• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If someone win a tournament with Sans Mii Gunner while Megalovania is playing in the background, I demand that we get a Sans Emote on this forum.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have a feeling it's possible that some of the DLC characters after the Fighters Pass won't be getting a stage like with Corrin from the previous game and Piranha Plant.

A character from a series that already had a stage might not need another one.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
This is a vent, but

I hate sans. Been watching reactions of the direct and everyone, even gameexplain has a unwarranted boner for that character. We got an announcement for Terry Bogard and everyone is going nuts over a mii costume. It is a sad state in gaming. Even had the return of a classic gaming series, with over 25 games in its line up and no other representation in smash Goemon. And not even a mention. But the meme machine keeps on turning and now we have a mii character everyone and their uncle and meme. Good thing Mii Gunner is kind of crap. I will have to practice killing him.

Even the announcement of more characters has been overshadowed by this meme. It is just annoying. Undertale was fine, but was not that great of a game. It was not the second coming. It did not save gaming. It did not partake in one of the largest rivalries outside of Nintendo vs Sega. It is a PC game with decent music. So annoying.

anyway. rant over. Enjoy your meme.
Here’s my take, as someone who hasn’t played either game and didn’t even know about the meme.

Sans is a cool design, something pretty new for Smash. Terry looks like a guy with a hat.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, something I always found funny was the Enemy Voice Clips section of the Sound menu.

Viridi Voice Clips: 2
Master Hand Voice Clips: 2
Crazy Hand Voice Clips: 2
Metal Face Voice Clips: 49

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know, something I always found funny was the Enemy Voice Clips section of the Sound menu.

Viridi Voice Clips: 2
Master Hand Voice Clips: 2
Crazy Hand Voice Clips: 2
Metal Face Voice Clips: 49
Metal Face love to **** talk in his home game, make sense he have lots of lines.

Too bad you probably won't heard them due to hazard off.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Did they reveal any new Animal Crossing stuff in the direct or was it just a summary of stuff they covered in the Treehouse?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Sans is gonna be guaranteed a future roster slot if his popularity keeps up. I'm gonna guess unless something even more major gets revealed as a Mii Costume. It will be the best selling Mii costume for Ultimate.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I think Sans is gonna be guaranteed a future roster slot if his popularity keeps up. I'm gonna guess unless something even more major gets revealed as a Mii Costume. It will be the best selling Mii costume for Ultimate.
It's kind of cheating though considering there are lots of people like me who bought it only for the music. Coming with an extra track for no extra charge is a great deal, even if you don't care about the character.

Edit: I'm really hoping this continues though. New songs with costumes is something I'll totally buy into.

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I hope people don’t come to expect this. Since the announcement there’s been a great feeling of “give an inch, expect a mile” from Sakurai. He put in a character that had a huge uphill battle to get into the game at all, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s all he wants to do.

D

Deleted member

So now that the precedent is there
Cuphead Mii costume with Cuphead music pls

Ivander

Smash Legend
It will be the best selling, if not just for Sans' popularity, but for the additional music too. Like I can see plenty of people who aren't a fan of the character buying it for the music.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

Honestly for Additional DLC I feel like they already blew most of their big new franchises out with the original Fighters Pass so I wouldn't be surprised if the Additional DLC was like Base game which had a good blend of new and old 1st and 3rd party franchises. I could see us getting someone like Dixie as an Echo or semi-echo which would represent an old already represented franchise while we get someone like Crash Bandicoot and he gets a Stage.

Kind of like Smash 4 DLC where some had a new stage and some didn't and some were from already represented franchises while some weren't. The "New Worlds" comment was a mistranslation after all
so as I said I could very well see a blend of new and old franchises but not only just new 3rd party franchises but new 1st party franchises as well.

If Assists and Spirits can be upgraded which I think the latter is almost certainly on the table I could see us getting some new 1st party franchises: Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun (Hopefully), Advance Wars, A new retro rep (Takamaru maybe/Lip/Mach Rider), Etc. Bring it on Additional DLC cause this ride isn't stopping any time soon!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
User was warned for this post: flaming
Honestly for Additional DLC I feel like they already blew most of their big new franchises out with the original Fighters Pass so I wouldn't be surprised if the Additional DLC was like Base game which had a good blend of new and old 1st and 3rd party franchises. I could see us getting someone like Dixie as an Echo or semi-echo which would represent an old already represented franchise while we get someone like Crash Bandicoot and he gets a Stage.

Kind of like Smash 4 DLC where some had a new stage and some didn't and some were from already represented franchises while some weren't. The "New Worlds" comment was a mistranslation after all
so as I said I could very well see a blend of new and old franchises but not only just new 3rd party franchises but new 1st party franchises as well.

If Assists and Spirits can be upgraded which I think the latter is almost certainly on the table I could see us getting some new 1st party franchises: Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun (Hopefully), Advance Wars, A new retro rep (Takamaru maybe/Lip/Mach Rider), Etc. Bring it on Additional DLC cause this ride isn't stopping any time soon!
No. Shut up. You’re wrong. No franchises that are already in Smash.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, what are everyone's new favorite remixes from the Challenger Pack? I absolutely love the remix of the Banjo-Kazooie main theme along with the remixes of Mumbo Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, and Spiral Mountain. The Megalovania remix is alright as it almost the exact same as the original, although this rendition also incoportations Heartache (Toriel's theme) & Bonetrousle (Papyrus' theme) in it which is sweet.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
tfw when you equally want first parties and third parties

Skull Kid/Paper Mario/Midna

vs

Rayman/Layton/Amaterasu

just one making it would make the whole DLC worth it to me

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Right now I'm just envisioning a first-party pass with Dee, Dixie, Elma, Chorus Men, and a retro rep (since we didn't get any of those). If ATs can be upgraded, then Isaac, Krystal, Skull Kid or Midna, Ashley, and Waluigi

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I can't imagine thinking this is an ok way to speak to people. According to this tweet Sakurai said nothing about it being only new franchises. So no one is wrong (yet).

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, what are everyone's new favorite remixes from the Challenger Pack? I absolutely love the remix of the Banjo-Kazooie main theme along with the remixes of Mumbo Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, and Spiral Mountain. The Megalovania remix is alright as it almost the exact same as the original, although this rendition also incoportations Heartache (Toriel's theme) & Bonetrousle (Papyrus' theme) in it which is sweet.
All the Banjo remakes are great.

And of course, the GOAT
25B32215-C983-4637-B5A1-30BC16F31022.jpeg

How rude

Don’t do that that is dangerous
No joke. I actually bought a piece of a beehive for consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom