• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I was looking at what the description of the Sans mii costume says on the eShop, and...

"heya. so if you want your Mii to look like sans (a.k.a. me) from UNDERTALE, this here will let you do that. the outfit part is for Mii gunners only, so there's that. honestly, seeing myself like this sends a shiver down my spine."

"sure hope you found that...humerus. *wink*"

"oh, and there's a special arrangement of the song MEGALOVANIA. if you don't like it..."

"i've got a bone to pick with ya"

I kid you not.
This is the best timeline btw

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Early after the game's release, dataminers found a total of 16 additional slots for fighters in the World of Light game mode.

Essentially, there existed 16 additional slots for fighters at that point. This was before Plant, so after the Fighters Pass 10 of those slots will still be open. We can use this as a potential maximum for how many additional fighters we'll be seeing.
Oh nice. Actually, I do remember hearing about that, but I thought it was 30 spaces found in the datamine, not 16

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yeah, I'm going to be honest folks. I absolutely think it's all 3rd parties with DLC. People said the exact same thing when Reggie said something along the lines of, "These are characters we haven't seen in Smash". it didn't rule out 1st parties, but I always felt that was implied.

3rd parties have much higher selling potential at this point. The question of, "How are they expanding this crossover even further?" is going to surround every single new reveal. I'll tell you right now, I'm going to support Edelgard as a playable character. I don't actually think she's going to happen.

We'll have had an entire DLC pack filled with 3rd Party content. This is after Reggie said what he did at the VGAs. Everybody denied the idea that it would be all 3rd parties. If the idea, as Sakurai put it, today is anything to go off of, "game worlds" refers (if you ask me) to franchises. New "game worlds" or "franchises" could include 1st parties, but it certainly doesn't suggest that adding another character from a 1st party represented in Smash is at all in the cards, let along somebody in as an Assist Trophy or Spirit.

Friends of mine interpreted it the same way. While I'm not surprised folks are optimistic about 1st parties being in the running, I think it's...optimistic at best. Really not trying to rain on the parade, but there are still picks out there that can take this crossover to a whole new level, and they don't come from Nintendo companies.
Like I said earlier, the statement is vague. Technically, BotW is a new game world that was added in Ultimate.

Sakurai knows that there are fans of Nintendo games too that would like to see a character get in Smash. He added Corrin for the sole purpose of that. Do I think we're getting only first-party characters after this pass? Obviously not, but do I think we're getting a few. Absolutely. Sakurai's goal is and never has been to cram in as many new franchises as he can, and I have faith in him acknowledging the existing franchises too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't really care about Sans but Megalovania is a jam. Hmm.

Ah **** it. I downloaded the Plant, might as well buy this too.

D

Deleted member

YO Yoko Shimomura composed the Treasure Trove Cove remix. I was hoping they would give her one of the Banjo songs to do something with.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Oh nice. Actually, I do remember hearing about that, but I thought it was 30 spaces found in the datamine, not 16
There were a ton of placeholder slots found in the game files, that's what you're thinking of. The WoL stuff is for the CSS in the WoL mode, I think. I don't fully understand it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I will say that the best kind of Mii Costumes are those in which you can't see it's still a lameass Mii.

So on that basis the Sans costume is fantastic. :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
its a full version update so I don't believe they are saved.

Also for what's it worth, Megalovania is not listed as it's own series. It's in the other tab in game with no additional icon.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
There were a ton of placeholder slots found in the game files, that's what you're thinking of. The WoL stuff is for the CSS in the WoL mode, I think. I don't fully understand it.
game started with 30 unusued slots (obviously never all to be used, but just as a hard limit incase for some reason they went absolutely ballistic)

2.0 added 16 of those slots to WoL, suggesting they started having plans to add more than 6 DLC fighters

D

Deleted member

I will say that the best kind of Mii Costumes are those in which you can't see it's still a ******* Mii.

It literally does just look like Sans is in Smash. That's the best part about it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was expecting BK to have their Banjo-Tooie mulitplayer color swaps.

But on the other hand, the ones we got are much more creative than those.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I will say that the best kind of Mii Costumes are those in which you can't see it's still a ******* Mii.

****ing this. Right here. I can play Sans Mii without looking like a creepy china doll.

D

Deleted member

I was expecting BK to have their Banjo-Tooie mulitplayer color swaps.

But on the other hand, the ones we got are much more creative than those.
Can we get an idea on what they reference?

I know Alt Skin 3 references Konga from Mumbo Mountain enemies.
Alt Skin 5's got that polar bear thing going on.
Alt Skin 7 is Hailfire Peaks
And Alt Skin 8 is Grunty

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The new Pokemon footage is nice and all but the only thing I want to see is the list of the Pokes that aren't making the trip to Galar. That's all I need to see, nothing else. Come on, Gamefreak... >.>

D

Deleted member

At first I was worried at how little damage :ultbanjokazooie: seem to do but then I killed :ultfox: at 50% from center stage with side B and everything was okay

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm just happy that Waluigi and Steve still have a chance of being playable fighters in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom