• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
All this news is making me wonder if my postulation about an actual Nintendo Direct by the 28th that shows off FP2-1 and drops Byleth directly after it could hold more weight than not.

A month with:

A Pokemon Direct
A Smash Presentation with New character
And a General Direct with perhaps a new Paper Mario, A Metroid Fusion sequel AND FP2-1?

Crazy, mang

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So that tweet is worth watching. Thanks for answering. I’d be extremely hyped if they busted Crash out as fp 7.

im honestly buying the pass regardless because there’s not really anything that disappoints me. I have my favorites in from past games, and Sakurai added Ridley who I wanted for a long time. And plant was a very welcome surprise I never knew I wanted. The whole fighters pass even if I had no attachment to the characters except I guess Byleth l, were all blasts to have and the music was great.

But if one of my like 5 remaining character wants got in and there was still more I would love the pass and be pretty content.

Oooh it’s them. Yeah that’s not surprising
I'm not sure about the Crash thing. Unless Crash is Fighter 6, the first one in Pass 2, and is shown on the 28th as we speculate to see the first character, I don't have any idea how he would have that information that early. A lot of insiders pretty much agree that Hayabusa is VERY likely for Pass 2 so that's who I assumed was Fighter 6 but, if that claims legit, then Crash is going to be Fighter 6.

I guess we'll see. Saying that a Fighter is definitely going to be a specific number is a good way to either throw yourself under the bus or confirm your legitimacy at this point.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If Lucio had "Look at this team we're gonna do great" as a voice line, I would never play any other character in Overwatch ever again.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
All this news is making me wonder if my postulation about an actual Nintendo Direct by the 28th that shows off FP2-1 and drops Byleth directly after it could hold more weight than not.

A month with:

A Pokemon Direct
And a General Direct with perhaps a new Paper Mario, A Metroid Fusion sequel AND FP2-1?

Crazy, mang
Only reason I'm leaning towards a Season 2 Fighter 1 reveal (even if it would just be a Joker style teaser) is mostly because I don't think they'd have the Fighter's Pass be a 100% blind purchase so much as it would be around an 83% blind purchase when it becomes available.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I've been bingewatching Phineas and Ferb and I've almost reached the end of the series. I hadn't really realized how invested in it I've gotten until just now so now I'm here like

I know Milo Murphy's law is a thing but still.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So I've been bingewatching Phineas and Ferb and I've almost reached the end of the series. I hadn't really realized how invested in it I've gotten until just now so now I'm here like

I know Milo Murphy's law is a thing but still.
Well, don't worry, there's a new movie coming soon. Sure, it's not theatrical, but hey; a movie is a movie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

A month with:

A Pokemon Direct

Crazy, mang
Do people keep forgetting the statement Sakurai made how FP6 is gonna "Take some time" as with the other DLC? Especially given its running for two years.

That indicates were likely not getting anything until E3.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Do people keep forgetting the statement Sakurai made how FP6 is gonna "Take some time" as with the other DLC? Especially given its running for two years.

Do people also forget that he said the Smash Direct was prerecorded back in November and therefore they've had around a couple of months to work on the fighter already? Do people also forgot we saw Joker 4 months before his release and usually know of a character a month in advance regardless unless it's a shadow drop?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do people also forget that he said the Smash Direct was prerecorded back in November and therefore they've had around a couple of months to work on the fighter already? Do people also forgot we saw Joker 4 months before his release and usually know of a character a month in advance regardless unless it's a shadow drop?
But given its running until December 31st, 2021 there has to be a gap between each of the DLC.

Also Joker was never planned to be revealed at the VGA back in 2018 as he was last minute otherwise he probably would had been an January reveal as Byleth was.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
This site is so busy. I read one page and ten more appear. I constantly forget what I even wanted to say. Kinda wish I could only view posts that are something other than card games and Pokemon so i could get through quicker.

I don't understand people saying that the Byleth reveal was at a bad time. The first 4 got more priority and were shown in quick succession with big hype, while Byleth just comes after everyone with a longer wait. People foolishly thought the wait meant that it was something much bigger and then blame Sakurai for it despite them never hyping it beyond like the one hand gesture two days prior.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH I don't feel very confident in a FP6 reveal in our first general Direct of the year. Sure, Byleth's presentation was recorded in November, but Sakurai and Nintendo knew when they would be premiering and releasing it; which would mean the info Sakurai would share would be relevant to now rather than back then. He said that it would take "some time" before reveals kicked off, and getting it just a week or two later doesn't seem like something that would make sense after hearing him say it would take a while.

I also don't think we're seeing a Direct until, like, mid-February at this point.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

The presentation was pre-recorded back in November, and we know for a fact that they work on multiple characters at a time.

If we got a direct and a character teased, with a spring release date, then what's the problem here?

Spring
Announce 1 at E3 with a Fall release
Announce 1 at Fall Direct with a Winter release

Repeat in 2021

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The presentation was pre-recorded back in November, and we know for a fact that they work on multiple characters at a time.

If we got a direct and a character teased, with a spring release date, then what's the problem here?

Spring
Announce 1 at E3 with a Fall release
Announce 1 at Fall Direct with a Winter release

Repeat in 2021
Works too. That is enough of an gap and distance to fill in the two years.

If I had to guess in that case.

FP6: March
FP7: June E3 2020
FP8: September/October
FP9: January/February
FP10: June E3 2021
FP11: October/November

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah and it is the cutist mother****ing thing ever
I'm honestly not sure if my heart is ready for how cute and wholesome this game is gonna be.

After all the Smash toxicity, I am so ready for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Animal Crossing chill vibes. Y'all probably won't see much of me in March because of those two games, lol.

Shroob

Sup?
Here's some food for thought.

Despite having 6 characters, iirc this fighter's pass costs the same as the last one, even though character packs are about 6 bucks a pop.

There are still 4 unused World if Light slots, and there's no way in hell I see those going unused.

Especially since we're going to have more Directs than Fighter pass releases this and next year.

If these 4 spots get used after 2021, they'd have to reduce the price of this supposed 3rd pass. Since it's only 4 characters...

So has anyone considered, that to kill time between these next 6 characters, while keeping the game updated with patches

They could potentially release Echo Fighters as standalone dlc characters. 4, to be precise.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's some food for thought.

Despite having 6 characters, iirc this fighter's pass costs the same as the last one, even though character packs are about 6 bucks a pop.

There are still 4 unused World if Light slots, and there's no way in hell I see those going unused.

Especially since we're going to have more Directs than Fighter pass releases this and next year.

If these 4 spots get used after 2021, they'd have to reduce the price of this supposed 3rd pass. Since it's only 4 characters...

So has anyone considered, that to kill time between these next 6 characters, while keeping the game updated with patches

They could potentially release Echo Fighters as standalone dlc characters. 4, to be precise.
Wishful thinking and unlikely but could even be 4 individual DLC fighters. Echoes would still be welcoming though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
To note:

2 dlc echoes alongside 3 fighters pass characters would give us 5 characters a year for the next 2 years

Which is what we got in 2019, 5 characters.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
He did say it's just food for thought. That being said, maybe Dixie will be one of those. Eggman as an echo for Bowsee Jr. would also be funny, albeit they've alwaus shared a slot with their OG so eh. We could also get Tetra like people have wanted, maybe, and then maybe an Octoling echo as well.

D

Deleted member

Kinda wish I could only view posts that are something other than card games and Pokemon so i could get through quicker..
You do know the ignore button exists right? I mean, it wouldn't completely solve your problem, but it would help a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom