• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
That's true. I still find it hilarious 4Kids went with Demoness Knight in the Capsule Monsters dub. Like, why? That's ten times worse. Tons don't know what Succubi are anyway. I wonder what you could easily call her, though... Shadow Sword Knight? She's often a Shadow attribute in the DDS-style games. Kind of fits?

Anyway, true. The lore is grrrrreat. I also gotta finish up how I plan to do the Zelda-Ritual archtype. Called Tri- itself. You have ones like Tri-Celtic Defender, which is a Celtic Guardian and Link combo. Among others. I plan to have the Tingle variant directly be a Field Searcher, and possibly also a Ritual Spell/Monster searcher too for the archtype. I got the core characters already done via that(Link, Zelda, Ganon, Ganondorf, Fierce Deity Link, Sheik, Din, Naryu, Farore, and I'm working on ideas for Skull Kid/Majora's Mask too).
Speaking of lore.

They brought back the Blue Mekk Knight in the newest card dump by having it fuse with Dingirsu now that Avram is a 'literal god'.

Like... neat? But what's the point? The World Legacy story arc is over. :dr^_^:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of lore.

They brought back the Blue Mekk Knight in the newest card dump by having it fuse with Dingirsu now that Avram is a 'literal god'.

Maybe it's not as over as we thought? I remember another story being revived with new Shaddolls.

But yeah.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe it's not as over as we thought? I remember another story being revived with new Shaddolls.

But yeah.
Nah, that wasn't a revival, they were just trying to shoehorn some stuff into the existing lore to explain things better.

Ariel and Winda both have "Reborn" cards in Spirtual Beast Tamer Winda and Nekroz Ariel, but only Winda went through the "Die > Be reborn as Shaddoll > Reborn" card cycle. They had to add Ariel eventually to explain how she went from Gishki > Dying during the Evilswarm Pandemic > Back from the dead as a Nekroz.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, that wasn't a revival, they were just trying to shoehorn some stuff into the existing lore to explain things better.

Ariel and Winda both have "Reborn" cards in Spirtual Beast Tamer Winda and Nekroz Ariel, but only Winda went through the "Die > Be reborn as Shaddoll > Reborn" card cycle. They had to add Ariel eventually to explain how she went from Gishki > Dying during the Evilswarm Pandemic > Back from the dead as a Nekroz.
Ah, fair. I thought they were completely new forms, not filling in the blanks.

Either way, it's common for companies to add more to the story even when an arc is done. Toy Story 4 much? Not saying quality is an issue here, though.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This thread title changes as much as I get good Piñatas in my garden.

Except the Piñatas don’t stay in the garden...

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
This is just sweet to me and I don't know why.
DC7d-zCV0AAYC1c.jpg

Note: Kirby is just giving a little smooch/kissy on someone's finger.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here’s the trailer although it’s not much:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ooh, finally thought of a 3rd move. Gift Horse. Since Resindilemon is basically the opposite of Leviamon, being Generosity, it fires off a present from its mouth. Allies get healed. Those unaffiliated get a Monzaemon plushie. Enemies get an explosion. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth(and boy, is it a big mouth), amirite?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
No please, post more Paper Mario, those designs are fantastic.
Well if you insist...
393DE8F3-9D72-4DD4-8648-71B61D401936.jpeg

Are the colors okay for these two?
I really appreciate you saying that btw, thank you!

Here’s the trailer although it’s not much:
Why does the Galar region have a tropical biome?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've seriously got to stop staying up this late. 5am where I am.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I shall depart to the realm of dreams. Been an interesting night on the forum learning some new stuff.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Gotta love how Landorus became the embodiment of the Pillar Men theme in the span of hours from only seconds of footage.

Good thing I don't play online

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My main team is Spider-Man, Venom, Storm and Psylocke. I think the team's pretty well balanced since Spider-Man's my Jack of all trades/Crowd Control character, Storm's my Zoner, Venom's my Tank and Psylocke's my Glass Cannon.

Miles just gets a lot more bonuses with Spider-Man. But even without the extra bonuses, it's still a pretty effective team I think.
That's a good team to have. My main team are the Spider-Men, Gwen, and Kamala (for the Jojo Punches)
All the Resident Evil CGI movies are worth a watch for their campy action (I riffed the first one if you ever saw that), but Vendetta is, like, a whole different level of gloriously stupid.

Also I like sassy Rebecca. I'm glad they bought her back.

...why does Rebecca look good tho
Stop blaming Carl for everything, can’t you see he’s stressed out enough?
Carl will rule us all
Well **** me.

https://twitter.com/scottderrickson/status/1215428331450953728

Of all the MCU films it had to be this one. One of the two post-Endgame MCU films I'm interested seeing in at this point...
It’ll be fine...Marvel has gone through worse (Inhumans)
why the **** did I care about this FE:3H gdq run when all the great music doesnt last long

Oh well, Wind waker is tomorrow, Ill watch that
because...Claude
Hope this hasn’t be posted yet
Doriyah

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is it cannibalism if one species eats another species? That sounds like regular hunting to me.

You can feed Slowpokes the tails of other Slowpokes in curry.
So in other words it's been around for a while now? Fair point on Farfetch'd, but Slowpoke pretty much culls your point. It was confirmed since Gen II, heh.

Shroob

Sup?
So in other words it's been around for a while now? Fair point on Farfetch'd, but Slowpoke pretty much culls your point. It was confirmed since Gen II, heh.
I don't think so?

The Slowpoke tail in Gen 2 was never explicitly said to be food for Pokemon, and in Gen 6 it was on a Menu in a restaurant for People. Gen 8 is the first time in the series history where it's edible by Pokemon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think so?

The Slowpoke tail in Gen 2 was never explicitly said to be food for Pokemon, and in Gen 6 it was on a Menu in a restaurant for People. Gen 8 is the first time in the series history where it's edible by Pokemon.
Here's the thing; why wouldn't it be edible by Pokemon beforehand? Unless it's solely the Galarian Slowpoke, then never mind. If so, then yeah, fair.

Shroob

Sup?
Here's the thing; why wouldn't it be edible by Pokemon beforehand? Unless it's solely the Galarian Slowpoke, then never mind. If so, then yeah, fair.
I mean sure we can insinuate it is, but we've never seen it til now.

It's one of those things where, "Yeah, we know it exists, but because the creator hasn't come out and said it's canon, we can only assume, even though it's 99.9% likely."

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Omg we're getting yet another Peach in Mario Kart Tour?

At least it isn't Penguin Mario but Penguin Luigi this time

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean sure we can insinuate it is, but we've never seen it til now.

It's one of those things where, "Yeah, we know it exists, but because the creator hasn't come out and said it's canon, we can only assume, even though it's 99.9% likely."
That's why I asked if they meant Galarian only. Cause then it's not implied at all. Could be only really edible because of the new species, respectively.

You know, in the way that different mushrooms are edible or poisonous.

But true, that's a fair point. They've maybe lightly hinted that Pokemon are edible as is beforehand, with this being a more proper confirmation. That make sense?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of lore.

1578640823491.png

"Mekk-Knight Orcust Gils
Level 4 DARK Machine Effect Monster
1800 ATK / 0 DEF
-You can only use each of this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn.
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "Orcust" or "World Legacy" card from your Deck to the GY, then if 2 or more cards are in this card's column, this card is treated as a Tuner this turn.
(2) If you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "World Legacy Token" (Machine/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to both players' fields in Defense Position.<Ignition>"

This **** is stupid busted, it might as well come out limited before it hits shelves.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 256515

"Mekk-Knight Orcust Gils
Level 4 DARK Machine Effect Monster
1800 ATK / 0 DEF
-You can only use each of this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn.
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "Orcust" or "World Legacy" card from your Deck to the GY, then if 2 or more cards are in this card's column, this card is treated as a Tuner this turn.
(2) If you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "World Legacy Token" (Machine/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to both players' fields in Defense Position.<Ignition>"

This **** is stupid busted, it might as well come out limited before it hits shelves.
.....Is this thing a ****ing instant Ib.

Lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
.....Is this thing a ****ing instant Ib.

Lol
I never dealt with the deck, but I do remember Ib being talked about causing otk's etc. or something.

Makes me wonder if they'll just hit Ib at some point or not. They already hit a major part of Guardragons(and many expect Elpy to follow, though possibly only the TCG. Even then, I'd first hit REDMD to eliminate a lot of the spam).

Shroob

Sup?
I never dealt with the deck, but I do remember Ib being talked about causing otk's etc. or something.

Makes me wonder if they'll just hit Ib at some point or not. They already hit a major part of Guardragons(and many expect Elpy to follow, though possibly only the TCG. Even then, I'd first hit REDMD to eliminate a lot of the spam).
You know how Denglong is banned because it was an abuse-able way to search a omni-negate counter-trap while generating advantage?

Ib is that but 2.0.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Good thing I don't main Orcusts or World Legacy.

Though once these university refunds come in, I'll get some new cards and build up my Trains and OjamABCs. My friend is gonna build SHS, so that's fun.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know how Denglong is banned because it was an abuse-able way to search a omni-negate counter-trap while generating advantage?

Ib is that but 2.0.
Though to be fair, the only other solution is to just ban Pillars of the Nine Ying Yangs. If I remember the name right. I'd gladly trade that for Denglong. That way the deck can function, but without the bull****.

On another note, I'm so damn glad Lithsogyam is banned. I wanted to use it for one of my decks too, I admit, and it'd fit well since it's combinable with a Level 2 Tuner for a Star Eater, but still. That card is horrific design. Diagram is good, but ten times more fair in comparison. I miss my Master Peace, but the ban was still a reasonable move(it's a bit overstated on how strong it is, but that's okay. Many cards are strong, but a bit much for the game to handle).

I hope we get the new list soon. I'd love Tribe to finally come back. I want HFD back too, but that ain't happening with Lightning Storm needing to sell. Which also mean that the Shaddoll Structure will clearly go through some changes. Pot of Avarice might come back, though. That said, with Links no longer a requirement, I doubt we'll see Party Boat at more than 1, if it ever comes back. It's just the smart move. Links are super playable regardless of that, and the best, so deck spam is a bad idea. Makes me wonder if the OCG could break it with the mechanic change, but I doubt it'll make a... heh, splash.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I actually have what was half of a Cyberdark deck still in a box i brought with me.

Cyberdark Inferno is super-hype, I love making mediocre decks work in crazy ways, half of why I play Ojamas.

Shroob

Sup?
I've always wanted a Madolche deck.

No way in hell that's ever happening if we don't get reprinted. 40 dollar and rising archetype-Stratos is way too much for 1 card, let alone 3.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've always wanted a Madolche deck.

No way in hell that's ever happening if we don't get reprinted. 40 dollar and rising archetype-Stratos is way too much for 1 card, let alone 3.
I get ya. I'm thankful the decks I want to play are currently fair prices. Worst was some hand traps at best, and I pulled some reprints like Evenly Matched.

On another note, I got a second Garma Sword when it was under 50 for my Succubus Knight deck. Its low price is around 135, or it might've been more. I get it's a hard to get card, but come on. The card tanks. To put it into perspective among stuff I've used, I've actually been able to beef up Succubus Knight enough to lock down someone in a more casual duel, but tributing a Monster while having 3 Command Knights out, and all they had was a Horus Level 6. Funny that. Was with Ultimate Offering, but that was before it was banned. Deck is still unplayable, cause I can't run a Synchro variant with 0 Norden, 0 Level Eater, 0 Dandylion, and only 1 Emergency Teleport. It ran reasonably well before then, and under Links too. Psyframe Lord - Omega helped. Worth noting this version with Level Eater was after Norden got banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom