• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
As cute as they are

I will never understand what the hell nature was thinking when it spit these things out

It's not a bird
So it's a mammal
But, it lays eggs
So...????
They are one of the oldest surviving mammals, so I like to think platypuses as some kind of a weird first draft.

D

Deleted member

They are one of the oldest surviving mammals, so I like to think platypuses as some kind of a weird first draft.
Not gonna lie, I like this take.

Something about It just seems to make sense for me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Y'all think platypuses are one of the weirdest things nature's come up with but if you look at the fossil record there are creatures that make even those look relatively normal.

Tully Monster.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all think platypuses are one of the weirdest things nature's come up with but if you look at the fossil record there are creatures that make even those look relatively normal.

The third picture reminds me of that alien at Jabba's Palace in Return Of The Jedi.

Personal edit: good lord, I seriously need to stop killing conversations by making posts like this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
The third picture reminds me of that alien at Jabba's Palace in Return Of The Jedi.

Personal edit: good lord, I seriously need to stop killing conversations by making posts like this one.
Nah, you didn't kill the convo, it's just ****ing late and I tabbed to a different tab to read about some of these lol

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Jesus dude I'm so sorry. How did you and your sister even survive?
To be honest, I just try and watch it as much as I could because I usually give my own film reviews even though I pretty much wanted to leave as I was really bored during the screening as almost half of the audience left. But boy, Cats was certainly more than a film which is an abomination such as the very poorly done CGI and visual effects, underwhelming plot, not much character development etc and it is easily what I regard as one of the worst films I had watched for a long while.

I kept on asking myself how did Mr. Mistoffelies used his magic powers to bring back Old Deuteronomy unless he asked Dr. Strange in an alternate timeline to help him open a portal for her?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Real talk, though, platypi are some of the cutest freaks of nature ever.
Surprising how accurate Dan and Swampy were when it came to this sort of stuff.

KILLIT.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am thinking about buying new trousers today.

Now with the stores open I should buy some new clothes to replace my old ones which don't fit as well as they used to.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Trojan War be like

olympian gods: nooo! you can't start the chain of events that will result in the biggest war in the greek mythology! you're just a minor deity!
eris: haha golden apple go nom

D

Deleted member

Trojan War be like

olympian gods: nooo! you can't start the chain of events that will result in the biggest war in the greek mythology! you're just a minor deity!
eris: haha golden apple go nom
I suppose you are studying Greek mithology.

Ngl, I was interested on studying Greek during my last two years of high school, but I ended up not doing so because everyone told me the teacher they had was tough to work with.

Such a shame, the world of Ancient Greece since really interesting to learn about.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I suppose you are studying Greek mithology.
Nah, it's a hobby for me but I've always loved reading about mythologies. Plus, if you study the English language and/or literature, it's pretty helpful to learn a few things about it because so many classics reference classical era Greek and Roman myths and texts.

Ngl, I was interested on studying Greek during my last two years of high school, but I ended up not doing so because everyone told me the teacher they had was tough to work with.

Such a shame, the world of Ancient Greece since really interesting to learn about.
It is, indeed. You can always try and search for online sources, though. I'm sure works of Ovid or Homeros are available on the internet.

D

Deleted member

Nah, it's a hobby for me but I've always loved reading about mythologies. Plus, if you study the English language and/or literature, it's pretty helpful to learn a few things about it because so many classics reference classical era Greek and Roman myths and texts.

It is, indeed. You can always try and search for online sources, though. I'm sure works of Ovid or Homeros are available on the internet.
I'm gonna make sure to look for the works of Ovid or Homero online.

And I just wanted to say that you do remind me of one of my IRL friends on regards to studying Greek as a hobbie.

Right now they are also studying many Asian languages out of personal interest through personal research.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I may not have been to this site for a long time, but I do kinda feel bad for the Sonic community about this.​

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The USPS really needs to add some kind of customer service. The fact that they dont have one is infuriating.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
@Taylor F Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! This was just posted and I thought you would like to check It out:

-snip-
Yeah, I saw! Pretty cool stuff. They posted this a few days ago and took it down if I recall correctly, so I guess they uploaded it at the incorrect date, or the video had an error.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I may not have been to this site for a long time, but I do kinda feel bad for the Sonic community about this.​
While the lost of all 20 years of news, info and what have you is indeed sad. The reason why the whole website was deleted is...let's just say, not very good.

(that, and apparantly, it was filled with alot of Sonic hates & toxicity for some time now) Edit 2: That part might have been another Sonic website actually, feel free to correct me here.

Still suck alot.

EDIT: Some of the articles have been saved it seem.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Pokemon SWSH news tomorrow. I think it's at 9 EST?
Maybe they’ll finally reveal that the two DLC packs will also contain linear routes in addition to their big wild areas. Then I would actually want to buy it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Of COURSE the Pokémon presentation airs while I am at work but I'm still pretty excited for it.

Betting on new Pokémon and forms that haven't been revealed yet.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Pokemon SWSH news tomorrow. I think it's at 9 EST?
Rather have Smash Bros news but hey, happy for the crowd.

Has there been any rumours from Nintendo recently or about Smash?

D

Deleted member

Rather have Smash Bros news but hey, happy for the crowd.

Has there been any rumours from Nintendo recently or about Smash?
The last thing I remember was a really fake-looking 4chan leak about upcoming spirits.

It implied there would be a SEGA Spirit event without Alex Kidd or Ryo Hazuki, which for me deemed It as fake.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Of COURSE the Pokémon presentation airs while I am at work but I'm still pretty excited for it.

Betting on new Pokémon and forms that haven't been revealed yet.
I hope they reveal some new regional forms beyond Slowbro. A set of starters getting them would be really cool, especially if it was the Johto ones.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom