• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Thought I'd bring up something fun.

How would you guys rank each of the newcomers taglines?

Spoiled due to how long it is.

Sm4sh

:4mewtwo:: Mewtwo Strikes Back!
:4feroy:: Roy Seals the Deal!
:4charizard:: Charizard Fires It Up!
:4lucas:: Lucas Comes Out of Nowhere!
:4villager:: Villager Comes To Town!
:4megaman:: Mega Man Joins the Battle!
:rosalina:: Rosalina & Luma Launches Into Battle!
:4wiifit:: Wii Fit Trainer Weighs In!
:4littlemac:: Little Mac Punches In!
:4greninja:: Greninja Makes a Splash!
:4palutena:: Palutena Alights!
:4robinm:: Robin Brings the Thunder!
:4lucina:: Lucina Wakes Her Blade?!
:4shulk:: Shulk Foresees a Fight!
:4bowserjr:: Bowser Jr. Clowns In!
:4duckhunt:: Dark Hunt Takes Aim!
:4ryu:: Here Comes A New Challenger! Ryu
:4cloud:: Cloud Storms Into Battle!
:4corrin:: Corrin Chooses to Smash!
:4bayonetta:: Bayonetta Gets Wicked!

Ultimate

:ultridley:: Ridley Hits the Big Time!
:ultsimon:: Simon Lashes Out!
:ultrichter:: Richter Crosses Over!
:ultkrool:: King K. Rool Comes Aboard!
:ultisabelle:: Isabelle Turns Over a New Leaf!
:ultken:: Ken Turns Up the Heat!
:ultincineroar:: Incineroar Enters the Ring!
:ultpiranha:: Piranha Plant Pipes In!
:ultjoker:: Joker Steals the Show!
:ulthero:: The Hero Draws Near!
:ultbanjokazooie:: Banjo & Kazooie Are Raring to Go!
:ult_terry:: Terry Faces the Fury!
:ultbyleth:: Byleth Joins Smash!/Byleth Recruits...Byleth
This post is old but I'll reply anyways. Here we go!
  1. :ultcorrin: "So bad it's good" at its finest.
  2. :ulthero: Idk I just really like this one.
  3. :ultgunner: "Abraham Lincoln gets sworn in!"
  4. :ultsonic: I was left speechless.
  5. :ultryu: Finally, a reveal that isn't "CHARACTER *witty pun*!" or "CHARACTER *does something* into battle!".
  6. :ultmewtwo: It's a nice callback to the first move.
  7. :ultroy: It sealed the deal for me, anyway...
  8. :ultsimon: Nice pun.
  9. :ultbrawler: "Ice T pours it on!"
  10. :ultswordfighter:"Elijah Wood Like to Battle!"
  11. :ultpacman: Cool and good.
  12. :ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultbowserjr::ultridley::ultkrool::ultjoker::ultbanjokazooie: They're slightly better than alright.
  13. :ultsheik::ultcharizard::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ult_terry: They're alright.
  14. :ultlucas::ultbayonetta::ultbyleth: It's one of those "so bad it's good" lines.
  15. :ultcloud: Rosalina's but slightly better because it had a pun.
  16. :ultsnake::ultmegaman::ultchrom::ultdarksamus: Eh. ("(Insert name here) joins the battle!")
  17. :ultyoshi: I forgot he had a tagline so I'm adding him now...
  18. :ultduckhunt: It's just less boring.
  19. :ultrosalina: It's just boring.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 272529

.....am I going to be cursed if I report this post?
I think you have to decode it first
  5. :ultryu: Finally, a reveal that isn't "CHARACTER *witty pun*!" or "CHARACTER *does something* into battle!".
  12. :ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultbowserjr::ultridley::ultkrool::ultjoker::ultbanjokazooie: They're slightly better than alright.
  13. :ultsheik::ultcharizard::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ult_terry: They're alright.
  14. :ultlucas::ultbayonetta::ultbyleth: It's one of those "so bad it's good" lines.
  16. :ultsnake::ultmegaman::ultchrom::ultdarksamus: Eh. ("(Insert name here) joins the battle!")
  17. :ultduckhunt: It's just less boring.
  18. :ultrosalina: It's just boring.
chooses to smash
7AEE19E1-94F8-4127-934A-6F6B8939E6E6.jpeg

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
  17. :ultduckhunt: It's just less boring.
  18. :ultrosalina: It's just boring.
Why does everyone forget my boi had a tagline?

D

Deleted member

Damn, Toy Story 1 is... More depressive and hits home harder than I imagined.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
well after suffering a stroke a few days ago, my grandma who lives with us has unfortunately passed away. What makes it rough though is how she lost almost all memory from it and was confused and dazed in her final hours. And not being able to see her because of this damn virus makes it way worse. I really hope things get better soon.

In a different note, looking at those new moves, triple axel is absolutely the signature move of calyarex. And the corrosive poison or whatever is definitely slowing and slowbros.

Other then that we know the signatures of every other Pokémon known. So that still leads like 18 moves without an assigned Pokémon.

Rising voltage is likely the signature of electregi and I’m thinking meteor beam for the other one.

As for what moves are for the birds, I’m unsure, but I doubt the lack signatures. Let’s say they each have one, that’s 13 new moves still left. So there could be 13 new final stage Pokémon with these moves, weather that be legendaries or final forms of galarian forms, or even if a new Pokémon or two.

So it should be interesting to see what’s in the dlc[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
well after suffering a stroke a few days ago, my grandma who lives with us has unfortunately passed away. What makes it rough though is how she lost almost all memory from it and was confused and dazed in her final hours. And not being able to see her because of this damn virus makes it way worse. I really hope things get better soon.
In a different note, looking at those new moves, triple axel is absolutely the signature move of calyarex. And the corrosive poison or whatever is definitely slowing and slowbros.

Other then that we know the signatures of every other Pokémon known. So that still leads like 18 moves without an assigned Pokémon.

Rising voltage is likely the signature of electregi and I’m thinking meteor beam for the other one.

As for what moves are for the birds, I’m unsure, but I doubt the lack signatures. Let’s say they each have one, that’s 13 new moves still left. So there could be 13 new final stage Pokémon with these moves, weather that be legendaries or final forms of galarian forms, or even if a new Pokémon or two.

So it should be interesting to see what’s in the dlc
[/QUOTE]
May she rest in peace.

D

Deleted member

[/QUOTE]
My condolences to you and your family.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

May she rest in peace.[/QUOTE]

My condolences to you and your family.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, it means a lot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Are quotes broken with spoilers again? Why is everyone ending in [/QUOTE]

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Are quotes broken with spoilers again? Why is everyone ending in
[/QUOTE] (Edit: I didn't add that)
While this is humorous to notice, I cannot really laugh after reading of the sad news.

My paternal grandfather died before I was born, and my maternal grandfather and grandmother died when I was 2 and 4 respectively, so I only vaguely remember them.
But at 14, I lost my paternal grandmother and I watched her have a fatal heart attack in the hospital and take her final breath. It scarred me for a long time. I remember having the attitude that boys don't cry at the time, but I didn't let go of my tears; they forced themselves out.
So I fully sympathize with seeing loved ones pass away in front of one's very own eyes.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'm deeply sorry for your loss, Z25... I know how you feel. My prayers go to you and your family, and I do hope that things do get better for you all. Take a lot of care, and may she rest in peace.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I'm so sorry, man. I remember my grandmother's death being the first time I experienced such a loss. I know what it's like not being able to have seen her in her final hours, it really hurt. I hope your family can stay strong during this time.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Yay for my lack of self love. Goddamnit I'm so not in the mood. How are you guys?
Personally, I'm a little peeved about a certain recent interaction, but I am defending myself.
But other than that, the girl I'm talking to sent me a cuddly text today, and that always adds +2 to my mood.

D

Deleted member

Yay for my lack of self love. Goddamnit I'm so not in the mood. How are you guys?
Basically the same mood as you.

Hoping nothing goes wrong regarding the plan of my friends and I tomorrow because I seriously need a day without my family.

Besides that, I am going to make a flan for my family since we are having a reunion today.
Doubt they will suddenly change their view on me over It, but at least I would be doing other stuff besides listening to music on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Basically the same mood as you.

Hoping nothing goes wrong regarding the plan of my friends and I tomorrow because I seriously need a day without my family.

Besides that, I am going to make a flan for my family since we are having a reunion today.
Doubt they will suddenly change their view on me over It, but at least I would be doing other stuff besides listening to music on my phone.
Their views on you? What do you mean?

D

Deleted member

Luckily i'm tired, and I'm waiting until i close my eyes since it's like middle of the night for me. I hope that your day gets better.
Probably won't get better even with the flan.

But oh well, as long as I manage to meet my friends tomorrow this day will just be a sort of endurance test as usual.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I came home to see that my sister was finally watching Ducktales 2017 on Disney+. I'm so proud of her.

PS the NES moon theme is a banger and I only know about it because of that show. I've got to play that game someday, or at least its Remaster.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
How are you guys?
I'm chill. Listening to music. Going to sleep soon.

I forgot who Calyrex was for a second.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm deeply sorry for your loss, bud...Losing a loved one always hurts...

Are you feeling okay?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Shroob

Sup?
I came home to see that my sister was finally watching Ducktales 2017 on Disney+. I'm so proud of her.

PS the NES moon theme is a banger and I only know about it because of that show. I've got to play that game someday, or at least its Remaster.
I crai erry day because it'll never be in Smash.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I seriously need to stop waking up at 12pm everyday.
Screw the lockdown, I need a walk. I keep having dreams where I get hit and stuff.

Hows the rest of yous?

D

Deleted member

I seriously need to stop waking up at 12pm everyday.
Screw the lockdown, I need a walk. I keep having dreams where I get hit and stuff.

Hows the rest of yous?
Almost finished with the flan

Just need to heat It up a bit and then do a few more steps.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Found out the Lesley got banned...:(
My curiosity senses are tingling! I........must......know.....what.....happened.....
You don't wanna hit the investigation button. At least, not publicly. :secretkpop: From experience, big men upstairs don't like that, for some reason.

Then again, a ban did end up getting the two biggest threads on the website into massive lockdown from riots, so maybe that's why lol

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
>Sega says they're gonna take their time to release games.

>People start to think this means we'll get higher quality games.

c4ec5fd9762909c82376afc866eebecfc40477f6_hq.gif

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I am very sorry about your grandmother. I remember when I lost my grandmother. May yours rest in peace.

D

Deleted member

I finally arrived to my uncle's house to serve the flan... And just when I was about to put the flan on the desk the goddam bag breaks out of nowhere and the flan fell to the floor.

It can still be eaten... But god****ing dammit.

Why the bad stuff always happens to me during family meetings?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I finally arrived to my uncle's house to serve the flan... And just when I was about to put the flan on the desk the goddam bag breaks out of nowhere and the flan fell to the floor.

Man, that sucks. Good thing it's savable. I'm sure you spent a lot of time on that. Nobody wants their hard work to go to waste.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

My sympathy to you. Fates really not liking you sometimes for the small stuff.

Also cool to see you are cooking stuff at this age.
I live in a house of ready meals and instant noodles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom