• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is a vent, but

I hate sans. Been watching reactions of the direct and everyone, even gameexplain has a unwarranted boner for that character. We got an announcement for Terry Bogard and everyone is going nuts over a mii costume. It is a sad state in gaming. Even had the return of a classic gaming series, with over 25 games in its line up and no other representation in smash Goemon. And not even a mention. But the meme machine keeps on turning and now we have a mii character everyone and their uncle and meme. Good thing Mii Gunner is kind of crap. I will have to practice killing him.

Even the announcement of more characters has been overshadowed by this meme. It is just annoying. Undertale was fine, but was not that great of a game. It was not the second coming. It did not save gaming. It did not partake in one of the largest rivalries outside of Nintendo vs Sega. It is a PC game with decent music. So annoying.

anyway. rant over. Enjoy your meme.
Ill be honest, I wish there was more reaction for Terry then there was for a tired meme

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I know this is probably not true, but I feel like one the very few people that’s legitimately excited for Terry.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I changed the poll question, since we now know that there are going to be fighters after the Fighter's Pass - it's just a matter of how many we're going to get.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What kind of moveset will Terry will have? I don't know the character at all, but he seems cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I changed the poll question, since we now know that there are going to be fighters after the Fighter's Pass - it's just a matter of how many we're going to get.
I'll tell y'all this. We were all promised at least one more fighter after the pass. Don't get your expectations too high yet.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Hey, Everybody.

Just like to say, excited that we are getting more DLC characters.

Hope second round focuses more on Nintendo characters, then 3rd parrty.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was thinking. Every time I hear people talk about Isaac as a potential Smasher, everyone always says Venus Lighthouse should be his stage. But I just watched The Completionist’s Golden Sun video and he says that that is the final area of the game. Sakurai tends to not do that, especially for RPGs. So, with that in mind, what early game area would make a good Smash stage for Golden Sun. Just, hypothetically.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I like Terry but I have Sans now and I'm all about that instant gratification

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I feel like at least 3 is a reasonable bet - don't feel like they'd make as much of a fanfare if we were only getting a maximum of two more
Hopefully Nintendo or Sakurai will provide more info on this soon

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like at least 3 is a reasonable bet - don't feel like they'd make as much of a fanfare if we were only getting a maximum of two more
Hopefully Nintendo or Sakurai will provide more info on this soon
I agree with something that was said yesterday. That they wouldn’t say “Fighters Pass 2” before 1 was finished. It will be more than the pessimists are saying. I guarantee it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
big brain theory is that nintendo commissioned two more waves from sakurai almost immediately after seeing the sales from joker, hence the 10 additional slots being added in 2.0

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So given we should be getting 11 more characters based on the WoL slot leak what characters do you guys think we might be getting given Sakurai said to try to please as many fans as he can.

I can personally see Sora and Crash for sure at this point. I also expect some 1st parties notably Byleth/Edelgard and an Gen 8 Pokemon as well. Perhaps an Daemon x Machina character too.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
big brain theory is that nintendo commissioned two more waves from sakurai almost immediately after seeing the sales from joker, hence the 10 additional slots being added in 2.0
I feel like that's a pretty average brain theory

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Should probably change up my signature a bit since Banjo is in and we got more DLC coming.

But yeah, I think at least 3 characters is a plausible estimate at this point. We got no clue how they’re handling the DLC after the FP, so it’s best to keep expectations relatively low.

D

Deleted member

So given we should be getting 11 more characters based on the WoL slot leak what characters do you guys think we might be getting given Sakurai said to try to please as many fans as he can.

I can personally see Sora and Crash for sure at this point. I also expect some 1st parties notably Byleth/Edelgard and an Gen 8 Pokemon as well. Perhaps an Daemon x Machina character too.
Geno is a must have just for the core fanbase.

Otherwise, Sakurai has every opportunity and right to go nuts. Personally, I'd like to see him upgrade an assist trophy since they were fighters he wanted to put in the game but didn't have the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
So is Terry gonna be like Captain Falcon mixed with Ryu? That's the impression I was getting

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I’m going to say will get at least 4 more.

But if any, and I mean ANY of my Top 5 get in, I will be set with DLC.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So is Terry gonna be like Captain Falcon mixed with Ryu? That's the impression I was getting
hope y'all don't mind not using that back air because he'll be stuck facing his opponent like both the shotos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom