• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm trying to get back into anime.

A friend dared me to watch a few random anime over the last few seasons and they ranged from "Okay" to "If I ever meet you irl, I will shank you."

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Only two anime to really click with me recently were Demon Slayer and Castlevania... that's it honestly.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm trying to get back into anime.

A friend dared me to watch a few random anime over the last few seasons and they ranged from "Okay" to "If I ever meet you irl, I will shank you."
look up Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken
Its about 2 girls that wanna make an anime and 1 girl thats in it for the money

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And regarding the SwSh DLC, I'm moreso excited on what this could mean for the future of the franchise. If this DLC does well, than I can see the death of the third version completely, which is a win for everyone. Since GF doesn't have to rebuild the game from the ground up, then they can also spend more time on other projects, such as Gen 4 remakes or Gen 9 without crunching hard. And if the wild areas prove popular, then I can see Gen 9 being a seamless region.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I tried watching the former.
Didn’t really click with me (after one episode)
I might give Little Witch Academia a try.
There was one anime I vividly remember.
Something about a Squid trying to rule the world?
Probably just a myth though...
Typically you want to give an anime three episodes to really prove itself. You get the setup of most stories and can tell whether you'll enjoy them or not. I'd say give ZLS another two episodes and then make a judgement.

If you want to watch Squid Girl I'd say that's a very good idea.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
These are my 10/10 favorites:

top 9 anime.png

From top left to right:
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Space Runaway Ideon
Mobile Suit Gundam (0079)

From mid left to right:
Ojamajo Doremi
Takarajima
Nadia: The Secret of the Blue Water

From bottom left to right:
Combat Mecha Xabungle
Turn A Gundam
Urusei Yatsura

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
These are my 10/10 favorites:

View attachment 256866
From top left to right:
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Space Runaway Ideon
Mobile Suit Gundam (0079)

From mid left to right:
Ojamajo Doremi
Takarajima
Nadia: The Secret of the Blue Water

From bottom left to right:
Combat Mecha Xabungle
Turn A Gundam
Urusei Yatsura
ayooo Doremiii

Aaayyooo Ureseii

I also like how this list isnt just "whats hot right now"

Shroob

Sup?
All I know is I'm watching a few episodes of the anime airing this winter season.

They range from:

"This is good"

to

"I don't like this"

to

"Oh god WHY do I like this."

No I'm not saying which.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We're talking anime now? Uh, well, I don't watch much of it, the only ones I saw was One Punch Man, MHA, Dragon Ball and DBZ (the original Dragon Ball was better).

I do enjoy them quite a bit. Most would say to have Dragon Ball Z as an entrypoint, but I used MHA as my first.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
For some reason there are only 2 genres of anime that I just can't get into Mecha and ultra violent/gory (like Attack on Titan), I've tried both and just get bored or disturbed.

I'll take a cozy harem anime over either of them any day haha.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Speaking of anime, I'm thinking of watching Treasure Island. I forgot most of what happened in the show because I only watched it when I was a wee little lad. Time to take a trip down memory lane.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anime?
Currently airing: Haikyuu!!, My Hero Academia, Chihayafuru

Recently finished a season; Dr. Stone, Shokugeki no Soma, Demon Slayer, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Long-time Favorites: HunterxHunter, Fullmetal Alchemist; Brotherhood, Death Note, Erased

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
We're talking anime now? Uh, well, I don't watch much of it, the only ones I saw was One Punch Man, MHA, Dragon Ball and DBZ (the original Dragon Ball was better).

I do enjoy them quite a bit. Most would say to have Dragon Ball Z as an entrypoint, but I used MHA as my first.
I think good entry points in anime really depend on the person and their general tastes.

As a kid I watched Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, and Inu-Yasha, but I don't know if I can count them since I didn't really know what anime was at the time and (aside from Inu-Yasha) they were all pretty Americanized and almost barely resemble the original versions.

But my first modern animes were Rosario + Vampire (yeah yeah, laugh. It was cozy and funny), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Lucky Star, and they got me hooked.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Today's Masuda's birthday, but that's not why I'm making this post.

Look at his cat's face and tell me it doesn't look like Mewtwo.

Masuda: "Its my birthday!"
Cat:
20200112_011059.jpg

"The world pushes us with no mercy and when some push back the world points and cries EVIL."

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Probably going to do DMC3 next, pretty much only because I don't really feel like re-setting up my Wii U to play DK.

time to finally grasp the P I Z Z A T I M E

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I haven't watched any anime in a while.

I watched The Seven Deadly Sins and MHA last, though I hear NnT has degraded in quality with the recent manga chapters.

Before that, it was The Promised Neverland and Assassination Classroom.

Probably gonna catch up on MHA but I also wanna be able to binge the whole season.

Shroob

Sup?
Really tho one of the anime I "Hate that I like this" has a ****ing bop of an OP.

Hell no I'm not gonna drop the title, it's way too R-17.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After all this shiny breeding, I forgot to mention that I added Sirfetch'd to my battle ready box.

Right now, he's just got a crit build that allows him to crit all the ****ing time. In raid battles, I find that it's especially useful because it allows Sirfetch'd to do massive damage even when attacking barriers.

Super fun 'mon. I'm sad I waited this long to get one, but then again, I wanted one with Scrappy, and that is a really hard ability to get for it. Thanks again for trading that one you had, Z25 Z25 .

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There's probably a ton of anime I would like if I gave them a chance but just haven't gotten around to checking out yet.

Instead I'm obsessing over an anime-inspired show about dragons.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Lots of anime sound interesting, but I just can't get into shows on my own. So I've started a few, but never gotten far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom