• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I will say though I do think we need more instances of characters like Amy, Cream, Rouge and Blaze playable...

I like Velocity the Hedgehog myself.
I just want more games where other characters are playable period. I always preferred playing as other characters than playing as sonic.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't buy Papagenos new video, most of the Byleth reaction videos I've watched have been pretty subdued and they're still entertaining. Plus, if it really was all "just a prank, bro" then why wait 5 days to say anything? I think this is just him trying to save his own ass because he realizes that he made himself look like a spoiled child.

And if it really was fake? He might deserve an Oscar because he was pretty convincingly childish. But for real, people wanted a reaction, not an act.

I'm considering unsubscribing

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Today I will fake a 40 minute long reaction that'll make me look like a complete manchild and tank my reputation, then I'll reveal it was an epic prank a few days later but refuse to show my "real" reaction.

Reeks of bull****.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Today I will fake a 40 minute long reaction that'll make me look like a complete manchild and tank my reputation, then I'll reveal it was an epic prank a few days later but refuse to show my "real" reaction.

Reeks of bull****.
To be fair, he could've deleted his first reaction, and his last "reaction" in the rehearsal footage sounded/looked just like his reaction video. Still a weird flex though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just want more games where other characters are playable period. I always preferred playing as other characters than playing as sonic.
A while ago I remember coming up with an idea for a weird combo of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes. With multiple gameplay “classes” that each replicate a different SA style. Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Amy, and Blaze for instance all sharing Sonic’s speed stages, but with slight alterations for their unique quirks. Tails gameplay shared by Bean, Ray, Cream and Charmy. Knuckles gameplay shared with Rouge and Espio. Mighty, Vector, Big, and Bark sharing some sort of strength based gimmick. Omega, Eggman, and Fang shooting levels, etc etc. Definitely needs a lot more refining then what I outlined though.

Maybe just limit it to the Sonic Heroes cast plus Silver, Blaze, Mighty, and Ray?
Since we're getting the River City series in Smash now, can we get a remix of that classic theme please?

I feel like we need to at least consider Double Dragon at this point.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh hey it's Choose Your Legends season.
Screenshot_20200121-221932~2.png

Shroob

Sup?
I don't buy Papagenos new video, most of the Byleth reaction videos I've watched have been pretty subdued and they're still entertaining. Plus, if it really was all "just a prank, bro" then why wait 5 days to say anything? I think this is just him trying to save his own ass because he realizes that he made himself look like a spoiled child.

And if it really was fake? He might deserve an Oscar because he was pretty convincingly childish. But for real, people wanted a reaction, not an act.

I'm considering unsubscribing
As much as I hate to say it, already did tbh.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A while ago I remember coming up with an idea for a weird combo of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes. With multiple gameplay “classes” that each replicate a different SA style. Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Amy, and Blaze for instance all sharing Sonic’s speed stages, but with slight alterations for their unique quirks. Tails gameplay shared by Bean, Ray, Cream and Charmy. Knuckles gameplay shared with Rouge and Espio. Mighty, Vector, Big, and Bark sharing some sort of strength based gimmick. Omega, Eggman, and Fang shooting levels, etc etc. Definitely needs a lot more refining then what I outlined though.

Maybe just limit it to the Sonic Heroes cast plus Silver, Blaze, Mighty, and Ray?

I actually had a similar idea myself but instead of Mighty and Ray it added Tangle and Whisper from the IDW Comic series so the categories went like:
Speed
Sonic, Shadow, Espio, Blaze, Whisper
Flight
Tails, Rouge, Charmy, Cream, Silver
Power
Knuckles, Omega, Vector, Amy, Tangle

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

I feel like if ArcSys gets a fighter, it's Ragna or Sol, with a slight edge to Ragna because I'm pretty sure the director of Guilty Gear doesn't want Sol in a crossover fighting game until the GG story's finished (that's what I heard at least).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like if ArcSys gets a fighter, it's Ragna or Sol, with a slight edge to Ragna because I'm pretty sure the director of Guilty Gear doesn't want Sol in a crossover fighting game until the GG story's finished (that's what I heard at least).
I don’t know why but I feel like Nintendo won’t want a fighter in smash with the name “bloodedge”.

And isn’t the new GG a reboot? So wouldn’t that make Sol eligible under that criteria?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Would be pretty interesting if he brought the heat gauge with him as his new mechanic.

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t know why but I feel like Nintendo won’t want a fighter in smash with the name “bloodedge”.

And isn’t the new GG a reboot? So wouldn’t that make Sol eligible under that criteria?
I mean

One of the main Castlevania songs is literally called Bloody Tears.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually had a similar idea myself but instead of Mighty and Ray it added Tangle and Whisper from the IDW Comic series so the categories went like:
Speed
Sonic, Shadow, Espio, Blaze, Whisper
Flight
Tails, Rouge, Charmy, Cream, Silver
Power
Knuckles, Omega, Vector, Amy, Tangle
Only time will tell if Tangle and Whisper become main series characters.

And I think we need to do what we can to keep Mighty and Ray around now that they’re back.

And also, Knuckles gameplay in 3D is usually about Emerald hunting. That doesn’t really work for any character you put in his category, and I think it would be a shame to limit him to just platforming with occasionally having to punch things.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh hey it's Choose Your Legends season.View attachment 259128
Wait it’s back again?

Sweet, probably going to vote Chrom, Dimitri, and I don’t know who else.

-I can’t vote gatekeeper

1579665207483.jpeg

Also how do you feel about the sort of Virion Alt and his new weapon? I promoted a normal one the other day but still need to figure a build out

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

And I think we need to do what we can to keep Mighty and Ray around now that they’re back.

And also, Knuckles gameplay in 3D is usually about Emerald hunting. That doesn’t really work for any character you put in his category, and I think it would be a shame to limit him to just platforming with occasionally having to punch things.
But no one likes the Emerald hunting though, does the Master Emerald need to be broken a third time?

Also Mighty and Ray need modern designs

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At least IS finally got some common sense. Any character who appears in a different form in their game or another game now count as the same votes, Including Marth who would have won last year if this was the case

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Oh hey it's Choose Your Legends season.View attachment 259128
I was wondering when this would pop up again.

Gave my vote to Claude, not sure who I'll do for the rest yet outside of Jill.

At least IS finally got some common sense. Any character who appears in a different form in their game or another game now count as the same votes, Including Marth who would have won last year if this was the case
They combined the votes last year as well, Marth lost because midterms results allowed Eliwood fans to get a second wind and push for him to kick out Marth from second place.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
DMC5 is pretty great. I just gotta get past Urizen in Mission 8. It's pretty hard, but I'll get it eventually. On a first playthough, I gotta say I wasn't expecting any missions to get A or S ranks, but so far I got quite a few of those. V's kind of weird, but fun.

One part that was hype, is that I was low on health(like Magic Pixel here) because of the Death Scissors, and had to fight the re-spawing lizard dudes in the next room and bodied them All without getting touched. It was that good ****, healed from it too.

Nero Demons Might Weep.png

Somehow more satisfying than a completely perfect run of a level.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I kinda hope so, the narrative I had for the Sonic fighting game idea iv been working on would allow them to join the game but still be able to use the other dimension excuse so maybe that could be a bridge to ease them into the games, they’d probably be DLC characters for the game regardless.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Fair point. I just don’t know how to feel about BlazBlue. It’s story is more complicated then Kingdom Hearts.
Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Trails and all have pretty complicated stories too. I prefer either minimalism or basic stories or stories that have lore and worldbuilding rivaling the real world but never really in the middle.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
We were talking about Sonic?

IDW comics unironically have a better story going on than Forces and Silver should be playable again.

Amy, Rouge, and Cream should also get more love.

Also Vector is 1000% a great character in the comics and I wish that translated over to the main games more often.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
WoW's story never fails to disappoint me lol.

"Hey, there's this massive threat on the loose, and whatever we do we CANNOT kill it or it'll have massive repercussions on the world. What do we do?"

"Idklol nuke it?"

*Nukes it*

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Sol would be a pretty badass addition to Smash. Maybe I'd finally play a "real" fighting game then. :101:

GG Strive is just so damn good-looking, I'm tempted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom