• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So given we should be getting 11 more characters based on the WoL slot leak what characters do you guys think we might be getting given Sakurai said to try to please as many fans as he can.

I can personally see Sora and Crash for sure at this point. I also expect some 1st parties notably Byleth/Edelgard and an Gen 8 Pokemon as well. Perhaps an Daemon x Machina character too.
Spike. I luv ya. But you fell way off after Crash.

As for my predictions..... I don’t want to say anything official until we know who Challenger 5 is. Need a whole data set.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Super NES games are coming out for the Switch today, right? Oddly enough, the one that I'm most excited for is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. For whatever reason, that was never on the Wii's Virtual Console (and the Wii U only got the Game Boy Advance version, which seems like it would be a downgrade), so I haven't played that game before.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Spike. I luv ya. But you fell way off after Crash.

As for my predictions..... I don’t want to say anything official until we know who Challenger 5 is. Need a whole data set.
I kinda feel the same way, been meaning to renew my wishlist for the last pack though.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So is Terry gonna be like Captain Falcon mixed with Ryu? That's the impression I was getting
No. Terry will not be.

Terry showed off what looked to be his Down B and Forward B.

Buster Wolf is a lunge punch. Akin to Lil Mac'
Buster Wave (Might be naming it wrong) is a fire wave across the ground. Ryu Hadoken on the ground. This one could also be his B move.

His Final Smash will be Buster Geyser for sure. Three Super Buster Waves. As for other B Moves. There are some. I check the Terry Thread for more on potential movesets.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Guys.

The part in Megalovania from ASGORE is actually Heartache (Toriel’s battle theme).

Dang Sansiel shippers get off my lawn.
So given we should be getting 11 more characters based on the WoL slot leak what characters do you guys think we might be getting given Sakurai said to try to please as many fans as he can.

I can personally see Sora and Crash for sure at this point. I also expect some 1st parties notably Byleth/Edelgard and an Gen 8 Pokemon as well. Perhaps an Daemon x Machina character too.
Steve and Geno.

Make it happen, Sakurai.

I can also see Porky or Ninten, maybe Shantae, and maybe AT upgrades like Isaac (based off of what Sabi’s Nintendo source said a long while back, how Nintendo was surprised by the Isaac AT backlash and that there’s a chance a second pass could come maybe with AT upgrades), Waluigi, Skull Kid, Midna, etc.

I think Sakurai mentioned the fans when talking about the DLC, so we might not get characters from newer/incredibly recent first-parties considering this was recorded two days after Hero’s showcase.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When the guitars in Megalovania start riffing.

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Can't believe it falls down to me to spread the real gospel here.

Still Give Goemon some respect. His series is brand new to smash. Maybe have a separate image for Mii costumes.

Not as fast as o expected him to be, but that’s okay. And I wish the eggs were a little stronger, but they work fine. Maybe they’ll be buffed.

Overall I think he’s pretty good.
Banjo is great. I love his stage. Looks so good. And his Wonder Wing move is great for kills.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still Give Goemon some respect. His series is brand new to smash. Maybe have a separate image for Mii costumes.
Gotta be real, the only things I know about Goemon is his N64 soundtrack is baller and that he's a playable character in Super Bomberman R

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Has a series ever gotten a mii costume first and then a character in the same game?

No?

No Frisk?

Ok
No Frisk. But Mii costumes have become characters in the past.

Gotta be real, the only things I know about Goemon is his N64 soundtrack is baller and that he's a playable character in Super Bomberman R
That is most peoples reactions. I even saw one youtuber who thought Goemon was from Rare. That dude... ugg.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
sakurai at e3: "it's a rare thing indeed for us to add western characters to smash"
sakurai after three beers:

1567692416243.png

D

Deleted member

So you all know how we were questioning how we could get a hyper reveal than Hero and Banjo at E3?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I need mor people to talk about Terry and animal crossing with. One of my friends wouldnt shut up about this sans **** and it got very annoying
Terry needs his Mark of the Wolves costume. And his blue alt.
His spirits also need to be Teams from KoF if we can squeeze it (his stage does have Ryo)
Team Fatal Fury
Team Girls (with Mai and Blue Mary)
Rugal for sure
Geese
Rock Howard
Butt
Team Korea (Freddy Kruger man)
Team Art of Fighting.

And his Classic route should be in the vain of Ryu. Stamina battles.
He should Fight Ryu as his Final Boss. With Dracula being the second to last right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom