• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably gonna be incredibly salty if Namco doesn't get a character in season 2, this company helped develop the game, why do they only get one? Square enix got like 5 characters if got count the individual heroes as 4 characters.

I'm gonna have to make a choice between hot leggings or legs for days
View attachment 258368
Augumon, Heihachi, or Lloyd are the most likely. With room for something weird like Klonoa or The Prince.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
For vol 2, I don't have much in the way of expectations.

My only real wants are Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong. Bomberman too but I don't think assist upgrades can happen. In the case of wanting for others, I would be happy to see Geno. In the case of assist upgrades, I would be happy to see Isaac.

Scorpion, if he brought a Shao Kahn player icon with him, would be kinda insane given how MK influenced my teen years.

So those are six characters I guess would make up my personal fighters pass.
So Cyberpunk 2077 got delayed for 8 months because obviously the game wasn't finished, only for them to... implement crunch for the next 8 months.

???
Kinda says a lot about how crunch is just accepted in the industry at this point when it really shouldn't be. The fact that a company can now just openly announce that they're going to exploit and abuse their workers with little repercussions is kinda disgusting.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ok so for fighter pass two...

we should get the "overpowered" tier characters from past smash games :p

1- Smash OG Pikachu :pikachu64:
2- Melee Fox :foxmelee:
3- Brawl Meta Knight :metaknight:
4- Smash 4 Bayonetta :4bayonetta:
5- Project M Wolf :wolf:
6- Tabuu from Subspace Emissary

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I know who I WANT to see in season 2, but I'm not going in expecting anything. Just like with season 1.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
PapaGenos be like

“I don’t care.”

*rants for 40 minutes*

“Honestly guys I really don’t care.”

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
PapaGenos be like

“I don’t care.”

*rants for 40 minutes*

“Honestly guys I really don’t care.”
I miss-read that as PapaJohns at first.

Anyway, this is the first time I've heard about the guy since everyone seems to be complaining about his reaction... for understandable reasons.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ok so for fighter pass two...

we should get the "overpowered" tier characters from past smash games :p

1- Smash OG Pikachu :pikachu64:
2- Melee Fox :foxmelee:
3- Brawl Meta Knight :metaknight:
4- Smash 4 Bayonetta :4bayonetta:
5- Project M Wolf :wolf:
6- Tabuu from Subspace Emissary
Preorder to get pre-nerf Ultimate Pichu :ultpichu:.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I miss-read that as PapaJohns at first.

Anyway, this is the first time I've heard about the guy since everyone seems to be complaining about his reaction... for understandable reasons.
I don’t know why. Like, it’s not like he was insulting the fans are even yelling. I mean, how would you react when a character is reveal that you really didn’t want? Like, I actually think MY reaction yesterday was WORSE than his.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 got any new breedjects?
Right now just duraladon. I honestly haven’t played too much this week.

Duraladon is 4-5iv. Missing attack and I think hp but I’d have to double. They are also stalwart. I should probably round up eggs today as I was breeding for its shiny form but I haven’t really done much towards it.

D

Deleted member

random anime clip I have a feeling I'm gonna regret posting but **** it, haha funny meme
1490417811.rex100_gif__13_ (1).gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t know why. Like, it’s not like he was insulting the fans are even yelling. I mean, how would you react when a character is reveal that you really didn’t want? Like, I actually think MY reaction yesterday was WORSE than his.
It’s fine to be upset, but their ways to take it to the extreme. Which his was. He literally started grit his teeth and looked like if he was a cartoon he’d erupt.
If you got your most wanted character in a game with 80 characters and plenty of love to series, then that behavior and reaction is super uncalled for.

It’s one more character out of 82, like this game has something for everyone so the behavior is insane

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It’s fine to be upset, but their ways to take it to the extreme. Which his was. He literally started grit his teeth and looked like if he was a cartoon he’d erupt.
If you got your most wanted character in a game with 80 characters and plenty of love to series, then that behavior and reaction is super uncalled for.

It’s one more character out of 82, like this game has something for everyone so the behavior is insane
Basically what Z25 said.

Also, if you're seriously getting *that* mad over fighters in a video game, you need to sort out your priorities.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

How does one even think "Yes, I will upload this 40 minute long video of me throwing a temper tantrum over a video game character on youtube"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I feel like you watched a different video then I did.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How does one even think "Yes, I will upload this 40 minute long video of me throwing a temper tantrum over a video game character on youtube"
I don’t know but most of his twitter respondes support him which is ridiculous that this fanbase thinks that way.

They literally went out of their way to make Byleth play like a fire emblem smash character and play how an actually fire emblem character should.

If you can’t even respect that or see it’s uniqueness then I don’t know how you could be so blind and toxic

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

I really don't understand when people, before release and now, get super upset or even go "I quit" when a character they wanted doesn't get in.

If you're a fan of the series, that means that there's at least one character you like and play. The way some people react, it's as though they hate all the characters that currently exist and only care about the one potential newcomer they want. I can understand being disappointed with the new picks and be bored of the same character after so long, but people are acting like this was their only reason to play, when it objectively can't be.

Before Ridley and Dark Samus were shown off, I was still unbelievably hype for Ultimate and was completely ready to have R.O.B. be my main for a decade and beyond. It's not like if the characters I wanted didn't get in, I was going to quit and act like the game was of no redeeming value.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t know but most of his twitter respondes support him which is ridiculous that this fanbase thinks that way.

They literally went out of their way to make Byleth play like a fire emblem smash character and play how an actually fire emblem character should.

If you can’t even respect that or see it’s uniqueness then I don’t know how you could be so blind and toxic
rule of thumb. Trying to force someone into admitting something they don’t like is good will not generate positive results.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Because, as with any opinion topic, there's a wide spectrum of viewpoints. Usually the extremes only make up a tiny percent on each side of the spectrum. Unfortunately, for Smash, a large percentage of people are very vitriolic about who should and shouldn't be included, so that kind of video actually has a large audience and support.

Most people are reasonable, however, in either their disappointment or their excitement. In any topic, most people are reasonable and civil, it's just that the ones who are extreme and loud are the ones who speak out the most.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
rule of thumb. Trying to force someone into admitting something they don’t like is good will not generate positive results.
I’m not trying to force anyone of that. If they are blind to what I said now then it’s not gonna change

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m honestly betting right now dlc 6 is going to be pretty hype worthy. I genuinely think Geno has a good shot at it. Regardless of who it is,

I think all the salty people are about to feel really stupid when some top request gets in. We’ll see a repeat of the first characters on the pass being big names to see pre sales, I’m positive.

So all the complaint and salt is very dumb right now.

Especially when these complainers knew about the world of light slots that were added mo this ago and should have believed that they are all getting filled because they made that real obvious.

so complaining when 10 more characters are coming is nonsense

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Smash Bros Fan: Why are we getting another FE character?

DBFZ Fans: Why are we getting another Goku?
I really wish that the DBZ FighterZ team would realize that there are more characters in Dragon Ball than just Goku. We could have Kefla (or Kale, or Caulifla), Roshi, Toppo, Ribrianne, and that's just from the Tournament of Power arc ALONE. But nope, clearly, we need Kid Goku and Ultra Instinct Goku, on top of Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Goku, base Goku, Goku Black, and three separate fusions involving Goku.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I really wish that the DBZ FighterZ team would realize that there are more characters in Dragon Ball than just Goku. We could have Kefla (or Kale, or Caulifla), Roshi, Toppo, Ribrianne, and that's just from the Tournament of Power arc ALONE. But nope, clearly, we need Kid Goku and Ultra Instinct Goku, on top of Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Goku, base Goku, Goku Black, and three separate fusions involving Goku.
Sorry pal, but the market as spoken.

Only way to get rid of all those Goku is to main Android 16.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m honestly betting right now dlc 6 is going to be pretty hype worthy. I genuinely think Geno has a good shot at it. Regardless of who it is,

I think all the salty people are about to feel really stupid when some top request gets in. We’ll see a repeat of the first characters on the pass being big names to see pre sales, I’m positive.

So all the complaint and salt is very dumb right now.

Especially when these complainers knew about the world of light slots that were added mo this ago and should have believed that they are all getting filled because they made that real obvious.

so complaining when 10 more characters are coming is nonsense
Wait.... TEN more!?! Is that before or after the 6 from FP2?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait.... TEN more!?! Is that before or after the 6 from FP2?
Before. People knew this too. Every fighter pass character took up a slot in wol that was added after plant. That leaves 4 left after the next pass. Meaning ten characters were planned along with pass one.

Unless they add more which maybe they will down the line. After all they didn’t say fighters pass two is the last pass, it’s being billed as volume 2. Meaning volume 3 is very likely

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Before. People knew this too. Every fighter pass character took up a slot in wol that was added after plant. That leaves 4 left after the next pass. Meaning ten characters were planned along with pass one.

Unless they add more which maybe they will down the line. After all they didn’t say fighters pass two is the last pass, it’s being billed as volume 2. Meaning volume 3 is very likely
I'm updating my predictions then. BRB.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Upon initial impressions of PapaGenos's reaction, it's more than just not liking the character, there's a level of entitlement there like he deserved a character that wasn't an FE character and... no, that's not how that works. You aren't entitled to anything in Smash.

EDIT: And to add onto that, this is the second time I've seen someone complain about a "Fire Emblem history lesson." Like... the same thing happened with Terry, why is this one so bad?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Upon initial impressions of PapaGenos's reaction, it's more than just not liking the character, there's a level of entitlement there like he deserved a character that wasn't an FE character and... no, that's not how that works. You aren't entitled to anything in Smash.
I feel like people are seeing whatever they want in this video. It's like a Rorschach test.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I feel like people are seeing whatever they want in this video. It's like a Rorschach test.
There's a difference between "okay, not my pick, I don't like it, but whatever" and "this is taking up another slot. there better be another announce after this. this is a bad choice, it should have ended at Banjo"

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
One is the pre-approved way to be dissapointed and the other isn't?
I'm wondering if we watching the same video, he isn't being just being disappointed, he's being unreasonably upset and vitriolic in this. This is angry reacting, nothing constructive coming out of it just "you could have added this but you did FE and FE bad gripe gripe I'm not mad but"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom