• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also, look out for a Star Fox announcement this year. Pretty much all of the GameXplain hosts considered a game probable and Jon and the new guy (forget his name) both actually predicted one. Jon also predicted a SF game last E3, so this could be what he was talking about there.

But if we do get an SF announcement, then that'll only add more prood that GX knows what's up.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Obstagoon? I giess, but Toxtricity is also a good one people have been predicting. I've actually seen quite a few DLC Pack 2 images where Tox is the Pokémon they predict.
I don't think Toxtricity has a design that Sakurai and co would immediately look at and think "this will be popular," but I could absolutely see them saying that about Obstagoon. Either one is better than Rillaboom though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh heavens, we can’t get Rillaboom because Morpeko got a png. Even though there are 70 other creatures. Lol
That's far from why we wouldn't get Rillaboom.

inb4 baboom win

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
fan rules fan rules doodley doo

My bet is he heard that there would be a three houses character, but he didn’t know who. He would keep bringing it up, just like he keeps bringing up Pokémon even though he knows that Pokémon got a spirit event earlier.
Is it really a fan rule? It’s not me saying “this can’t happen because x” it’s me saying “this probably happened because the other thing isn’t”. I’m not saying Sakurai’s going “Og I can’t add a gen 8 Pokémon because I did that dang spirit event”, I’m saying “hmmm, I don’t have room for a gen 8 Pokémon/resident evil character/astral chain protagonist, so I’ll do a spirit event instead!” Those aren’t the same thing.

And I still don’t like the idea that we treat this guy as a leaker when he always words it as “I think this will happen” and not “I know this will happen”.
Oh heavens, we can’t get Rillaboom because Morpeko got a png. Even though there are 70 other creatures. Lol
Read. This.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't care much for the Gen 8 starters so if we were to get a Galar pokemon trainer (highly unlikely as that's three times the workload for one fighter), I'd rather it have at least two non starter mon

You know, the cool ones like Dracovish and Dragapult

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man this thread really feels empty without me huh?/s
The thread needs more paper Mario posting lol
Okay. How are we supposed to treat him now in regular DS to Smash. He predicted Edelguard, not Byleth. That’s still Three Houses. But if he knew he would have said Byleth. Was he misinformed? was he guessing? Was he really just predicting with no insider info? Did he just know Three Houses and filled in the gaps? What happened?
Or consider this, he had Steve mention Byletth. Hell all of GX except Andre were in on three houses despite that none of them thought this otherwise in their past discussions. That way the info still gets out there but Jon can continue his charade if I’m not a leaker. It’s what I would do tbh

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't care much for the Gen 8 starters so if we were to get a Galar pokemon trainer (highly unlikely as that's three times the workload for one fighter), I'd rather it have at least two non starter mon

You know, the cool ones like Dracovish and Dragapult
I honestly don’t like any of the gen 8 mons enough to want them in Smash except for Hatterene and Alcremie. And no way either of them are coming.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The thread needs more paper Mario posting lol

Or consider this, he had Steve mention Byletth. Hell all of GX except Andre were in on three houses despite that none of them thought this otherwise in their past discussions. That way the info still gets out there but Jon can continue his charade if I’m not a leaker. It’s what I would do tbh
If he’s a leaker then he should admit to it. That’s all I’ll say. Until he cops to it I still believe he’s just been very lucky with his predictions.

Heck, Arlo predicted Animal Crossing New Horizons in very specific detail (minus the name). But we aren’t calling him a leaker.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
My nibba

Dragapult is the absolute dream for me lol

I knew you'd like Dragapult - it gives me vague Toothless vibes (was interested in seeing what you thought about it earlier, but that was back when the game was leaking and you had jumped into the leak bunker)

It's definitely my favourite Gen 8 mon though I wish they'd give it more options for physical ghost moves; why is gamefreak so stingy with handing these out

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Eliwood would add nothing to Smash unfortunately. I would instead want two Fire Emblem reps that aren't sword users. Like Maybe Hector and someone else. As well as more stages. Most FE stages are from Ike games I believe and you can see that they aren't very unique. Yeah that would be a lot of Fire Emblem but it would add a lot of variety to the game and I would even take them at thee price of cutting old stages, Chrom and Lucina.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol I'm just saying, every time I've put some sort of credence toward Jon's "predictions", he's almost never been completely wrong. If it's not that exact thing, then it's something related to the thing he's predicting.

Also, the Spirit Event for Gen 8 was incredibly lackluster and it didn't include the final evos (yet), quite a number of the new 'mon, and the DLC. Every other Spirt Event usually had those speculated character's Spirits within those events, like Leon and Akira.

The evidence toward no Gen 8 'mon is incredibly minute, though likewise there's no substantial evidence for a Gen 8 rep either, so it's honestly anyone's guess.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd love to get Toxtricity as the Gen 8 Pokemon. That mon ended up being my favorite Poison type in the entire franchise as love how they pulled off its Punk Rock motif and design. I'd love to see how they'd adapt it to Smash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Lol I'm just saying, every time I've put some sort of credence toward Jon's "predictions", he's almost never been completely wrong. If it's not that exact thing, then it's something related to the thing he's predicting.

Also, the Spirit Event for Gen 8 was incredibly lackluster and it didn't include the final evos (yet), quite a number of the new 'mon, and the DLC. Every other Spirt Event usually had those speculated character's Spirits within those events, like Leon and Akira.

The evidence toward no Gen 8 'mon is incredibly minute, though likewise there's no substantial evidence for a Gen 8 rep either, so it's honestly anyone's guess.
This whole post bro.

This whole post.

D77EC799-41D7-4FC0-9C82-A5FF5FF23E52.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If the starters didn't appear as Spirits that shouldn't rule them out then. It'd be different if they did appear as Spirits but they haven't.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Guys. Please. I’m fragile. Don’t break me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I knew you'd like Dragapult - it gives me vague Toothless vibes (was interested in seeing what you thought about it earlier, but that was back when the game was leaking and you had jumped into the leak bunker)

It's definitely my favourite Gen 8 mon though I wish they'd give it more options for physical ghost moves; why is gamefreak so stingy with handing these out
It’s ghost toothless man, I love it.

It’s my two favorite types, I love reptiles and salamanders, I love prehistoric nature, it’s like it was made for me.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Come to think of it: is it confirmed that the second pass will be in the same format as the first, with each release coming with a stage and spirits? I didn't watch the announcement so I don't know, but if it's not confirmed that could change some things.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I lied. :3

Decided to play more Pokemon to finish up the Single Battles section of Battle Tower. I now have 100 wins in Single Battles, which means I now have the Gold Battle Tower Trainer Card.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Come to think of it: is it confirmed that the second pass will be in the same format as the first, with each release coming with a stage and spirits? I didn't watch the announcement so I don't know, but if it's not confirmed that could change some things.
GX made a video on this.

It was confirmed the new Fighters will recieve the same treatment as the characters in the first Pass.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
You know, Johnny Bravo was way ahead of it's time. The show pretty much taught boys that no matter how good looking you are, you'll never find a date if you keep harassing girls over and over again, and you'll still be a loser.

Plus, it was really funny.
When I was younger I thought Johnny Test was related to Johnny Bravo

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And this kind of thing is why I wasn’t immediately excited by the nebulous promise of “more characters” or even “six more characters” because there are sooooo many ways they could still...... pretend I said something here..... and still deliver on that promise.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Something just crossed my mind. At this point I am almost certain that if we ever get a playable indie character in Smash, it will be Quote/Curly. The first indie game to get widespread mainstream attention and to get in good with Nintendo.

You know, I think it makes more sense to remake a ROY’s game considering it’s still never made it to the west.
I agree, though Fire Emblem 4 also deserves a remake.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lmao "Paper Mario Deluxe"

I wonder what they could even do to add to the game? A new partner?

TTYD is easy, as you can just give us Paper Luigi and it's a perfect game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Okay. I’m not gonna explain my entire slate of emotional problems again. But I will say that I am so tired of hearing this whenever it happens.
I'm tired over all the drama surrounding Nintendo games.

Its not healthy for anyone's mental state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom