• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here's some food for thought.

Despite having 6 characters, iirc this fighter's pass costs the same as the last one, even though character packs are about 6 bucks a pop.

There are still 4 unused World if Light slots, and there's no way in hell I see those going unused.

Especially since we're going to have more Directs than Fighter pass releases this and next year.

If these 4 spots get used after 2021, they'd have to reduce the price of this supposed 3rd pass. Since it's only 4 characters...

So has anyone considered, that to kill time between these next 6 characters, while keeping the game updated with patches

They could potentially release Echo Fighters as standalone dlc characters. 4, to be precise.
Personally, I really want to see him try to get the game up to 100 Fighters (including echoes). So while your idea is nice, and to do that they probably would need to include a few echoes, I would still want them to keep going.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>When you're at a party you don't want to but you have to look like you're totally enjoying it when someone come to you and ask if you're fine.

D

Deleted member

>When you're at a party you don't want to but you have to look like you're totally enjoying it when someone come to you and ask if you're fine.
This will probably be me on my birthday.

I just want to stay home and open presents and have cake Mom, not go on a roadtrip to who-knows-where just so that you can have some fun.

To add insult to injury, it’s gonna be my 16th birthday. :(
If there’s any gift I would want, It would be having my mom pull some strings and try and get me a job.
I don’t wanna go out to an amusement park or the like, I really just need a way to make money outside of this dumb $5 a week allowance, and a job is the best way to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Now that I thing about it, couldn’t the extra 4 WOL slots be for new bosses? Wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for Nintendo to hold us over inbetween Fighter releases via adding new bosses.
I doubt they would add in new bosses out of the blue. I’d say the only way that could happen is if they added in more parts to the WoL map.

I’ve actually been working on some ideas for new maps based on Pokémon and Fire Emblem though recent events may have me change things up.

The two bosses I had in mind for that were Rayquaza (adding in a second phase based off his Mega Evolution) and potentially Grima.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I doubt they would add in new bosses out of the blue. I’d say the only way that could happen is if they added in more parts to the WoL map.

I’ve actually been working on some ideas for new maps based on Pokémon and Fire Emblem though recent events may have me change things up.
Not to mention the “slots” are for characters in the code.

D

Deleted member

If I could figure out how to ****ing model some stuff, I may try my hand at animating and porting modded bosses into Ultimate...

The question is is it worth it(and is it even possible?)

I could also try and animate some fan made character trailers, but uh I’m not good at modeling and the kinda models I need are either

*Out there but locked behind closed doors(Buddyfight)
*Don’t exist and I’ll have to make em myself(literally everything else)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Maaaan, this year is already looking so good for Nintendo:

-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
-SwSh DLC
-Byleth in Smash
-Three Houses DLC lookin' meaty
-Even MORE Smash characters coming
-Animal Crossing looking like GotY already

And this was all just announced in January. Hot dang, I gotta wonder what they're savin' up for a General Direct?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pet peeve that I haven’t stoped thinking about since Aaronitmar’s pre-direct prediction video. It is pronounced Crash “band-ih-coot” or “band-ah-coot”. In NO reality is it ever Crash “band-eee-coot”. That’s how a four year old would miss pronounce it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've already beaten Cuphead on Steam, but I got the Switch port for Christmas. Finally found the time to go ahead and beat it. It's a very, very good port. I bought the game on Steam on the same day it released, and it was pretty glitchy, I won't lie. It seems that they have patched out almost every bug. I came across no glitches. The controls are also wonderful. The game plays like it was made for the Switch.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've already beaten Cuphead on Steam, but I got the Switch port for Christmas. Finally found the time to go ahead and beat it. It's a very, very good port. I bought the game on Steam on the same day it released, and it was pretty glitchy, I won't lie. It seems that they have patched out almost every bug. I came across no glitches. The controls are also wonderful. The game plays like it was made for the Switch.
I own it. But I have never really.... played it. I STARTED it, but the boss was not just hard. It was..... unfair. Like, no joke, I would have a much better time with it if I could move with the left stick and aim with the right. Because it feels impossible to aim and dodge at the same time.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I own it. But I have never really.... played it. I STARTED it, but the boss was not just hard. It was..... unfair. Like, no joke, I would have a much better time with it if I could move with the left stick and aim with the right. Because it feels impossible to aim and dodge at the same time.
Which boss are you referring to? I can give you some tips.

D

Deleted member

The first one.......

I’ve been trying to prepare by studying MatPat’s play through to learn the patterns.
You can fight multiple different ones from the start if memory serves me correct. You’re talking about the 3 Veggie Brother...things...correct?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The first one.......

I’ve been trying to prepare by studying MatPat’s play through to learn the patterns.
There is no first boss. You can choose out of several bosses when you first start up the game. Are you reffering to Goopy Le Grande, Ribby And Croaks, The Root Pack, or Cagney Carnation?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There is no first boss. You can choose out of several bosses when you first start up the game. Are you reffering to Goopy Le Grande, Ribby And Croaks, The Root Pack, or Cagney Carnation?
What he said.
You can fight multiple different ones from the start if memory serves me correct. You’re talking about the 3 Veggie Brother...things...correct?
That’s the one everyone usually starts with, right?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What he said.
Well, here's what I like to do for those three. For phase one, just keep shooting and focus on dodging the balls of dirt and occasional worms he spits out. You can parry the worms if you want. For phase two, same thing. Focus on dodging, and keep holding down your fire button. Phase three is a little bit more difficult. Shoot up at the carrots face, and get out of the way when he fires at you. When carrots start flying towards you, try to shoot those down too. If aiming diagonally isn't your thing, try to guide them until they are right above you or right to your side. Then rinse and repeat.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Shroob Shroob makes an interesting point on the echos actually.
We already have e evidence they wanted to make Kasumi an alt or echo.

Whose to say that data was scrapped? Perhaps it was moved to work on as an echo alongside some other choices to as Shroob said meet five characters a year.

would make a lot of sense.

My bets for echo fighters if they happen:

octolings, kasumi, edgeworth, Funky Kong

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yo everyone! Listen up:

This guy here is speaking the truth.​
No he’s not.

First off, you can’t just say “Byleth is the perfect way to end the pass” that’s just as baseless, opinionated, and triggering a statement as “he’s the worst character you could pick”.

And I’m sorry but just laying back and letting the game go to town on me is NOT how I want Smash to go. I admit I overreacted to Byleth and he’s not that bad a choice. But not having any sorts of hopes or expectations is boring. Yes, you will be disappointed if you didn’t get what you wanted. But that’s not a bad thing. It’s human nature.

And I will throw this out here. Yes, people who do g want fire emblem characters are overreacting, but that’s partly because a lot Fire Emblem fans are just such sore winners. “I got the character I want and anyone who does like them is a Winey man child, lol” is NOT a good look, and that kind of sentiment is why Smash fans get so extreme. Both sides are responsible for this controversy. Yes. Non-FE fans shouldn’t overreact like they are, but Fire Emblem fans shouldn’t be such... asses about it.

And finally, I just don’t like the wording of “you get your Ridley’s and K. Rools and Banjos, play with them for a week, and then go back to Samus and Fox”. That’s just uncalled for. It implies that adding those highly requested characters was somehow a BAD thing. Which leads people to fill in the gaps of who would have been “better” picks. And it’s treating Sakurai like some starving artist that we physically beat until he gives us everything we want.

And I have no shame in not liking the idea of including a character who will be completely forgotten about when the next installment comes out. And it’s not just Fire Emblem that has this problem. It applies to all sorts of characters from Rosalina to Pokémon to even Joker. There’s nothing wrong with wanting the roster to be evergreen.

My finger hurts now.
Shroob Shroob makes an interesting point on the echos actually.
We already have e evidence they wanted to make Kasumi an alt or echo.

Whose to say that data was scrapped? Perhaps it was moved to work on as an echo alongside some other choices to as Shroob said meet five characters a year.

would make a lot of sense.

My bets for echo fighters if they happen:

octolings, kasumi, edgeworth, Funky Kong
I love how everyone’s echo fighter predictions also subtly include one of their most wanted character that hasn’t yet been confirmed.

And I still think that Kasumi was planned because Sakurai didn’t know she wasn’t just a female protagonist option. And when he found out he scrapped it.

Either that or it was just leftover Zero Suit Samus data like how they built Hero off of Link and Banjo off of Duck Hunt.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
This is me, btw.
I'm not even a FE fan, I just hate how toxic and ungrateful the Smash fanbase is when it comes to their precious "reps".

Ultimate has the third-largest roster out of any fighting game ever made. Get the **** over it.

94BE9BB4-EAD9-4737-9975-35FF6D57BCC7.png
6CE4D2D9-DFCE-49F3-9D1D-CAAA822AEC33.png

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
No he’s not.

First off, you can’t just say “Byleth is the perfect way to end the pass” that’s just as baseless, opinionated, and triggering a statement as “he’s the worst character you could pick”.

And I’m sorry but just laying back and letting the game go to town on me is NOT how I want Smash to go. I admit I overreacted to Byleth and he’s not that bad a choice. But not having any sorts of hopes or expectations is boring. Yes, you will be disappointed if you didn’t get what you wanted. But that’s not a bad thing. It’s human nature.

And I will throw this out here. Yes, people who do g want fire emblem characters are overreacting, but that’s partly because a lot Fire Emblem fans are just such sore winners. “I got the character I want and anyone who does like them is a Winey man child, lol” is NOT a good look, and that kind of sentiment is why Smash fans get so extreme. Both sides are responsible for this controversy. Yes. Non-FE fans shouldn’t overreact like they are, but Fire Emblem fans shouldn’t be such... asses about it.

And finally, I just don’t like the wording of “you get your Ridley’s and K. Rools and Banjos, play with them for a week, and then go back to Samus and Fox”. That’s just uncalled for. It implies that adding those highly requested characters was somehow a BAD thing. Which leads people to fill in the gaps of who would have been “better” picks. And it’s treating Sakurai like some starving artist that we physically beat until he gives us everything we want.

And I have no shame in not liking the idea of including a character who will be completely forgotten about when the next installment comes out. And it’s not just Fire Emblem that has this problem. It applies to all sorts of characters from Rosalina to Pokémon to even Joker. There’s nothing wrong with wanting the roster to be evergreen.

My finger hurts now.

I love how everyone’s echo fighter predictions also subtly include one of their most wanted character that hasn’t yet been confirmed.

And I still think that Kasumi was planned because Sakurai didn’t know she wasn’t just a female protagonist option. And when he found out he scrapped it.

Either that or it was just leftover Zero Suit Samus data like how they built Hero off of Link and Banjo off of Duck Hunt.
Can't talk for Joker yet, but you really need to check their fandoms again if you think people forgot about Rosalina, Greninja or Awakening cast.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And I will throw this out here. Yes, people who do g want fire emblem characters are overreacting, but that’s partly because a lot Fire Emblem fans are just such sore winners. “I got the character I want and anyone who does like them is a Winey man child” is NOT a good loon, and that kind of sentiment is why Smash fans get so extreme. Both sides are responsible for this controversy. Yes. Non-FE fans shouldn’t overreact like they are, but Fire Emblem fans shouldn’t be such... asses about it.
When Smash fans keep on acting like complete utter assholes towards you for years on end with stupid fear-mongering, sheer ignorance and just down right being obnoxious pieces of **** at best, you have every right to clap back.

You poke and tease the bear constantly, the bear will strike back.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Seriously, crap like this is the reason I always end up going back to Melee. At least that's firmly out of the speculation/toxicity hell I haven't been able to escape for almost a full decade now.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can't talk for Joker yet, but you really need to check their fandoms again if you think people forgot about Rosalina, Greninja or Awakening cast.
Okay. Those were all fresh complaints in the Smash4 era. Not so much now, although I do wonder how strong it will be after a few more games come out. But at the time they were revealed I had the same problem with them as I do Joker and Byleth now.
When Smash fans keep on acting like complete utter assholes towards you for years on end with stupid fear-mongering, sheer ignorance and just down right being obnoxious pieces of **** at best, you have every right to clap back.

You poke and tease the bear constantly, the bear will strike back.
And now the entire community is just two bears mauling each other. Great job community!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think he’s referring to how some people beg for the characters, get hyped and play them for a bit when they get in, then go back to other characters and continue whining until Sakurai adds in another character they want.

I mean, I want some more characters, too, mostly Steve and Geno, but I’m not gonna throw a fit and hop on the “Sakurai bad” bandwagon if they don’t get in. Speculation and other places in the fanbase really are incredibly toxic at times.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Those were all fresh complaints in the Smash4 era. Not so much now, although I do wonder how strong it will be after a few more games come out. But at the time they were revealed I had the same problem with them as I do Joker and Byleth now.
Both Persona 5 and Three Houses are regarded as one of the best, if not the best games of their respective series.

It's easy to see that they'll be remembered in good faith for a long while.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yo everyone! Listen up:

This guy here is speaking the truth.​
The point of peoples being more obsess about a character getting in for the sake of being here than actually playing & enjoying them when they are finally here is what I retain the most out of this.

It's fun to speculate and all that, and it does suck when your character was hinted at in some way, only to not got in as playable character (The Shadow Ridley Incident will forever be in my memories), but I think alot of peoples are losing their common sense over all this speculation, hype and what have you. Papageno rant truly represent that in a way, and honestly, if it continue to be like that for season 2, I don't know if I keep a eye on Smash Speculation in the long run.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It makes perfect sense that Fire Emblem: Three Houses got a character in Smash. The game was well received, made Nintendo a lot of money, and people liked it. While having a character you like is cool, it doesn’t matter all too much if it isn’t someone you wanted. You still got a fun fighter that people put their time effort in to.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's almost like a tit for tat mentality is unhealthy and only leads to further toxicity.

This is a video game and we all need to take a hecking chill pill. Coming from someone who took part in Byleth arguments.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The point of peoples being more obsess about a character getting in for the sake of being here than actually playing & enjoying them when they are finally here is what I retain the most out of this.

It's fun to speculate and all that, and it does suck when your character was hinted at in some way, only to not got in as playable character (The Shadow Ridley Incident will forever be in my memories), but I think alot of peoples are losing their common sense over all this speculation, hype and what have you. Papageno rant truly represent that in a way, and honestly, if it continue to be like that for season 2, I don't know if I keep a eye on Smash Speculation in the long run.
Welcome to the club.
I freaked out when a fifth Smash game was first teased because to me, it didn't mean "woo, another Smash game"; it meant "oh my god, now all the character beggars are going to go to jihad against each other AGAIN."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That’s why real players like me main the character they wanted regardless of tier.

Ridley and Plant Gang rise up!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think he’s referring to how some people beg for the characters, get hyped and play them for a bit when they get in, then go back to other characters and continue whining until Sakurai adds in another character they want.

I mean, I want some more characters, too, mostly Steve and Geno, but I’m not gonna throw a fit and hop on the “Sakurai bad” bandwagon if they don’t get in. Speculation and other places in the fanbase really are incredibly toxic at times.
Fair. And for as toxic as my reaction was to Byleth, I never really said anything like “Sakurai bad” because I knew he was just including a character from a game he loved and there’s nothing wrong with that. I directed my ire at the Fire Emblem series itself.
Both Persona 5 and Three Houses are regarded as one of the best, if not the best games of their respective series.

It's easy to see that they'll be remembered in good faith for a long while.
This really is something we can only speak too in Retrospect.

Sure, they’re amazing landmarks of the franchise now. But if 6 and Three More Houses are just as good if not better..... well.... you see the point I’m making. Still, what’s done is done.
More like the jabronie that poked the bear complaining that he got clapped back at.
No side is better then the other. Thinking that just adds to the toxicity. Either we’re both bears or we’re both jabronies.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also people kinda of forget that Three Houses carried the switch this year.

Yes Smash and it’s DLC we’re big but besides that there wasn’t much going on until Three Houses. And smash only just barely makes the window for this year outside of DLC.

So if you don’t count that because even sakurai didn’t really think to count it; Three Houses was 50 percent of the big game this year with the other being Pokémon.

The powered the switch through the later half of the year. So it’s really not a shock they added a three houses rep.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This really is something we can only speak too in Retrospect.

Sure, they’re amazing landmarks of the franchise now. But if 6 and Three More Houses are just as good if not better..... well.... you see the point I’m making. Still, what’s done is done.
Maybe, just maybe... you should judge games as they are, not based on how well they hold up compared to imaginary sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom