of one innocent is an tragedy. I'm just trying to get these people to understand this isn't the new black plague as they make it out to be.
Tbh I think the later is a bit insensitive.
50 is still very young. Let’s say you love to 80 or 90, have 30 or 40 years of life away(nearly half your life) because of a virus, is terrible.

There’s plenty of people in the 50s still young, in shape and able to do a lot. My parents are in the 50s and I far from think they are old

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tbh I think the later is a bit insensitive.
50 is still very young. Let’s say you love to 80 or 90, have 30 or 40 years of life away(nearly half your life) because of a virus, is terrible.

There’s plenty of people in the 50s still young, in shape and able to do a lot. My parents are in the 50s and I far from think they are old
Fair point I didn't really think of that. I always just thought of it that way because 1-50 and 51-100.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is diabetes waiting to happen, but I still want to try it.:love:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Ugh. I think I still had some conditioner on my hands after the shower because when I ate my sandwich that **** tasted like mad chemicals out of nowhere.

D

Deleted member

I just had an argument at Forest Maze because someone unironically wanted Wario in a Switch port of 3D World instead of him getting a new Wario Land title and they found my wish of Pauline in SM3DW Switch as a menace.

It didn't go terribly bad, but still kinda sad some people feel that Pauline getting cut from everything is great and also despise the idea of good franchises such as Wario Land returning.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Does anyone know stuff about what will get you specific ESRB ratings?
It is EXTREMELY nebulous and has to go through the board as a result. For instance, Super Mario Odyssey has an E10+ for ESRB and a 12+ for PEGI for completely separate reasons. The former has to do with the tank enemy you capture and the latter has to do with the dragon boss :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It is EXTREMELY nebulous and has to go through the board as a result. For instance, Super Mario Odyssey has an E10+ for ESRB and a 12+ for PEGI for completely separate reasons. The former has to do with the tank enemy you capture and the latter has to do with the dragon boss :yoshi:
I see.... I’m just wondering the lowest possible rating the great mighty poo in Conker could get if you cut out the cursing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom