• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, artists of the board, I have a quick lil question:

What are some must-have supplies that I should get? I'm on a pretty tight budget atm(because I need to spend $60 on RPGmaker) so anything under $30 is prefered.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Could get buried but my God is 1917's soundtrack so good. If you want your day to slow for a few minutes I'd give it a listen.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finally giving Teen Titans a shot. Three episodes in. No idea what people see in this show.
The first season isn't the best, especially at the start, but it get better and better with time.

Gonna take your time with it.

D

Deleted member

Since I'm axing most of the plot, I redid the logo I am going to use.

Here, have a lil look!
Untitled (1).jpg

Not 100% done yet, but this is the basis of where I'm going to design it from.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Actually looks pretty clean tbh
That's Graphic Design in a nutshell; don't go too overboard, and it'll do what you want it too.
What's really funny is that this didn't take very long: Pixlr is very easy to use once you learn how it works.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which Teen Titans? The original?

If so then just keep watching and see what you think
Yes. The original.
take it back https://i.redd.it/xazynfj3rcw11.jpg

No but really it gets better don't worry.
The first season isn't the best, especially at the start, but it get better and better with time.

Gonna take your time with it.
Message received. I can certainly respect that. Not every show starts off on it’s best foot.
I'm not sure it's a series you would like tbh, at least with the bare bones knowledge I have of your preferences.
Hey. I grew up on 2000s action shows and I love DC Comics. It’s not at least unreasonable that I would like it.

I still don’t get why they’re in superhero mode all the time though. Starfire and Raven... I kind of get. But spandex can’t be something comfortable to wear when your just watching TV (looks at Robin and Beast Boy). And it’s still weird to me that they don’t call each other by their real names in the privacy of their own home.

But this is just surface level nitpick stuff that I had taken issue with even before I really ever actually watched the show.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Could get buried but my God is 1917's soundtrack so good. If you want your day to slow for a few minutes I'd give it a listen.
1917 is the best movie to come out in YEARS it should have easily taken Oscar for Best Picture but was apparently eliminated very early because the board or whatever decided the single take camera trickery they did, that was incredible and revolutionary by the way, was "too gimmicky"... **** the Oscar's dude.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know my morning mantra all too well.
Haven't been here for a few days. Been living a real nightmare. Stuck in a house with no communication, no food, and nobody there to help.

I don't even know why I bother anymore.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just had a pizza with my dearly beloved.:happysheep:

Just kidding, on the dearly beloved part, I did eat a pizza.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haven't been here for a few days. Been living a living nightmare. Stuck in a house with no communication, no food, and nobody there to help.

I don't even know why I bother anymore.
Never give up, even if the going gets tough.
Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 1.09.17 PM.png

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1917 is the best movie to come out in YEARS it should have easily taken Oscar for Best Picture but was apparently eliminated very early because the board or whatever decided the single take camera trickery they did, that was incredible and revolutionary by the way, was "too gimmicky"... **** the Oscar's dude.
Without a doubt it was brilliant. I'd give it about 8.5 out of 10. That's mainly me not really being a fan of war films and outside of the two main characters it the cast felt underused but that's sort of the cost of trying to do it one shot in my view.

Still the shot gimmick was perfect and really more films could do with it or more experimental shooting. And as I posted the soundtrack is great and thats rare from me as I don't usually notice music in films compared to games,

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I want a game with Breath of the Wild's "open air" gameplay, set in a more prosperous time. I want to explore places like the Temple of Time, Lon Lon Ranch, Castle Town, Akkala Citadel, etc before they were destroyed.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I still don’t get why they’re in superhero mode all the time though. Starfire and Raven... I kind of get. But spandex can’t be something comfortable to wear when your just watching TV (looks at Robin and Beast Boy). And it’s still weird to me that they don’t call each other by their real names in the privacy of their own home.

But this is just surface level nitpick stuff that I had taken issue with even before I really ever actually watched the show.
I complain about that too lol, I still found the show enjoyable despite it though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I complain about that too lol, I still found the show enjoyable despite it though.
Just watched the Thunder and Lightning episode..... this reeks of being an episode that started out about Black Lightning’s kids of the same name, but it is well known that in the early 2000s BL’s creator wasn’t down with him and his supporting cast appearing in animation, do they quickly re-worked it and created these two samurai spirits to use instead. That’s my theory anyway.

That reminds me, why do these kids not have any adult supervision?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Happy Valentine's Day everyone. What's everyone's plans?

Me? Well gotta work both jobs so so nothing really but will be seeing my grandma next week otherwise.
I'm going on a long date with my girlfriend tonight, part of which includes going to see Sonic the Hedgehog. You know, the perfect Valentine's Day movie.

I was really turned off on the movie not solely because of the original design (which was horrendous) but because the plot is the most generic and soulless one they could've gone with. Sonic coming from another world to ours, and having to team up with a cop and engage in wacky shenanigans. It's so unimaginative and cynical. The first trailer with freaking "Gangster's Paradise" playing didn't do any favors.

But the new design they went with, designed by Tyson Hesse, is great, and I hear that the performances really carry the film. The second trailer actually looked rather fun and entertaining, too. Critic and audience reviews are also quite positive, which is genuinely surprising.

So I'm willing to give it a shot despite my writer's heart hating the generic plot. I might still hate it, but I might actually like it after all.

D

Deleted member

Since I'm axing most of the plot, I redid the logo I am going to use.

Here, have a lil look!

Not 100% done yet, but this is the basis of where I'm going to design it from.
Little progress update!
Untitled (2).jpg

Still not 100% done, but it's starting to look pretty good.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So has anyone been like me and had the privilege of a week off this week?
*raise hand*

I had one week off for my birthday, and while I'm sad it's coming to a end soon, it's still really nice to relax a bit & take care of personal project and whatnot.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Finally giving Teen Titans a shot. Three episodes in. No idea what people see in this show.
The show's humor and style was unique for the time. It might not be anything special by today's standards, though.

What makes the show truly memorable is when it starts getting more plot-heavy. Everything involving Slade is masterclass, and there's other stories and arcs that are really great. Underneath the humor and cartoonishness, there's some really mature and interesting writing and characterization.

Which is why Teen Titans GO! got such backlash. It's goes the complete opposite direction in tone, despite having the same character designs and voice actors. If they'd changed the designs and voices to make it more distinct, it would be more accepted as it's own thing, but the connections to the original make it hard to separate the two. Not a bad show in its own, but confusing with its decisions there.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Consider, if you will, a sex robot.

This sex robot is programmed to fulfill it’s master’s every desire. And it’s master’s particular kink is spanking.

Now, the laws of robotics dictate that no robot shall ever harm a human in any way, and this robot must follow those rules. But if it’s master wants to be spanked, it’s programmed to do as such.

What does the robot do? Discuss.
Can we PLEASE not do this today. I cant say Im in the ****ing mood

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I go to take care of dogs and see the bike tire is completly flat so I went door to door asking for a bike pump, neighbour put air in bike with a compressor and by the time I got to the house, it was flat again. Pumped air in it at the persons house, went flat in minutes so I had to walk to and from a house miles away in 40+ ° weather and then try to find the leak at home. Cant find it, Ifinds bike pump in shed, they to use it, find out the tube is broken on it and now Im stuck with a flat front tired on a bike, a cold body and a sore back

Happy Valentines Day to me

D

Deleted member

Did another quick doodle of ???
IMG_20200214_140454 (1).jpg

Haven't finalized the design yet, but I've already finalized most of the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A cool cover of Gravity Beetle's theme. Probably in my top 5 tracks from Mega Man X3. Metalltool usually does really good stuff as it is anyway. So it's good to see him upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom