• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Super Paper Mario was a great part of my childhood. Fun gameplay, great story, fun music; the whole package is great. I was surprised years later to learn there was a hatebase for it, it was always great to me.

TTYD is always gonna be #1 for me, though. That game was very, very important to me when it comes to my taste in games now, as if it weren't for Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, and Chrono Trigger? I might not have ever tried any RPGs. I'll always love TTYD for being one of my very first experiences with what is now one of my all-time favorite genres.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So just came across this while browsing rumor threads.

We may actually know fighter 6. And if real it’s a hype one. Spoilering it though
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also wait a minute, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy you follow this account? How’s it check out?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

We may actually know fighter 6. And if real it’s a hype one. Spoilering it though

Also wait a minute, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy you follow this account? How’s it check out?
Fun fact, a lot of these accounts crap out like 300 different predictions and then delete the ones that were wrong to give the illusion they're real

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fun fact, a lot of these accounts crap out like 300 different predictions and then delete the ones that were wrong to give the illusion they're real
From what I read this doesn’t seem to be the case. It also is saying something if NSG someone familiar a bit with the leak scene, and Papa Genos who may not be as liked atm, but does a good job at rounding up information sources; also follows them. Gives this a little more credence imo

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
From what I read this doesn’t seem to be the case. It also is saying something if NSG someone familiar a bit with the leak scene, and Papa Genos who may not be as liked atm, but does a good job at rounding up information sources; also follows them. Gives this a little more credence imo
Can't speak for NSG but Papagenos has always been a clickbaiter who just doesn't upload daily

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can't speak for NSG but Papagenos has always been a clickbaiter who just doesn't upload daily
Eh i actually disagree heavily here. He might post a lot of reaching ****, but it’s mostly theories and they have actually tried to figure things out. He really isn’t clickbait but I know your far from a fan of him so there’s no debate to be had there

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Eh i actually disagree heavily here. He might post a lot of reaching ****, but it’s mostly theories and they have actually tried to figure things out. He really isn’t clickbait but I know your far from a fan of him so there’s no debate to be had there
How is "HERE'S WHY THE CHARACTER OF THE WEEK IS IN! A 12 MINUTE ANALYSIS ON A SINGLE TWEET!" NOT clickbait when that's his entire shtick?

Shroob

Sup?
Crash would be cool, and definitely a way to start pass 2, but obviously, huge grain of salt.

I'm still thinking though that we're going to get an actual Direct this month. I can't really seem the drop the FP without teasing the first character like they did with Joker.

Don't need to see Gameplay, but they almost assuredly have a trailer ready.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How is "HERE'S WHY THE CHARACTER OF THE WEEK IS IN! A 12 MINUTE ANALYSIS ON A SINGLE TWEET!" NOT clickbait when that's his entire shtick?
Your really stretching this definition.
He titles are never this character is in please ****ing click!!!

they literally are titled could a direct come( for example his Pokémon directs lead to directs) a statement that has been completely true and he simply outlined those facts in the video.

or he will title something could this character get in? And look only at rumors that come form people with right predictions and some other evidence like arle for example.

Discussing how it’s weird her non translated game is on NSO in America could lead to them wanting to familiarize people with her before a potential reveal.
Stuff like this is far from clickbait and at least different and interesting perspectives on a discussion.

Your in denial if you think otherwise.

Look at ****ing blocked content. He posted in all caps a video the other day “ real leak confirms dante for fighter five” and there wasn’t a single rumor or leak in the video. That’s clickbait. There’s a big difference.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Your really stretching this definition.
He titles are never this character is in please ****ing click!!!

they literally are titled could a direct come( for example his Pokémon directs lead to directs) a statement that has been completely true and he simply outlined those facts in the video.

or he will title something could this character get in? And look only at rumors that come form people with right predictions and some other evidence like arle for example.

Discussing how it’s weird her non translated game is on NSO in America could lead to them wanting to familiarize people with her before a potential reveal.
Stuff like this is far from clickbait and at least different and interesting perspectives on a discussion.

Your in denial if you think otherwise.

Look at ****ing blocked content. He posted in all caps a video the other day “ real leak confirms dante for fighter five” and there wasn’t a single rumor or leak in the video. That’s clickbait. There’s a big difference.
Just cause worse examples exist doesn't magically make his **** not clickbaity. Your Arle example even proves my point as he's trying to cash in on a recent event to get more clicks, like how we talked about a single ****ing tweet for 12 minutes because "OMG YOU GUYS SAKURAI MADE A TWEET! CRONO CONFIRMED?"

Also the Faust trailer
**** is scary man I just wanted to throw meteors and give everyone a prostate exam

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Crash would be cool, and definitely a way to start pass 2, but obviously, huge grain of salt.

I'm still thinking though that we're going to get an actual Direct this month. I can't really seem the drop the FP without teasing the first character like they did with Joker.

Don't need to see Gameplay, but they almost assuredly have a trailer ready.
Just saying if this is true. Crash would fit this perfectly.

They already have a goldmine of a teaser ready. Just recreate the crash commercials where he was outside Nintendo HQ. it be brilliant!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just cause worse examples exist doesn't magically make his **** not clickbaity. Your Arle example even proves my point as he's trying to cash in on a recent event to get more clicks, like how we talked about a single ****ing tweet for 12 minutes because "OMG YOU GUYS SAKURAI MADE A TWEET! CRONO CONFIRMED?"

Also the Faust trailer
**** is scary man I just wanted to throw meteors and give everyone a prostate exam
What are you even talking about?

event? What event? Papa genos literally was the first one to put out the theory of arle months ago.

And if your going to say that theory crafting is clickbait then their entire thread at one point or another has been a dirty clickbaiter. That’s not how it works.

Also chrono? I can’t say I remember the last time I hear him mention chrono. Probably before hero. And he does t make videos on a single tweet. He literally collects different news sources every few days and discuss what is going on in smash speculation, not leaks first, speculation first. I genuinely don’t think You have watched his content in quite some time

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Also the Faust trailer
Cashing in on recent trends? You mean.... the definition of any entertainment provider in any field?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What are you even talking about?

event? What event? Papa genos literally was the first one to put out the theory of arle months ago.

And if your going to say that theory crafting is clickbait then their entire thread at one point or another has been a dirty clickbaiter. That’s not how it works.

Also chrono? I can’t say I remember the last time I hear him mention chrono. Probably before hero. And he does t make videos on a single tweet. He literally collects different news sources every few days and discuss what is going on in smash speculation, not leaks first, speculation first. I genuinely don’t think You have watched his content in quite some time
The event is Puyo Puyo hitting the NSO service

No, but it's always theories that just so happen to be about characters with something going for them to garner attention or "OMG LEEK?"

Chrono Trigger won a poll of Best Heisei Game, which Sakurai, a Japanese gamer having been alive through the entire Heisei period, acknowledged with a tweet. Cue El Grande Padre di Jenos making a 12 minute video discussing how this may be a hint for Crono. He's the same as Laxchris and Blocked Content but because he's able to say his stuff more nicely he's seen as smart, openminded, insightful even! When in reality he knows **** all and is put on a pedestal for these admirable traits he doesn't have as he's STILL raging about Byleth constantly despite going "I don't care cause I have Banjo" all the time

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

No, but it's always theories that just so happen to be about characters with something going for them to garner attention or "OMG LEEK?"

Chrono Trigger won a poll of Best Heisei Game, which Sakurai, a Japanese gamer having been alive through the entire Heisei period, acknowledged with a tweet. Cue El Grande Padre di Jenos making a 12 minute video discussing how this may be a hint for Crono. He's the same as Laxchris and Blocked Content but because he's able to say his stuff more nicely he's seen as smart, openminded, insightful even! When in reality he knows **** all and is put on a pedestal for these admirable traits he doesn't have as he's STILL raging about Byleth constantly despite going "I don't care cause I have Banjo" all the time
Y'know, even when you have a point about some of these things, it's hard not to think you have a grudge.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Y'know, even when you have a point about some of these things, it's hard not to think you have a grudge.
Admittedly I'm not doing a good job at wording stuff cause I pulled an allnighter and it's 8AM, but even then, I'm tired of people being put on pedestals so they can be shielded from any and every criticism because "Oh but they're cool because I watch them! They're so nice and levelheaded, couldn't possibly be angry as he's so openminded!" Meanwhile the guy they're talking about got mad at Sakurai SDing because his FE bias meant the FE Squad Strike team had to win and is still mad about it publically on discord despite going "Well, I got what I wanted, so I'm not bothered at all for I am levelheaded" before ranting once more about how Sakurai personally wronged him

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Literally no one gave a **** about arle. He covered that before the NSO stuff because he thought it made sense. Also I can’t say I remember any chrono video tbh but it’s not like I watched all his videos.
Also you clearly haven’t read my posts the past few days. I expressed multiple times that his behavior was really bad and I don’t hold him anywhere near a pedestal.

but if the argument is invalid then it’s invalid no matter how I think of them as a person

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Literally no one gave a **** about arle. He covered that before the NSO stuff because he thought it made sense. Also I can’t say I remember any chrono video tbh but it’s not like I watched all his videos.
Also you clearly haven’t read my posts the past few days. I expressed multiple times that his behavior was really bad and I don’t hold him anywhere near a pedestal.

but if the argument is invalid then it’s invalid no matter how I think of them as a person
The Crono stuff was a while ago yes but has he changed? No. With Arle, he saw Puyo Puyo and realized he could ****post theories about it.

I have seen many people say his behaivour was bad and surprisingly out of character, but here's the thing. That's what he's ACTUALLY like. Again, he's still getting angry like "CRASH WON'T BE IN SMASH AS HE ISN'T FIRE EMBLEM! WE WON'T EVER GET ANY INTERESTING CHARACTERS BECAUSE WE NEED MORE FIRE EMBLEM" and all that. His mask fell off during that video and he has yet to put it back on. Especially bad when one considers the huge backlash he faced on the video yet he didn't consider to calm down but instead keep getting mad despite how his viewers made it clear they hate this side of him which he chose to hide

Shroob

Sup?
Man

There's few things quainter than watching someone who's big in the KOS MOS support thread, and an infamously banned user, bicker like children over on Gamefaqs.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Crono stuff was a while ago yes but has he changed? No. With Arle, he saw Puyo Puyo and realized he could ****post theories about it.

I have seen many people say his behaivour was bad and surprisingly out of character, but here's the thing. That's what he's ACTUALLY like. Again, he's still getting angry like "CRASH WON'T BE IN SMASH AS HE ISN'T FIRE EMBLEM! WE WON'T EVER GET ANY INTERESTING CHARACTERS BECAUSE WE NEED MORE FIRE EMBLEM" and all that. His mask fell off during that video and he has yet to put it back on. Especially bad when one considers the huge backlash he faced on the video yet he didn't consider to calm down but instead keep getting mad despite how his viewers made it clear they hate this side of him which he chose to hide
I completely agree here. That’s the same conclusion I’ve come too, you don’t come back from that. And yet for all the hate he got there’s so much support over it. It’s terrible. They announced 6 other characters, had a solid base game lineup, and a solid fighters pass overall with potentially 4 more characters coming after the six. Like the mentality this fanbase has Ofer byletth is disgusting with all sakurai is giving to us. Sad part is when they bust out a huge reveal for fighter seven because they want those pre sales, everyone will act like nothing happened.

Regardless banjo is proof alone that even if there’s one promotional pick, the rest of the pass is going to be pretty solid overall. People need to stop acting like babies.
Man

There's few things quainter than watching someone who's big in the KOS MOS support thread, and an infamously banned user, bicker like children over on Gamefaqs.
Let me guess, mr. daisy is my waifu again?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I have an inkling they may be VR plant so I started following them a while back.

Shroob

Sup?
I completely agree here. That’s the same conclusion I’ve come too, you don’t come back from that. And yet for all the hate he got there’s so much support over it. It’s terrible. They announced 6 other characters, had a solid base game lineup, and a solid fighters pass overall with potentially 4 more characters coming after the six. Like the mentality this fanbase has Ofer byletth is disgusting with all sakurai is giving to us. Sad part is when they bust out a huge reveal for fighter seven because they want those pre sales, everyone will act like nothing happened.

Regardless banjo is proof alone that even if there’s one promotional pick, the rest of the pass is going to be pretty solid overall. People need to stop acting like babies.

Let me guess, mr. daisy is my waifu again?
No. Guy who was infamous in the Newcomer thread.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have an inkling they may be VR plant so I started following them a while back.
Interesting theory, would kinda of make sense. You know if they a post a bunch of inaccurate stuff then delete or is what’s on the page all that’s been there?
I might know them but honestly there’s too many people to keep track of there lol

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Recency bias is a *****. But in all honesty, I'm more curious about whether or not the first fighter of season 2 will be revealed around the time the Season 2 Fighter's pass is available for purchase so people buying it aren't going in completely blind but only mostly blind.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Interesting theory, would kinda of make sense. You know if they a post a bunch of inaccurate stuff then delete or is what’s on the page all that’s been there?

I might know them but honestly there’s too many people to keep track of there lol
No, it's all legit. But I think this account is a sleeper account. I think he's got multiple.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Isn't VR Plant's MO one that only gleans information shortly before it becomes public?
Not sure. I know he and PG are in contact only very close to release but this account just spits it out. Like, I think this is his account he's using while he's under the radar. Now that this account is picking up steam I don't expect it to last much longer.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh, the guy with weird theories based on something Sakurai said and would say KOS-MOS is definitely in while causing trouble in the character’s thread? He also tried to do it with Reimu, I wonder if he was just trolling or was genuine and just sucked at being consistent with his wording.

Shroob

Sup?
Only number guy I can think of is someone I never saw there who'd whine about feminism ruining DMCV and that the flaws of XB2 are easily solved if I simply look up a guide but then again I blocked the dude long before I posted on the newcomer thread
Nah, was:

1579420351491.png

Guy who hard stanned KOS-MOS and started making insane conspiracy theories, while also thinking that the Rex Costume hinted at her all along because "Sakurai wouldn't tease the Xeno fans without giving them something bigger"

And now they're over on Faqs making fun of KOS MOS and fighting with a KOS MOS thread regular.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not sure. I know he and PG are in contact only very close to release but this account just spits it out. Like, I think this is his account he's using while he's under the radar. Now that this account is picking up steam I don't expect it to last much longer.
Well if nothing else I certainly wouldn't be adverse to the claim being accurate.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No, it's all legit. But I think this account is a sleeper account. I think he's got multiple.
So that tweet is worth watching. Thanks for answering. I’d be extremely hyped if they busted Crash out as fp 7.

im honestly buying the pass regardless because there’s not really anything that disappoints me. I have my favorites in from past games, and Sakurai added Ridley who I wanted for a long time. And plant was a very welcome surprise I never knew I wanted. The whole fighters pass even if I had no attachment to the characters except I guess Byleth l, were all blasts to have and the music was great.

But if one of my like 5 remaining character wants got in and there was still more I would love the pass and be pretty content.
Nah, was:

View attachment 258706

Guy who hard stanned KOS-MOS and started making insane conspiracy theories, while also thinking that the Rex Costume hinted at her all along because "Sakurai wouldn't tease the Xeno fans without giving them something bigger"

And now they're over on Faqs making fun of KOS MOS and fighting with a KOS MOS thread regular.
Oooh it’s them. Yeah that’s not surprising

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nah, was:

View attachment 258706

Oh **** me I read "No." As "Number", I was wondering why it was so quiet

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway it’s pretty late here but before I go, saw a really cool idea:
2B79FBEB-3BB6-4A4B-ABA5-8FFF22BDA2D0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom